Thread: Acts of Rebellion

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 234 Posts

Acts of Rebellion

Thought I would start a thread about everyday acts of rebellion

Guy Declines to Answer Questions at Law Enforcement Check Point, Drives Away Mid-Argument

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlxJHMRzsvM

“Am I being detained?”

“No, uh…”

“OK. Goodbye.”

(Wonder if he would’ve gotten an autograph had he known he was being hassled by Officer Barbrady from South Park?)

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th November 2013), BabaRa (9th November 2013), Calabash (8th November 2013), Frances (8th November 2013), Gemma (11th April 2015), Highland1 (8th November 2013), jimmer (9th November 2013), modwiz (8th November 2013), thenmac (8th November 2013), Wolf Khan (8th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Do The Many Really Have to Obey the Few? Asking Permission From the Government

By Jan Fox
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/10/1...he-government/

I remember in grade school that some of the boys in class were being disruptive by talking and the nun told us all to stand and put out our hands so she could smack our hand with a ruler. About half the class stood up and put out their hand but when they saw that the rest of us were still sitting at our desks they slowly sat back down. The bewildered nun didn’t know what to do and finally told us to open our books.

That’s what happens when a person in authority threatens you and you all stand up to them. They expect you to obey and when you don’t they back down. In other words, they are nothing more than the school yard bully.

The government is so out of control and making laws that are insane. People are now being fined for the simplest things. Remember the slogan, “Buckle Up – It’s the Law”. You can be fined for not wearing a seatbelt in your own car. You can be fined for using a rain barrel to save water to irrigate your small garden in the back yard; you can be arrested for selling raw milk which has been a staple for thousands of years. You can be fined or arrested for photographing the police abusing someone and your camera confiscated. The government mandates you get vaccines for your babies and children when legitimate research tells you it is harmful. A woman was fined $81 for parking her car with the windows rolled down. The police classified it as an unsecured vehicle that could easily be broken into. Another woman was recently fined for growing a small garden in her front yard. What would happen if we all planted a small garden in our front yard? Actually, that might not be a bad idea. We would have some GM free veggies. Are you really going to obey these ridiculous rules or laws? If you do they will keep adding more.

The elite think they can rule you by starting out slowly. I’m sure you’ve heard the story of putting a frog in a pan of lukewarm water and then slowly heating it up and the frog doesn’t realize that he is being boiled alive until it’s too late to get out of the pot. Mostly that’s what the government does to us. First one license or fine which they got away with, then another, then another, and now we have well over a hundred different licenses we are required to obtain and fines we are expected to pay. Another manner in which the government controls you is by fear.

The government tells us the laws are for our safety. They won’t label GM food because they know it will harm your health; even the wild animals won’t eat it; rats fed Monsanto GM corn developed shockingly large cancer tumors. They add sodium fluoride to our water and to our toothpaste which is a rat poison; they fill our skies with chemicals, they fill the atmosphere with all sorts of radiation including cell phone towers. If they are for our safety, why do they hide many of those health-threatening cell phone towers in trees, and church steeples and crosses, water towers, and schools? I’ve even seen them in palm trees. Churches and schools love these because they generate big bucks. Dr. Mercola states on his website:

As school budgets shrink, some are getting money from an unlikely and controversial source: cell phone tower installations. Local schools can make hundreds of thousands of dollars from leases on towers. mercola.com

Why did you get a marriage license? Most people get one because everyone else does; it’s the norm; it’s the law. My research showed the first marriage license was issued in 1856 in Shawnee, Kansas. So since the beginning of recorded time it was the norm to marry without a license until 1856.

Were Adam & Eve married? Did Adam & Eve need a license, the authorization of some man or government? It is plain to see that God recognizes a couple as married when they “cleave unto” each other. Genesis 2:23-24 (not when a government gives them a license/permission).

Did you know there are Pastors who will marry without a marriage license and they are more common than you think? All you have to do is go online or open up your local phone book and call the numbers in the churches section. Sooner or later you will find a man of God who hasn’t sold his soul applying for a 501(c) corporate status with the IRS and who believes that there ought to be a separation between church and state and marriage and state.

Pastor Trewhella of the Mercy Seat Christian Church in Wisconsin stated;

“You should not have to obtain a license from the State to marry someone anymore than you should have to obtain a license from the State to be a parent, which some in academic and legislative circles are currently pushing to be made law”. ~ mercyseat.net/marriagelicense.html

When Pastor Trewhella marries a couple, he always buys them a Family Bible which contains birth and death records, and a marriage certificate. Record the marriage in the Family Bible. What’s recorded in a Family Bible will stand up as a legally binding document in any court of law in America. Both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were married without a marriage license. They simply recorded their marriage in their Family Bibles. So should we. What happens if no one acquires a marriage license from the government? Well, outside of the obvious, we wouldn’t have to ask permission from the government to get a divorce.

