Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Sense of the Uncanny

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts

A Sense of the Uncanny

I loved this video. This fellow nails the sense of the uncanny. It's quite complex and nuanced. Not "terrifying" in itself, but a subset of it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2020), Cearna (21st June 2020), Dreamtimer (21st June 2020), Elen (21st June 2020), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2020), Frances (21st June 2020), Wind (21st June 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    I loved this video. This fellow nails the sense of the uncanny. It's quite complex and nuanced. Not "terrifying" in itself, but a subset of it.

I went through a time in my life, after being in a situation that involved a shooting. My mother was visiting across tie road to our neighbour, when they man next to them suddenly came to knock at their door and when tie door was opened, he used a rifle and put 6 shots through tie lower abdomen of tie man, mum was visiting. I had never heard gunshots before, my idea was that tie beetroot they were bottling to preserve it had blown up.

I went over to see what had happened, and there was this man with tie rifle, telling me it was OK to go in. This was when this feeling of tie uncanny came over me, so I said no I'll just go home, and did so, on the way tie man on tie other side told me to ring tie police, which I did. In the end I was quite traumatised. We ended up selling tie house and moving.

In tie new house, I began sleepwalking, which didn't worry me so much as to be woke by feeling something in front of me that shouldn't have been there. I have no problem walking around tie house in tie dark usually, because I can always see my way, but to wake with an unfamiliar something, was very uncanny in feeling to me, or to be woken by someone in their bedroom asking me did I know what I was saying after I was sleep talking to tie about something like there is a bomb on tie front verandah. For years this sort of thing happened to me.

When I lived on tie Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, in tie Arab area, there were tie sounds of bullets almost ever night at about 8.30 PM, and that didn't upset me much at all after tie first night, because I was now used to it.

But earlier I was with a trip to the Lebanon, when we were seeing in newspapers that there was trouble all tie time in tie streets, just before tie civil war really broke out and I was becoming quite paranoid, especially when we arrived to find tanks and troops in tie street. Th e next week, just after we left, their new airport, became defunct from fighting.

Even more uncanny, was when Ivan told me I must go out to work, and he would give me a street directory page to start from, and I would get instructions like turn left or right, like a GPS machine now, and we would end up near some forest to work in on a high energy spot. He would tie say off you go, and I somehow knew what to do, speaking a language I knew not what I said, now that was uncanny!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2020), Dreamtimer (21st June 2020), Elen (22nd June 2020), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2020), Octopus Garden (23rd June 2020), Wind (21st June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Cearna,

That is really interesting. That sense of the uncanny really protected you! I hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of work were you doing with Ivan. It almost sounds like you were remote viewing!

Keep paying attention to that sense, Cearna. It's working for you!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2020), Cearna (24th June 2020), Dreamtimer (24th June 2020), Elen (24th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2020), Wind (23rd June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I can give a very simplistic view of the uncanny...Incidentally, the video is a very concise dissection of the concept.

The movie, "The Grudge", had scenes in it that were innovative and brand new to me, I think it was produced in Japan. It freaked me out so bad, I've never had the nerve to watch it again. I truly didn't want to explore those boundaries.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2020), Cearna (24th June 2020), Dreamtimer (24th June 2020), Elen (24th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (23rd June 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Wow. I never hear references to that movie. I watched it. It didn't really freak me out but it was indeed filled with the Uncanny.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2020), Cearna (24th June 2020), Elen (24th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (24th June 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Cearna,

That is really interesting. That sense of the uncanny really protected you! I hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of work were you doing with Ivan. It almost sounds like you were remote viewing!

Keep paying attention to that sense, Cearna. It's working for you!
    OK, way back in 1984, I knew I was really sick, I had done 1st level Reiki the year before, and found it was amazing, to help in healing me. I somehow must have asked for help in 1983, and was sent help, but they couldn't communicate with me. I had to have an operation at the end of the year and we knew it could in fact bring about a breakdown of my adrenal, so just before the op I asked, 2 other Reiki channels do fill me with energy , during which one said do you know your mother loves you? I asked how did she know & she replied I heard it.

Later, when I was giving healing to someone, whom I had only just met, I asked, in my thoughts, this person's body, can you tell me what is wrong with her, and I proceeded to hear a long story, partly physical, partly emotional
    & partly past lives, which I told the lady as the story came. They were astounded, as was I , because I apparently was spot on. Thus I found out that I could hear.

The next year, I did level 2 of Reiki, and we sort of redid level 1 again, during which time I suddenly knew I knew I was able to be a Reiki Master, from some past life, so I asked, do I know this and was told by Ivan, yes you do know, you were the original. I had a homeopathy treating me who was a psychic who channelled 2 Tibetan Buddhist monks, so I asked him to check this information out. The next time I saw him, he said the answer was yes I did know how to be a master, I was the original.

