Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The story of how I found love after eight years of singledom

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts

The story of how I found love after eight years of singledom

I have alluded to my story here and there, but I thought it best to summarize it in a single post.

A bit of background first.

I am 41 now and was single most of my life, with a couple of romantic interludes, but I never got married. I have been single since 2012, which is the year I went through a Kundalini Awakening and romance was pretty much the last thing on my mind ever since. It wasn’t a huge issue for me, as a I preferred solitude anyway, and through my tantric practices, I had no need for sexual release in the traditional sense. My sexual energies and fluids are all turned around at the base of the spine and flow upwards into my brain, providing a constant source and flow of illumination.

Nevertheless, a few months ago I started feeling lonely (not least due to cabin fever endengered by the Covid lockdown situation) and considered ending my solitary existence. As some of you may know, contact with a Goddess called Inanna played a major role in my awakening and she mentored me throughout the process of my becoming a spiritually mature adult so to speak. Her visits have become a lot less frequent, due to some past personal issues between us (We had a falling out and I sent her away a couple of years ago, when I signed and was subsequently banned on Project Avalon), but she still visits me sometimes. On her last visit in June, which was on a Saturday, she was in a particularly benevolent mood and offered me a boon.

Without thinking much about it, I said something along the lines of: „Just get me a girlfriend”, without being too specific or circumspect about it. She consented not in words, but by beaming approval and love towards me and left immediately, without saying a word (it is this sort of sudden disappearance that usually seals and enables the success of what is in effect a magical working).

The very next day, which was on a Sunday, I took a walk in my local park and decided to sit down on a bench, which was near, but not quite next to the bench I usually choose, as that one was occupied by two girls who were talking Russian amongst themselves. I didn’t pay much attention to them, except my curiosity was somewhat piqued as to what they could be doing here, especially in the midst of a covid-epidemic. Clearly, they weren’t tourists and were having a bit of a party on their bench with drinks and whatnot.

I was actually trying to meditate, as I usually do, but I noticed that the girls (or more accurately, women in their their late thirties) were taking selfies of themselves, giggling and glancing in my general direction.

One of the girls then came over and asked if I had a light. I stupidly just said no and that I didn’t smoke. Not knowing what to say next, she just went back to her bench. I was just starting to wonder whether I should go over and introduce myself (the fact they spoke Russian with each other piqued my interest, I really enjoy interacting with people from other cultures), when the other girl came over and asked if I wanted to join them. Of course I said yes and I got to know both of them quite well. Both were Ukrainian nationals, but the first girl turned out to be ethnic Hungarian, whereas the second one was ethnic Russian, which is why they spoke Russian with each other.

That evening we headed to my local beer garden with the first girl and even kissed. It felt really surreal as she was really into me and just melted under my hands like butter. We have been dating ever since and she will be my date for my brother’s wedding this Saturday. For someone who has been single for such an extended period of time, this is quite a extraordinary development, as you can imagine.

Anyways, the real interesting part is in the details and background, it seems Inanna chose wisely when she arranged this girl for me. She is the Goddess of Love after all, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

I have subsequently learned that she has a brother who is very much like me in terms of his character, they are very close and she has said from early childhood that she wants to marry someone just like him.

So, it seems we complement each other very well, at this stage of our lives, we both needed each other and have helped each other immensely in many ways and many areas of our lives. I don’t plan to marry her btw and she accepts that, but both of our lives have been enriched and we are constantly learning from each other and benefitting from our complementary meshing of our personalities.

I don’t know yet if we will stay together long-term, I was quite apprehensive at first and attracted the attention of a few other girls at the time, which may have been due a to a residual glow from the divine boon I was granted. I considered dating another girl, but she lived in another city quite far away and several things were off about her, so I stuck with the first girl I met through Inanna’s intercession and I’m glad I did, she seems to be the real deal.

