Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24249505152

Thread: The movie trailer thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    This is a bogus 'rare' video showing the real Columbia disaster, what is bogus is that it wasn't an explosion, it was a literal meltdown to a loss of aerodynamic worthiness. I just saw a commercial featuring a 4-part series on CNN. It is called "Space Shuttle Columbia, The Final Flight". I saw two people I worked with in the 'White' room or the 'Blue' room but I can't remember now. One was dedicated to Shuttle missions, the other to the International Space Station.

Remember this name: "Bill Foster", the first but the most pronounced prick I worked with when I joined the 'Manned Flight Program'. My first conversation with him had one memorable moment, he remarked that 'he would never have hired me". He always ensured he was front and center of the camera during any launch and mission. I don't know how anybody could have tolerated that fool but he kept going. In truth, a 'normal' person was the anomalous finding in that environment.

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th March 2024), Wind (22nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Have you guys ever seen Watchmen? If not, then watch it. It's still possibly the best superhero movie ever made. Yeah yeah, it's dark and grim. The original comic is written by a genius level writer Alan Moore who also wrote V For Vendetta among other things. As a teen I was very much into comics and I read both of those comics before the movies came out. I loved the comics and I loved the movies. Unfortunately I think they are still quite relevant. V for Vendetta I saw when I was 15 and I read the comic before it, it left a permanent impression on my young mind. About fascist governments and revolutionary figures. Then I read Watchmen and saw the movie when I was 18. The movie was very loyal to the comic, but they changed one thing in the end and for the better, but of course I won't spoil that.

It has a great cast of characters. I never really could take the superhero genre very seriously, I thought most "supernatural" or superpowerful people were boring. The comic superhero characters I really liked were Batman, Wolverine and Spiderman. Spiderman not as much, but I still liked him too. Some sense of realism there. Wolverine of course has adamantium skeleton and it's nearly impossible to kill him due to his superhuman regeneration ability of damaged tissue. The "superhero" I really liked was a Texas ranger called Tex Willer who was a crackshot and a very fair, but deadly lawman with powerful fists. Americans might not know it because it's an European comic.

In Watchmen there are great memorable characters such as the complex once human Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach who is sociopathic vigilante with a mask, kinda like Batman without the restraints. The Comedian is not a good guy and the genius Adrian Veidt is a vain super rich guy with a bloated ego. Nite Owl, well I suppose he's a good guy. The movie takes place in the alternative mid 80's.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pBVXfReA4

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAST139RPCo

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pjvrxoo9Gw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglmbroElU0
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd March 2024), Emil El Zapato (22nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Have you guys ever seen Watchmen? If not, then watch it. It's still possibly the best superhero movie ever made. Yeah yeah, it's dark and grim. The original comic is written by a genius level writer Alan Moore who also wrote V For Vendetta among other things. As a teen I was very much into comics and I read both of those comics before the movies came out. I loved the comics and I loved the movies. Unfortunately I think they are still quite relevant. V for Vendetta I saw when I was 15 and I read the comic before it, it left a permanent impression on my young mind. About fascist governments and revolutionary figures. Then I read Watchmen and saw the movie when I was 18. The movie was very loyal to the comic, but they changed one thing in the end and for the better, but of course I won't spoil that.

It has a great cast of characters. I never really could take the superhero genre very seriously, I thought most "supernatural" or superpowerful people were boring. The comic superhero characters I really liked were Batman, Wolverine and Spiderman. Spiderman not as much, but I still liked him too. Some sense of realism there. Wolverine of course has adamantium skeleton and it's nearly impossible to kill him due to his superhuman regeneration ability of damaged tissue. The "superhero" I really liked was a Texas ranger called Tex Willer who was a crackshot and a very fair, but deadly lawman with powerful fists. Americans might not know it because it's an European comic.

In Watchmen there are great memorable characters such as the complex once human Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach who is sociopathic vigilante with a mask, kinda like Batman without the restraints. The Comedian is not a good guy and the genius Adrian Veidt is a vain super rich guy with a bloated ego. Nite Owl, well I suppose he's a good guy. The movie takes place in the alternative mid 80's.
    Yeah, it was good and I don't think they ever did a sequel. The one disturbing thing about the movie to me was the humongous dong that was flopping around way too much in the movie.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd March 2024), Wind (22nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Emil El Zapato View Post
    Yeah, it was good and I don't think they ever did a sequel. The one disturbing thing about the movie to me was the humongous dong that was flopping around way too much in the movie.
    Of course you Americans would be bothered about the dong instead of the heavy violence.

They did make a series, but I'm not that interested anymore in seeing it. Maybe it's good.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd March 2024), Emil El Zapato (22nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Of course you Americans would be bothered about the dong instead of the heavy violence.

They did make a series, but I'm not that interested anymore in seeing it. Maybe it's good.
    lol, I loved the violence...it was extremely well done...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd March 2024), Wind (22nd March 2024)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Emil El Zapato View Post
    lol, I loved the violence...it was extremely well done...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU-IqbTvKjE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2024)

Thanks
    lol, jeeeezzzzz

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2024), Wind (22nd March 2024)

Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2024), Wind (23rd March 2024)

Thanks

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th March 2024), Wind (24th March 2024)