Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stories from Genetic Detectives

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    yes, no kidding ... it is quite sobering. I know I was scared when I heard that the area of activity was the same area that I had walked at night. It stimulates the serial killer. The narcissism probably. One of the weird things about the Wichita case, is that the local media were using subliminal messaging on their news media. I don't recall the exact message but it was like, "Call the" Here it is.

I always had strange urges after that ... not to kill but a sense of guilt ... it was weird.

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 18th July 2020 at 13:26.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th July 2020), Dreamtimer (18th July 2020), Elen (19th July 2020), Wind (18th July 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    The progression of criminality is very common, as is using a fantasy demonic other to escape responsibility. Gaps between crimes is not that uncommon among the organized types which implies a degree of psychological control.

Low eroticism ... I was going to suggest he was a really boring serial killer... , no hints of perversion or necrophilia (the most hideous of sk behaviors, but nevertheless common). He was just demented and angry about his sister's sick victimization.

Check out this guy:

I wanted to keep this story up. Holmes is titled, "America's First Serial Killer" and was once suspected of being Jack the Ripper come to America.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th July 2020), Dreamtimer (18th July 2020), Elen (19th July 2020), Wind (18th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    The progression of criminality is very common, as is using a fantasy demonic other to escape responsibility.
    With this I have to disagree. Many serial killers have claimed to have been possessed by demons and I necessarily don't have to doubt that. It doesn't take away their responsibility, but there are multiple factors at play and often we humans don't take the spiritual side into account. I hate to say it, but demons do exist. Many of these people say that they are not on the driver's seat, they just have to act on the impulses. Something else is perhaps guiding them. Maybe some people might use that as an excuse though.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th July 2020), Dreamtimer (18th July 2020), Elen (19th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th July 2020)

Thanks
    yeah, There is always that possibility ... maybe more truth than fantasy. The most notable of recent crazies was David Berkowitz...supposedly he admitted that he had made his demon up for convenience.

at 19:38 Holmes claims that he did his crimes because 'the devil made him do it' ... interesting note about him.

It is there where the narrator starts a summary of the way he committed his acts ... sums it up quickly and in an interesting fashion

DNA of his great-great grandson could not be used to establish that Holmes was indeed buried in his supposed coffin
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 18th July 2020 at 18:25.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2020), Dreamtimer (5th August 2020), Elen (6th August 2020)