Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82

Thread: Empire Files: Updates

  1. #61
    Retired Member United States
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    14,610
    Thanks
    70,673
    Thanked 62,023 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Croly Hap! If it weren't for her voice, I might not recognize her. Wow. She's still doing what she does, that doesn't seem to have changed. But her physical change is kind of jarring. I may do better to just listen. (which is my wont most times anyway).

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  3. #62
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,420
    Thanks
    88,989
    Thanked 81,406 Times in 20,436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Croly Hap! If it weren't for her voice, I might not recognize her.
    Same thing here; I had a hard time recognizing her.

    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Wow. She's still doing what she does, that doesn't seem to have changed. But her physical change is kind of jarring.
    Well, I for one am not complaining. I think she's looking even prettier now than she did before. She's aging well.

    As for continuing with what she does, yeah, that's Abby in a nutshell. She's very passionate, and she's got integrity. She practices what she preaches, unlike the bought-and-paid-for puppets in either Congress or the White House.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Dreamtimer (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  5. #63
    Senior Member Fred Steeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st May 2016
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,712
    Thanks
    5,036
    Thanked 12,175 Times in 2,682 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, I for one am not complaining. I think she's looking even prettier now than she did before. She's aging well.

    As for continuing with what she does, yeah, that's Abby in a nutshell. She's very passionate, and she's got integrity. She practices what she preaches, unlike the bought-and-paid-for puppets in either Congress or the White House.
    On the lighter side, I think Abby is still hot no matter the hair style or color; however, I liked her better as a naturally straight haired brunette.

    On the meatier (is that a word?), I share her utter disgust and contempt of rank hypocrisy the likes of Anthony Blinken's crocodile tears over a slain journalist. That shit just really irks me... But rank hypocrisy is unfortunately one of the prerequisites to being a U.S. Secretary of State.

    I appreciated her story of a (true) journalist having his way in dressing down Secretary General of the OAS Luis Almagro for 4 minutes, and utterly flustering him.

    And Abby challenging Blinken to his face made my morning. That's what you call speaking truth to power!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

    Socrates

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  7. #64
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,420
    Thanks
    88,989
    Thanked 81,406 Times in 20,436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    On the lighter side, I think Abby is still hot no matter the hair style or color; however, I liked her better as a naturally straight haired brunette.
    Well, I certainly liked her as a brunette, and I like her the way she looks now. But then again, I have a thing for blondes.

    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    On the meatier (is that a word?)
    Yes, it is.

    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I share her utter disgust and contempt of rank hypocrisy the likes of Anthony Blinken's crocodile tears over a slain journalist. That shit just really irks me... But rank hypocrisy is unfortunately one of the prerequisites to being a U.S. Secretary of State.
    The crux of the matter here is not just that Shareen was shot dead — which is bad enough already, because it was the deliberate assassination of a neutral journalist — but that Israel is virtually unassailable when it comes to the USA. Israel can get away with everything, including genocide, apartheid, ethnic purification, the assassination of journalists and the incarceration of children.

    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I appreciated her story of a (true) journalist having his way in dressing down Secretary General of the OAS Luis Almagro for 4 minutes, and utterly flustering him.

    And Abby challenging Blinken to his face made my morning. That's what you call speaking truth to power!
    Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago. Mike is an Iraq veteran, and he asked Bush to his face why his administration lied about the alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — Mike's buddy got killed in Iraq over that lie. However, in Mike's case, it didn't take him very long before they threw him out on the street. That's why Abby was fearing they'd do the same to her.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  9. #65
    Senior Member Fred Steeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st May 2016
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,712
    Thanks
    5,036
    Thanked 12,175 Times in 2,682 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago. Mike is an Iraq veteran, and he asked Bush to his face why his administration lied about the alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — Mike's buddy got killed in Iraq over that lie. However, in Mike's case, it didn't take him very long before they threw him out on the street. That's why Abby was fearing they'd do the same to her.
    I remember him doing that, it was spectacular. Maybe it stuck in Bush's psyche as we've all recently witnessed:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

    Socrates

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  11. #66
    (account terminated)
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    12,278
    Thanks
    36,859
    Thanked 43,274 Times in 11,991 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Vern is going to love this one. Not only is she blonde, but she's got curls too now.


