Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Todd Grande personality analysis

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    BPD always entails trouble, there's no doubt about that in my mind.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th June 2022)

Thanks
    It seems to me that all of the great comedians have been social commentators. It's the jester archetype.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1RbapMBR2U

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    It seems to me that all of the great comedians have been social commentators. It's the jester archetype.
    I never really knew what to think of George Carlin. I've never been fond of comedians that are so castigatory. A good example would be Don Rickles, I despised him.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2022), Wind (26th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Well first off, I find it amusing that Dr. Grande always starts off with the disclaimer that he's not diagnosing anyone, and then proceeds to do just that.

With that little observation out of the way, I'll bet he's a real drip at a party, he always reminds me of a wet noodle, just laying there. Getting cold and sticky.

Seriously, what I see in him is a square peg, who learned everything he knows from the Square Peg Manual, with actual life experience not straying too far from office settings and academia.

Carlin was a natural born philosopher, a studier of people and society in general, he was never quite satisfied with who he was, and reinvented himself many times as such people are prone to do. Carlin didn't give a shit about leaving any particular fan base behind when reinventing himself, he was marching to the tune of his own drummer, to have it any other way would have been a monumental betrayal of himself.

So his drug use. It wouldn't surprise me if Grande has never even smoked a joint in his life, so what the hell would he know? it would never even occur to the self-flatulating image he has of his own intellect that doing something like acid would have opened up whole new worlds for a person such as Carlin to explore, and that a drug like cocaine would be a natural co-pilot for such a guy to sit alone in a room listening to his favorite music, while conjuring up new routines. It was a match made in heaven and he knew that.

That his substance abuse was a double edged sword, and was also something that he struggled with over his lifetime is a token of the human struggle at large, and most assuredly Carlin recognized the irony of his own condition. That likely gave him even more license to point it out in other places that he noticed it going on.

You know, I'd rather an experienced bartender diagnose my life story, they'd be able to truly read someone better than an academic like Grande any day of the week. I think a lot of his takes on people are butcher jobs, with his take on the life of George Carlin being right up there at the top of the doozies. People are complicated, their struggles, successes, failures and heartbreaks, make them who they are. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

But it's a beautiful struggle when looked at in a certain light.

I don't think Grande would recognize "it's a big club, and you're not in it!", or the brilliant depth of sarcasm in the "I now worship the sun" routine, even if they both came swimming up out of those depths unknown and bit him square in the ass, and he certainly would never recognize his own utter lack of insight into many of the people he diagnosis.

So there's my own brief diagnosis of both Carlin, and Grande.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 26th June 2022 at 15:19.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd August 2022), Wind (26th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well first off, I find it amusing that Dr. Grande always starts off with the disclaimer that he's not diagnosing anyone, and then proceeds to do just that.
    Given that he monetizes his videos and how he introduces himself as "Doctor Grande" in every video, I just can't take that guy seriously anymore.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (26th June 2022), Fred Steeves (26th June 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd August 2022), Wind (26th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    That his substance abuse was a double edged sword, and was also something that he struggled with over his lifetime is a token of the human struggle at large, and most assuredly Carlin recognized the irony of his own condition. That likely gave him even more license to point it out in other places that he noticed it going on.
    Yeah. It's like with Alan Watts who used alcohol a lot and died from complications due to it. Someone could just be mean and say that oh well, he was just a drunkard. How could he have been anything great? Yet I think he was very wise and there haven't been many people or philosophers who would have influenced me with their thoughts as much as he did. We are only all human now and struggle with our many issues issues and flaws.

You know, I'd rather an experienced bartender diagnose my life story, they'd be able to truly read someone better than an academic like Grande any day of the week. I think a lot of his takes on people are butcher jobs, with his take on the life of George Carlin being right up there at the top of the doozies. People are complicated, their struggles, successes, failures and heartbreaks, make them who they are. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.
    Perhaps the likes of Dr. Grande sure could use an acid trip or two, or perhaps a journey to the mushroom-land, or even better and try ayahuasca a couple of times. They tend to have their head so up in their ass that they just think that they know it all better. I think in general that tends to be a big common problem with academia and their intellectually arrogant mentality. That's why also they label anything spiritual as woo-woo.

In general I just find Dr. Grande's takes amusing, sometimes he hits the mark, but quite often not. The topics themselves are more interesting than what Dr. Grande really has to offer, but so far I haven't really found a a channel which would tackle such a wide array of current topics. He of course does that for the sake of money.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2022), Fred Steeves (26th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Perhaps the likes of Dr. Grande sure could use an acid trip or two, or perhaps a journey to the mushroom-land, or even better and try ayahuasca a couple of times.
    Ha! I wasn't going to suggest that, but that's exactly what I was thinking.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2022), Wind (26th June 2022)

Thanks
    This should be good.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1yYXzpdLw

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2022)

Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th July 2022)

Thanks
    Especially the US right wing media likes to talk a lot about Hunter Biden.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4XqqWjydA4

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th July 2022)

Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th July 2022)

Thanks
    This narcissistic clown was born here. It seems that the world is full of the likes of him.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwdEDTGEbRY

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2022)

Thanks
    I wonder if Kerry Cassidy had him as her whistleblower.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k2YE0l9u00

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2022), Fred Steeves (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    I wonder if Kerry Cassidy had him as her whistleblower.
    Oh yeah, he sounds very much like the perfect Project Camelot "Witness™"/"Whistleblower™".
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (30th July 2022), Wind (30th July 2022)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Grande is a an entirely left brained individual trying to describe the entire mind. Comes across like a robot. Though he isn't a bad diagnostician. I quit listening to him when he did a critique of Eckart Toll. It was mean spirited. Felt like I was listening to someone beat a dear little hedgehog to death with a shovel.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2022), Fred Steeves (3rd August 2022), Wind (4th August 2022)