Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout Following Attempted Coup in US

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    "There are some incredibly smart people involved with Antifa. Some of them issue calls to stand down when a bad scene is likely to occur, and they are taken seriously.
    The fact that Antifa did not show up on 06 January was one of those: the call went out to avoid DC, and people listened."

This reminds me of media tale that I heard about a would-be 'recruit' to Antifa. He was encouraged to attend a demonstration and then the 'recruiter' bailed and never showed up 'because of the potential for violence'. The would-be recruit to steal a phrase had, "A history of violence". The wannabe was discouraged by the episode and sought treatment for his issues and now seems to be on the way to reformation.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th September 2021), Dreamtimer (14th September 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    This is part of the fallout because the attempted coup was about overturning an election. These bogus audits are about overturning and undermining elections.

"The AZ Supreme Court won't hear [Arizona Senate President Karen Fann's] appeal of the Court of Appeals' ruling that audit documents possessed by Senate subcontractors are public records. The Senate will have to turn over communications, invoices and other audit-related records," Jeremy Duda of the Arizona Mirror reported Tuesday.

Duda noted the records would include who is getting paid, "contracts or agreements the audit team has with outside funders" and communication among subcontractors.
    Jim Small, the editor in chief of the Arizona Mirror, offered his analysis on Twitter.

"Arizona law does not allow public servants to outsource democracy and shroud their conduct in secrecy," said Austin Evers, the group's executive director. "The Arizona Senate's legal maneuvering to conceal these records from the public matches the outrageousness of their so-called audit. That ends today. Arizonans can look forward to much-needed transparency, even if it may reveal gross attacks on democracy itself."
    from Raw Story

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (15th September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    This is part of the fallout because the attempted coup was about overturning an election. These bogus audits are about overturning and undermining elections.

from Raw Story
    It has been a manifest reality that the right were borderline kookooboos always. They've passed over the line. They truly are trying to deal with the knowledge of their own demise and aren't handling it very well. Watch that video I posted on the Science thread and you will see what the intelligentsia refer to as ... Homo Ludditus, a subspecies of near future hominins destined for oblivion. Kind of sad in a way.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th September 2021), Dreamtimer (15th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

from Raw Story
    Really do hope, for the rest of world, that ID and honest elections for all, everyone, comes about, looking at Biden and co's record so far is concerning, though only my opinion, i believe that Trump n co likely cheated or stole or somewhat 2016 and Biden same 2020.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (16th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (16th September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Really do hope, for the rest of world, that ID and honest elections for all, everyone, comes about, looking at Biden and co's record so far is concerning, though only my opinion, i believe that Trump n co likely cheated or stole or somewhat 2016 and Biden same 2020.
    You're halfway there Aianawa. Jolly good show!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (16th September 2021)

Thanks
    IDs are being used like poll taxes and worse. In this case they're not helpful for fair elections.

They are quite helpful when you want excuses to 'delegitimize' votes. That's where these policies are headed. They've already used the language of 'legitimate'. The definition will be very, very narrow.

They're also already claiming 'rigged!' before elections even happen. They'll need every excuse in their arsenal to throw away votes. That's what they'll do. And they'll blame the 'other side' which will, unfortunately, be most Americans.

They can't win hearts and minds anymore so they need to restrict or take away a right which is fundamental to our Democratic Republic.

'Voter ID' is a ruse.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (16th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Incredible DT, people should vote incogneato and trust important at same time, mmmmm , did not know humanity had exploded all the way up the consciousness ladder that far.

Thanks
    This is nice and concise. The traitors will pay for their seditious and treasonous acts.

The evidence coming out of the Special Committee on the 06 January insurrection demonstrates that there was a major criminal conspiracy consisting of multiple prongs of attack. The insurrection was only one of many. All were aimed toward unlawfully keeping Trump in office:

- The Raffensperger phone call, prima-facie overt criminal extortion to overturn Georgia’s election results.

- Calling the Michigan legislators to meet at the White House to strategise about overturning Michigan’s election results.

- Seeking to have other states overturn their election results.

