Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Just OMG

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    If Trump actually wanted to visit The Alamo he would have gone to San Antonio.
    Where, incidentally, at the state capitol of all the statues that are erected to the 'heroes' of the Alamo there is no mention of Juan Seguin.

Juan Nepomuceno Seguín (October 27, 1806 – August 27, 1890) was a Spanish-Tejano political and military figure of the Texas Revolution who helped to establish the independence of Texas.
    - wiki -

Hey Aragorn, I can't see any of Aianawa's latest posts ...

Either the NSA or God is protecting me ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hey Aragorn, I can't see any of Aianawa's latest posts ...

Either the NSA or God is protecting me ...
    If you can't see his plain-text posts either, then maybe you have him on your ignore list? Is there a pink placeholder where his posts are supposed to be?

If not, then it's probably some plugin you've got in your browser that blocks the websites he's linking against.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I can't see them either, but I guess that's only a good thing? I have AdBlock Plus.
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation, Aragorn, makes sense to me. I just completely stayed away from here when there was more than Verne spewing the right wing disinfo, it’s nice to have misguided deception “canceled”. These people would whine that an antidote “canceled” their disease...which I would think would be great policy to apply here when he continues to refuse to stop.

What’s “the Alamo” reference? Verne, wanna enlighten us on that one?
    What is the purpose of your presence?
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I can't see them either, but I guess that's only a good thing? I have AdBlock Plus.
    I also have AdBlock Plus, but I still see them. I am using Chromium as my browser ─ note: that's not Chrome, but the open source browser that Chrome is based upon.
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Aragorn, makes sense to me. I just completely stayed away from here when there was more than Verne spewing the right wing disinfo, it’s nice to have misguided deception “canceled”. These people would whine that an antidote “canceled” their disease...which I would think would be great policy to apply here when he continues to refuse to stop.
    You are not the only one, Brother. Ever since this political bigotry perched down here at the forum, our number of visiting members has been dwindling, and it currently stands at a shocking all-time low of only 26 unique members per 30 days anymore.

Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    What’s “the Alamo” reference? Verne, wanna enlighten us on that one?
    P.S.: It's "Vern", not "Verne". You are probably thinking of the famous French sci-fi author Jules Verne.

And... I doubt that Vern is going to tell us what he thinks it means. It probably simply means something heroic to him, and he's just as probably too proud ─ or too stubborn and too pissed-off with us ─ to admit that he allows himself to be fooled by such superficiality.

After all, Vern thinks that because we do not allow right-wing propaganda, we must be choosing sides ─ the typical black & white thinking of the far-right. But we're not choosing sides, and I for one don't particularly like Biden's choice of co-administrators. But compared to Benito Trumpolini, just about any US Democrat would be an improvement, with the exception of Hillary Clinton, of course ─ she represents the farthest-right section of the Democratic Party and she's a warmonger. Hell, even the warmongering neocon G.W. Bush didn't bring the USA to the brink of a civil war or put out a call to gather every redneck with a concealed firearm.

More than George Bush Jr. or Richard Nixon, Donald J. Trump will go down in US history as the most disgraceful character to have ever taken up residence in the White House. And it's going to take a very, very long time to repair the damage he did to the already unstable equanimity among the American population.

Quite frankly, I don't think Joe Biden has it in him. It would take someone like Marianne Williamson ─ for two full terms ─ to pull that off. But even if the tandem Biden-Harris gets to serve only a single term, then Marianne will already be too old by then, and the Democrats have never even given her a fair chance to begin with. Marianne was too spiritually inclined for their taste, and instead of learning their lesson from the fact that Trump won the elections in 2016 due to a general discontentment among the US population with the corporate-globalist and warmongering agenda of both the Democrats and the Republican neocons ─ as so aptly personified in Hillary Clinton ─ all the DNC could think of in the nomination of their 2020 presidential candidate was to get back on track with that same old agenda.

Donald Trump's only real feat is that he broke the progression of that agenda. But of course, he did it for all the wrong reasons, and he also did it in the most horrible way possible, because now America's got an even bigger problem. Whether Biden takes office or not, that chance of a civil war erupting is still very acute, and will remain just as acute for a very long time still. And in that, America is of course sadly enough only reaping the results of what they themselves have been sowing through decades of indoctrination with American Exceptionalism and consumerism, and through decades of spending more US taxpayer dollars on the military-industrial complex than on proper education and social equality.

There's an old business adage that says "If you treat your customers like idiots, then idiots will be the customers you'll attract." And I'm afraid that holds just as true for running a country as for doing business. But the biggest problem here is that business customers generally don't form armed militias.

Seriously, humans mating with vegetables is not a good idea. Are you listening, Joe Biden?
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Texas was almost an independent country. Folks occasionally would talk about Texas becoming independent as I was growing up. The history of Texas is surely fascinating.

And it's ironic and deeply hypocritical of that state to do what it did regarding the most recent election. To interfere in how another state handles their votes is something akin to saying that Texas doesn't respect states' rights or independence or the sanctity of the vote at all.

I hear some people whining about how they don't like how another state counts their votes.

Too bad.

If you think it's so important, move to that state and try to bring forth change.

Politicians do it all the time. Southerner George Bush had roots in New England and my New England family were fans of the Bushes.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Seriously, humans mating with vegetables is not a good idea. Are you listening, Joe Biden?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-A4VrEUyyI
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    That's gonna creep me out, isn't it?

Before I watch, I'll just say that my Dad was from more or less the same generation, he was a little older. Physical affection was a thing. My dad kissed people on the lips all the time. Hugging people, grasping them, holding them around the waist, not uncommon things.

Joe Biden is a touchy-feely guy. I've known others of his generation like him.
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    lol ... It ain't nice making fun of people with a heart of gold and a brain of lead. Just kidding!
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (13th January 2021), Dreamtimer (14th January 2021), Elen (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    lol ... It ain't nice making fun of people with a heart of gold and a brain of lead. Just kidding!
    Somehow you can make me laugh NAP.
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2021), Aragorn (14th January 2021), Dreamtimer (14th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th January 2021), Wind (13th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Morning enquiring ones, we will all in future reflect upon these previous two moons much.

Alamo is a signal, tisa time, the Memememe is rolling it's sleeeeves up, credits not far away while multi plot lines assume the choices made by dice and choice.
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th January 2021), Elen (14th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Okay, not left or rite, just facts, good work done by reporters, showing corruption, herself already arrested etc

...to the topTop

Thanks
    James O'keefe? Check his history Aianawa ... Obviously, a try on your part, but unfortunately another fail.
    ...to the topTop

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th January 2021), Elen (15th January 2021)

Thanks
    O'Keefe damaged many peoples' lives with his lies about Acorn.
    ...to the topTop

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th January 2021), Elen (15th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (15th January 2021)