Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beast of Gévaudan

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feh8Eqh4nWU

When I put this 'theme' on my work desktop people immediately got the impression that I was weird ... I was asked about it.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (17th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I've seen that movie ─ twice, I think. It's very good, although the beast is not at the center of the story. In the movie, the beast is also never seen in its natural form, because it has been fitted with a kind of harness with metal spikes, and it is explained at the end of the movie that it was an animal ─ the last of its kind, although it is never stated what animal it must have been ─ that was imported from Africa and tortured to such a degree that it became insane and murderous.

As shown on screen in the movie, the silhouette of the beast resembles that of a hyena, but it's much bigger than that ─ about the size of a lion.
    I was convinced by people that I loaned the movie or I read it somewhere that it was a Lion ... But that really wasn't my conclusion. I felt that it was a 'supernatural' creature. Something just ab normal.
    Well, when I first saw "the beast", I too thought that it could have been a lion, but then figured it must have been something else, and indeed, there was something "not normal" about its appearance.

In reality of course ─ and by this I mean "for the shooting of the film" ─ there was no animal at all playing the role of "the beast". The narration at the end speaks of an unnamed animal ─ the last of its kind ─ from Africa, and given the behavior of "the beast" on screen, all of it must have been done by way of animatronics and puppeteers.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (17th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (17th May 2021)

Thanks
    Dire wolf? They went extinct about 13,000 years ago.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (17th May 2021)

Thanks
    What's weird about this ... One of the guys that remarked on its weirdness was a guy that said those very words when i mentioned a book where a twin had an embedded twin in her and liked to have sex with another sister. (Dean Koontz) Not coincidentally the same guy that keeps asking me to have sex with his wife. A hella nice guy though... really.

I think this is it, my memory is not what it used to be, I remembered a number of graves in the scene and it was green and foggy. At least that's the way I remember it ...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (18th May 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    The largest wild animals I've ever met were humans, but I've already come across a couple of tame ones too.
    Lmao, but yeah, totally

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Wow, Malisa. I've heard some interesting dog stories but never one like that. That was truly a unique canine.

Growing up we always used the gender pronoun with dogs. But my friend Kelly would refer to her dogs as 'it'. And she spoiled them rotten. They'd beg and beg and she'd give them treats and they were so fat!

The largest wild animals I've been close to near my home would be coyotes. A couple of my brother-in-laws see bears by their homes.

I've known folks from rural parts of the south where there are packs of feral dogs. That is something I would not want to run into.
    I truly believe "we" as in my family created that monster, it had our own ways as his own. He simply did not know better than to imitate his family or pack. And i do believe that the monster in the op may have actually gone through the same at some point, then deviating to a wilder animal once he was alone and surviving on instinct alone

Mix human behavior, with human wild hunting instincts, and with feral nature and anima survival instincts out of control without the human enforcing some kind of restrictions, and what do you get? That's what i think happened
    Last edited by Malisa, 18th May 2021 at 07:27.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Wind (18th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    As they say, there are really no bad dogs. There is only bad training and people are responsible for that.

Also it is said that often dogs can look like their owners, but I don't know if there's any truth to that.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    As they say, there are really no bad dogs. There is only bad training and people are responsible for that.

Also it is said that often dogs can look like their owners, but I don't know if there's any truth to that.
    I believe you are very correct in both

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Wind (14th August 2021)

Thanks
    You do not believe that dogs ─ or for that matter, any other kind of animal ─ could have a brain wired for psychopathy, just as in humans?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (18th May 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    You do not believe that dogs ─ or for that matter, any other kind of animal ─ could have a brain wired for psychopathy, just as in humans?
    If i may, i would like to say this

It is possible i guess, that animals could have some issues like that

But i also firmly believe, that if they pick up most of the human behavior, like violence, anger among other things, they can become human like in the same way, just like kids do when their parents are dangerous raging monsters

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Wind (18th May 2021)

Thanks
    No, I don't. It all has to do with consciousness and animal consciousness is not capable of that.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Malisa View Post
    If i may, i would like to say this

It is possible i guess, that animals could have some issues like that

But i also firmly believe, that if they pick up most of the human behavior, like violence, anger among other things, they can become human like in the same way, just like kids do when their parents are dangerous raging monsters
    Of course. There is a difference between a psychopath and a sociopath. A psychopath is born that way, while a sociopath may have an innate tendency toward antisocial behavior, but is mostly created by his or her environment.

I grew up with both kinds of people. Sociopaths can eventually come to feel remorse over their actions ─ especially with proper counseling ─ but psychopaths are cold-blooded and incapable of remorse, compassion or empathy. And it is my belief that both types of antisocial beings can exist among animals and humans alike. After all, humans, too, are animals.