If every American refused to obey these insane laws what will the elite do? The same thing as the nun or the school yard bully when not obeyed – brute force and if that doesn’t work, they will back down. Just like the schoolyard bully who takes your lunch money every day. A day comes when you tell him “no” and he beats you up. You don’t give him your lunch money the next day and he beats you up again. Then he looks for someone else who will ‘obey’ him. Where would that school yard bully be if no one gave him their lunch money? Where would the government be if no one asked for permission and never got another license or paid another fee or fine?

Let me clarify what a license or permit is. It is simply asking permission from the government and paying the government a fee for what we have every God-given right to do in the first place – for free, without asking anyone for permission. Burn that statement into your mind. Memorize it, use it as a chant. If that’s not bad enough, we must renew many licenses’ periodically and pay again and again. What if we all decided we would no longer get or renew our driver’s license and pay them for the right to drive our own car? What if we all stopped getting a license of any kind? They could fine us. But what if we didn’t pay the fine? We might go to jail. Where do a few get off telling the many we can’t get married, defend ourselves, or drive a car or go fishing or hunting or any of our other God-given rights without their permission? I don’t need the government to give me permission to purchase a gun to defend myself. Why aren’t you outraged? Just because you grew up under these insane rules and you accepted them as normal you don’t have to obey them anymore. They aren’t normal; they’re insane; you are obeying insane laws. You don’t have to stand up and put your hand out so the nun can whack it with a piece of wood or give your lunch money to the school yard bully anymore. Like the frog, you’re slowly being boiled.

Every permit, every license, and every birth certificate has a number on it. You even have a social security number. Have you ever asked why you and everything you do has a number on it? It’s to keep track of you, what you do, where you do it and when you do it. If you move you have to notify various government agencies of your new address. Why is that? Why isn’t just notifying the post office of a change of address enough?

Why can the government get away with these insane laws and fines? For several reasons. You do what you’re told because you believe it to be the norm; it’s what everyone else does. That doesn’t make it right. Another reason people follow these ridiculous laws is because of fear. If I don’t get my children all the vaccines the government mandates my children won’t be able to get into school and I fear the law will come down on me, maybe arrest me and put my children in Children’s Services. I must get this flu shot because if I don’t I fear I will get the flu. Besides, my doctor told me to get a flu shot, television told me to get the flu shot, the local drugstore advertises the flu shot. I believe the reason my classmates sat back down when they saw the rest of us still sitting is because they feared us more than they feared the nun with her little ruler.

If a slave owner can tell his slaves what to do, what does it mean when the government tells you what you can do? It means you’re a slave to the government. Yes, it’s the same government that tells you that you are a free man living in a free country.

There is a story about two frogs hopping down a country road and they happen to hop into a bucket of fresh milk. They begin thrashing about and swimming in the milk and the older one got really tired and gave up and died. The younger one kept on swimming until he felt something solid under his feet and hopped out. (No, it wasn’t the body of the dead frog!) He thrashed so much and so long he turned the milk into butter.

The moral of the story is “there are butter days ahead”…if we all decide NOT to OBEY.

If we all stop obeying these insane rules the government places upon us, there will be better days ahead with true freedom, but you gotta fight for it by being passive – by not obeying – by not applying for anymore licenses and paying them a fee and obeying them. Freedom is not going to come softly in the night while you sleep. Don’t leave it for the “other” guy. Remember, you are the “other” guy to everyone else.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th November 2013), BabaRa (9th November 2013), Frances (8th November 2013), Gemma (11th April 2015), Highland1 (8th November 2013), KosmicKat (10th November 2013), Melidae (8th November 2013), modwiz (8th November 2013), sandy (8th November 2013), Spiral (8th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

The 50 Stupidest Laws Across the World

Let’s face it — America owns the world (or at least we should and would if everyone would stop fussing). Given that America has already shown the ability to govern with complete and utter intelligence in every law it has passed at home, it must be said that the world is following our lead in that regard. Governing systems may differ, but stupidity is universal. The following 50 laws are evidence that we, as a planet, can create some pretty stupid laws to comply with.

“Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

We live in a global economy, but that doesn’t mean business is good everywhere. Don’t sell your watermelons in Rio Claro, Brazil, where it’s illegal. If you use your watermelons to flavor bubble gum, don’t plan on selling that, either, in Singapore. The Maldives hates Christ so much you can’t sell bibles, and Japan hates healthy people so much you can’t use a Vicks inhaler. At least you can buy a television in South Africa, so long as you have a license.

These all make Sweden a scion of liberal economics, where it’s legal to sell prostitution; people just can’t buy it. Not to be outdone, Finland has a candy tax, but don’t expect cookies to be levied when your water is.

