Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Admissions of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in the sky

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind is that if mankind ever manages to colonize Mars, then after a few generations, those Martians would no longer be human due to the difference in gravity, which will impact the development of their skeletons, their respiratory system, their muscles and even their brain and their blood circulation. And their circadian rhythms would be different too, as would women's menstrual cycles be.
    Damn, that's quite interesting. Could you imagine the day when the first human would be born on Mars? Would be interesting from the point of astrology too because normally Earth is not in the readings as that's already the planet where we already are living in. Mars is the planet of our desires, actions, energy, passion, war, aggression, sex, and assertion, God of War. Then Mars would be the "starting point" for those humans who are born there, Earth would have a different influence on them as it would not be home.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th May 2021), Chris (20th May 2021), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Damn, that's quite interesting. Could you imagine the day when the first human would be born on Mars? Would be interesting from the point of astrology too because normally Earth is not in the readings as that's already the planet where we already are living in. Mars is the planet of our desires, actions, energy, passion, war, aggression, sex, and assertion, God of War. Then Mars would be the "starting point" for those humans who are born there, Earth would have a different influence on them as it would not be home.
    Well, Elon Musk does plan to colonize Mars, and he has already stated that he'll declare independence from Earth if he succeeds. So, he's already speaking the tongue of war before mankind has even set foot on Mars.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (20th May 2021), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2021), Wind (20th May 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    The space between us was made along those lines and I thought it was an excellent movie:

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2021), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2021), Wind (20th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,102 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    The space between us was made along those lines and I thought it was an excellent movie:
    I'm surprised this slipped past me ... maybe it was the romance thing. I read a book a while back that was about a 1st mission to Mars. It was an interesting book but the mission ended in a complete failure. Constant emotional exhilaration and dejection. An uncharacteristic book, i think it would have been classified as vintage ... meaning it was written back in the 70's.
    Last edited by Wind, 20th May 2021 at 18:28.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2021), Chris (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Wind (20th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Fire in The Sky
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2021), Chris (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (21st May 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Ozzzzzzy!

The Space Between Us trailer was quite moving. I haven't seen the movie.

A friend and his daughter were working on a school project where they had to imagine a scenario where a Generations ship would send humans to a new planet.

I asked, what about the fact that generations will have grown up on the ship and may not want to go to a planet?

He said that was one of the conundrums they were working on.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2021), Chris (22nd May 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    UFO researcher Jeremy Corbell shows some brand new UFO footage, again with an underwater theme. It's a spherical craft diving into the Ocean at great speed, no wreckage found. Indications of some sort of gravity drive and if you ask me, some sort of phase distortion or perhaps an object shifted into another dimension. Another possibility would be some sort of force field, partially out of phase with our reality. The Navy searched for signs of wreckage, but found none.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    UFO researcher Jeremy Corbell shows some brand new UFO footage, again with an underwater theme. It's a spherical craft diving into the Ocean at great speed, no wreckage found. Indications of some sort of gravity drive and if you ask me, some sort of phase distortion or perhaps an object shifted into another dimension. Another possibility would be some sort of force field, partially out of phase with our reality. The Navy searched for signs of wreckage, but found none.
    I know how these jet sensor systems work but I still wonder how they KNOW what they are seeing is physical. Just stating my shadow of a doubt. I'm getting ready to power up my infrared goggles and wear them whenever I'm outside at night smoking a cigarette. So now I have an ET hanging from rear view mirror, I've been telling my neighbor work stories that border on the paranoid, and they'll be seeing me sitting around with my goggles at night. I'm thinking I'm going to get a reputation.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    I know how these jet sensor systems work but I still wonder how they KNOW what they are seeing is physical.
    If it emanates or reflects electromagnetic radiation, then it is physical.

I'm getting ready to power up my infrared goggles and wear them whenever I'm outside at night smoking a cigarette.
    While it is not impossible that you'd see something with civilian-grade night goggles, there are some things you would probably only detect if you had the restricted military-grade night goggles.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    "I'm thinking I'm going to get a reputation."

Gong to?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    "I'm thinking I'm going to get a reputation."

Gong to?
    lol, yeah you're right ... and so are you Aragorn. But they 'were' military grade at one point ... those objects definitely reflect light. So in the end, their movement characteristics are what matters.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    lol, yeah you're right ... and so are you Aragorn. But they 'were' military grade at one point ... those objects definitely reflect light. So in the end, their movement characteristics are what matters.
    As a scientist and a sci-fi enthusiast, their propulsion system is what intrigues me the most.

And come on, let's be honest, if several branches of the US military are unaware of what those things are and are willing to come clean about the sightings, then it's safe to assume that these objects are most likely not some classified US military technology, because if that were the case, then the entire US military would have good reason to be very, very angry with the Pentagon for keeping them out of the loop and running a secret operation behind their backs for who knows how many years or even decades. And given that the USA has the technologically most advanced military of all countries, I think we can just as safely assume that those things are also neither Russian nor Chinese.

