Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulsi's Future

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

Tulsi's Future

Okay been broadening my horizons of late and i really have enjoyed and liked Tulsi, before n after previous elections, feel the future and Tulsi have very positive meetings and gifting, Being a democrat hopefully will allow me to share without triggering, this article of recent >https://www.theblaze.com/news/tulsi-...mestic-enemies

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) called on President Biden to reject efforts to expand the government's national security powers

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard issued a dire warning to the American people on Tuesday, expressing concern that "domestic enemies" of the United States, in the national security community and Big Tech industry, are plotting to create a "police state" in America.

Gabbard, who served as the U.S. representative for Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District from 2013 to 2021, posted a video to social media in which she spoke out against efforts to expand the federal government's national security powers after the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. In the video, she called out former CIA Director John Brennan and Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), two leading proponents of expanding national security powers, labeling them "domestic enemies" of the country.

"The mob who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 to try to stop Congress from carrying out its constitutional responsibilities were behaving like domestic enemies of our country," Gabbard said. "But let's be clear, the John Brennans, Adam Schiffs and the oligarchs in Big Tech who are trying to undermine our constitutionally protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style surveillance are also domestic enemies — and much more powerful, and therefore dangerous, than the mob that stormed the Capitol."

The video cuts to a clip from MSNBC of Brennan saying that members of the Biden administration "are now moving in laser-like fashion to try to uncover as much as they can about what looks very similar to insurgency movements that we see overseas." Brennan was speaking of individuals and groups like those that formed the mob that laid siege to the Capitol.

The events of Jan. 6 have been compared in the media to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, a comparison some have used to call for a "Domestic War on Terror," demanding that the U.S. employ strategies here at home akin to those used against ISIS and al-Qaeda abroad. Rep. Schiff in 2019 introduced legislation that would create a federal domestic terrorism criminal statute. A similar bill sponsored by Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) would establish new offices in the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, and the FBI to investigate domestic terrorism in the U.S.

Civil liberties advocates like Gabbard have spoken out against a war on terror here at home. A group of progressive representatives, led by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), last week called on congressional leaders to reject efforts to pass Durbin's Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act and oppose new legislation that would expand the national security state.

Gabbard is calling on President Joe Biden and the Congress to defend American civil liberties.

"President Biden, I call upon you & all of Congress from both parties to denounce efforts by Brennan & others to take away our civil liberties endowed to us by our Creator & guaranteed in our Constitution. If you don't stand up to them now, then our country will be in great peril," she said

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (29th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2021), Gio (28th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), modwiz (28th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Okay been broadening my horizons of late and i really have enjoyed and liked Tulsi, before n after previous elections, feel the future and Tulsi have very positive meetings and gifting, Being a democrat hopefully will allow me to share without triggering, this article of recent >https://www.theblaze.com/news/tulsi-...mestic-enemies

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) called on President Biden to reject efforts to expand the government's national security powers

[...]
    Yes, Tulsi Gabbard is one of those Democrats of the new generation, bringing more progressive ideas into the Democratic Party. She represents a breach with the old guard to which Biden belongs. But sadly enough for her, the DNC had already made up its mind that the next Democratic nominee for the presidential elections was to be Joe Biden, because Biden represents enough of the old Democratic values to keep their corporate sponsors on their hand. Someone like Tulsi, AOC or Marianne didn't have that clout in their eyes, and certainly not Bernie.

Member Fred Steeves strongly supported Tulsi Gabbard, and I reckon he knows her better than I do. Let's hope he pitches in.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (29th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2021), Gio (28th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), Wind (28th January 2021)

