Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Empire Files: Updates

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Croly Hap! If it weren't for her voice, I might not recognize her. Wow. She's still doing what she does, that doesn't seem to have changed. But her physical change is kind of jarring. I may do better to just listen. (which is my wont most times anyway).

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Croly Hap! If it weren't for her voice, I might not recognize her.
    Same thing here; I had a hard time recognizing her.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Wow. She's still doing what she does, that doesn't seem to have changed. But her physical change is kind of jarring.
    Well, I for one am not complaining. I think she's looking even prettier now than she did before. She's aging well.

As for continuing with what she does, yeah, that's Abby in a nutshell. She's very passionate, and she's got integrity. She practices what she preaches, unlike the bought-and-paid-for puppets in either Congress or the White House.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Dreamtimer (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, I for one am not complaining. I think she's looking even prettier now than she did before. She's aging well.

As for continuing with what she does, yeah, that's Abby in a nutshell. She's very passionate, and she's got integrity. She practices what she preaches, unlike the bought-and-paid-for puppets in either Congress or the White House.
    On the lighter side, I think Abby is still hot no matter the hair style or color; however, I liked her better as a naturally straight haired brunette.

On the meatier (is that a word?), I share her utter disgust and contempt of rank hypocrisy the likes of Anthony Blinken's crocodile tears over a slain journalist. That shit just really irks me... But rank hypocrisy is unfortunately one of the prerequisites to being a U.S. Secretary of State.

I appreciated her story of a (true) journalist having his way in dressing down Secretary General of the OAS Luis Almagro for 4 minutes, and utterly flustering him.

And Abby challenging Blinken to his face made my morning. That's what you call speaking truth to power!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    On the lighter side, I think Abby is still hot no matter the hair style or color; however, I liked her better as a naturally straight haired brunette.
    Well, I certainly liked her as a brunette, and I like her the way she looks now. But then again, I have a thing for blondes.

On the meatier (is that a word?)
    Yes, it is.

I share her utter disgust and contempt of rank hypocrisy the likes of Anthony Blinken's crocodile tears over a slain journalist. That shit just really irks me... But rank hypocrisy is unfortunately one of the prerequisites to being a U.S. Secretary of State.
    The crux of the matter here is not just that Shareen was shot dead — which is bad enough already, because it was the deliberate assassination of a neutral journalist — but that Israel is virtually unassailable when it comes to the USA. Israel can get away with everything, including genocide, apartheid, ethnic purification, the assassination of journalists and the incarceration of children.

I appreciated her story of a (true) journalist having his way in dressing down Secretary General of the OAS Luis Almagro for 4 minutes, and utterly flustering him.

And Abby challenging Blinken to his face made my morning. That's what you call speaking truth to power!
    Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago. Mike is an Iraq veteran, and he asked Bush to his face why his administration lied about the alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — Mike's buddy got killed in Iraq over that lie. However, in Mike's case, it didn't take him very long before they threw him out on the street. That's why Abby was fearing they'd do the same to her.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago. Mike is an Iraq veteran, and he asked Bush to his face why his administration lied about the alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — Mike's buddy got killed in Iraq over that lie. However, in Mike's case, it didn't take him very long before they threw him out on the street. That's why Abby was fearing they'd do the same to her.
    I remember him doing that, it was spectacular. Maybe it stuck in Bush's psyche as we've all recently witnessed:

Socrates

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Vern is going to love this one. Not only is she blonde, but she's got curls too now.

Because the fool's gold was President.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Because the fool's gold was President.
    It doesn't matter who the resident of the White House was at that point in time, nor what party he's a member of. The USA will never condemn the state of Israel on any of its heinous actions. Repeat after me: never.

I remember him doing that, it was spectacular.
    I've managed to dig up the video of Mike Prysner confronting George W. Bush, so here it is.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Fred Steeves (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Vern is going to love this one. Not only is she blonde, but she's got curls too now.

Twin ???.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Twin ???.
    No Vern, it's just Abby. Besides, she doesn't have any sisters — she only has a brother.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I remember him doing that, it was spectacular. Maybe it stuck in Bush's psyche as we've all recently witnessed:
    You do realize at the time of that not really funny Junior type gaffe, that he had been made aware that a kill contract had been initiated on him due to his involvement in Iraq?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    I've managed to dig up the video of Mike Prysner confronting George W. Bush, so here it is.

It takes some cojones to lay it all on the line like that in confronting powerful people in these public settings, I've got a world of respect for them.

Luke Rudkowski of "We Are Change" shows us some interesting inside baseball in what it sometimes takes to gain access to a given individual in this 9 minute video, where his main target was war criminal Henry Kissinger, but there were others present he would have liked to have a go at as well. (You can come along for the ride on this one Chuckie, Kissinger is a republican )

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUB1GerChs

And here's the short clip of Luke actually asking Mr. Kissinger some rather, shall we say pointed questions...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwemPNZLEOU

This is the previous time he hunted Kissinger down, this time at the Council on Foreign Relations:

Socrates

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2022), Aragorn (9th June 2022), Wind (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    No Vern, it's just Abby. Besides, she doesn't have any sisters — she only has a brother.
    Omg how many trans in our world nowadays ?.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2022)

Thanks
    Omg how many trans in our world nowadays ?.
    Um, I don't know where your mind is — and I don't think I want to know — but that was most definitely Abby Martin in that video, with curls in her now dyed-blonde hair, and with different makeup to go with her new look.

And as far as I know, her brother Robby Martin is pretty straight. He doesn't even look anything like her. He's also politically active, but he's primarily a musician, and she interviewed him over Skype once on account of something ado with politics, on her "Breaking the Set" show back when she was still working for RT.

Oh, and by the way...

Her husband/boyfriend — I'm not certain on whether they're married or not — Mike Prysner did the same thing to George W. Bush a few months ago.
    It's "husband". Abby and Mike are married, and they currently have one child together.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2022), Wind (10th June 2022)

Thanks
    One child may be enough to start the hair change imo.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2022), Wind (10th June 2022)

Thanks
    One child may be enough to start the hair change imo.
    You could be right about that, but I think aging could also be part of it. Abby was only 29 when she had her gig at RT, but she's pushing 38 already by now. Women are very self-conscious about such things.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Wind (10th June 2022)