No, I don't. It all has to do with consciousness and animal consciousness is not capable of that.
    Um, no, Brother. Psychopathy is a different neurological wiring. A psychopath's brain doesn't have the structures required for ethics, compassion, remorse, love or empathy.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (18th May 2021)

Thanks
    Um, no, Brother. Psychopathy is a different neurological wiring. A psychopath's brain doesn't have the structures required for ethics, compassion, remorse, love or empathy.
    Maybe I should explain myself more then, but that would be quite a wide topic though about good and evil.

What you are describing is the physical condition of a brain for the individual consciousness or soul which inhabits that brain. A soul that is in service to self or should I say is "evil", is going to be born as a psychopath. Also probably for karmic reasons also sociopaths are being "made", nothing happens without reason. There are good and bad people on this planet and everything in between, there is nature and nurture. These neurological conditions just explain the manifestations of the spirit of the physical level. For example, I can't say that every person with something like Asperger's would be a starseed or an indigo child, but on the soul level there is still something different going on and it manifests that way on the physical. Humans just tend to give a label to everything in order to make sense of it, mental illness, personality disorders... Sickness. You name it.

There would always have to be investigation into each case to know how it actually is. However, with some conditions you can know what is it about like with Cluster B personality disorders. Those people are demonically influenced people with no sense or self, or they rather have a false self and they're probably demons themselves too in human form and I say none of that lightly. People don't want to believe such things as it makes life more complicated, to know that there is deeper meaning to all of this. Some people don't believe that there are actually angels here on human form and... Yet there are. This might be quite off-topic though.
    Last edited by Wind, 18th May 2021 at 09:34.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Maybe I should explain myself more then, but that would be quite a wide topic though about good and evil.

What you are describing is the physical condition of a brain for the individual consciousness or soul which inhabits that brain. A soul that is in service to self or should I say is "evil", is going to be born as a psychopath. Also probably for karmic reasons also sociopaths are being "made", nothing happens without reason. There are good and bad people on this planet and everything in between, there is nature and nurture. These neurological conditions just explain the manifestations of the spirit of the physical level. For example, I can't say that every person with something like Asperger's would be a starseed or an indigo child, but on the soul level there is still something different going on and it manifests that way on the physical. Humans just tend to give a label to everything in order to make sense of it, mental illness, personality disorders... Sickness. You name it.

There would always have to be investagation into each case to know how it actually is. However, with some conditions you can know what is it about like with Cluster B personality disorders. Those people are demonically influenced people with no sense or self, or they rather have a false self they're probably demons themselves too in human form and I say none of that lightly. Some people don't believe that there are actually angels here on human form and... Yet there are. This might be quite off-topic though.
    Well, then the question is... Is the brain an expression of the soul, or is the soul the product of the animation of organic matter by pure consciousness?

By the latter, I am referring to the theory that all mortal life would start out with a blank slate soul, and that the soul as the identity of any given individual would be the (potentially persistent) product of the merger between (an individuated amount of) pure consciousness with a physical body. The opposite ─ which is your approach, and which is something that at this point I am not so certain of anymore ─ is that the soul already has an identity from before it enters the body.

Both are only theories, and both are viable. But I doubt we'll ever know for as long as we're mortal.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    By the latter, I am referring to the theory that all mortal life would start out with a blank slate soul, and that the soul as the identity of any given individual would be the (potentially persistent) product of the merger between (an individuated amount of) pure consciousness with a physical body. The opposite ─ which is your approach, and which is something that at this point I am not so certain of anymore ─ is that the soul already has an identity from before it enters the body.

Both are only theories, and both are viable. But I doubt we'll ever know for as long as we're mortal.
    The question who are you can get deep for sure. Are you your body, your personality? No, they're just like clothes for your soul and that's what you really are. Your personality is molded by the experiences of the current life and by the physical conditions that you might have, or course your true self also can shine through all of that and often it does. The soul records all the experiences it has had and that way it evolves and grows. All souls have been blank once, but there can be billions of years (not that time would really matter) of development between some souls. Hence young or old souls. Although a soul can gain a lot of wisdom even in just a short period of time although usually it's not the case.

Morality, ethics... They don't just come out of nowhere and they're not human concepts. There is absolute good and there's absolute evil too. The Creator to my belief and experience represents absolute good and Love. Most people don't really even understand what real love means, we have just a diminished idea about it. Now imagine a being incapable of feeling love, what is that?
    Last edited by Wind, 18th May 2021 at 10:16.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I feel like there is consciousness outside of being human, or another creature. I think that we do choose our lives and the challenges which come along with it. I think that our souls enter our bodies at birth.

I think the identity of our souls is larger than any individual lifetime.

The experience is the purpose. We cannot understand this existence without being part of it. Physical experience would be vastly, mind-bogglingly different from spiritual experience.

The trials of life can be awful. Why choose such things?

I think it's simply to understand.

Along the lines of what Wind has said. We are all God/the universe understanding and experiencing itself. We are all the story.

The Beast is part of the mystery which still abounds, even here in the physical.

And maybe also a manifestation of what we do, much like Malisa's dog.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2021), Elen (20th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2021), Malisa (18th May 2021), Wind (18th May 2021)