Thanks
    An intelligent woman, that's for sure...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (29th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2021), Gio (28th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), Wind (28th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I think Gabbard's future is with the Golden One's Patriot party. I'm feeling confident today, so I'll say you can trust me on this one. She has the personality of a conservative and therefore doesn't really belong in the Democratic party. She lacks empathy and for me that is the only thing that constitutes a true liberal, nothing else matters ... to me. She is more interested in complaining about her 'status' and 'mistreatment' than trying to 'raise all boats'. In short, it's all about her. Her parents don't like her (particularly her father who was/is an influential Democrat in Hawaii) and neither do her constituents once they recognized her true motivations. Attention and power, personally I hope she fades away and begins to follow her true calling...Any endeavor that will realize her goals but it shouldn't be politics because she lacks what it takes to truly see what people need and want, at least for liberals.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Aragorn (28th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (29th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), Tinman (30th January 2021), Wind (28th January 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I think Gabbard's future is with the Golden One's Patriot party. I'm feeling confident today, so I'll say you can trust me on this one. She has the personality of a conservative and therefore doesn't really belong in the Democratic party. She lacks empathy and for me that is the only thing that constitutes a true liberal, nothing else matters ... to me. She is more interested in complaining about her 'status' and 'mistreatment' than trying to 'raise all boats'. In short, it's all about her. Her parents don't like her (particularly her father who was/is an influential Democrat in Hawaii) and neither do her constituents once they recognized her true motivations. Attention and power, personally I hope she fades away and begins to follow her true calling...Any endeavor that will realize her goals but it shouldn't be politics because she lacks what it takes to truly see what people need and want, at least for liberals.
    That is so not the vibe I'm getting from her. On the contrary, I think she's quite progressive and sufficiently in touch, both with what lives among the people and with everything that's wrong about the Democratic Party. And she's not a pushover either, which certainly helps when she's up against the career sharks that have been ruling the DNC for so long already.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (29th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), Wind (28th January 2021)

Thanks
    maybe, I received a negative vibe from her from the get go and i may change my mind at some point. But, I think there is a definite reason that the right is so fond of her ... it's the vibe.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Aragorn (28th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (29th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), Tinman (30th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    NAP, she is not left, she is right ?, yes .

She will change parties then , yes ?.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th January 2021), Kathy (29th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    NAP, she is not left, she is right ?, yes .

She will change parties then , yes ?.
    I personally think she's sufficiently left-wing, but the concept of the one-dimensional political left-right horizon is already hopelessly outdated, and Tulsi is someone who extends beyond that one-dimensional thinking. She represents a breach between the old political establishment and the younger generations.

She's not the only one within the Democratic Party, though. And that's a good thing, because the fact that the DNC nominated Hillary Clinton as their presidential candidate in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020 proves that the old guard wasn't and still isn't willing to learn from its past mistakes. Hillary Clinton represents the corporate-conservative right-wing of the Democrats, and Joe Biden is at best a dead-center Democrat. Kamala Harris also still hails from the conservative wing of the Democratic Party, and she'll probably be pulling Joe's right-arm sleeve on more than a few occasions.

America needs to break free from those old dinosaurs in the DNC if it wants to make any kind of progress. But therein lies the problem, i.e. America is not a progressive nation; it is a very conservative nation, with both the Democrats and the Republicans being sponsored ─ and thus bought ─ by the corporate world. Tulsi wants to end that corporate hegemony ─ she literally said so in the Joe Rogan interview. And that is very progressive in my book.

Don't mind NotAPretender. He's still struggling with his very conservative and Catholic US-Democratic programming. He needs to evolve too.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (30th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    you know I actually agree with you, Aragorn. And I know it ... I'm just a bit techy about which politicians I'll let pull my strings. I pointed out above that over everything else empathy is the bottom line for me and with a little help from my environment I have trained myself to not expect anything from any politician, . Dare I label myself, I would not know how. Social conservative, no not really. Economic liberal, perhaps. I'm so confused.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Aragorn (30th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (30th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    I do have one quality that is considered conservative ... loyalty to a fault. When you're on a team, loyalty to the team is vital to achieving goals. I had a life long friend that when we were smartass teenagers once referred to me as 'Lassie', the dog that is... Always there when you needed help. There are limits, of course.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Aragorn (30th January 2021), Dreamtimer (29th January 2021), Elen (30th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Loyalty is a beautiful thing. Until it gets stomped on and disrespected.

Leaders who abandon/abuse their loyal team members should be banded. Like goats. (not sure what the equivalent would be for a female)

It's much like a parent abandoning their child. When someone is devoted to you and helps you achieve your goals through great sacrifice and you abandon them you are a piece of garbage.

IMHO.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2021), Aragorn (30th January 2021), Elen (30th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th January 2021), Wind (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    Amen to that, DT

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, the USA is either way in for four years of the tandem Biden-Harris, and in theory also potentially for another four years after that. But it would have been nicer if Tulsi had been the nominee, with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as her running mate.

I like AOC, even if only because she's so damn cute.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2021), Dreamtimer (30th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2021), Wind (30th January 2021)

Thanks
    I could have tolerated that ... in combo, they might be a good team.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2021), Aragorn (30th January 2021), Dreamtimer (30th January 2021), Wind (30th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I like AOC, even if only because she's so damn cute.
    That's damn right.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2021), Aragorn (30th January 2021), Dreamtimer (30th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2021)