Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Near-death experiences

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I just don't see it. To me, the Michael Newton material goes against Christian teachings in a major way.
    Maybe that's exactly why ─ i.e. they needed a wake-up call.

I haven't heard about Dolores Cannon before, so I cannot judge the authenticity of his work.
    "Her" work ─ Dolores is a Hispanic girl's name. She passed away after a nasty fall in late 2014 ─ November, I think it was. She was in her eighties. Her daughter Julia is now continuing her work. Together they have trained many people in what Dolores herself called the quantum healing hypnosis technique (QHHT). The two women I worked with over at Project Avalon back in 2014-2015 were both qualified QHHT therapists.

The concept of the Three Waves of Volunteers is intriguing. I don't know what to make of it, personally. All I can say, is that Karma is a natural law, it applies to everyone, even gods who may incarnate in the flesh (such as Avatars). Even Krishna, an avatar of Vishnu, suffered the consequences of his actions and died miserably and in pain, because of a curse by a grieving mother, whose son died as a consequence of Krishna's machinations in the great war described in the Mahabharata. The curse of a grieving mother is so strong that even a perfect being, a divine soul in the flesh, cannot escape it.

This is just my personal opinion, but it doesn't seem to me that you are free of the consequences of Karma at all, in fact it looks like you are suffering precisely because of it.
    I have a very different theory about that. As an empath, I tend to load other people's karma onto myself ─ at least, while I am here on Earth. That's one of the reasons as to why I'm immune to karma, even though that sounds contradictory to what I've just said.

Basically, what it means is that the more karma people are gathering, the more I will suffer in this life, but I will not carry that karma with me into the astral planes or beyond. And the fact that I am sharing in their karmic burden while I'm alive also means that they in turn will have less karma to deal with in their future lives.

I sense a lot of resentment in you, that is not conducive to liberation, which seems to be your ultimate goal.
    I am perfectly capable of letting go, but only on the condition that the disrupting factor disappears ─ this disrupting factor being the bad stuff I'm having to endure while I am human and alive on this planet, as well as the entities on higher planes who are either doing this to me themselves or are willfully allowing other entities to do this to me. They are the ones with karma awaiting them, because (1) the ones who are doing it have overstepped their boundaries ─ they are not supposed to intervene ─ and (2) the ones who've sent me here are betraying me (and all those like me) by not stopping the perpetrators.

If you ask me, you have a lot of work ahead of you, if you truly want to achieve your goal.
    I don't mean to patronize you, but you are now using your own spiritual convictions and experiences for judging the veracity of mine. That's not fair, and that's not how it works. Maybe your convictions apply to your mini-universe ─ we all live in our own individual and subjective mini-universes; such is the nature of individuated consciousness ─ but that doesn't mean that they would apply to me in the same manner, and vice versa.

All of us were once at a much higher station and now we're not. In that sense, we are all fallen. It is our task in this life, to pick ourselves up after the fall, put ourselves back together again, grow wings and fly away.
    And this is the real metaphorical meaning behind the fall of the angels.

Humans are incarnating and reincarnating because they have chosen to. Whether that was a free will choice or not is irrelevant. The point is that they were either way conceived as entities with the desire to learn through experience, including the experience of making mistakes. They are quite capable of forgiving themselves for their mistakes, or even ignoring the fact that they've made any. And they don't mind gathering karma, because they know there will always be a next life to work off that karma, even if it takes them a thousand more incarnations before they'll have managed.

Myself and those like me are different. We could never agree to such an existence as that of humans, because our innocence and purity are our highest values, and we were all unwilling to give up on those. That's why we normally never incarnate, and why we have never incarnated before and will never incarnate again. But for some reason ─ whether we agreed to come down here or whether we were sent here without our approval ─ our presence was needed on this Earth in this day and age.

I don't know why, because mankind has always been fucking things up, for as long as it has existed. However, many prominent scientists all agree that humanity has been on the brink of self-annihilation since the creation of the first nuclear bombs and the deployment of two of such weapons against human beings back in 1945.

