Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: Common Sense Corner

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    There's no excuse for being surprised. The information has been out there for years.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2022)

Thanks
    "Probably the most poignant freudian slip in American history."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There's no excuse for being surprised. The information has been out there for years.

Enjoyed his feelings and thoughts DT, the arrogant appear to be ummm arrogant lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    "Probably the most poignant freudian slip in American history."

That's why I consider myself a conservationist. I don't water my lawn or my car ... My neighbor hates me because my lawn looks better than his. The power of positive thinking works every time, of course, a generous dollop of cluelessness does wonders, too.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (22nd May 2022)

Thanks
    Beau talks about Cawthorn's 'dark mega' message. He mentions using time stamps in searches to find stories about that idea before his 'statement'. (which kinda sounds like a manifesto)

"If you really want to get a handle on things before story building got involved."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2022)

Thanks
    Starting at 5:40 Beau points to various folks who were saying, "Hey, this is fascism."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2022)

Thanks
    Fascy Fashion sucks folks. If we don't err on the side of egalitarianism we all lose. The billionaires already think they're better than the rest of us. We don't need to give them free reign.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (25th May 2022)

Thanks
    Trump using the inflammatory language of Civil War? Well, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise".

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (25th May 2022)

Thanks
    Guns are everywhere. Pandora's box has been opened. Banning or taking certain kinds of guns would take too long. Logistically, it's impossible to take/collect the guns for any meaningful result. There are simply too many.

Look at the person behind the firearms. 60% of the people involved in mass shootings have connections to domestic violence. Cruelty to animals is a big tell. We can figure this stuff out. We're not idiots. The laws on the books have big loopholes. Huge. Big League.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (27th May 2022), Fred Steeves (27th May 2022), Gio (1st June 2022), Wind (27th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Guns are everywhere. Pandora's box has been opened. Banning or taking certain kinds of guns would take too long. Logistically, it's impossible to take/collect the guns for any meaningful result. There are simply too many.

Look at the person behind the firearms. 60% of the people involved in mass shootings have connections to domestic violence. Cruelty to animals is a big tell. We can figure this stuff out. We're not idiots. The laws on the books have big loopholes. Huge. Big League.

Justin's on the right track here. His idea of keeping the sale of guns from wife beaters would be a step in the right direction of keeping them out of the hands of people who should never have them.

The problem with that though, is that there's an estimated 390 million guns out there already, if someone wants a gun bad enough they're gonna get one (just look at Chicago), same as an 8 ball of cocaine if so desired. If you want it you can get it no matter how illegal it is.

I don't pretend to know the answer... maybe it's some systemic separation from Spirit in this country? I suspect things like psychotropic drugs may play a part especially with the kids. If there were no guns that would solve it but that's not going to happen.

Dunno, but I at least tip my hat to Justin for thinking way more out of the box than our dim witted politicians. His ideas would work going forward, and they would work it would be a start, but by this point I'm afraid they would only be slapping a band aid over a sucking chest wound.

One thing I do know however is what won't work. Justin talks about confiscation taking too long, that may well be true but it would never get that far. All the rumblings about another U.S. civil war? There would be your huckleberry for getting that train a rollin, it's just looking for the right spark and that would do. Uncle Sam may even get 2/3 of them without all that much trouble, but getting the remaining 100-130 million would be like trying to get the Japanese out of Iwo Jima. It could be done with an all out assault, but there would be hell to pay.

It's a big problem...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st June 2022), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2022), Gio (1st June 2022), Wind (27th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Justin's on the right track here. His idea of keeping the sale of guns from wife beaters would be a step in the right direction of keeping them out of the hands of people who should never have them.

The problem with that though, is that there's an estimated 390 million guns out there already, if someone wants a gun bad enough they're gonna get one (just look at Chicago), same as an 8 ball of cocaine if so desired. If you want it you can get it no matter how illegal it is.

I don't pretend to know the answer... maybe it's some systemic separation from Spirit in this country? I suspect things like psychotropic drugs may play a part especially with the kids. If there were no guns that would solve it but that's not going to happen.

Dunno, but I at least tip my hat to Justin for thinking way more out of the box than our dim witted politicians. His ideas would work going forward, and they would work it would be a start, but by this point I'm afraid they would only be slapping a band aid over a sucking chest wound.

One thing I do know however is what won't work. Justin talks about confiscation taking too long, that may well be true but it would never get that far. All the rumblings about another U.S. civil war? There would be your huckleberry for getting that train a rollin, it's just looking for the right spark and that would do. Uncle Sam may even get 2/3 of them without all that much trouble, but getting the remaining 100-130 million would be like trying to get the Japanese out of Iwo Jima. It could be done with an all out assault, but there would be hell to pay.

It's a big problem...
    Ever heard of trafficking? Most guns in Mexico originated in the U.S. Guns flow easily across state borders. Chicago doesn't get its gun from Illinois or any state that has gun laws that would have been in effect in the 1800's.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st June 2022), Gio (1st June 2022), Wind (27th May 2022)

Thanks
    I still don't get the desire for Civil war. It's nuts. What do you think has fueled it beyond the ridiculous propaganda designed to get folks all worked up over right which are never going to be lost? The forces behind dividing America are self-serving, no doubt. But their own stability is in question when folks want to start shooting their fellow Americans over a bunch of stuff which is more than half-baked.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (1st June 2022), Gio (1st June 2022), Wind (1st June 2022)

Thanks
    Looks like other countries are tired of waiting on America. They're going to take action and initiative themselves. Since we've been going backwards here, I'm not surprised.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    What is it with gamers? They gotta get off their high horses.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (8th June 2022)

Thanks
    This is one of Beau's videos addressing the most recent Republican Convention. At that convention they put forth a resolution to proclaim that Biden is not the legitimate president. This as it's already public knowledge that Trump lost, his claims are bogus, and he knows they're bogus. After Republicans from his Administration have stated plainly that they knew he lost and that his efforts to overturn the election were wrong.

This is right out of 1984. Ironically, something Republicas have loved to quote, again and again and again. Turns out that when you use something as a taking point, you have no real understanding of the meaning. Nor care.

Beau literally reads passages from the book and compares them to how Republicans are acting. They make stuff up out of whole cloth. And the party members are expected to go along.

Dan Crenshaw was not welcomed at the convention. He was even met with physical altercations. And he's a stolid conservative.

Which, of course, does't matter now. It's just the party line, no matter what.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (20th June 2022)