So, to myself it's a clear-cut fact that these objects come from another world, and most likely, a world beyond our own solar system. And given how many of these things appear to have an affinity for the oceans, it is also very likely that they, whoever they are, might have one or several bases somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. After all, 90% of the world's oceans is still uncharted territory. Hell, they might even have bases under our feet, or somewhere up in the mountains.

As the matter of fact ─ and now I'm going to get into something that's both personal and a bit long-winded, but please bear with me ─ I am an avid collector of one particular comic book series. It's a Belgian comic book series by the name Yoko Tsuno, which debuted in 1969, and of which there are to date 29 albums and one novel. I don't own the novel, but I do own all of the comic book albums.

The series mostly revolves around technology, both terrestrial and current on the one hand, and futuristic ─ literally from the future, and thus involving time travel ─ and/or extraterrestrial on the other hand. The description of the technology is good, but not always scientifically accurate, because the series is primarily aimed at children, albeit that the plot twists, the interpersonal relationships and the psychology of the characters can sometimes be a bit too heavy for young children.

As comic books go, the characters don't appear to be aging over time, even though the pilot story appeared in 1969 while the most recent album appeared still as recently as 2019, and due to the author's tendency to want to depict the scenery as accurate to reality as possible, you do notice these era-specific things in the comics, such as in the evolution of the types of cars and technologies that appear throughout the series.

The main and titular character is Yoko Tsuno, a young Japanese woman ─ later on, it will also be revealed that she is actually one quarter Chinese ─ who is a brilliant electronics engineer and who has traveled to Europe in order to find an interesting job. She turns out to also have a black belt in aikido and to be an excellent pilot ─ gliders at first, then helicopters, and later on also various other aircraft, among which jets. Having traveled to Europe, Yoko ends up in Belgium, where she meets her two future best friends. Their names differ between the different language translations ─ the series is originally created in French, because the author, Roger Leloup, is a francophone Belgian ─ but in the Dutch version, they are called Ben and Paul, albeit that Ben is also sometimes referred to as Max in the first couple of albums, presumably because the translators weren't sure yet on what name to give him.

With the exception of album #4, which comprises four unrelated short stories, and album #29, which comprises two longer stories that, although unrelated, naturally flow from one into the other, the recipe is usually one story per album, and every album essentially stands on its own. Nevertheless, there are several recurring story arcs, as well as returning secondary characters. One of these recurring story arcs is the one from the very first album.

In this first album, Yoko comes to meet Ben and Paul for the first time. At the time of that story, Ben and Paul are friends and colleagues at the national television network ─ Ben as a producer and Paul as a cameraman. Especially Ben appears intrigued by Yoko, whom they come to meet when she is trying to break into a building ─ as it turns out, she was hired by the owner of the building for establishing whether his burglar alarm was effective ─ and he offers Yoko a job as a fellow investigator in a documentary they're about to shoot on the subject of a river that appears to vanish into a cave but never resurfaces again.

As Yoko, Ben and Paul are investigating the cave, the water level of the river suddenly rises very fast for no explicable reason. Donning their scuba gear, they get into the water, but an inexplicable, strong current quickly draws them through an underground tunnel, which then transitions into a glassy-looking tube, and they find themselves washed on a gigantic grate. As they are slowly regaining their composure, they find themselves surrounded by strange-looking humans with a blue skin, all wearing a strange uniform and speaking a language they don't understand. The blue-skinned humans urge them to get onboard of a very advanced looking craft ─ a kind of maglev device, but without any visible rails.

After traveling for about half an hour at an incredible speed, they disembark the craft, and they are greeted by a blonde and blue-skinned young woman who hands each of them a lightweight headphone set, and once they put those on, they can understand her as if she is speaking Dutch. The girl introduces herself as Khany and tells them she will be their guide. After a brief altercation with another blue-skinned individual who appears to be the head of security of the blue-skinned people and who brutalizes Khany, Khany takes them for a trip on another craft, similar to the one they arrived in, but much larger.

During the trip, Khany explains that she and her people come from a planet called Vinea in the M33 galaxy ─ also known as the Triangulum galaxy ─ at 2 million light-years from Earth. Their planet was orbiting two suns, which were moving closer and closer together, rendering their planet uninhabitable because of the rise in surface heat and the radiation. The Vineans sought to leave their world before it would be destroyed and were planning to build 100 ships, in which the people would be put in stasis, controlled by an artificial intelligence. However, only 11 ships were completed, and while the first 10 ships wandered out throughout the Triangulum galaxy, the 11th ship ended up here in the Milky Way, in orbit around Earth, 400'000 years ago. Then, a number of people were awoken from their stasis by the artificial intelligence controlling the ship, and those people began exploring Earth.