The Cold War lasted for approximately another 45 years, all the while with more powerful and more sophisticated nuclear weapons being tested, which in turn had grave repercussions on the ecosystem. And then there's the effect of human industrial activity and the accumulation of toxic waste, again at the cost of the ecosystem. And ever since the Bush Jr. administration in the United States, the Cold War has been resurrected, and every US president since him has been keeping it alive, as has Russia's dictator-in-disguise Vladimir Putin.

And then there's the threat of the declining human intelligence in combination with the incline in artificial intelligence, which ─ because it was designed by humans ─ could pose a threat if entrusted with critical responsibilities. And it already has proven its premature deployment by acting unpredictably and casting erroneous judgment.

I'm not saying that the times we are currently living in are the most critical in all of human history. I'm not going to be saying that, because I have no idea what else may be coming down the pike. It could just as easily end up being a cosmic threat that kills off humanity, and maybe that'll only happen two-hundred years from now, when the ashes of my physical body have already long been resting on the bottom of the North Sea (as per my funeral arrangement).

So I don't know, and it would be presumptuous of me to claim that this day and age would be the most critical time in human history, and that it's all "make or break" now. But whatever the most imminent threat to humanity and/or to the Earth might be, there apparently is one. And that's why I myself and thousands of others just like me are here on Earth. We're not here to change the course of history, but as catalysts, so that "native humans" can change the course of history. Because in the end, it's their responsibility.

Of course, one could then again also posit the question as to whether such a thing is even possible if free will doesn't exist. Well, all I can say in that regard is that it's all part of the make-believe. The whole thing is just a narrative that's being rolled out, with somebody somewhere ─ i.e. the prime creator consciousness ─ sitting back and enjoying the show.

Hell, for all I know, there could be an infinite series of completely different narratives being played out in an equally infinite number of parallel universes, all by that very same creator consciousness, as the ultimate collapse of the wave function of its infinite potential.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th August 2021), Dreamtimer (26th August 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th August 2021), Octopus Garden (25th August 2021), Wind (24th August 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Here's my problem with all of the above:

How do we actually know?

How does anybody know?

It seems to me that we are largely guessing here.

I tried to read the work of ancient illumined sages, supposing that they know what they are talking about (Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Puranas, etc...) but even that is a pretty bold statement.

I have some trust in Past-Life regressions, but like you said, it may simply be the mind creating comforting backstories for itself, heavily coloured by the cultural programming of the individual.

I have also been told some pretty unbelievable stories about the source and destination of my soul, but I tend to be sceptical. Anything, that leads to an inflation of the ego, must have an ulterior motive behind it, that is my thinking.

Even if some of us may have come from some pretty unusual source and may have a rather exalted destination in our future, I believe that does not matter.

We are here now and must live our lives playing the cards that we were dealt. There is a reason we forget our past soul history at birth, we're not supposed to know. It would be an insane psychological burden if we remembered the countless lives, all the mistakes, the suffering, that we went through over our long existence.

I understand the urge to want this existence to end, I feel it sometimes too, but it must be resisted. We are all here for a reason, we all have a purpose. Most of us will never fulfil our life's purpose and potential, but at least we must try. We keep failing and failing, but one day we will succeed. Why not make this life the one that counts, the one where we finally do what we were always meant to, where we become the person that we really are?

I must make a criticism of New-Age ideas about the afterlife and reincarnation here.
    Whether it is the idea of Starseeds, Indigo Children, Earth Angels, Light Workers, etc..., I feel they are a form of escapism and a way to massage the ego. Never trust a "master" or author who inflates your ego and makes you feel special. They probably just want your money or your attention and they know that the best way to get it is to lavish unearned praise on someone with myriad insecurities. Men have been using this trick to get women to like them for millennia.

I'll be honest, I don't buy the idea that anyone on this earth is special or different, that they have been sent on a special mission, that they originate from Sirius, the Pleiades, or any other similarly unlikely special place, which is sufficiently remote and obscure to claim pretty much anything about it, having no ability to go there and do a background check to see if the story checks out.

I'm talking in general terms here, but I think we are all guilty of ego-inflation to some extent, especially if we have an interest in spirituality. Even as a child, I thought I might be someone special, that I was sent here on a special mission, that I have a real home somewhere far away, that I don't belong here. I did an Indigo Child questionnaire once and I scored close to 100 percent.

