Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mental Illness and a Plethora of Annoying Comments

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    This is not true. I've got someone with BPD in my life for about 19 years now, of which we were very close friends for about 10 years, and we're still friends today, albeit not closely anymore. They most certainly do feel compassion and they certainly can feel remorse, but compared to other people, it does take much more to trigger those responses within them, such as being brutally confronted with the consequences of their actions.
    I would not really agree, but your mileage may vary. They seem to deflect any responsibility for their actions and I've not seen any true remorse, many people say the same thing. It's more like they might momentarily feel sorry for behaving awfully, but they're not that sorry about you getting hurt. It's about them always. Where is the compassion when they treat people like crap?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (19th May 2021), Dreamtimer (19th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    This is not true. I've got someone with BPD in my life for about 19 years now, of which we were very close friends for about 10 years, and we're still friends today, albeit not closely anymore. They most certainly do feel compassion and they certainly can feel remorse, but compared to other people, it does take much more to trigger those responses within them, such as being brutally confronted with the consequences of their actions.
    I would not really agree, but your mileage may vary. They seem to deflect any responsibility for their actions and I've not seen any true remorse, many people say the same thing. It's more like they might momentarily feel sorry for behaving awfully, but they're not that sorry about you getting hurt. It's about them always. Where is the compassion when they treat people like crap?
    What you have to keep in mind is that when their BPD kicks in, they enter a state of psychosis, and as such, their experience of reality becomes heavily distorted. It's not a permanent state of mind, but rather something that comes and goes.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Dreamtimer (19th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2021), Wind (19th May 2021)

Thanks
    What you have to keep in mind is that when their BPD kicks in, they enter a state of psychosis, and as such, their experience of reality becomes heavily distorted. It's not a permanent state of mind, but rather something that comes and goes.
    It's like a flip of a switch and it can happen any time, there's no stability.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (19th May 2021), Dreamtimer (19th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    There's so much I could say about this as unfortunately I have the experience and the scars on my soul to prove it. It takes a long, long time to recover from such an experience with someone who has BPD. It's such a devastating condition, basically people with BPD are radioactive. If you get too close, your soul will get radiation sickness and maybe you won't die, but perhaps the outcome will be even worse. On the outside such people can be so sweet and caring, intelligent, funny... But intimate relationships triggers their condition. The partner, friend, children become the outlet for their emotional problems and boy do they have those.

The external object meaning the family member is "expected" to regulate their emotions, which of course is impossible and once they're no longer idealized they can become the devil due to splitting. Also people with BPD are not truly capable of loving anyone, nor trusting or respecting because they don't have a sense of self until they've found it again through therapy and chances are very low that people with BPD ever get into therapy. Also they do see other people as objects which honestly is quite frightening, it has something to do with lowered empathy. They do have empathy, but they are not really able to put themselves into the other person's shoes. Their own needs and emotions override everything, the have endless needs and they're never met. There is no compassion to be found in them.

Unless they've been in therapy long enough and even then BPD is not exactly cured because it's who they are, they just can get more self-aware and won't be so impulsive and destructive. As it is Cluster B personality disorder it's not too far away from narcissistic personality disorder. Both conditions are extremely devastating, but narcs are just literally demons from hell. There's no hope for them. Although with borderlines I could say that their soul origin is not human either to put it mildly, I've seen that there are forces taking control over the person with no self, and those forces are not good. I've seen it in the eyes, the blackness and it is one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen. Narcissistic/borderline rage is horrifying, it makes you even fear for your life.
    This sounds all very familiar to me, i have met a few people like that

When i first moved to Mexico around 5 years ago, i was hosted by a friend for around a year and a half, she was a bit crazy but in the fun way, until it wasn't. She started doing weird stuff, like demanding too much attention from me, constantly being angry one hour and next hour perfectly happy, loving me to no end and treating me like her sister, then at night she would go ballistic over any simple thing, like me forgetting to wash the dishes or stuff like that, then one day we were asleep and she somehow woke up and started screaming that she could not invite anyone because i was living there, and she went all crazy, then next hour she was crying asking me for forgiveness and to please not leave and that everything would be normal and stuff. It never happened, things continued to happen until i moved away to my own apartment around a month or so later, i truly believed she could kill me on my sleep on one of those crazy moments

Also she was extremely demanding, way more than me, in that everything had to be perfect, she did not display emotions otherwise if something wasn't 'perfect', but it would come up later on after a few weeks, like she would never forget about the issue, as ridiculous as it may have been

I think one of the problems was that we got too close, and she started considering me as family, so she kind of let the front go away and showed her true self, down to the very core instincts and feelings

One day i went to get water around 3 am, to the kitchen on the first floor, and when i was going up she was standing on the stairs, i got scared because it was like seeing a ghost lol, just standing there on the shadows at the very top of the stairs, then she did not say anything and went back to bed... Was she checking i wasn't going to run away at midnight?