As the Vineans saw that Earth humans were beginning to develop around that time, and as they had already been living underground on their own planet for a long time due to the heat and the radiation at the surface, the decision was made to start living underground on Earth as well. Once the underground bases were created, and the ship that brought them here had been dismantled and moved underground, a number of the Vineans were put back into stasis, while the rest kept operating the base. As such, the Vineans have been living underground here on Earth for 400'000 years already, periodically bringing people out of their stasis to replace those who were getting too old to still do any work.

Throughout the first couple of albums that feature the Vineans, Khany is always accompanied by a blonde and blue-skinned little girl of about five or six years old, named Poky, but the bond between them is never explained until much later in the series, when Khany and her friends appeal unto Yoko, Ben and Paul again in an attempt to return to their home world by way of an artificial wormhole. At that point ─ and near the end of that particular story ─ it is revealed that Khany and Poky are actually twin sisters, but that Poky was awoken from her stasis much later than Khany, so that Khany now appears to be about 20 years older.

With the exception of Karpan, the head of security, who appears to be a sociopathic megalomaniac, the Vineans living under the Earth are depicted as a technologically highly advanced but nevertheless very peaceful people. They certainly possess the technology to take over the world if they wanted to ─ and especially if you consider that they arrived here on Earth 400'000 years ago, when Earth humans were still wearing animal skins and beating each other over the head with wooden sticks and animal bones ─ but they don't. Instead, they respect humanity and they are keeping their existence on Earth a secret. Their flying craft are all equipped with surveillance-suppressing equipment, and they avoid any kind of contact, except for Yoko, Ben, Paul and anyone that the three of them deem necessary to be brought in on the Vineans' underground existence.

Now, all of that is of course a recurring story arc in a comic book series, but it's an interesting concept nevertheless. So, indeed, what if there actually are extraterrestrials living under our feet, and maybe have been living there from before the industrial age?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    The main and titular character is Yoko Tsuno, a young Japanese woman ─ later on, it will also be revealed that she is actually one quarter Chinese ─ who is a brilliant electronics engineer and who has traveled to Europe in order to find an interesting job.
    Hey, that used to be one of my all time favorite comic books too ever since I was a child, I still actually sometimes read those comics. I felt that my "ideal woman" would be like Yoko, I might have had a semi crush on a cartoon character if that is possible. I've had connections to Japan and China, I'll just leave it there.

Many of those UFO's are not exactly physical vehicles and they move between dimensions at the speed of thought as that is the fastest thing in the universe. The physical vehicles if there are any are far less superior technology and are probably operated by lower intelligence or might be even remotely controlled.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2021), Chris (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    Hey, that used to be one of my all time favorite comic books too ever since I was a child, I still actually sometimes read those comics. I felt that my "ideal woman" would be like Yoko, I might have had a semi crush on a cartoon character if that is possible. I've had connections to Japan and China, I'll just leave it there.

Many of those UFO's are not exactly physical vehicles and they move between dimensions at the speed of thought as that is the fastest thing in the universe. The physical vehicles if there are any are far less superior technology and are probably operated by lower intelligence or might be even remotely controlled.
    You ever seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? ... it's possible ...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2021), Chris (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    The main and titular character is Yoko Tsuno, a young Japanese woman ─ later on, it will also be revealed that she is actually one quarter Chinese ─ who is a brilliant electronics engineer and who has traveled to Europe in order to find an interesting job.
    Hey, that used to be one of my all time favorite comic books too ever since I was a child, I still actually sometimes read those comics.
    I also still do read them from time to time. That's why I bought the whole series as a full pack ─ with the exception of the last five or six albums, which I've bought separately later as they hadn't been released yet at that point in time ─ while the couple of Yoko Tsuno albums my brother and I had as children are either at my brother's place now, or else they have been lost.

I felt that my "ideal woman" would be like Yoko, I might have had a semi crush on a cartoon character if that is possible. I've had connections to Japan and China, I'll just leave it there.
    My favorite character in that series is actually Khany ─ and has been ever since I was a young boy ─ although Yoko is certainly pretty and charming too.

The ones you term as non-physical are not necessarily superior in technology. They are probably from a higher-dimensional environment and completely incomparable to anything that exists within our spacetime continuum.

Also, I don't think the "physical" ships would be remotely controlled. It makes much more sense ─ as Michio Kaku says ─ that they would be autonomous machines, controlled by an A.I. Space is too hostile an environment for organic life: harmful doses of ionizing radiation, a lack of gravity, psychological issues resulting from being locked up inside a tin can away from family and loved ones, the possible loss of life due to malfunctions or hull breaches, and so on. Any species with an advanced enough technology for interstellar travel will probably be sending out A.I.-powered reconnaissance drones first before making physical contact themselves.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (22nd May 2021), Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)