Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Files: Updates

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2021), Dreamtimer (21st February 2021), Elen (22nd February 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2021), Kathy (22nd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The U.S. Department has approved the sales ... not Biden ... yet. We'll see. These deals began under the Trump Administration.

Going for the throat, Aragorn ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2021), Aragorn (21st February 2021), Dreamtimer (21st February 2021), Elen (22nd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    The U.S. Department has approved the sales ... not Biden ... yet. We'll see. These deals began under the Trump Administration.

Going for the throat, Aragorn ...
    Biden isn't the issue. We all know he's only a puppet for the same warmongering factions that have been running the US empire all along. Abby is indicting that whole empire, not just Biden.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2021), Elen (22nd February 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2021), Fred Steeves (22nd February 2021), Kathy (22nd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Fair enough, but he still has a chance to change the direction, if he doesn't ... bad, very bad, if he does good, very good. It is possible that the issues in the Americas is not a primary concern for him given the sad state of domestic issues. If the sales hit a nerve he would do something about it. We need a little time to see how it plays out. I don't know much about recent South American political situations other than what I've learned about my neighbor's feelings. The greatest fear is the communists. Left/Right doesn't matter so much to them. It's the communists they fear over and beyond that 'communists' are inherently authoritarian, perhaps less so than the fascists. It doesn't matter to them.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2021), Aragorn (21st February 2021), Dreamtimer (21st February 2021), Elen (22nd February 2021), Kathy (22nd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (21st February 2021)

Thanks

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2021), Elen (23rd February 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (22nd February 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    "I'm gonna guess it's not the Palestinian half," may have been the better choice.

Here come the mountainous molehills.

I don't know how people will get out of this moral and human morass in Isreal.

I can't imagine the depth of the bad karma being built up by Isreal. And I hate to see what the final culmination will be.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 23rd February 2021 at 11:39.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Aragorn (23rd February 2021), Elen (23rd February 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (24th February 2021)

Thanks
    It's sad DT. The Israelis once upon a time had many in sympathy with them. I myself included, but now the authoritarians rule, and once again they have f*cked up any chance for a positive move forward in social consciousness and global peace.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Aragorn (23rd February 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2021), Elen (23rd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (24th February 2021)

Thanks
    Abby is sincere but maybe a little over her head in terms of analysis of conditions. She shows some contradictions in her condemnations. But I've concluded that she has the best interests of the world in mind. Perhaps she does this gig knowing that her presentation is not completely accurate but instead works for emotional appeal. I'll give her a break until she really steps over the line.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Aragorn (23rd February 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2021), Elen (23rd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (24th February 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Abby does good work overall. The fact that she's reporting on so much that others aren't is important. She doesn't have the final word, of course. And she provides content which is a great starting point to a path of knowing and understanding more.

She's not leading you down a garden path, out of the way of the real action.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Aragorn (23rd February 2021), Elen (23rd February 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (24th February 2021)

Thanks

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Dreamtimer (4th March 2021), Elen (4th March 2021), Fred Steeves (4th March 2021), Octopus Garden (4th March 2021), Wind (4th March 2021)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    ***k Biden on this issue. A terrible way to start his time in office and a just super great way for the Dems to lose the election to repugs next time round. Because....believe it or not. A lot of Trump's base are traditional tea partiers who are anti-war. Of course, they get so much of it wrong, but nevertheless, their sympathies, in that respect, are in the right place. The Dems will lose their progressive wing too.

Nice move, Cadaverous old man!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Aragorn (4th March 2021), Dreamtimer (4th March 2021), Fred Steeves (4th March 2021), Wind (4th March 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    ***k Biden on this issue. A terrible way to start his time in office and a just super great way for the Dems to lose the election to repugs next time round. Because....believe it or not. A lot of Trump's base are traditional tea partiers who are anti-war. Of course, they get so much of it wrong, but nevertheless, their sympathies, in that respect, are in the right place. The Dems will lose their progressive wing too.