In homage to the gulags, Russia requires that you be willing to work 16 hours a day or face imprisonment. This work ethic is needed in Israel, where operating an illegal radio station for five years will make it legal. Probably won’t go over so well in the Netherlands, though, since productivity-killing cannabis is legal to smoke in public ... but tobacco is not.

“Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.”

Women and men have always had testy relationships, especially across the globe. The United Arab Emirates doesn’t allow them to kiss in public, keeping displays of affection restricted to all those fancy new buildings. Saudi Arabia goes one step farther by preventing public flirting ... by preventing men from walking dogs. Swaziland won’t even let young women shake hands with older men, because everyone knows that’s how pedophiles identify their prey. Proving they’re a world leader in gynecology, Bahrain only allows male doctors to examine female genitals using a mirror.

In Cali, Columbia, a bride may only examine her husband’s genitals during sex and her mother must witness it the first time. Samoa still defends chivalry by making it illegal for men to forget their wives' birthdays. In Hong Kong, women may kill their cheating husbands with their bare hands just to show that cheating will not be tolerated. At least Argentina nips marital problems in the bud by prohibiting men from marrying their brothers, and India nips cross-dressing in the bud by prohibiting Barbie from being dressed in Ken clothing.

“'Tis healthy to be sick sometimes.”

Henry David Thoreau has obviously never been to Indonesia then, because one of the most unhealthy things you can do is masturbate. You’ll be decapitated if you’re found out. In Las Vegas this might be quite an exciting law with widespread support, because in Mongolia women must walk around with their breasts exposed. At least China has stringent entrance exams for their universities. A prerequisite is that you must be intelligent.

Peeing in public is something that might get you in trouble at a tailgate, but if you’re pregnant in England you can relieve yourself anywhere you want — even in a police helmet if you request. At least in Scotland you’ll be forewarned because you’re required to allow anyone who knocks on your door use of the loo. However, don’t do it in the ocean while in Portugal where it’s illegal, or after 10 p.m. in Switzerland where you can’t flush the toilet.

“The finest clothing made is a person's own skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this.”

That is not always the case, after all. This is why Italy makes it illegal for obese people to wear polyester. This is probably why people from the American South don’t travel to the boot all that often. The Isle of Capri doesn’t want you wearing noisy sandals around. That’s alright in Barcelona, Spain, though, but wearing your bathing suit away from the beach isn’t. At least you can be a male belly dancer, because Egypt prohibits that kind of thing. Even Athens, Greece, allows for your license to be revoked if a policeman notice you’re not properly dressed or bathed (which, incidentally, would help alleviate poor traffic if actually enforced).

I don’t get what’s with the Mediterranean. Thailand actually seems normal, because all they require is that you wear underwear when leaving the house.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

If you’re from France, you’ve probably never read that before. Pigs cannot be named Napolean. Norway really takes that to heart where female dogs and cats cannot be spayed (but male animals are happily neutered). Lebanon, too, because you can get in big trouble for having sex with a male animal, but strangely not with a female. Romania doesn’t like Mickey Mouse, either. He was banned in 1935 because of fears that he would frighten children.

British Columbia, Canada doesn’t let you go hunting for Sasquatch. Should he make a trip Down Under you can, though, so long as you don’t intend to eat him. Australia doesn’t let you kill animals with a name.

“The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem.”

Nowhere is government more of a problem creator than traffic laws. South Korea requires bribes for traffic cops to be reported, because that stops it from happening. Just like accidents are prevented in Belgium by saying that oncoming traffic has the right away unless the driver slows or stops. See a government motorcade in Zimbabwe? Don’t give it the finger, because offensive gestures are strictly prohibited.

Gun control isn’t a discussion saved for America, either. In an ode to gun rights activists, Paraguay allows you to duel so long as you and your challenger are blood donors. Gun control proponents will be happy to know water guns cannot be used during New Year’s celebrations in Cambodia.

Ireland specifically bans blasphemy. Should you not be blasphemer in Tibet, your reincarnation is ensured so long as you register first with a government agency. It won’t help your karma to be in Mexico City, Mexico, because you cannot tell people to “have a nice day.” However, Bangladesh is looking out for you because cheating on school exams is strictly illegal.

Should your karma bless you with good running skills, don’t plan on competing in Iceland, because running your 26 mile trek in less than 3 hours, 30 minutes is illegal. Maybe you can come back as an administrative assistant in Germany, because at least you’ll have a nice window to look out in your office. By law, all offices must have a view of the sky.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/34...ross-the-world

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th November 2013), BabaRa (9th November 2013), Calabash (12th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), modwiz (8th November 2013), Spiral (9th November 2013), thenmac (8th November 2013), Wolf Khan (8th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Sometimes I feel like I'm right side up in an upside down world...or is it the other way around?

Perhaps governments believe that not obeying one of their laws is an act of rebellion. I see obedience as giving tacit agreement to foolish law. 'Disobeying' is another way of saying, "I do not agree or support such foolishness".