    Because the fool's gold was President.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  13. #67
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,420
    Thanks
    88,989
    Thanked 81,406 Times in 20,436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Because the fool's gold was President.
    It doesn't matter who the resident of the White House was at that point in time, nor what party he's a member of. The USA will never condemn the state of Israel on any of its heinous actions. Repeat after me: never.





    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago. Mike is an Iraq veteran, and he asked Bush to his face why his administration lied about the alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — Mike's buddy got killed in Iraq over that lie. However, in Mike's case, it didn't take him very long before they threw him out on the street. That's why Abby was fearing they'd do the same to her.
    I remember him doing that, it was spectacular.
    I've managed to dig up the video of Mike Prysner confronting George W. Bush, so here it is.


    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  15. #68
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    12,595
    Thanks
    45,869
    Thanked 35,483 Times in 10,182 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Vern is going to love this one. Not only is she blonde, but she's got curls too now.


    Twin ???.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  17. #69
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,420
    Thanks
    88,989
    Thanked 81,406 Times in 20,436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Vern is going to love this one. Not only is she blonde, but she's got curls too now.
    Twin ???.
    No Vern, it's just Abby. Besides, she doesn't have any sisters — she only has a brother.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (10th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  19. #70
    (account terminated)
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    12,278
    Thanks
    36,859
    Thanked 43,274 Times in 11,991 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I remember him doing that, it was spectacular. Maybe it stuck in Bush's psyche as we've all recently witnessed:
    You do realize at the time of that not really funny Junior type gaffe, that he had been made aware that a kill contract had been initiated on him due to his involvement in Iraq?

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (10th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  21. #71
    Senior Member Fred Steeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st May 2016
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,712
    Thanks
    5,036
    Thanked 12,175 Times in 2,682 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I've managed to dig up the video of Mike Prysner confronting George W. Bush, so here it is.



    It takes some cojones to lay it all on the line like that in confronting powerful people in these public settings, I've got a world of respect for them.

    Luke Rudkowski of "We Are Change" shows us some interesting inside baseball in what it sometimes takes to gain access to a given individual in this 9 minute video, where his main target was war criminal Henry Kissinger, but there were others present he would have liked to have a go at as well. (You can come along for the ride on this one Chuckie, Kissinger is a republican )

    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUB1GerChs


    And here's the short clip of Luke actually asking Mr. Kissinger some rather, shall we say pointed questions...

    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwemPNZLEOU




    This is the previous time he hunted Kissinger down, this time at the Council on Foreign Relations:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

    Socrates

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (10th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

  23. #72
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    12,595
    Thanks
    45,869
    Thanked 35,483 Times in 10,182 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    No Vern, it's just Abby. Besides, she doesn't have any sisters — she only has a brother.
    Omg how many trans in our world nowadays ?.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (10th June 2022)

  25. #73
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,420
    Thanks
    88,989
    Thanked 81,406 Times in 20,436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Omg how many trans in our world nowadays ?.
    Um, I don't know where your mind is — and I don't think I want to know — but that was most definitely Abby Martin in that video, with curls in her now dyed-blonde hair, and with different makeup to go with her new look.

    And as far as I know, her brother Robby Martin is pretty straight. He doesn't even look anything like her. He's also politically active, but he's primarily a musician, and she interviewed him over Skype once on account of something ado with politics, on her "Breaking the Set" show back when she was still working for RT.

    Oh, and by the way...

    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago.
    It's "husband". Abby and Mike are married, and they currently have one child together.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (10th June 2022), Wind (10th June 2022)

  27. #74
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    12,595
    Thanks
    45,869
    Thanked 35,483 Times in 10,182 Posts
    One child may be enough to start the hair change imo.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (10th June 2022), Wind (10th June 2022)

  29. #75
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    20,420
    Thanks
    88,989
    Thanked 81,406 Times in 20,436 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    One child may be enough to start the hair change imo.
    You could be right about that, but I think aging could also be part of it. Abby was only 29 when she had her gig at RT, but she's pushing 38 already by now. Women are very self-conscious about such things.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Wind (10th June 2022)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •