Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nature of Consciousness

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    yes, very true, but that is a human peccadillo. Studies indicate that people don't change with age ... their 'attitude' is the same at 7, 14, 21, 28 ... etc. On rethinking that it seemed strange to me, but then I realized it was probably true, we don't change, we evolve.
    Some might devolve too. Maybe that can explain why some people also stay as "toddlers" emotionally as adults.

I am probably still too young to talk about aging, but I know how things have been for me. I am not as a person the same as I was even two years ago, much has happened. Then even more so within the past four or five years, let alone ten years. Yet the essence of "me" is still very much the same as when I was a young boy. If my brain would shut down now and would not receive the consciousness from my soul or higher self, then it would only be the end for this body and perhaps personality too. Which is me, but it's only like a part for the soul to play. The soul or consciousness has gained all those experiences throughout time and it is what it is, the personality of the human being is it's own thing too. The soul is a combination of many experiences or lives, if you will. It has grown and evolved that way.
    Last edited by Wind, 23rd May 2022 at 14:56.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2022), Dreamtimer (24th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2022), Gio (23rd May 2022)

Thanks
    Give this podcast a listen if this subject matter interests you in any way. It's long so I have been listening it in parts too. As Rupert says, a true scientist is like a mystic is, a person who is seeking the truth about this reality. To me there's hardly anything more interesting than understanding what concsciousness is, what we are. What the Creator is, that is to say the Truth. About everything, existence. Of us.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWLd9y1MG4c

Rupert Spira is a teacher of the "direct path"-method of spiritual self-enquiry, and a world renowned expert on non-dualism.

Exploring theoretical physics, consciousness, Ai, and God in a technically rigorous manner.

My name's Curt Jaimungal, a Torontonian with a degree in mathematical physics from the University of Toronto and I analyze various Theories of Everything from this analytic perspective, though more and more opening up to alternative approaches. The separating factor of TOE from other podcasts is its focus on depth even at the risk of limiting the audience due to how much detail we delve into subjects. Paralleling the intensity found in academic discourse, we're increasingly embracing a spectrum of unconventional ideas to conduct research during this podcast, rather than merely conveying existing information.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd January 2024), Emil El Zapato (3rd January 2024), Gio (3rd January 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Give this podcast a listen if this subject matter interests you in any way. It's long so I have been listening it in parts too. As Rupert says, a true scientist is like a mystic is, a person who is seeking the truth about this reality. To me there's hardly anything more interesting than understanding what concsciousness is, what we are. What the Creator is, that is to say the Truth. About everything, existence. Of us.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWLd9y1MG4c
    Mr. Curt is indeed a good source of 'enlightenment'

I thought this would be interesting to know about the Chinese culture: For a century or two one of the products of the steppe folks (Mongols) 'owned' North and South China and treated them with get this (as racialized others). Anyway, The Mongols who slaughtered the last person that stood in their way became top-heavy with corruption and started to lose their grip on the Chinese land and culture, but as that was happening many internal rebellions were taking place among the Chinese peasants (~in the 14th century) but the most determined were followers of Buddhism (which had morphed from the source Indian variety) which were heavily invested in the 2nd coming of Buddha...a.k.a. The Maitreya. Sort of familiar sounding name so it may have been bandied about here on the forum.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd January 2024), Wind (3rd January 2024)

Thanks
    Bernardo Kastrup and Rupert Sheldrake: The Nature of the Cosmic Mind, with Jonas Atlas

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1U7Cw4XV0

Both Rupert and Bernardo Kastrup are outspoken critics of mechanical materialism. They share a strong focus on questions about consciousness and its relation to the formation of reality. While their ideas exhibit considerable overlap, there are also apparent divergences. Yet, surprisingly, they have not engaged in a public discussion about some of their core interests. That is why Jonas Atlas thought it would be a good idea to bring them together for a hosted dialogue. He sensed that such an exchange could cast a new light on age-old philosophical debates. For example, Bernardo is a strong proponent of idealism, while Rupert often presents a more trinitarian view of existence. This difference (or is it perhaps similarity?) provided a good starting point for a deep discussion on the nature of the cosmic mind. As the conversation unfolded, exploring the inherent consciousness underlying all reality in its deepest depths and highest heights, they both reinforced and nuanced each other’s perspectives. The result is a thought-provoking dialogue about various insights that philosophy, theology, and science have to offer about the divine essence of existence.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th January 2024), Emil El Zapato (8th January 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Bernardo Kastrup and Rupert Sheldrake: The Nature of the Cosmic Mind, with Jonas Atlas

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1U7Cw4XV0
    Good Stuff, Wind!

Grow a car? Now that would be very weird and cool at the same time.
    If some cultures see the Sun as a male god and some see it as a female goddess, I wonder if that suggests it is not now or has it ever been either?
    I do wonder if it could accurately be said that the Sun has the physical complexity that the human brain does. I don't think so actually. As RS said, morphogenesis begins with 'reproductive' success, but on that note, there are plenty of suns around. Hmmm...and a big yuk yuk!
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 8th January 2024 at 13:11.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th January 2024), Wind (8th January 2024)