These are all ego-traps. I now know better.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th August 2021), Dreamtimer (26th August 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2021), Wind (25th August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    We don't know always, at least not intellectually. The mind doesn't know, the heart does.

Whether it is the idea of Starseeds, Indigo Children, Earth Angels, Light Workers, etc..., I feel they are a form of escapism and a way to massage the ego. Never trust a "master" or author who inflates your ego and makes you feel special.
    These are all ego-traps. I now know better.
    I partly agree with you there, it can be dangerous to develop a spiritual ego and many have ventured to that delusional path. However, what you describe there is also just your belief system and I think you are perhaps too skeptical. I am not some woo-woo new ager, I had that phase once, but I tend to be quite skeptical myself too. I trust scientific data, my knowledge and intuition, but also I have had other kind of mystical experiences which have proven to me that there is way more to life than we would like to think. Shamanism and other practices are the real deal and you can connect to the realms of the spirit, they're far more real than this realm actually is. Our human minds are actually quite limited and for that reason many people don't or can't believe some things and that's just fine. At times I have had a hard time believing in what I am because when I look in the mirror I just see a human being which I have had a hard time loving, but in a sense it doesn't really matter. Except for the part that I am just here to uplift the vibration of the planet just simply by being.

I can only speak on my own behalf, but the wordly things have never mattered much to me and not the things that society deems are important. Sure I have a human body and I can enjoy the sense pleasures and other material things that life has to provide, but in my heart of hearts the one thing that has always meant everything to me is having a peace of mind. When you've had a difficult life all you want to be is just in peace and well... I guess we all yearn for love. Not necessarily romantic love, but a feeling of love and being loved.

If you feel good about being who and what you think you are then it's fine, but if you feel that you're not happy or satisfied then there is work to do. I know I still have a lot of issues to deal with when it comes to emotions, attachments and such. I think the feeling of being different is there for a reason and it means something. Many of us don't really know who we are, but it's important to penetrate that question and come to realize who and what we are. At least that's what I am doing here, practicing self-actualization. "Know thyself."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btacKoGvVtM
    Last edited by Wind, 25th August 2021 at 11:44.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th August 2021), Chris (26th August 2021), Dreamtimer (26th August 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Aragorn said,
    Indoctrination and conditioning are very powerful tools in the hands of the wrong people, and to a certain extent, each and every one of us has been indoctrinated and/or conditioned with something during our upbringing. By consequence, no matter what belief system we choose to accept later in life ─ including the belief systems called atheism and agnosticism, because those are belief systems too ─ there will always be traces of this indoctrination and/or conditioning lingering in our subconsciousness, and it will continue to reach into our awareness by way of our dreams, our spiritual experiences and even near-death experiences.
    With this in mind I examined my exercise in finding a new 'faith system'. I wasn't really looking. I was thinking about what I might choose if I was looking. I ended up with Wicca and Quaker. They seem far removed from each other but they have something in common. Both allow for the individual to connect with God/Source without the need of an intermediary. Direct communion. And it's not necessary to attend a church/meeting house for salvation. And one can be an independent practitioner.

This then goes to my own indoctrination of Christianity where church-going and tithing was an expectation and where there was an intermediary between the parishioner and God.

I rejected this.

(I did not, in fact, join any other system because there is no void in my life. The best thing about going to church was community, not God or salvation. I have community and no real need for church, though it might need me and my tithing...)

Octopus Garden, I love your description of predetermination and free-will. It's very Taoist and called to mind the yin/yang.

One thing about the Newton stuff which stood out to me was understanding the animals. This was important to the council and Source. The animals are part of the living ecosystem of the planet. The planets themselves are alive. And it's a very difficult, beautiful existence.

We can't understand without becoming part of it. But then, when we are part of it, we become responsible in part for it. Because of how we affect it. If we disrespect the creation, we may be giving our own selves the lessons that we have to learn. And since we are part of creation, I guess we have to learn them.

