Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Sense Corner

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    that's for sure ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (11th October 2020), Elen (12th October 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The usual political distancing won't work this time.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (12th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th October 2020)

Thanks
    Beau mentions right off the bat voting down-ballot.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itCkHc6EdS8

I wonder how many of his listeners whom he's responding directly to actually even know who Jorgensen is.

People say, "I don't want to throw away my vote on a third party." Beau points out that it's no better voting for a letter.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (14th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2020)

Thanks
    "She couldn't answer. She couldn't answer."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (15th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Very important point he's making.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2020)

Thanks
    This voter exercises common sense in his analysis. 400 million in loans is a dangerous position for a President to be in. He's vulnerable to pressure from those he owe's.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (16th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (15th October 2020)

Thanks
    Apparently there was an exhaustive investigation to determine the 'source' of Golden one's money. The investigators couldn't track it. Talk about Deepstate. that state is pretty deep.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th October 2020), Elen (16th October 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Trump is a gangster and a conman. Weird thing is, he absolutely stinks at both. When I hear how one of his talent is as a conman, it makes me LOL. He is so transparently lying. It's not that he's so good at it, its that his base is so profoundly stupid, low EQ, and easily duped.

And if he was a better gangster, he wouldn't owe 400 million, or whatever the exact number is.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th October 2020), Elen (16th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (15th October 2020), Wind (16th October 2020)

Thanks
    "Mr. Rogers showed more courage than anyone in the Trump Administration."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PubsTRMtTc

"Y'all need to keep Mr. Rogers' name out your mouth."

(y'all = Trump admin)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (17th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2020)

Thanks
    "Nobody has to provide the infrastructure for your product. It's up to you."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (17th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    "She couldn't answer. She couldn't answer."

he is showing some stuff here ...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2020), Elen (18th October 2020)

Thanks
    My kinda guy ...

Why I put down the gun and picked up the pen
    by Justin King • August 22, 2017

(TFC) – I was laying in bed and it was early morning. There was a knock at the door. “There’s the feds,” I said and rolled over to look out the window. There were a few local cop cars and the fed SUVs. I had known this was coming since the night before. I also knew they didn’t have a warrant for the location I was at. It didn’t really matter, though. I couldn’t stay inside forever. I walked out the door. “Officers, Agents.” I nodded with the most arrogant grin I could muster. I started counting badge types. There were a lot of agencies involved in this. “Want some coffee?” When they accepted the offer, I figured I had a shot. Maybe they didn’t really have anything? We sat on the porch, so they didn’t get access to the home and they tried to convince me to “help myself”, I tried to find out exactly what I was about to be hit with. By the time the pot of coffee was finished, we both knew we weren’t getting what we wanted. The agent told me he was placing me under arrest. In a small act of humanity, he moved me behind the SUV so my family wouldn’t see me cuffed. That was ten years ago today.

I waited in jail and met my attorney. Eventually, I was hit with a massive indictment with close to thirty counts for my alleged role in an international smuggling ring. We pleaded not guilty and took the case to trial. I sat in the courtroom and watched facts get twisted, lies be told, truth be proven a lie, and lies be proven true. I watched my alleged co-conspirators, some of whom I once considered friends, testify against me. The whole time, I sat and remained silent watching the wheels of justice crush out a narrative. I became a Zen master. What occurred around me was beyond my control. Every other witness presented a new prognosis. Was I doing 20 years? Walking out a free man? Who knew? By the end, I’m not sure I even cared. I had certain goals my attorney was aware of, and they had been met early on. At this point, if I fell on my sword, I fell. My attorney was able to get some charges thrown out, but by the end of the trial, a jury of twelve people who had been misled by the standard proceedings of a courtroom for a few days reached a verdict. I was found guilty on five or six counts, I honestly can’t remember and don’t care enough to look it up. In the federal system though, only the most severe charge matters, all other sentences would run concurrently. In this case, that was an Alien Smuggling charge. Given the number of aliens we expected the government to claim were smuggled, I was looking at somewhere between 37 and 46 months. I said nothing at my sentencing. I simply stood at parade rest and waited. My attorney advised me to expect between 39 and 43 months because the judge had a habit of sentencing right in the middle of the guidelines. He was right. I was given 41 months. I was ok with this, almost relieved. I never cooperated and never took a deal. With 15% off for good conduct and six months of halfway house I could expect to be out in as little as 29 months. It took a little longer than that, but never let it be said I can’t take a joke.