We still have many challenges to overcome and our interests and background are very different, nevertheless, it feels really good to have someone special in my life and we both feel blessed that we’ve found each other. I told her about the circumstances of us meeting and how it was due to divine intervention, which she doesn’t mind at all.

I’m not sure if there is any general lesson to be learnt from this story, but I hope those that struggle to find love will find it inspirational. To me, the biggest shock was how easy all of this was, I made no effort whatsoever to find love, except maybe to get a haircut and a half-hearted effort to join a dating site, which I then abandoned. When I was unemployed and broke, I got a job with similar ease and swiftness, though back then, it was Inanna’s brother, Utu, who helped me out. When my dad suffered a stroke and was in danger of losing motion on the left side of his body, it was dad Enki (appropriately) who stepped in and assisted me in healing him, to the extent, that he fully recovered in just a couple of weeks.

I’m not trying to promote any particular deity or religion, in fact my aim was to report the facts as they occurred, dispassionately and without the overflow of emotion and hyperbole that would often accompany events such as those described above, when viewed through a religious or superstitious lense. I am increasingly trying to stand on my own two feet and not rely on gods to help me out, when in trouble, but it is good to know that help is available and freely and willingly given, when you know who and how to ask for help.

If you are reading this now, this is my message to you:

Never give up. There is always hope, whatever your life circumstances and however desperate your situation might seem. Higher powers are looking out for you and will help you out if you let them. Yes, we’re supposed to be self-sufficient and forge our own paths, but do not be afraid to ask for help when you need it, be it from a fellow human or a higher being. The Universe is held together by Love and it is the power of Love that affects seemingly miraculous change and it is what motivates higher beings to help those still stuck on the lower realms in whatever way they can.

People have a tendency to make this overly complex, but the principles behind interaction with higher beings are as simple as they get. If you invoke a higher being when in true need and with an open heart, they will come. You know when they come to you, because their presence is simply unmistakable, even if you’ve never had the experience.

When a god/deity/higher being, etc… comes to you, you are instantly cognizant of the fact that this higher intelligence is reaching out to you from a higher-dimensional realm, which is why the experience is often described as other-worldly. The presence that comes to you is powerful, well beyond the radiance of a human being, as well as incredibly loving and benevolent (malevolent entities are a completely different type of energy and presence, so you will know when you’re experiencing the real deal). Clearly, someone has entered the room, you can feel their energy, their intentions, the kind of vibe they give off, but generally you will only see a bright light and whatever image your brain is desperately scrambling to create from the overwhelming electromagnetic stimuli it is bombarded with, based on your own background and belief system. Higher beings have no actual form, but they may choose to project one for your benefit, because we are so used to interacting with physical beings in 3-dimensional space.

Communication with higher beings is telepathic, as with everything it takes time and patience to learn how to interact with them effectively, much like learning a new, unfamiliar language, in fact.

But, there is no need to worry about that if you are just starting out with a particular higher beings, they will find ways to interact with you, by subtle manipulation of life events, people they set you up with, books or information they lead you too and of course, dreams.

So, my advice is not to neglect the spiritual side of life and to pay attention to the subtle signs and events that higher beings arrange for your benefit. You’d be surprised how easily and quickly the direction of your life can change with the right intention and energy being put behind it, whether it is of your own or that of a higher power.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (27th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (26th October 2020), Gio (27th October 2020), Lord Sidious (26th October 2020), Wind (26th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    True congratulations Chris ... The best to you ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (27th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (27th October 2020), Gio (27th October 2020), Wind (26th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Good luck, romancenugget
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (27th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (27th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Gio (27th October 2020), Wind (26th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post

So, my advice is not to neglect the spiritual side of life and to pay attention to the subtle signs and events that higher beings arrange for your benefit. You’d be surprised how easily and quickly the direction of your life can change with the right intention and energy being put behind it, whether it is of your own or that of a higher power.
    Congratulation, wishing you both the very best Chris!
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (27th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (27th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    There you go...I'm delighted that you're back with us again!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (27th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the well wishes.

