Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Todd Grande personality analysis

Thanks
    Thanked 43,164 Times in 11,946 Posts
    The constitution. I'm sure the court is right but is that RIGHT? No, especially when one's job is contingent upon it. The constitution just like the bible is a guide, not a word-for-word declaration of the 'truth'. True (in the case of the Bible at least) but not word for word. The Supreme Court is proving itself increasingly useless.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st May 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022), Fred Steeves (31st May 2022), Wind (31st May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,467 Times in 7,282 Posts
    I'm surprised to hear that the cops aren't bound to protect people. They are just there to enforce the law.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st May 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2022), Fred Steeves (31st May 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that the cops aren't bound to protect people. They are just there to enforce the law.
    According to the constitution only ... Wind. Social and moral contracts are by the people and of the people, a much truer form to judge right and wrong.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st May 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022), Fred Steeves (31st May 2022), Wind (31st May 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Social and moral contracts are by the people and of the people, a much truer form to judge right and wrong.
    I would agree. I would argue that morality hasn't much to do with man-made laws anyways. Laws might be there to guide people.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st May 2022), Emil El Zapato (1st June 2022)

Thanks
    Justice has prevailed.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZWnkmzBw8

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd June 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    Justice has prevailed.
    interesting ... both got money ... He's likely to remain the only male to ever win such a trial.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd June 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022), Wind (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    I think Grande was wrong about the verdict and it's weird that Amber got any money. She probably can't pay Johnny back anyways, her career might take a nosedive whereas Johnny might get his back on track, people have liked him for a reason. Amber might try to appeal against the decision or do something about it. Lucky her that she got to keep her role in the upcoming Aquaman 2 movie.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd June 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2022)

Thanks

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th June 2022), Dreamtimer (5th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (13th June 2022)

Thanks
    Any of y'all know her? Strange coincidence that just now I've been reading her books as I felt somehow pulled to do that and for the most part the info is pretty spot on if a bit new agey when it comes to spiritual knowledge, but I really didn't know much about her background. Dr. Grande can be an ass when it comes to spiritual people though. Not all of them are fakes. About her I don't know.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qigO12rXZj8

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (13th June 2022), modwiz (13th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    She took over after her husband died and inherited his following and took his Christian ministery into a new agey kind of cult. One of her books is a translation of Slavic Enoch. COnsodered by many to be a better accout of the story than the Ethiopian one.

I do not have an opinion on which version is closer to a truth that is not part of my mythos.

I am happy that part of the world has its own mythos. It is the glue of cultures.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2022), Wind (13th June 2022)

Thanks
    Any of y'all know her? Strange coincidence that just now I've been reading her books as I felt somehow pulled to do that and for the most part the info is pretty spot on if a bit new agey when it comes to spiritual knowledge, but I really didn't know much about her background. Dr. Grande can be an ass when it comes to spiritual people though. Not all of them are fakes. About her I don't know.
    He's always an ass, he has no insight into anything beyond hitting the subscription button.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    He's always an ass, he has no insight into anything beyond hitting the subscription button.
    Lol, somehow I am not surprised you would say that.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (14th June 2022)

Thanks
    She sure is pretty just like a femme fatale would be. Let me know what you thought about this, Chuck.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-EmV9atTE

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th June 2022)

Thanks
    Well, this is a tough one:

This might sound hypocritical but I forgive her her sins because in the videos I've seen she demonstrates a level of insight that I find VERY uncommon. Perhaps the reality is that she is hard to understand for those that don't understand her...

The Grande one would be a prime example. In a true sense, they are opposite people/spirits, in a practical sense, they are opposites in their therapy approach. He claims professional training which given his lack of insight is useless if not damaging. She has none in the perspective of 'licensing/certifications' but it would seem that she doesn't really need that to 'understand' human psychology. Something that Grande with his 'authoritarian' personality would be aghast of. Further in a therapeutic sense, Grande (if he has any value at all) would have to have the approach termed: behaviorism, whereas Teal would be much more Freudian. The two are worlds apart and never the twain shall meet.

Some of the things he cited are problematic, but I wonder how true they are from a deeper perspective. His inability to pin her down to me indicates that she is either very clever (of which she claims) or he is the one afloat in misunderstanding.

Being unconventional in a world that demands conformity is always a trial. Perhaps she embellishes her past to set herself apart from the herd. Not the most honest approach but then again, maybe she doesn't realize that she is doing it. Aren't geniuses supposed to be 'squirrely'?

He didn't come down on her that hard ... but I still think he is a gay jackass ... lol.

Thanks
    Teal Swan (born Mary Teal Bosworth; June 16, 1984) is an American spiritual influencer and author.[1][2]

Some of Swan’s teachings on how to manage mental health issues have been described as controversial and she has received criticism for how she attracts fans.[3][4] Swan and her teachings were discussed in a six-part audio documentary series by Gizmodo in June 2018.[5] She was also the subject of two documentary films, Open Shadow: The Story of Teal Swan, which was released in 2017, and the series The Deep End released in 2022.

