Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: sElection Chaos Proceeds as Planned

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    No, Atlanta Didn’t Count Illegal Ballots In Secret (Or In Suitcases)
    Joe Walsh

I cover breaking news for Forbes.

TOPLINE President Donald Trump’s allies have spent weeks baselessly insisting Atlanta officials secretly counted scores of illegal ballots in an effort to rob victory from Trump, and on Thursday, they finally claimed to have video evidence to prove it — but the short video promoted by Trump’s campaign actually shows normal vote-counting processes, officials say.

A Fulton county worker looks over ballots at State Farm Arena on November 6, 2020 in Atlanta

During a Georgia legislative hearing on Thursday, an attorney affiliated with Trump’s campaign showed 90 seconds of security camera footage from a vote-counting center in Atlanta on election night, claiming the video showed staff clandestinely shifting hidden ballots around the room in “suitcases” after Republican poll-watchers were instructed to leave.

Trump’s allies spread the video on social media and treated it as a voter fraud smoking gun: The president tweeted Thursday that the state was “caught cold,” and Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani told a credulous Sean Hannity the video was “really explosive.”

In reality, the video doesn’t appear to show fraud and is not even particularly suspicious: The supposed “suitcases” were actually normal, unexciting ballot containers, an investigator for the Georgia Secretary of State told fact-checking site Lead Stories, and state officials who reviewed the tape have said it showed standard processing of ballots.

Plus, the state investigator told Lead Stories that partisan election observers were never told to leave the counting room on election night, but instead left voluntarily after some staff members went home — and although Democratic and Republican observers are allowed to watch vote-counting in Georgia, they are not required to be present (the Secretary of State’s office told Forbes it is investigating why partisan observers left before ballot-scanning ended).

An independent state-appointed monitor was also present during vote-counting in Atlanta, and did not find any indications of illegal counting, a spokesperson for the Secretary of State’s office told Forbes.

Trump’s campaign, as well as officials from Fulton County — which contains Atlanta — did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

“Nothing we have learned from the independent monitor or our investigation have suggested any improper ballots were scanned,” the Georgia Secretary of State’s office said in a statement to Forbes.

As Trump’s efforts to reverse his electoral loss falter in court, his lawyers have taken their specious vote-rigging claims on the road, testifying in front of Republican-held legislatures in key swing states in an effort to persuade them to overturn Trump’s losses. Georgia’s hearing followed a similar session in Michigan earlier this week featuring a supposed whistleblower whose testimony was deemed “not credible” by a judge, and Trump’s lawyers also presented baseless claims to state legislators at hotel conference rooms in Arizona and Pennsylvania. So far, no state legislative leaders have agreed to overturn the results of the election, and Republicans in Pennsylvania have outright shot down the idea.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) — a Trump ally who has drawn the president’s ire in recent weeks — told Fox News Thursday’s hearing “raises more questions,” and he reiterated his suggestion that Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) conduct an “audit” of signatures on mail-in ballots. But even if absentee ballots were awash with fraud (which is unproven), a signature audit could not discard any fraudulent votes because, per state law, all mail-in ballots have already been separated from the envelopes containing voters’ signatures.

Fact Check: Video From Georgia Does NOT Show Suitcases Filled With Ballots Suspiciously Pulled From Under A Table; Poll Watchers Were NOT Told To Leave
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th December 2020), Octopus Garden (4th December 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    1. Yes she does state she's helping. She does not state why. She does clarify legal procedure. Research perhaps? Paid research perhaps? You don't know why she's helping and neither do I.

2. The operative part of my comment is that's she's made herself very public. While I agree with you about the comment regarding ... not as a legal ... she's actually protecting her licence by virtue of those words.

3. Putting the information/evidence in the public eye is odd and not consistent with legal boundaries but take a good look at the paradigm in which we live ....

Much is not disclosed to us mere mortals but much is known. That's my instinct talking and it has served me well in life - how about you?

If they are not suitcases being pulled out from under the table, as suggested by the fact checkers on that well known social media platform, what are they? Sausages, teddy bears, camping equipment?

There appears to be something at play here. To me it appears as though there are boundaries being pushed.