I found 2 ladies to be a guinea pig for me to see if I could bring these energies in but I used 5 specific crystals which Ivan told me to buy, but they weren't the same as Reiki, different colours. Afterwords each lady was able to channel the energies anytime, the same as a Reiki channeled would do . I was told my past life names for when I had learnt these energies, was Isofomi & and the other one was Rovenemi, and I was told to use these 2 names for these energies. I remembered that as Rovenemi, I had lived in a cave if Amethyst crystals for a 300 year long lifetime, during which time, we listened to teaching healing & goodness knows what, from the crystals. Isofomi lived in the Amazon, as one of the Amazon women, for an 800 year long lifetime, studying healing, and living different sociological ideas of experiments on how to set up our own ideas of what you might call the politics of running a possible town or large village in the future.

During a psychic fair I asked a spirit artist to draw my spirit guides and she drew Ivan and Karimal (whom I met later in a Astral travel). Ivan has a fillet on his head to which is attached a Star of David. I asked him why, his answer, was for Services to the Jews, then I asked what did you do and he said he with Gabriel had gone ahead of Moses in the desert, and for this his name was the Archangel of the Star of David.

I continued to work with him just by hearing, until he asked me to go to the lady in Sydney, called Marnie, who channelled Seth. She taught me to work with an alphabet and a pendulum so that he could dictate his teachings to me, just as Seth had done for me when I was Madam Blavoski. I don't see as such, because it annoys me, I prefer to see it almost as as 2nd sight, to which I just react. TOT has quite a big library of my writings from Ivan from when I joined was back in the beginnings of TOT.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2020), Dreamtimer (24th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (24th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Nice, you've known quite a long time about reiki. My father had the first degree training 20 years ago and back then it was a fairly "new" thing here. I don't have any official training, but I've been kinda "initiated" and apparently I'm supposed to be a healer. Not sure if I feel like one though... Maybe one day.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2020), Cearna (24th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Nice, you've known quite a long time about reiki. My father had the first degree training 20 years ago and back then it was a fairly "new" thing here. I don't have any official training, but I've been kinda "initiated" and apparently I'm supposed to be a healer. Not sure if I feel like one though... Maybe one day.

The story we were given about, are you a healer, is ........

Look at your palm of your hand. If you were born right handed for example that hand shows you what you were born with, and the other one, is virtually the one to show what you have done with your,life. If your not sure which is which, clasp hands, and whichever thumb is on top that is what hand you were born with. I for example have only ever used my right hand, because of my mother's insistence to do so, but, I can only clasp hands with my left thumb on top, so I was born left handed.

So once that is sorted out, you look at the space between the little finger, and the finger next to it. Coming down from that web between the two fingers, might be lines. Depending on how many lines, if any, there and how deep they are, then you have used healing in past life(s). Only look at that particular spot, not the lines which might be under the second last finger, they mean something else.
    I have a number of lines there that are very deep. I know I was a nurse in the Crimean war, and was a Nun several times looking after the sick, and several times was one of what they used to call a herb witch, and back in the days of Atlantis, I was trained in all kinds of healing modalities, most not coming into use until the last 100 or so years but, even if you have never done any healing before Reiki will switch this ability on for u but if you have, it will usually increase any abilities you may already have had. If you were ever a mother in a past life, they had plenty of practice at healing sick babies, and you don't ever think of that making you a healer, just cradling a baby can be this.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (24th June 2020)

Thanks
    I'm definitely right handed. Not sure how to see the lines? I do have some, but not so deep I think.
    On my palms I have the M shape though if that makes any sense. I wonder what you might point out from my birth chart.

I find it interesting that you talk about Atlantis a lot, the mother culture.
    I've always have been extremely fascinated with it and I think I've been there.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Cearna (25th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I'm definitely right handed. Not sure how to see the lines? I do have some, but not so deep I think.
    On my palms I have the M shape though if that makes any sense. I wonder what you might point out from my birth chart.

I find it interesting that you talk about Atlantis a lot, the mother culture.
    I've always have been extremely fascinated with it and I think I've been there.
    I have a book on palmistry, but not enough breath to get to it, but surely a book on palmistry would answer you. Put your hand on the photocopier and it will give you a possibly better something to look at.

As for Atlantis, I am perfectly familiar with the energy signature of the 300 female leaders, since I powered each and everyone of them up in the1980s. I don't recognise you as any of those, though you have a faint hint of Lemuria about or the lands often called My, which was set around the region of Hawii.

