Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump urged to pardon Assange before he leaves office

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Elen (27th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    so far, so Trump. I watched a thing about Edward Snowden last evening. I see the dilemma but I think he was given bad advice by Daniel Ellsberg which was run or spend your life in prison. Wrong ... according to Ellsberg the political climate was different in the 70's which undoubtedly would be true pre 911, but he overstated the case particularly under a left leaning political system. I think historically the average prison sentence for this kind of 'crime' is about 2 years. Snowden had good intentions but now (is he still holed up in Russia) he's person-non-grata but stated that he would more than willingly help the 'bad guy' security agencies learn how to 'STOP' those kinds of incursions. Between you and I, it would not surprise me that he doesn't possess the skillset necessary to do that. He was a analyst consultant which doesn't of necessity require a high degree of technological know how. It just requires the ability to read and observe.

So, two things, the first he has elevated himself from an honest info broker that leaked to the 'bad guy' MSM and then in the second based on bad advice took it on the lam to Russia and became 'an internationally wanted criminal'. Wow, how does one extricate himself from that kettle of fish smelling like a rose. Tough to accomplish.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (27th December 2020)