This really is a big thing for a notorious bachelor such as myself. I guess the covid epidemic changed my perspective, being holed in alone in a tiny studio apartment for months on end felt like a prison sentence, even worse, like solitary confinement, which under normal circumstances would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

It made me realise, that whilst I don't technically "need" someone to be happy, since my happiness comes from my inner core and divine love, it just makes my quality of life so much better to have someone to share it with.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I love a good romance. And I love to see people come together and bond. I'm so happy for you Chris, it's just the right thing for the both of you, especially now.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (27th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I love a good romance. And I love to see people come together and bond. I'm so happy for you Chris, it's just the right thing for the both of you, especially now.
    Oh yes, for sure, you're right of course.

I know you're married and it gives you a lot of joy, I guess I can see why. Humans simply aren't solitary creatures, we are social and have an innate need to pair up.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Thanks
    The solitary living has been hard on many. Friends and family have commented on this.

Many people I know, couples and families, not just single folk, have adopted dogs during the pandemic.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (28th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    That is a nice story and also it's a good message! Love can be such a beautiful thing.

For the longest time I thought I wouldn't be someone who could be a in relationship and that I was doomed to be alone and I had already accepted that fate, yet destiny had different ideas for me. That relationship ended this year and served as a lesson for me through a lot of pain (it wasn't all that), now I'm single again. That's what all spiritual growth is about.

I'd say that I'm quite happy being single being myself again even if I had suffered some terrible losses recently, but even then I do of course wish that I could eventually find a partner who could be with me and fully support me in my weirdness as I happen to be a romantic (hermit) too. I don't expect that nor do I really put myself out there, but I am open for whatever life might present to me. Of course asking for help might always help as you say. Our beliefs, thought and intentions matter and they do create our reality.
    Last edited by Wind, 27th October 2020 at 19:33.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2020), Chris (28th October 2020), Dreamtimer (28th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The solitary living has been hard on many. Friends and family have commented on this.

Many people I know, couples and families, not just single folk, have adopted dogs during the pandemic.
    I would, but since I live in a tiny flat and spend most of the day at work, it doesn't make any sense for me.

I just hijack other people's dogs whenever I can for now...

Fortunately my sister has plenty on her farm and she trains them professionally, so there's always plenty to choose from.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That is a nice story and also it's a good message! Love can be such a beautiful thing.

For the longest time I thought I wouldn't be someone who could be a in relationship and that I was doomed to be alone and I had already accepted that fate, yet destiny had different ideas for me. That relationship ended this year and served as a lesson for me through a lot of pain (it wasn't all that), now I'm single again. That's what all spiritual growth is about.

I'd say that I'm quite happy being single being myself again even if I had suffered some terrible losses recently, but even then I do of course wish that I could eventually find a partner who could be with me and fully support me in my weirdness as I happen to be a romantic (hermit) too. I don't expect that nor do I really put myself out there, but I am open for whatever life might present to me. Of course asking for help might always help as you say. Our beliefs, thought and intentions matter and they do create our reality.
    Well, one thing I've learnt about Finnish girls is that they are quite proactive and tend to take charge when they meet a guy they like, so I doubt you'll stay single for long...

This was also the case with my current GF, she was the one who came over and made an effort to get to know me, not the other way round.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th October 2020), Dreamtimer (28th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    I've heard that about Finnish women. Scandinavian women in general. I know a Scottish guy who was loving all the attention when he went to Scandinavian countries.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th October 2020), Chris (28th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    My girlfriend wasn't Finnish, in fact I've never dated a Finnish girl.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th October 2020), Chris (29th October 2020), Dreamtimer (29th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    My girlfriend wasn't Finnish, in fact I've never dated a Finnish girl.
    Your liver will thank you for that!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th October 2020), Dreamtimer (29th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    People sure love their beer and alcohol here.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th October 2020), Dreamtimer (29th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020)