Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1759

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 1,685 Posts
    See?
    I told ya BRICS is good shit..............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2023), Aragorn (1st June 2023), modwiz (31st May 2023), Wind (1st June 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 7,282 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    See?
    Shitting brics, milord?
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2023), Aragorn (1st June 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd June 2023), modwiz (1st June 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Shitting brics, milord?
    Not me nugg................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2023), Aragorn (1st June 2023), modwiz (1st June 2023), Wind (1st June 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    See?
    I see it.

They are getting their legs under them now.

Just in time too.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2023), Aragorn (1st June 2023), Diabolical Boids (2nd June 2023), Lord Sidious (1st June 2023), Octopus Garden (10th June 2023), Wind (1st June 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,090 Times in 2,652 Posts
    There are good informal discussions on Ukraine's steps towards NATO membership – NATO Secretary General

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg described informal discussions within the Alliance on specific steps Ukraine should take to achieve NATO membership as "good".

Source: Stoltenberg during the meeting of NATO members’ foreign ministers in Oslo, as reported by European Pravda

Details: Asked whether the Allies would agree on any specific steps for Ukraine to take to achieve NATO membership, the Secretary General replied: "I am confident that we will find consensus on this issue. We already have good informal discussions. And we confirm the main point: Ukraine will become a member of this Alliance".

Stoltenberg also pointed out that Ukraine has been moving towards NATO, shifting from Soviet to NATO standards.

He said NATO has been helping Ukraine with this since 2014 and especially after Russia's full-scale invasion.

"So, yes, we are moving in this direction, and yes, our allies see Ukraine as a NATO member," Stoltenberg explained.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...al/ar-AA1c0veC

Hmmmm, why would you keep poking your adversary in the eye with this crusty burnt stick? Are you really so confident that things are about to break your way hard against all odds, or has The Grand Delusion finally set in for good and hardened in place?

One thing's for certain, it means that any ideas of a negotiated settlement are still met with an oversized middle finger.

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2023), Aragorn (2nd June 2023), modwiz (2nd June 2023), Octopus Garden (6th June 2023), Wind (2nd June 2023)

Thanks
    Speaking of NATO... Now that their mission as US lead attack dog is no longer confined to just helping topple uncooperative nations in the Western hemisphere, it's been decided that their services are no longer regional, security concerns are global don't you know (imagine that).

So this begs a question: as Stoltenberg and company spread their attention eastward as well, and are already looking to make a name for themselves in enforcing the whims of the International Rules Based Order on disputed turf in the Indo China region, is the name North Atlantic Treaty Organization still appropriate?

Should the name change accordingly to fit its now greatly expanded, global responsibilities? NATO, it's no longer just about the North Atlantic region, and stopping the red hordes.

(16:15-18:38)

Socrates

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2023), Aragorn (2nd June 2023), modwiz (2nd June 2023), Octopus Garden (6th June 2023), Wind (3rd June 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I don't think it's fair to compare Putin to Hitler. Yes, he's a dictator and a ruthless murderer, but that's about where the comparison ends. Hitler was a neurotic narcissist, whereas Putin is more of a mafia boss — he's an oligarch, after all. Also, Hitler sought to build an empire of Aryan people, whereas Putin inherited a former empire and is geopolitically much more isolationist

Or let me put it another way. Putin is a bastard and I don't like him. But unlike Zelenskyy and anyone representing the US government or the Pentagon, Putin doesn't make me want to vomit with disgust yet every time I see his picture in the news.

Just my two Eurocents worth. Your mileage may vary.
    Have to agree. Your take seems closest to the reality. They all suck, but Putin doesn't make me want to puke yet either. I find Zelensky hard to take. He's not even begging for arms, he's demanding them. I get the feeling this would be over pretty damned fast if Zelensky was replaced with somebody else. The little sh** has a huge ego.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2023), Aragorn (3rd June 2023), Lord Sidious (3rd June 2023), modwiz (3rd June 2023), Wind (3rd June 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Have to agree. Your take seems closest to the reality. They all suck, but Putin doesn't make me want to puke yet either. I find Zelensky hard to take. He's not even begging for arms, he's demanding them. I get the feeling this would be over pretty damned fast if Zelensky was replaced with somebody else. The little sh** has a huge ego.
    He goes around guilt tripping people into giving him arms.................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2023), Aragorn (3rd June 2023), modwiz (3rd June 2023), Octopus Garden (6th June 2023), Wind (3rd June 2023)