Nice move, Cadaverous old man!
    I hate repeating myself, but I've already said it when the Democrats chose the Biden-Harris tandem as their respective candidates for president and vice-president instead of someone more progressive like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Tulsi Gabbard, Bernie Sanders or Marianne Williamson; the USA has had to deal with four years of an utterly incompetent, capricious, irresponsible and outright-lying clone of Benito Mussolini who brought the country on the brink of a civil war with his lies and idiocy ─ not that I'm acquitting the LARP'ing idiots of Qanon in this; quite the contrary, actually ─ and yet they haven't learned a single goddamn thing from that whole sorry experience.

If these last four years should have taught the Democrats anything at all, then it's that by 2016 there was a significantly large enough contingent of the US population who were sufficiently fed up with the imperialist warmongering to vote one of the greatest buffoons to ever walk the face of the Earth into becoming president for at least four and possibly eight years. And yet the Democrites ─ rhymes with "hypocrites" ─ think they can just sweep the past four years under the rug and carry on with the bipartisan imperialist agenda that Obama, and before him, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon and Johnson had been executing.

Seriously, the only way to escape this perpetually swinging pendulum between the Democrites and the Repulsicans is to allow truly independent candidates to run for office. And right now, that is still illegal in many of the US states ─ as is voting for such a candidate, for that matter. Both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are beholden to their corporate sponsors, of which many are corporations from within the military-industrial complex. How can anyone ever expect that they would be supporting peace?

But of course, the story runs deeper than that. America has to behave like an empire, because if they don't, then some other big wig could be taking their place on the global stage ─ someone like the Chinese, whose economical power is growing stronger and stronger every day, or the Russians, who in spite of the fall of the Soviet Union still possess an impressive arsenal of nuclear, chemical and (most likely) biological weaponry. And then there are North Korea and Iran, both of which are reaching the capacity to construct nuclear weapons as well ─ North Korea claims to already possess nuclear weapons, but that may just be grandstanding on account of their Fearless Leader™.

Uncle Sam can't have that, you see. The end of the US's global dominance would usher in the end of the petrodollar, and with it, the end of the western corporate hegemony, and possibly even of capitalism itself. A schoolyard bully is a sore loser without any of his friends standing by his side. That's why the USA has to have NATO and loads of military bases all over the goddamn planet, and why it constantly has to invade sovereign nations under false pretenses or subvert their democratically elected governments, replace them with a socket puppet and plant new regional headquarters for the US transnational corporations in their new colonies.

It's disgusting.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Dreamtimer (4th March 2021), Fred Steeves (4th March 2021), Wind (4th March 2021)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    I was hoping like heck that the Dems no matter who they installed to run for office, would have had the scare of their lives with Trump and would do everything in their power to prevent his return, or something even nastier, in 4 years. So yes...this surprises me. I understand all of the dynamics in play here...but still...I thought the connivers would 'connive' a little better! It's just such an appalling display of exactly who they are.

Sorry NAP. They are better on domestic issues, to a point, but foreign policy not at all.....possibly worse, in some respects.

They get points for lifting sanctions on Venezuela, if they do manage to pull that off.

And yes, the karma involved. OMG. Wiping out the indigenous population, slavery wasn't enough. The US. has to intimidate and destroy any country that actually wants to become a democracy, "in the name of democracy."

Sick, sick, sick.
    Last edited by Octopus Garden, 4th March 2021 at 05:59.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2021), Aragorn (4th March 2021), Dreamtimer (4th March 2021), Emil El Zapato (4th March 2021), Fred Steeves (4th March 2021), Wind (4th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Much USAian falling atm, shattering even, called change and was never going to stop even with Trump now waiting watching and toldyousoing but out of the present goings on as such, Biden is and was demented and a proven @#$% puke so the beauty of this all is we get to see underbelly and factions within USA will just say nope n no, Texas just did this n much more coming, common sense will be a preveiling topic, very prevailing.

Ps oh and Abbey will get wiser and stronger and common sensier.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th March 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Silly, 'Major retaliation' it was not. It was a tit-for-tat against the opposing forces. She is missing the reality that the bad guys are killing people too. It is measured not fraught with danger. Biden stated in no uncertain terms that his intent is diplomacy, not war. This is also called striving for balance in a world that doesn't care to have it. He is signaling a return to normalcy that could only be called 'normal' in a seriously deranged global society. And there we have it, the rest of the story brought to you from Paul Harvey ... No, not really.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th March 2021)