There are way too many other things but it kind of progressed slowly towards that crazy environment, at first it was all just normal and perfect happiness, but then it was all about her needs and anything that was wrong, it was about how it affected her and that was it, no care for anything or anyone else

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (20th May 2021), Diabolical Boids (16th February 2023), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2021), Wind (20th May 2021)

Thanks
    I know what I've seen and some things you will never forget. Demonic possession, that's all I'm going to say.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (20th May 2021), Diabolical Boids (16th February 2023), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2021), Malisa (20th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I had a gps that I couldn't get to work and it pissed me off so bad, I got a hammer and my daughter and I went outside and we smashed it to pieces. It was fun!

Another very good therapist:
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (20th May 2021), Dreamtimer (20th May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Wind (20th May 2021)

Thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (21st May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Thanks
    I understand this person: Someone looking for something they think they deserve but never acquiring it, instead to her, what she has experienced is a neverending barrage of abuse. The inevitable result is what she presents in this rather stupid video:

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (21st May 2021), Dreamtimer (21st May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Thanks
    She has dead eyes unless those are contacts. A deadly chipmunk.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (21st May 2021), Diabolical Boids (16th February 2023), Dreamtimer (21st May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Her eyes were weirding me out, too. I suspect they're contacts.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (21st May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Her eyes were weirding me out, too. I suspect they're contacts.
    Updated statistic: With psychopaths and sociopaths taken together they comprise 4% of the population. Consider that: 1 in 25 people... Buyer Beware!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (21st May 2021), Dreamtimer (21st May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That was the population remaining in Beau's analysis who would die on their mountain rather than surrender their arsenals. And I do mean arsenals.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (21st May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2021), Wind (21st May 2021)

Thanks
    This is riveting ... seems dumb but they go deeper. It gets to the deeper psychological aspects of this character. Definitely not political.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd October 2021), Aragorn (3rd October 2021), Dreamtimer (4th October 2021), Wind (3rd October 2021)

Thanks
    Interview with a narcissistic psychopath H.G. Tudor. Rumours say he's just an american faking the accent.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaC_0pQch4
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th February 2023), Aragorn (16th February 2023), Diabolical Boids (16th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (16th February 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    I know what I've seen and some things you will never forget. Demonic possession, that's all I'm going to say.
    I'm with you on that one. I know what I have seen. There's a clear distinction between people with trauma and minor dysfunctions or emotional injuries who stray into acting out some of these behaviors in a superficial way and the people referred to here where the possession goes to the bone. I think they are more numerous than stated because if they are that observable and you end up seeing stuff you will never forget all the time, and you see it all over....? I'm seeing it all the time. I know other people who have seen it like its expressed through some central evil hive mind. In politics especially. In droves. It's not a like a day can go by that I don't see it. And those eyes. Either empty, soulless or too active like their very eyeballs are possessed and the orbs are resisting the invasion. I've read the Type B people have those eyes where the whites are always showing.

I have squads of family members who exhibit this illness. They end up getting treated for addiction but nothing else and the addiction treatment always fails. Fortunately most live far away. They are not ordinary addicts, all them are somehow wealthy, with all the accoutrements of wealth.

Recently a couple of them moved closer, and I got a close hand look that everyone you thought you know about them was a projection of a self-image, how they see themselves. The reality was way different. Two of them married to each other makes for an interesting dynamic as they prop up each other's lack of accountability and denial. Weirdly both of them have this trait of destroying other people's belongings or trying to either take credit for their success or otherwise just hating on others because they have something that can't be taken. Like accomplishment or intellectual property. She's always trying to get you to do something she can take credit for. Even impossible shit. Make a documentary or write a best selling book and put her name on it. Why? WTF? Who asks for stuff like that?

She is barely present. She craves constant attention and validation that she is Queen Bee but she's barely there most of the time, like she's lost in a daydream. So really that makes it difficult to pay any attention to her. And she doesn't want attention, she wants flattery. Until the rage demon comes out. Then she's very present. That look in her eye and the capacity she has for evil, from killing animals to nearly killing her own offspring. Unimaginable. Way different than people who just shine for attention, she's a feeder. Lots of paranormal activity in their house and not the interesting kind. More like what might be portrayed in a horror movie. They don't think it's the least bit unusual.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (16th February 2023), Wind (17th February 2023)