Early life
    Swan was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico and was raised in Logan, Utah.[6] She lived in Logan until her teens with her parents and younger brother, Sky. Logan had a high percentage of practicing Mormons in the city at the time, and Swan stated her religious differences meant that from an early age she felt she didn't belong. The religious and cultural differences between family and school life meant she didn't "fit in" at school and was often bullied due to her different beliefs. Adding to the cultural differences, Swan also states that she often spoke and acted differently than other children at the school. This combination meant at times the bullying was intense and had an effect on Swan from an early age.[5]

Swan began to feel physically different from other children she spent time with. According to Gizmodo, Swan first noticed these physical differences when in class and other children didn't react to things Swan was experiencing.[5] Years later, Swan's mother was interviewed for the film Open Shadow, where she stated Swan had hypersensitivity while she was growing up, often reacting to sound. Swan has also alluded to this part of her childhood when journalists have asked her about her claims of clairvoyance abilities.[5]

Swan has stated in numerous interviews that she was abused, raped and psychologically tortured from the age of six onwards by a family friend. Swan says she was the victim of ritualistic abuse by a satanic cult for over a decade, and this was apparently in order to cure her of her supposed extrasensory abilities.[7][8] In particular TV interviews conducted in 2014 by Chris Oswalt, regarding her ritual abuse, were sent to KNIN-TV, KIVI-TV, and Idaho News.[9] Swan said that she has memories of these events which were repressed, until a Salt Lake City based therapist helped her uncover them.[5] According to Gizmodo, "Barbara Snow was the therapist of Teal Swan in the early 2000s".[5]

Her mother said in an interview Swan had attempted to take her own life in her teens. Both parents agreed to take Swan to see a psychiatrist but stated in the Open Shadow documentary that none of the techniques worked. They turned to eastern medicine when Swan was in her teens, and rather than saying Swan was sick, they said she was gifted and experiencing hypersensitivity. During an interview with Ozy, the journalist noted that Swan's arms were "covered in scars," apparently as a result of the abuse she endured as a child.[2]

According to her, she was born with extrasensory abilities such as clairvoyance, "clairsentience", and "clairaudience".[8] [10]

Career
    In 2011 she released the book The Sculptor in the Sky and started her YouTube channel. After 2012, her popularity grew having followers in several countries. In 2011, Swan hosted one of her first talks in Salt Lake City, Utah with around twenty people attending and was the first she uploaded to her YouTube channel.

The company Teal Eye, according to the website,[11] is meant to create changes in several different areas: alternative education, reforms in the global food industry, justice, animal rights and spirituality.[citation needed]

Her teaching methods sometimes involve participants imagining their deaths, occasionally by suicide.[12] Lebo Diseko from BBC cites Swan’s viewpoint on suicide:

"In the video Swan urges those who are feeling suicidal to seek medical help, but goes on to say that in her experience, for some people, this may not help long-term. She instead suggests that suicide be seen as "our safety net or our re-set button that's always available to us". She argues that viewing it in this way enables people to set the idea aside, and instead concentrate on what they can do to make themselves feel better in the present."[4] A Refinery29 piece notes that while Swan is not directly encouraging suicide and that she claims to have "the strategy to help people out of suicidal thoughts", nevertheless her "highly-triggering comments and extreme views on suicide that trickle into almost every piece of content Swan produces" are potentially harmful, as evidenced by the way Swan compares followers with suicidal thoughts to "stray cats" and "orphaned children".[13]

She operates the Philia Center, a retreat center in Costa Rica.[14] Her followers are called the "Teal Tribe."[15]

During 2015, she received her first major media coverage discussing the use of her mantra, "what would someone who loved themselves do?"'[16]

Swan has frequently spoken about the best techniques to deal with anger. According to an Irish Independent reporter that attended one of her seminars in 2016, it was stated that suppression of anger can have dangerous consequences. Swan's theory about anger is deciding on the difference between constructive and destructive anger. Kailash Satyarthi made similar remarks during his TED talk on anger.[17]

Hunger of the Pine
    In 2020, the publication of Swan's first novel, Hunger of the Pine, was announced. Here, Aria Abbott, a girl who has drifted through the foster care system for most of her young life, has run away and lives rough on the streets. Her relationship with Taylor leads them to board a Greyhound bus to pursue their dreams together. It received mainly positive reviews and received a score of four (out of five stars) on Goodreads, based on readers' reviews.[18] In October 2020, it became a Publishers Weekly trade paperback frontlist Best Seller.[19]

Documentaries
    Swan was the subject of the 2017 documentary film Open Shadow: The Story of Teal Swan.[20]

In 2018 the investigative podcast Oh No, Ross and Carrie! on the Maximum Fun network attended and reported on one of Teal Swan's "Synchronization Workshop" events at the Los Angeles Convention Center.[21]

Also in 2018, a Gizmodo podcast ran a six-part series on Teal Swan and her self-help spiritual teachings on depression and how her techniques "process past trauma in order to overcome it." The host, Jennings Brown, stated that Swan was not like a regular spiritual leader in terms both of her appearance and how she markets herself.[22] At the time of recording, her YouTube videos had been viewed 55 million times.[23]

On April 5, 2022, Freeform announced the that their upcoming four-part docu-series on Swan called The Deep End would premiere on May 15, 2022.[24] Each episode of the series streams on Hulu the day after its premiere.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th June 2022), Wind (17th June 2022)