Atlantis did have quite a numbers of hangers on, and travellers from elsewhere who were sometimes upset about their treatment from us, since we were the rulers of these Earth, & had had to see to all forms of law and justice as well as overseeing tribal boundaries, since tribes were responsible for caring for the land within their boundaries. None were allowed to put permanent buildings other than ours because they were responsible for the harnessing of the energy coming through the sly lines, to allow our coming and going f
    from place to place on Earth and to other planets, where we were also responsible for the transferal of energy from Earth to everywhere else within the entire Sphere, and we enterpretted all justice and laws, so we had to be rather strict to ourselves and all else to the vicinity of the city itself, all others had to stay outside our boundaries, because we had to keep complete focus on balance, harmony and the greater wellbeing of the greater good.

A very large number of these Atlanteans were back to try to repair the Crystal Grid which was damaged by the Frenchduring their testing of the atomic bomb at the Bikini a toll. This has stopped the proper flow of Life Force flowing throughout Earth and on to the rest of the Universe. So far we have been unable to fix it, and a new future may have to be considered for Earth.

I have spent a lot of time on TOT offering my energies freely to others to counteract this inability to supply enough life force to where it is needed. There such little understanding of how this works, because we always kept it working, but the discovery of atoms was unknown to the degree it is known now and Earth people did not know the use of atomic is absolutely forbidden, within the entire sphere.

/

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (25th June 2020)

Thanks
    We still don't know it, clearly. For some insane reason, certain people are just itching to use more of these bombs, more and worse.

It's kind of uncanny.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Cearna (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (25th June 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I read a book about the Crystal Grid, by Bruce Cathie, written some time ago about 50 years. He was I think a New Zealand airline pilot, and he wrote of what he seen whilst flying. Because of his training he had a good knowledge of science, so the book is peppered with science and mathematics and from this I postulate that one bomb in just the right place, of sufficient strength, could possibly take the planet out, especially because people do not really take into account, as to just where did those mushroom clouds disappear to. Did they?

Can we be sure that when they went to the atmosphere, are they stable? Are they not to go on increasing, does anyone know. Have they switched off the Japanese debacle, or are we still releasing atomic into all our ocean currents, hoping they just disappear? Do we know, or do we just left the uncanny go on, and not seek for the answers to be told to us?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (25th June 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Many times I asked did someone want to know some answers, but the consensus seemed to be it's just one of the whose to know? You know I've spent about 40 years trying to find the answers to the uncanny, or the not to know, but even on simple questions about what do certain words mean, that we all use as if we fully understand a dictionary meaning for, we on TOT all had some idea , but all different.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Elen (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (25th June 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    As for Atlantis, I am perfectly familiar with the energy signature of the 300 female leaders, since I powered each and everyone of them up in the1980s. I don't recognise you as any of those, though you have a faint hint of Lemuria about or the lands often called My, which was set around the region of Hawii.
    Yeah, Lemuria preceded Atlantis. I'm a male btw, at least in this incarnation.
    My nickname just tends to confuse people.

A very large number of these Atlanteans were back to try to repair the Crystal Grid which was damaged by the Frenchduring their testing of the atomic bomb at the Bikini a toll. This has stopped the proper flow of Life Force flowing throughout Earth and on to the rest of the Universe. So far we have been unable to fix it, and a new future may have to be considered for Earth.
    Atom bombs detonated in high altitude will act as EMP-blasts. The grids will go down and bye bye to every electronic device within the radius. I think mankind really opened Pandora's box once we learned to split the atom. As I've said before, we have the intelligence to develop all kinds of marvelous tools, but we lack the wisdom to handle them properly so they always end up being used as weapons, or as in this case as weapons of mass destruction.

I always found crystals interesting too and I read a lot what Edgar Cayce talked about Atlantis and how it was powered by crystal energy and they had that one giant crystal which sank to the bottom of the ocean. Even these days we know how crystals can emit frequencies through radios, but we still lack the proper understanding of their finer capabilities. We think we are at the peak of technological development in the history of mankind, but it's not true. Atlanteans were not only technologically more superior, but spiritually far more attuned too. Even then they managed to destroy themselves due to greed and lust for power so what about us then?

We don't even have to think about nuclear weapons, there are still indeed the nuclear power plants which pose a risk too. Chernobyl was quite bad and Fukushima isn't resolved either. How many accidents do we still need to happen? I think we should find alternative ways to generate energy which would be more safe. Radiation poisoning is no joke. The series Chernobyl was quite intense.

Last edited by Wind, 25th June 2020 at 16:27.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Cearna (25th June 2020), Dreamtimer (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020)

Thanks
    An EMP blast, or similar solar event, would end up shutting down the cooling processes at various plants leading to a secondary nuclear disaster. We are, in many ways, sitting on ticking time bombs.

Uncanny.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2020), Cearna (25th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th June 2020), Octopus Garden (26th June 2020), Wind (25th June 2020)