Example;

To publicly state there is fraud is a big statement. The ramifications of which, legally and ethically, could be catastrophic for the person making the public allegation. Could it be that when you have unlimited financial wealth and upper level societal connections that anything goes?

Please remember this (coming from someone who has been lied to in person and as a former Police officer) when People are caught out in their lies - the first reaction is more often than not - to deny and lie! It stands to reason that those who are confronted with compelling information and evidence will deny the allegations. I've seen People deny compelling information and evidence and their stance can sometimes continue until they realise the lies won't work. It happens.

Someone knows the truth - they always do.

Much Respect - Amanda

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th December 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Thought I would share a link to an article that appears to be well researched.

https://www.sott.net/article/445276-...ote-farm-arena

Much Respect - Amanda

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Indeed, seen this earlier also >

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keANzinHWUA

Many getting off their soap boxes atm , mmmm and pedastills

Thanks

Thanks
    The article states that the under the table stuff was not surreptitious in anyway, it was where the keep ballots of some kind as standard operating procedure. My initial thought/guess was 'questionable' ballots, such as damaged, improperly signed, etc.

My intuition rarely fails with the exception of two notable areas of my life where my hits are probably lower than my misses: Trump and Academy Awards.

Former police officer...f*ck, the one common characteristic is a complete lack of flexibility, spelled 'open to information'. Cops in my experience are the closest thing to functional psychopaths as I've ever dealt with. In fact, I'm amidst a major experience as I write.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th December 2020), Elen (6th December 2020)

Thanks
    Mmmm so not mattering how obvious now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (5th December 2020)

Thanks
    It's my karma, Aianawa ... a misstep 40 years ago has come back and cost me the best job of my life (a chance to retire with some dignity and to help my daughter to reach her goals)

I took an unemployment overpayment when I was working a blue collar semi-laid off job. I was essentially a kid. Since, I've held a governmental secret security clearance (through the FBI), been cleared for two Homeland Security jobs with national security implications. Worked in the software engineering industry for 23 years without a hint of a lack of honesty and trustworthiness. Some with private and public disclosure proscriptions. My home state which is where I was convicted of a misdemeanor has a 25 year bar for ANY information, I could have killed somebody and they wouldn't release the information (In fact, they didn't even have a record of my infraction) but the FBI did.

The only thing that matters to the 'security guards' of said company is that I broke a law 40 years ago. Even the FDIC which regulates the company has a 10 year limit for any issues and the EEOC itself, along with the FDIC would frown on this kind of determination.

So there you go, I bare my soul once again...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th December 2020), Dreamtimer (6th December 2020), Elen (6th December 2020), Wind (5th December 2020)

Thanks
    I'm f*cking depressed now.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th December 2020), Dreamtimer (6th December 2020), Elen (6th December 2020), Wind (5th December 2020)

Thanks
    totally inappropriate thread for this, but I'm out of control ... I plead guilty to that charge as well.

They say confession is good for the soul:

Today (Monday actually as weekends do not legally apply) was my last day to file an appeal to the FBI to issue a correction to my record. I'm not ready to give up yet, I appealed to the FDIC as well, the only thing I left out was the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, I couldn't bring myself to do that one). Said company security guards would probably find a way to disqualify any minority status that I might possess in any case. I've been defrauded by the government more than I might have defrauded them.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Sorry to hear that NAP. 40 years is a long time, I think you would already have atoned for that if it was something "small".

This is why society can suck with it's strict rules.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th December 2020), Dreamtimer (6th December 2020), Elen (6th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th December 2020)

Thanks
    it was small ... and generally innocent really ... I met with an investigator probably a year after i had taken the overpayment and sat there with him telling him the whole story ... never suspecting that there would be any repercussions. It later became a major major shock to me. It's a long story but I've always been a little clueless about the way the legal system thinks.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    it was small ... and generally innocent really ... I met with an investigator probably a year after i had taken the overpayment and sat there with him telling him the whole story ... never suspecting that there would be any repercussions. It later became a major major shock to me. It's a long story but I've always been a little clueless about the way the legal system thinks.
    Don't give up! There's always hope.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (6th December 2020), Wind (6th December 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Based on evidence we have...which is magical and invisible but believe us! We have it!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (6th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (6th December 2020), Wind (6th December 2020)