Thread: True History as Alternative History?

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts

True History as Alternative History?

I saw this documentary years ago. It is fascinating in my estimation.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvO_RLnx2oM

This is where my sister-in-law grew up. I been huntin' in the Lincoln forest. A few miles away is the ufo crash scene of 1947 very close to where her father grew up. New Mexico is a fascinating place.

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th April 2021), Wind (9th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Now that I think about it, when I was a student I worked for a guy whose home base was Roswell. I traveled one early morning to his home office and had a 'weird' UFO experience. When we gathered up at his office I told them about the 'silver ballon air show' scheduled that day and they looked at me as if I was from another planet. Anyway, later that night we had a party at his house with the other regional managers, who coincidentally were both named 'Bob'. As we got progressively sloshed, the two Bobs literally started bobbing to the music. They looked at me and said, "C'mon Chuck?!" And I looked back and 'said, Not likely'. They were disappointed when I told them I had to leave for home in Clovis to finish an art project (site of Clovis man that at one time represented the oldest known indigenous Native American civilization). They thought I was weird, "Do you really like art?". "No, I got conned into taking a 'rounding out' class. I was a pathetic artist, as I tended to see things backward.

As a side note, my art partner was the former Miss New Mexico from the year prior. We were hanging out in the library one evening during a break and I just mentioned a movie that I thought would be pretty good and I actually think she thought I was asking her out on a date. She responded that she hadn't seen the movie with a sly smile on her face. Trust me, she was totally out of my class. I did actually dated her sister eventually, which pretty much sucked.

Missy New Mexico eventually became a news anchor on a local Houston TV station and covered the 30th-anniversary picnic celebration of the moon landing when I was working at the Johnson Space Center. Buzz Aldrin was one of the featured speakers. You see, connections are inescapable.

I loved living there, New Mexico has an intensely rich history and culture.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th April 2021), Elen (11th April 2021), Wind (9th April 2021)