Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Todd Grande personality analysis

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    If this is the boy I think it is, I may not want to listen to this. I found the story compelling, the family contacted some of the people that the boy recalled. They ended up doing a ceremony to say goodbye to his past life so that he could live in this one. The family handled it graciously and beautifully and I don't think I want to hear Dr. Todd dis them.

Perhaps I'll catch this one later.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 31st January 2022 at 12:44.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2022), Octopus Garden (30th January 2022), Wind (30th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,111 Times in 20,309 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    If this is the boy I think it is, I may not want to listen to this. I found the story compelling, the family contacted some of the people that the boy recalled. They ended up doing a ceremony to say goodbye to his past life so that he could live in this one. The family handled it graciously and beautifully and I don't thing I want to hear Dr. Todd dis them.

There was also that boy in France a number of years ago ─ I think he was 7 years old at the time ─ who told his mother that he had been murdered in his previous life, and he told her what his name used to be. The mother went to the police, and they looked up on the name the boy had given her. The name belonged to a man who had gone missing 30 years earlier, and nobody had ever seen or heard from him again.

The boy then told them where the killer buried the body, and he also gave them the name of the murderer. The police went to the place the boy had indicated, and per his instructions, they started digging, and they found the remains of the man who had gone missing 30 years earlier. They then brought the man in whom the boy said was his murderer, and upon questioning that man, he confessed to the murder.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (31st January 2022), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2022), Octopus Garden (30th January 2022), Wind (30th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,183 Times in 11,956 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    There was also that boy in France a number of years ago ─ I think he was 7 years old at the time ─ who told his mother that he had been murdered in his previous life, and he told her what his name used to be. The mother went to the police, and they looked up on the name the boy had given her. The name belonged to a man who had gone missing 30 years earlier, and nobody had ever seen or heard from him again.

The boy then told them where the killer buried the body, and he also gave them the name of the murderer. The police went to the place the boy had indicated, and per his instructions, they started digging, and they found the remains of the man who had gone missing 30 years earlier. They then brought the man in whom the boy said was his murderer, and upon questioning that man, he confessed to the murder.
    I would call that solid evidence of sumpin'
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2022), Dreamtimer (31st January 2022), Octopus Garden (30th January 2022), Wind (30th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,483 Times in 7,285 Posts
    There have been plenty of cases like that I think and there were even old shows about investigating reincarnation.

I didn't come to the same conclusion with Dr. Grande, I think in his mind spirituality and reincarnation are woo woo so they can't be true.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2022), Dreamtimer (31st January 2022), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2022)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

That is remarkable. Not familiar with that one at all. But am familiar with the little guy who claimed he died in a plane crash which is equally mind boggling. Saw the documentary about him, and remember the little guy's sadness and confusion when they took him to the place he said he lived in his prior life.

That expression, "you can't go home again," is particularly poignant in the little boy's case. His old home didn't match up with his memories. It's almost as if he reincarnated from a parallel but nearly identical universe.

If this is the boy I think it is, I may not want to listen to this. I found the story compelling, the family contacted some of the people that the boy recalled. They ended up doing a ceremony to say goodbye to his past life so that he could live in this one. The family handled it graciously and beautifully and I don't thing I want to hear Dr. Todd dis them.

You mean you don't want a snide, reductionist, materialist take on ultimate reality? And I suppose you would complain about the flat affect and monotone delivery too. So fussy!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2022), Dreamtimer (31st January 2022), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2022), Wind (30th January 2022)

Thanks
    I think you're right, Wind. Dr Todd doesn't really have room for the woo woo. Psychologists are trained to not believe this stuff because it doesn't fit in with diagnosis and treatment. Some can rise above that, some cannot.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2022), Emil El Zapato (31st January 2022), Wind (31st January 2022)

Thanks
    I think you're right, Wind. Dr Todd doesn't really have room for the woo woo. Psychologists are trained to not believe this stuff because it doesn't fit in with diagnosis and treatment. Some can rise above that, some cannot.
    I can attest that my half-sister is very receptive to this aspect of life and I had a sociology professor that had written a book on NDE's back in the 80s or 90s. No, I think 'Dr' Grande is an exception to the rule starting with his frivolous approach to misfortune. It is why he is a social influencer (writ social manipulator). He is not a good person and by derivation will attract many righties.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd February 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd February 2022), Wind (31st January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    He is not a good person and by derivation will attract many righties.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st February 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (31st January 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Wind, That's a good one.

I really haven't noticed anything like that, BOB. Do you see something in the comments on his channel? Your comment seems far afield...unless you're just yankin' chains.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (2nd February 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd February 2022), Wind (3rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Wind, That's a good one.

I really haven't noticed anything like that, BOB. Do you see something in the comments on his channel? Your comment seems far afield...unless you're just yankin' chains.
    Seriously? No, I don't want to belabor the point, it is just my opinion, it is what I see. And, I am usually correct though sometimes it takes a while for the reality to become evident. If you're not convinced yet, just hang on.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (2nd February 2022), Octopus Garden (3rd February 2022), Wind (3rd February 2022)

Thanks
    I just thought the comment about righties was out of context and not really relevant to the post. There's not really any reason to go there on this thread. Unless, of course, Dr. Todd does a piece on the mentality of right-wing folks.

Beau talked about why the right cannot succeed with the kinds of approaches which work on the left. The bottom line is that the need for hierarchy cancels networking efforts, cooperative efforts, and lacks the egalitarian approaches used by the left.

It's just not part of their metric. Someone has to be on top, better, smarter, etc.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd February 2022), Wind (3rd February 2022)

Thanks
    Hi DT,

oh, ok, yes he has been splashed for being pro-right which he obviously is. My halfsister 'leans' to the left and simply does not comment on right-wing propaganda. I would consider that a professional position.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd February 2022), Dreamtimer (3rd February 2022), Wind (3rd February 2022)

Thanks
    I haven't looked at him through a lens of right or left. I don't really find that helpful because they're such broad stamps.

So when I listen to Dr. Todd, I notice when his jokes are funny, fall flat, are unnecessary. I notice when he is dismissive. I notice the holes in his analysis.

When it comes to this video about the boy, I feel I can anticipate his direction and I'm not interested. I suspect this will reoccur with other topics.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd February 2022), Wind (3rd February 2022)

Thanks
    The "Oath Creepers" video which I posted on the thread about Rhodes was certainly not something that would be loved by the right, I noticed.

This one covers some things I didn't address, like Whoopi's suspension. That seems like too much, especially in light of what Megan McCain would get away with. But the Holocaust is a very, very touchy subject indeed.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2022), Wind (7th February 2022)

Thanks

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2022), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2022)