For example, one of my biggest pet peeves is the laws that are passed 'for our own safety'. Seat belts...never wore one, never will. Helmets, knee pads, elbow pads when riding a bike...no way, no how. My risk, my body, my decision...and not one to be made by CONgress for the purpose of increasing revenues for some industry under the pretext of 'safety'.

I can envision the state of Massachusetts banning pressure cookers at some point...as it is today, every time someone throws one away, the bomb squad does it's thing to 'protect' us from the possibility of another 'Boston Marathon bombing' happening. Just try taking my pressure cooker/canner away from me!

We don't need a revolution....we just need enough people to stand up and not agree.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th November 2013), BabaRa (9th November 2013), Calabash (12th November 2013), dianna (8th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), modwiz (8th November 2013), sandy (8th November 2013), Spiral (9th November 2013), thenmac (8th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013), Wolf Khan (8th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    John Stossel - Illegal Everything

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th November 2013), Calabash (12th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), Gemma (11th April 2015), Melidae (9th November 2013), Spiral (9th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013), Wolf Khan (8th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Interesting video. It would be funny if it wasn't so true...a sad statement of current conditions in the us.

I've often wondered lately if we are being 'held in place' by such laws, while the 1% turn their attention elsewhere. After all, they don't need us anymore. There are greater profits to be had by moving to countries with lower labor costs. The us government has been busy rebuilding infrastructure in Afghanistan for them under pretext of war, at the same time as they ignore our own infrastructure, which has been declining for years.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Calabash (12th November 2013), dianna (9th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), Spiral (9th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by dianna View Post
    John Stossel - Illegal Everything

I watched the first quarter of this, its about making things illegal so they can principally make money fining people, economically they are out of ideas, having more control & cowing the populace is a bonus, and of course it helps the big corporations in all sorts of ways, even it making people depressed so they turn to prozac (big pharma)

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th November 2013), Calabash (12th November 2013), dianna (9th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    today 'good common sense' = rebellion.
    go figure we've reached this point.
    time to use our critical thinking, again.

here's one guy who's fed up.

love it. rebel by laughing in the face of tyranny.

btw: great thread idea, dianna.

Last edited by jimmer, 9th November 2013 at 15:32.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th November 2013), dianna (9th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), Gemma (11th April 2015), KosmicKat (10th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Police Search Goes Too Far Up Man’s Anus

(Reuters) - A New Mexico man has filed a lawsuit claiming police subjected him to repeated anal probes and enemas after a routine traffic stop because they suspected he was hiding drugs.

David Eckert, 54, claims violations of his civil rights in the lawsuit, which was filed in U.S. District Court in New Mexico in August but not make public until this week, his lawyers said on Wednesday.

"This suit is about stopping officers and doctors from subjecting people in their custody and control to unlawful sadistic medical procedures that violate the most intimate parts of the human body," attorney Shannon Kennedy said.

The legal action stems from Eckert's treatment by police after he was pulled over in January for failing to come to a complete stop while exiting a Wal-Mart parking lot in Deming, New Mexico.

Officers suspected that he was hiding drugs in his anus, based on the way he was standing and the fact that a police dog alerted to his driver's seat, and obtained a search warrant "to include but not limited to (plaintiff's) anal cavity," according to the lawsuit.

After a medical facility in Deming refused to carry out the procedures, Eckert was taken to Gila Regional Medical Center in nearby Silver City, the lawsuit says, where he was forced to undergo eight searches - including digital penetration of his anus, three enemas, two X-rays and a colonoscopy.

Ultimately, no drugs were found, according to the complaint, which says that the Gila Regional Medical Center billed Eckert for the services it performed.

Named in the lawsuit are the city of Deming, its police department, officers involved in the incident and the Gila Regional Medical Center.

Representatives for the Deming Police Department and the Gila Regional Medical Center could not be reached for comment on Wednesday.

Deming Police Chief Brandon Gigante told local KOB-TV, "We follow the law in every aspect and we follow policies and protocols that we have in place."

http://disinfo.com/2013/11/police-se...far-mans-anus/

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Calabash (12th November 2013), Frances (9th November 2013), jimmer (10th November 2013), Sooz (10th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013)

lookbeyond
    Political correctness, i hav found destroys not only our autonomy and sovereignty, but also our sense of worth, our soul. Watch people, they do not want to disturb the status quo, they will avoid eye contact, despite their own needs and conscience, its pathetic to see in grown adults, how can polite reasonable arguement be mistaken for dissidence?
    Last edited by lookbeyond, 10th November 2013 at 06:31. Reason: spell error

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

dianna (10th November 2013), jimmer (10th November 2013), modwiz (10th November 2013), Tonz (10th November 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Gemma (11th April 2015)