People always ask what prison is like. It’s like anything else. It’s whatever you make of it. Prison is an interesting place, nothing outside of it matters; past or present. It’s lonely. It’s a thinking man’s hell. It is depressing. Even in federal prison, which tends to attract a more intelligent clientele, it’s hard to find stimulating conversation. You’re alone with your thoughts. Me? I thought about what I was going to do over the next ten years. One of those things was getting involved in independent media and get to the point where I could bring new ideas to the forefront, maybe even make a difference.

Prior to prison, I was obviously anti-authoritarian and a radical, but I kept it hidden for the most part. After prison, I had no need to hide it. In many ways, the federal court system created the activist and journalist you know today. They forced me to take the time to analyze and create a plan. Before, I was an anarchist and I was a militant, but I tried to work within their system. This was especially true considering I was a military contractor and security consultant. I’m not going to address the conspiracy theories other than to say, no, I don’t work for an intelligence agency, but yes, that’s me in that photo taken around 2005. I’ll also say I wasn’t “at a meeting” with one of the most notorious US Intelligence officials in history, I was providing his security. You’re welcome. You should get some clicks off that statement.

People often point out that you don’t just wake up one morning and become implicated in an international alien smuggling operation. That’s true. I’ve got a backstory to my backstory. I’m not going to talk about every job I ever took or every company I ever worked for. My reasoning is simple: I said I wouldn’t. I’ve been to some dark places figuratively, literally, and in my own mind. I’ve got demons. I think most people do.

I also think many people let those past actions and demons define them and what they think they are capable of accomplishing. They allow them to limit them when they could be the reason to get up in the morning. In the early 2000s, I never would have predicted I would even be alive today. I was leading a double life, my closest friends who weren’t in the game had no clue what I did. I think some of them thought I was drug dealer, which is funny because I don’t even take aspirin. Hell, I’m not even sure what some of my family believes is true or false. All of these things, and the things that are too dark for a Tuesday morning article, are what make me effective.

The person who convinced me to write this today did so by saying he didn’t much care for me, but he liked that I was consistent. That consistency comes from my past. Why am I so consistent in my opposition to ethnic cleansing? Because I’ve seen it. I know people whose entire family tree was wiped out. Why do I refuse to let refugees become the scapegoat? Because I’ve been with them the first time they walked into a Walmart. It’s really hard to demonize someone who tears up because of the abundance of food. Why am I so adamant about the right of people to fight any government not of their choosing? Because I’ve seen what governments do. All over the world, you can see people doing unspeakable things, behaving as monsters. As a monster in recovery, I can tell you they only do them because some authority has told them it’s legal or it’s their duty. It’s almost never a person committing a great evil. It’s a tool of the ruling parties acting out a policy of the governing body. You can have peace with all people, but only if you have war with all governments.

People do things for all sorts of reasons. It could be monetary, religious, a need to feed an addiction, maybe their ego. I’ve always found the most dedicated people are those who are motivated by their personal experiences. They’re often trying to right a wrong or make up for something. I know many fellow penitent foot soldiers of the empire. Their motivations are most often dark, and they’re most likely kept secret.

The other reason I agreed to write this today is as an explanation to our readers. I set out to accomplish a series of things ten years ago. The checklist is complete. I’m going to take some time to plan out the next ten years, so expect fewer articles for a week or so.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2020), Elen (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Here's a lady using a great deal of common sense.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (19th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2020)

Thanks
    An inadvertent good is only good for a short term...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA0x7Ul_t7M

"They're out there playing G.I. Joe Dress-up." "If you look like me, just smile and wave."

"Donatello. The one that built stuff."

Answer to the best advice he ever got: "You're not gonna make it."
    That's very interesting to me because my Dad was voted in High School "least likely to achieve" and he was in fact quit successful. It was a great motivator to him.

Trade magazines: "You can find out a lot of information about various things...it's a good place to get a lot of information that does not show up in mainstream news."

Smart and common sense, that.

What's the worst thing you think Trump will do if he wins a second term? "Take a third term."

I might possibly be able to complete with Beau in terms of t-shirt numbers. I also don't know how many I have. I have a full dresser drawer as well as boxes/clothes bags, as well as a selection to be made into a t-shirt quilt.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (19th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (21st October 2020)

Thanks
    A football game and a Pulitzer in Photography:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9wx6df5ZaM

It is true that the Executive Branch is taking too much power. It cannot do so unilaterally. It can only do so if one of the other branches is weak. Cue Republican House under Bush and Senate under Trump.

They hold equal responsibility.

But the preponderance belongs to the American People. Each person who sat back, let it happen, and said that their vote didn't matter.

Because that's exactly what the bastards wanted.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (21st October 2020), Emil El Zapato (21st October 2020)