Last edited by Dreamtimer, 26th August 2021 at 14:22.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th August 2021), Chris (26th August 2021), Emil El Zapato (26th August 2021), Octopus Garden (26th August 2021), Wind (26th August 2021)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    We can't understand without becoming part of it. But then, when we are part of it, we become responsible in part for it. Because of how we affect it. If we disrespect the creation, we may be giving our own selves the lessons that we have to learn. And since we are part of creation, I guess we have to learn them.
    Science and technology have allowed us the illusion of separation from source, with the end goal of establishing some kind of understanding of it. The further you get into this detached perspective, the more you realize how attached you actually are. It's kind of a Rube Goldberg way of approaching animism, but a necessary mechanism.

Animism, imo is the foundational reality. But it easily becomes shamanism and that segues into sorcery, typically. Under the auspices of science this isn't as much of a risk. At least science aspires to be objective. Requiring scientific objective proof of psychic phenomenon and experiences of that nature, is so frustrating on the one hand. On the other hand, we don't live in a society where we have to worry about somebody pointing their finger at us for 'casting spells.'

Interesting to me though--the worst offenders as far as demonizing people are those in the Q crowd whose backgrounds are Judeo Christian, and even though they are often spiritual types, they are fundamentalist thinkers who have teamed up with fundamentalist Christians, in a witch hunt.

I doubt Quakers would do anything like that. And Wiccans, not likely!

Thanks for the lovely compliment, Dreamtimer. So much of what you post I appreciate, equally!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th August 2021), Chris (27th August 2021), Dreamtimer (30th August 2021), Emil El Zapato (26th August 2021), Wind (26th August 2021)

Thanks

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th August 2021), Chris (27th August 2021), Dreamtimer (30th August 2021)

Thanks
    I just love NDE stories. I keep saying that. And it keeps being true.

And yet the first part of this is awful. He's brutally injured, wife and youngest dead, 7-year-old screaming and crying. Heartbreaking. How does a person even survive such injuries?

Excellent story, Wind. Thanks.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2021), Wind (30th August 2021)

Thanks
    "I call it home." This statement recurs with different people.

Fear destroys. Love creates.

So true.

(I've been listening to a few others)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2021), Emil El Zapato (30th August 2021), Wind (30th August 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I just love NDE stories. I keep saying that. And it keeps being true.

And yet the first part of this is awful. He's brutally injured, wife and youngest dead, 7-year-old screaming and crying. Heartbreaking. How does a person even survive such injuries?

Excellent story, Wind. Thanks.
    I read a book a few years ago about a guy going to a religious retreat and when he was close to his destination (around Dallas) he got squashed by a large truck on a bridge. He wrote a book about his experience of death and return. It was very compelling. He also wrote about his long, very long rehabilitation.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2021), Dreamtimer (30th August 2021), Wind (30th August 2021)

Thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st October 2021), Dreamtimer (4th October 2021)

Thanks
    I love this story already at six minutes in.

Sounds like the cord is, among other things, a pathway back.

"Yeah, you are." Love it.

This one is gonna make me cry. (is making)

Hmmmm...who have I had negative thoughts about? I try not to, but as she says, it's difficult. Time to contemplate.

Her experience at 28 minutes shows how some can conclude that psychology is BS. She's saying she saw God, call the head doctor.

Fundamentalists will say that if it wasn't Jesus, it wasn't real.

Such arrogance.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2021), Wind (4th October 2021)

Thanks
    I ended up listening to a good portion of the unedited interview of Penny Wittbrodt which is linked at the end of this video. Very interesting.

I went to the Shaman Oaks channel and checked out some of the older videos. They are very interesting. I've been listening to the DMT videos and the one of his own past life regression. He also has a couple of good ones about synchronicity. They're not too long, also a bonus.

He calls his channel Shaman Oaks because he lives in Sherman Oaks. Love it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    That's in Cali, right? I have never wanted to live in the US, but I have always wanted to visit places such as California.

Yeah, the DMT videos are pretty interesting. That's how I found his channel too.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That's in Cali, right? I have never wanted to live in the US, but I have always wanted to visit places such as California.
    That reminds me of a song...

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Thanks

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021)