Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Near-death experiences

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Indeed. John speaks of the muslims calling Jeshua the prophet Issa.

I normally wouldn't be terribly interested as I've always wanted to focus on the teachings, i.e. Golden Rule, rather than on the man.

Since this guy John is someone I knew, I find it extra fascinating. He speaks of Jesus being very dark skinned but having blue eyes which is unusual for the area. John has a painting on his website that he did.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th December 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th December 2021), Wind (27th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I do believe he went to India and also to Egypt as he was initiated into Christhood in the sarcophagus at the "King's chamber".

He and his flock were part of the essenes. He as a highly self-realized avatar showed us "the way".

The Edgar Cayce readings give a unique and fascinating look into the group that prepared the way for the coming of the Christ.

Those referred to in the Cayce readings as Essenes were the outgrowth of the
    periods of preparations from the teachings by Melchizedek as propagated by Elijah and
    other prophets for three hundred years. Their purpose was to set themselves aside to
    offer themselves to be in the direct line of choice for the coming of the promised one –
    the Messiah. They were preparing for and expecting this event, thus the name Essene
    means expectancy. Though there were different sects of Essenes, the Cayce readings
    focus on a particular group established by Elijah called the School of the Prophets
    situated on Mt. Carmel.

Their studies included astrology, numerology, the return of individuals or
    reincarnation, and phrenology [the study of character analysis related to configurations of
    the skull]. They emphasized purity of body and mind, certain diets and communing with
    universal forces as expressed in nature. The use of intuition and the development of
    psychic ability was encouraged. Attention was given to dreams, visions and psychic
    experiences. They accepted both Jews and Gentiles.

Men and women were considered as equals within the order even to the extent
    that a woman, Judy (reading 1472), was chosen as head of the Brotherhood at the time
    just preceding the entrance of the Messiah. She had been trained at the School of the
    Prophets and was a prophetess. Although the focus was on the Essenes at Carmel,
    another group was mentioned that was located on the way above Emmaus that “goeth
    down towards Jericho” on the northern coast from Jerusalem [Qumran?]. A woman
    named Eloise (reading 1391), who had been trained at the School of the Prophets, was in
    charge of that community.

The Essenes knew from astrology and from observing the signs in the heavens
    (the relation of Polaris to the southern clouds) that this was the beginning of a new cycle
    – the Piscean age. Twelve maidens, young children of which Mary was one, were chosen
    to represent each of the tribes of Israel. These little girls went through very strict training
    for a number of years. A beautiful description is given as to how Mary was designated
    by an angel as the chosen one when she was about twelve years old. Mary’s further
    training, betrothal and marriage took place at Carmel.

The events at the inn in Bethlehem are very different from those which have
    previously been presented. The inn keeper and his family were Essenes and were aware
    of what was to take place. The readings give a beautiful and inspiring account of this
    event.

After the birth, when Joseph knew it was necessary for the family to go into
    Egypt, the Brotherhood prepared the way. The family traveled only at night. Their stay
    was near Alexandria. Mary and Josie studied in the library of Alexandria all the
    prophecies that had been given concerning the birth of Jesus. Josie was the maiden
    chosen by the Brotherhood to assist Mary and the child. When it was safe to return, after
    about four and one half years, the family went to Capernaum, where Jesus later began His
    ministry.

Jesus developed as a normal child. He was taught by Mary and Josie in the home,
    and by Judy, head of the Essenes, at Carmel. He was trained in the tenets of the
    Brotherhood as well as in Mosaic law and in ancient teachings of the east from Persia,
    India and Egypt.

Judy determined where Jesus would travel and study. In His teens, He first went
    to Persia, then to India and finally to an Essene school in Egypt. Jesus remained in Egypt
    until His final initiation in the Great Pyramid in the same rites as were set 10,500 years
    previously during the time of Ra Ta in Egypt. Then Jesus returned to Palestine and was
    baptized by His cousin, John, who had also trained in Egypt and was initiated in the
    Pyramid. John had returned before Jesus to prepare the way for Him.

The Essenes continued during Jesus’ lifetime but how long after that is not given.
    Though their purpose had been fulfilled with the coming of the Master, the School of the
    Prophets may have remained as a school to study the tenets and practices of the
    Brotherhood and the teachings of the east.