- The ‘six-point plan’ memo with multiple means by which Pence could interfere with the EC (Electoral College) vote count as a ‘fait accompli’ before the courts could step in (the latter point is what we call ‘guilty knowledge’ that the plan was unlawful).

- The attempt to replace Jeffrey Rosen as Acting AG, with Jeffrey Clark, a fanatical Trumpist, for the purpose of getting DOJ to interfere with the EC process.

- The last-minute replacement of numerous officials in the defense establishment, with Trump devotees, which strongly indicates that they intended to have ‘military options’.

- Additional pressure brought to bear on Pence to interfere with the EC process per the above memo.

- Direct and proximate incitement of an insurrection that sought to interfere violently with the EC process.

- The insurrection itself, that included numerous violent acts, and violent threats against the lives of sitting members of both houses of Congress.

The number of ‘moving parts’ in all of the above rivals that of a postal sorting machine. This is also why it’s been taking DOJ so long to put the case together: when it comes out, it will shock America to the core.

The technical term for the above is ‘autogolpe,’ or in English, ‘self-coup.’ An attempted coup d’etat (unlawful seizure of state power) by the current office holders to remain in power.

And there is. no. compromising. with. that.

At this point we are well and truly in a ‘lock-in to war’ situation, right. now. We fail to recognise it ‘at our own peril’ which is to say, at the peril of the United States.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (18th October 2021)

Thanks
    This is nice and concise. The traitors will pay for their seditious and treasonous acts.
    Can I say that 5 years ago, I told them so. I stated that the psychopath's road to 'self-actualization' only required power. Further, I said if Trump gets elected then just watch and wait. In truth, Trump surpassed my wildest fantasies. I have never been so correct, 100%, but Trump managed a Hegelian Dialectic which in a manner of speaking rendered me incorrect. He hit 150% ... I never predicted that. A toast to me, Freddie.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,302 Times in 7,218 Posts

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Thoughts on this?
    50% of Trump voters in the south want to secede. 80% of Americans 'fear' the other party's policies. Propaganda can do wonders. Mr Kulinski just has to do better research for his stuff if he wants to be a credible journalist FOR ME. I don't countenance, call it appreciate, erroneous information from ANY source.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The traitors will pay for their seditious and treasonous acts.
    That there's Qanon follower type lingo, interesting to see the contagion is now affecting those that bleed blue as well! Just follow up with the traitors being frog marched off to Gitmo, and we have an exact match save for color of uniform. What could possibly go wrong with both sides eyeing the other in this manner?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th October 2021)

Thanks
    It's also language used in the history of the US, which I clearly wish to remain together, united. Because divided we fall. We were given a Republic, if we could keep it.

But hey, Fred, you can read the negative in if you want, as is your wont.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (25th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    It's also language used in the history of the US, which I clearly wish to remain together, united. Because divided we fall. We were given a Republic, if we could keep it.

But hey, Fred, you can read the negative in if you want, as is your wont.
    I see. So you’re all about keeping the republic united, by continually demonizing you’re perceived political opponents. That’s exactly how the flag waving patriots look at their perceived political enemies.

I’m not seeing any wanna be peacemakers in that equation, which means the great divide continues to widen, totally unmitigated. If it’s negativity to point that out then by all means put me in that category.

You and Q followers can sing from the same peaceful songbook then: “Get the traitors!!!”
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2021)

Thanks
    Oleg Deripaska got raided. He was working with criminal Manafort. More and more is coming out.

And of course we still have the slow-rolling coup going on.

I fear Trump will be the catalyst for collapse. We have economic challenges abounding due to the devastating combo of "just-in-time" supply chains as well as environmental and climate pressures beyond anything we've known in the last couple centuries.

This thread and the Collapse thread may well become about the same thing.

It turns out that members of Congress were working with the insurrectionists to plan in advance. And Trump knew.

So much more information is coming out. Articles in the Rolling Stone and more.

But if you want to see who was honing in on all of this first, have a gander at Seth Abramson's twitter thread. He lays it out very well.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (26th October 2021)