Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Todd Grande personality analysis

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    What I find fascinating is that both of them, when discussed, is almost always in terms of what happened in the past. I'm convinced as I can be that both are alive and well, fully operational.
    Sleeper cells become activated when the need arises. Until then they can just be dormant.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2023), Aragorn (22nd January 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2023), Fred Steeves (22nd January 2023)

Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2023), Aragorn (23rd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post

This event was in the news over here, albeit that there was never a followup, and as such, I did not know that the teacher has — luckily — survived and has in the meantime also already been released from hospital. I am pleased to hear that she's alive and well, although I doubt that she'd want to go back to teaching at that particular school.

The fact that a 6-year-old boy could do something like this is already disturbing in and of itself — to say the least — but the fact that he also managed to pull it off in spite of the school having been warned of the boy carrying a gun, and that, even with the boy's track record of antisocial tendencies, the school chose not to warn the police of the boy's potential possession of a firearm, is incomprehensible. It defies all common sense.

According to what Grande says — the Wikipedia page on the incident does not mention this — the boy was already quite notorious for his antisocial and violent tendencies, and should therefore, with his track record and in this day and age, not have been sent to a regular elementary school.

The following is a story I've already told a few times in the mod room... When I myself was in preschool and later in elementary school — my parents sent me to another school after third grade in the aftermath of an incident that I will be getting into a little farther down — there was a boy from the village where I grew up who was also notorious for his sociopathic tendencies. His father was a biker — he ended up crippled and unable to speak anymore later due to brain damage after a biking accident — and his mother was, shall we politely say, an insane nymphomaniac. The boy's father had also been notorious for getting into fights earlier, and I'm guessing he passed those genes onto his son — or at the least, his eldest son, because I don't really know the younger one.

This particular sociopathic boy from my village did not commit any crimes against any of the teachers, like the boy from the shooting, but he was quite well-known for gratuitously beating up on other children, myself included, and at one point later, also my younger brother when he was still very little. The incident I alluded to higher up was that when I was in third grade, the aggressive boy deliberately cut my upper lip in the schoolyard with the blade from a pencil sharpener, and that's when my parents felt things had gone far enough, and they sent me to a different school in a nearby city.

Deep down inside, the boy in question was not evil, because there had been times when I actually got along with him. But he did have an explosive kind of aggression within him, and once it came to the surface — which could happen at any given moment — then he'd start beating up on other kids. Even though I had from then on been sent to another school, we all still lived at the same village, and so I would still run into him on several occasions more. And by the time I was about 11 or 12, I had grown taller and stronger than him — he was rather short — and so whenever the encounter turned into a fight, I was then able to gain the upper hand. Of course, on a few occasions, he had some unexpected help from a few other kids and then I lost the fight, but that's another issue.

The boy later grew up to be an adult, and he ended up in crime, committing several violent holdups, together with a few cohorts. Eventually he fled the country to Spain, which does not extradite fugitives. From there, he then joined the French Foreign Legion, and he fought in the first Gulf war. By the late 1990s, he returned to Belgium, and he seemed to want to get his life in order again. He then disappeared again, and a few years later I learned that he had been blown to shreds with a shotgun somewhere in France. He wasn't even 40 years old yet when he died. I don't know under what circumstances it all happened, but it was either way clear that, one way or another, his criminal past had caught up with him.

Like I said, deep down inside he wasn't evil. But a genetic predisposition toward sociopathy and violence notwithstanding, I think a lot of what contributed to his violence and his life choices stemmed from the dysfunctional household he grew up in. Both of his parents were literally insane, and that's an understatement. With his genetic makeup, it was all too easy for him to take the insanity of his parents and how they were treating him and turn it into acts of violence that he himself then perpetrated onto others.

I felt sorry for him when I heard of his death, and I still do. I can only hope that he has finally found peace now.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2023), Wind (23rd January 2023)

Thanks
    The advent of AI is here.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmtpcUptCCg

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (19th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    I have a hard time getting worked up about AI. It is just another step in the evolution of man. Here's a thought for me... If all things have soul energy, does that imply that AI does as well? But is it sentient? I don't think it is possible any more than a rock is sentient OR is a rock, in fact, sentient by virtue of its soul energy.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (19th February 2023), Wind (19th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    I have a hard time getting worked up about AI. It is just another step in the evolution of man.
    But that's just the thing: it's being hyped and it's the new fad of the tech industry — especially ChatGPT and its ilk. It's a man-made creation — and therefore, by consequence, an imperfect one — and it's already being worshiped and deployed in areas where it should — courtesy of its imperfect nature — not be.

A.I. just isn't ready yet to be entrusted with the responsibilities mankind bestows upon it. But it's already being used in the military, and the USAF has just completed a test flight with an F-16 jet entirely powered by A.I. That's quite a step up from the semi-autonomous drones they were using earlier, which were capable of taking off and landing without any human intervention but relied on human control and/or programming.

Here's a thought for me... If all things have soul energy, does that imply that AI does as well? But is it sentient? I don't think it is possible any more than a rock is sentient OR is a rock, in fact, sentient by virtue of its soul energy.
    A.I. is not sentient. It's just very good at pretending that it is.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2023), Wind (19th February 2023)

Thanks
    I have a hard time getting worked up about AI. It is just another step in the evolution of man.
    We can't stop the advancement of technology and in general technology can be neutral, however as we have seen often it's a double-edged sword. In case of AI, I would agree with the people who are hesitant about it. It really can become a dangerous thing.

"With artificial intelligence we are summoning the demon." That's what Elon Musk said. It will take some time to get there though. Now we are just seeing AI "art" which is copypasta generated by algorithms.

If all things have soul energy, does that imply that AI does as well?
    No. It's another question if it would be possible for souls to reincarnate into mechanical bodies or into robots.

In my understanding birth has to be "natural" and there has to be expiration for physical bodies too.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (19th February 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

A.I. just isn't ready yet to be entrusted with the responsibilities mankind bestows upon it. But it's already being used in the military, and the USAF has just completed a test flight with an F-16 jet entirely powered by A.I.
    Now that is interesting.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (19th February 2023), Wind (19th February 2023)

Thanks
    Watch Animatrix and then the Matrix trilogy again. I'm not saying AI will become the terminator, but...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ujEwzcgcyQ

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Now they actually made a movie about this true story.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23rzGKdAdmE

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (28th February 2023)

Thanks
    Now they actually made a movie about this true story.
    I thought it was a joke...jeesh, I wouldn't mess with that bear!
    Last edited by Wind, 27th February 2023 at 22:23. Reason: No need to copy the video thumbnail!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (28th February 2023), Wind (27th February 2023)

Thanks
    This guy isn't getting the father of the year-award.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv4TL533vKY

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (5th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (6th March 2023)

Thanks
    This guy isn't getting the father of the year-award.
    I missed most of those facts during the trial. Despite that two jurors wanted to acquit and one was undecided. That is how 'glib' Murdaugh was with lying. That is pretty amazing.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (5th March 2023), Octopus Garden (8th March 2023), Wind (5th March 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    He's a lawyer. They lie for a living--or bend the truth.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (8th March 2023), Emil El Zapato (8th March 2023), Wind (9th March 2023)

Thanks

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th March 2023), Aragorn (20th March 2023)