The Master came when the cycle changed to the Piscean age. This is the
    beginning of a new cycle, the Aquarian age. It is prophesied that He will come again in
    this age, not as one born but will appear in the flesh to walk and talk with those of every
    clime. We can be present day Essenes to help hasten that day by practicing kindness,
    mercy, patience, the fruits of the spirit and by living that which Jesus taught-- to love God
    with all your heart, and your neighbor as yourself. We must seek to know Him within
    our own hearts before we may expect to know Him when He walks the earth again in the
    flesh to call His own by name.
    What happened to him eventually and did he actually have a family? That's another story...

"The truths taught by Jesus went far beyond blind belief, which waxes and wanes under the influence of the paradoxical pronouncements of priest and cynic. Belief is an initial stage of spiritual progress necessary to receive the concept of God. But that concept has to be transposed into conviction, into experience. Belief is the precursor of conviction; one has to believe a thing in order to investigate equitably about it. But if one is satisfied only with belief, it becomes dogma—narrow-mindedness, a preclusion of truth and spiritual progress. What is necessary is to grow, in the soil of belief, the harvest of direct experience and contact of God. That indisputable realization, not mere belief, is what saves people.”

"Christ is God’s Infinite Intelligence that is present in all creation. The Infinite Christ is the “only begotten son” of God the Father, the only pure Reflection of Spirit in the created realm. That Universal Intelligence, the Kutastha Chaitanya or Krishna Consciousness of the Hindu scriptures, was fully manifested in the incarnation of Jesus, Krishna, and other divine ones; and it can be manifested also in your consciousness."

~ Paramahansa Yogananda, The Yoga of Jesus
    Last edited by Wind, 27th December 2021 at 19:26.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th December 2021), Dreamtimer (27th December 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th December 2021)

Thanks
    According to John's memories, Mary was not pregnant. They did not have a child. After Jesus' death Mary's family came to get her.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th December 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th December 2021), Wind (27th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    According to John's memories, Mary was not pregnant. They did not have a child. After Jesus' death Mary's family came to get her.
    They had three children ─ two daughters and a son. After Yeshua's death Mary Magdalene and her eldest daughter, Sara, traveled to Europe, accompanied by Mary's uncle, Joseph of Arimathea. They ended up in the South of France. It is said that Mary and Joseph then traveled farther north and ended up in Scotland, while Sara stayed in France.

But then again, it is difficult to ascertain the veracity of it all. It all happened two millennia ago, with barely any written records available, and everyone knows that all of that history was thoroughly rewritten at the Council of Nicaea in the 4th century, of which it was the intent to create a unified religion for the whole of the Roman Empire. Books were thrown together and partly rewritten so as to synchronize their narratives, stuff was omitted that told another narrative, and so on.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (27th December 2021), Wind (27th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I do believe he went to India and also to Egypt as he was initiated into Christhood in the sarcophagus at the "King's chamber".

He and his flock were part of the essenes. He as a highly self-realized avatar showed us "the way".

What happened to him eventually and did he actually have a family? That's another story...

"The truths taught by Jesus went far beyond blind belief, which waxes and wanes under the influence of the paradoxical pronouncements of priest and cynic. Belief is an initial stage of spiritual progress necessary to receive the concept of God. But that concept has to be transposed into conviction, into experience. Belief is the precursor of conviction; one has to believe a thing in order to investigate equitably about it. But if one is satisfied only with belief, it becomes dogma—narrow-mindedness, a preclusion of truth and spiritual progress. What is necessary is to grow, in the soil of belief, the harvest of direct experience and contact of God. That indisputable realization, not mere belief, is what saves people.”

"Christ is God’s Infinite Intelligence that is present in all creation. The Infinite Christ is the “only begotten son” of God the Father, the only pure Reflection of Spirit in the created realm. That Universal Intelligence, the Kutastha Chaitanya or Krishna Consciousness of the Hindu scriptures, was fully manifested in the incarnation of Jesus, Krishna, and other divine ones; and it can be manifested also in your consciousness."

~ Paramahansa Yogananda, The Yoga of Jesus
    I think John the Baptist, Jesus' cousin, might have been an Essene ... not sure about Jesus followers as Essenes, but they would have been attracted to his 'true' message.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th December 2021), Dreamtimer (27th December 2021), Wind (27th December 2021)

Thanks
    This one is fun. John was dead for seven minutes. While on the other side he learned all about lives, how they're planned, the many planetary choices available and the particular difficulties of life on earth.

This was a good testimony and that's a good channel. "There's absolutely every reason to be hopeful."