Thanks
    It seems that the Ukrainian counter-offensive is starting. Looks like Russia blew up a major dam too.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklSQLZx8aI

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2023), Aragorn (6th June 2023), Octopus Garden (10th June 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Have a great day today

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2023), Aragorn (6th June 2023), Octopus Garden (6th June 2023), Wind (6th June 2023)

Thanks
    Talking about sanity, here are some common Russians being interviewed about the madness of the war.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnkp6f-TGYA

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2023), Aragorn (6th June 2023), Octopus Garden (6th June 2023)

Thanks
    So first off, I want to make it clear that if a proper investigation were to ever take place, and find that an order to blow this dam came from Putin, I immediately join the camp that says hang 'em, and hang 'em high for the whole world to see.

That being said, so far anyway it doesn't make any more sense to me that this indeed the case, than it did when Assad supposedly gassed his own people as the eyes of the West were about to move on to other things, when Ghadaffi was supposedly about to slaughter a half million of his own people - or much more recently, when Russia supposedly blew up its own pipeline as a demonstration to the world of what they're capable of doing, while losing all the leverage they had over Germany by doing so.

The Russians didn't need to do this to slow down this upcoming Ukrainian offensive, nor did they need floodwaters as cover for a mass retreat. Unless... unless Putin got that strange bug himself where he's compelled to do the one thing, the one thing that would make even his strongest allies turn away in horror.

OTOH, I've watched the West and the Ukrainian leadership slip deeper and deeper into desperation and delusion, and by this point, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone's special forces decided to blow that bad boy as cover for an offensive that not only was already floundering, but that only ever had slim to none chances of success in the first place. This offensive was for the West to continue on with the deep pockets, not as an actual war strategy.

No offensive even as just a show of it? Those deep pockets dry up and the chickens finally come home to roost.

A failed offensive that was vastly obscured by a blown dam? That should be good enough for the donors to keep digging deep on demand, just wait for that fall offensive!

Speaking of delusional, this stupefied version of "Baghdad Bob" is just throwing all kinds of shit at the wall, hoping that something may stick. Is this the best they can do any more? Really? Seriously?...

The rest of the world is watching closely, and they mostly have IQ's above 60...

Socrates

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2023), Aragorn (9th June 2023), Lord Sidious (8th June 2023), modwiz (10th June 2023), Octopus Garden (10th June 2023), Wind (12th June 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    I watched 2 almost equally convincing videos yesterday, one explaining why Russia would never do it, so likely Ukraine's doing, and another explaining why Russia would definitely do it and the reasons why.

Nobody dropped anything on the dam from above, like a bomb, missile, drone attack. There's no evidence for that. If the dam was taken out, it would have been from inside the dam, by explosives placed at strategic points.

The Russians have control of that area and I imagine the dam, being strategically so important, would have been monitored pretty closely.

Russians benefit by flooding farmland, destroying millions of acres of wheat and also creating a muddy quagmire that will last through the summer. That will give them an advantage militarily.

It's so tragic. As if Ukrainians don't have enough to deal with, they have this now too. They can only win this, imo, if the Nato nations impoverish themselves by pouring all of their military might, including fighter jets, into the area. And that puts European Nato more on a true and direct war footing with near neighbour, Russia.

This was a terribly ill conceived war and the people of the Ukraine, deserving as much sovereignty as any other nation, elected the wrong puppet, or it wouldn't be happening.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2023), Aragorn (10th June 2023), Fred Steeves (11th June 2023), modwiz (10th June 2023), Wind (12th June 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    This was a terribly ill conceived war and the people of the Ukraine, deserving as much sovereignty as any other nation, elected the wrong puppet, or it wouldn't be happening.
    Zelenskyy was never elected. He rose to power after a western-backed neo-Nazi coup in which the democratically elected but pro-Russian Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych was ousted.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2023), Fred Steeves (11th June 2023), Lord Sidious (10th June 2023), modwiz (10th June 2023), Octopus Garden (10th June 2023), Wind (12th June 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    I know the former elected guy was ousted, but was Zelensky actually installed, without an election? Not that it matters, it's just a technicality in an atmosphere of interference and manipulation by the radical fascist right wing.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2023), Aragorn (10th June 2023), Fred Steeves (11th June 2023), Lord Sidious (10th June 2023), modwiz (10th June 2023), Wind (12th June 2023)