Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Racism

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I had an acquaintance, I hestitate to call him a friend because he was flat out crazy, his father had spent a lot of time institutionalized and it was in the genes. We were working in a place that fabricated steel works for bridges that was predominately black in location and workers. He made a crazy statement at work one day, that he was a card carrying member of the KKK, it didn't go over very well.

He bought a handgun and sequestered himself in his apartment (we were living in the same building) waiting for the N's to show up. They did but apparently he scared them off with threats about his gun. Later he ended up in an argument with his ex who was at the time sharing his apartment, he shot up the apartment and threatened to kill his ex. Later yet he shot himself 'by accident', for the 2nd time in his life.

There are many stories surrounding this guy, like the time he and his dad got into a Texas Death Match in the front of the apartment building in Wichita Kansas though His dad showed up dressed in several layers of clothes looking like he was going on Safari armed with a butcher knife. Dave defended himself with a large wrench, with a hysterical laugh he related how he had literally knocked his dad out of his shoes.

I could go on for hours. I was never so happy to dissociate from a raving lunatic.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th July 2020), Dreamtimer (14th July 2020), Elen (15th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I was never so happy to dissociate from a raving lunatic.
    That is a safe bet!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th July 2020), Dreamtimer (15th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (15th July 2020), Wind (15th July 2020)

Thanks
    I had met him through a friend of a friend kind of thing back in my hometown. Dave had a friend that was a bona fide psychopath...a lot of stories there also. This friend of mine was from Wichita Kansas and at one point we decided to move to Wichita and look for work and so we started up a small home remodel contracting business. Lo and behold one day Dave showed up at our doorstep. I remember thinking even then, Oh God, here we go and sure as hell we went. What a nightmare. His ex would hitchhike around Wichita and actually hitched a ride with a guy that was on his way to perpetrate mass murder, she spent a day at the local police offices 'splaining her story.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIAghcvzJ8c

Funny, I remember it happening around noon...

My brother worked in that building in the background for 20 years, 20 years after the shooting

It occurred to me that even today, I still have nightmares about that period of my life...it was a very traumatic time, I wasn't working in my hometown because I essentially developed anxiety attacks after my brother's home had been totally destroyed in a tornado. He was missing for about 15 hours and I feared he had been killed and swept down the nearby river or buried in the rubble. His wife, whose daughter lives in the Houston area now and is currently infected with the Hoax along with her husband, was injured and was sent to the hospital along with her injured mother. It was not a pleasant time. Total truth be told, I couldn't talk about all that for years because if i tried I would verge on tears and oh my God, men don't cry. I faced myself that day of the tornado and what I saw I detested.

oh yeah, on topic ... my younger brother has always been less of a racist than i (he looks like a regular white boy) but he has had his moments as a superintendent of a beef processing plant. I just never knew better for a long while, but I was never in to blind hatred.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 15th July 2020 at 16:33.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th July 2020), Dreamtimer (16th July 2020), Elen (16th July 2020), Wind (15th July 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Sometimes you just need to look at things squarely. Head on.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th August 2020), Wind (29th August 2020)

Thanks
    There is no hope, DT ...

The latest I've heard is that the American people are getting bored hearing about basic human decency and equal treatment under the constitution of the United States. Many never tire of 'living' their right to tote automatic weapons and having the right to yell 'n***er, sp*c, fa**ot, Irishman . But equal dignity to all humans, naw, that's boring sh*t. That speaks 'animal' so loudly.

Biden has lost ground because of boredom.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th August 2020), Dreamtimer (30th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Wind (29th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th August 2020), Dreamtimer (30th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th August 2020)

Thanks
    I started 'thinking' fascism about 14 years ago...I started saying it about 12 years ago, In truth, it started in earnest under Reagan, as he was enabled by such as those as Patrick Buchanan

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Wind (29th August 2020)

Thanks
    Scary stuff and I ain't lying.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Wind (29th August 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    I wish all of those who get all hyped up over anti-fa would get half as hyped up over fa! The same people who are pretty much crowing for a complete domestic fascist overthrow (already their foreign policy) are going to suffer the most under a 'fa' regime. On the other forum, the ones who are all pro-fa are also anti-Christian and live near poverty level, by some of the remarks if I remember correctly.

It's the poor who are going to suffer the most--and if you're not Christian, well they have plans for you, with regards singing for your supper, essentially...with a lot of hallelujah's thrown in. And if you are morbidly obese? ummm...also ungood in a fascist regime that has contempt for 'weakness.'

Not going to play out well for the expendable pro Trump base, once he is in for a second term.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2020), Dreamtimer (30th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th August 2020), Wind (30th August 2020)