In the spirit world we're always in our 30's, funny. I suppose that's when the soul age shines the most, around age 33.

I don't usually have the patience or time to watch such long videos, but they're just so captivating to listen and I have gone trough them in parts.

These were good ones too. I love what they talk about love and that being the reason for our existence. Humanity is still on a kindergarten level when it comes to spiritual development. There is so much unnecessary suffering here and it has been chosen as part of the experience, but it just seems insane that time, money and resources are focused on such atrocious things such as warfare and military industry to destroy the other selves meaning our own self, because on a fundamental level we are all one and connected. What kind of a sane being would want to harm another living, feeling being who is just like themselves? It makes no sense. Only free will and ignorance about the truth makes evil possible.

As John Lennon said; "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."

The Creator has just chosen to separate It/Her/Him to many different parts meaning us individual souls with our own experiences.

The ego is the separator and also it has became insane on this level it seems. There is too much "mind" as they say, not enough wisdom of the heart-space. Intellect is a good tool, but it can't solve all of the problems we face, it might only create even more. The intellect can also never grasp the Creator, it always tries to define it in some box, but once you put a label on the Infinite you are doing it a disservice. Mental concepts and words couldn't possibly do justice for something like that.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUj_Q-DzgPo

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMmWHVB2Jxs
    Last edited by Wind, 6th January 2022 at 14:42.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th January 2022), Dreamtimer (7th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (6th January 2022)

Thanks
    I'd listened to two of the three you posted, Wind. Good choices. I liked John's tour of the other side. There are lots of Greco-Roman structures, a huge library as I've heard described by others, and I found his account of castles to be quite fascinating. There are castles like those built on earth and you can learn all about the ruling family and life around the castle as it was.

I'm looking forward to hearing the atheist doctor speak about his experience.

Thanks for sharing.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

Thanks
    I listened to a bunch of them, including this one. This dude then again seemed to have even more wild experiences and got some abilities and kundalini awakening after his experience, but perhaps that was all part of his souls destiny all along. You might find it interesting that he mentioned seeing the near future and it would be completely different from what we have now. So what on Earth did he see?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSneXxQ6v8
    Last edited by Wind, 8th January 2022 at 12:56.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th January 2022), Dreamtimer (28th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2022)

Thanks
    This post is for BOB. You mentioned in another post the commonality amongst many NDE experiencers pointing to love as the only thing that matters.

It's not trite. Don't you worry. It's like the Golden Rule. Simple but terribly difficult. It's really hard to love those who wrong you or do hateful things. If you can love them, not only do you elevate yourself, you defuse the energy of hate.

Love continues on it's own, but hate needs fuel. It will die without it. And so the forces of hate work overtime, all the time.

But you and I and all of us have the power to overcome that with love. And love has great power. I think, after a while, you will be able to feel it and might be less angered by the fuckery which surrounds. you.

Just a thought...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2022), Wind (28th January 2022)

Thanks
    Some days I miss my dog so very much, but I am glad to know that he is being happy on the other side.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNdj-W0ZH4

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th January 2022), Dreamtimer (29th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2022), Fred Steeves (28th January 2022)

Thanks

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2022), Dreamtimer (4th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2022)

Thanks
    "He wants me to do that trick where you like burp out sounds and it's like in a code so he can know something." That's epic. I just love that description!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2022), Wind (4th February 2022)

Thanks
    I'm gonna adopt a phrase now. Time to go burp out some code!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2022), Wind (4th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I'm gonna adopt a phrase now. Time to go burp out some code!
    I'm curious about what happens to those that never had an 'us'? I found out some bio family line stuff a couple of months ago. It turns out my grandfather on my paternal side had the same last name as my adopted family. My younger adopted brother who we were told growing up was a half-brother but the DNA test said no has a common cousin with me descended from the same line. It was good news for us as it re-established to some degree our familial connection.

I'm also curious if a trained medical or psychiatric professional has ever reported their own NDE.

Have you seen the 'Shack'. I read the book a few years ago prompted by a friend and co-worker and then watched the movie a while back. It's moving.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2022), Dreamtimer (5th February 2022), Wind (4th February 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    I'm also curious if a trained medical or psychiatric professional has ever reported their own NDE.
    Haven't you heard about Dr. Eben Alexander? Quite famous case, he's a neurosurgeon who had a NDE.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2022), Dreamtimer (5th February 2022)