Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpo's corner

Thanks
    Thanked 43,102 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Everyone loves the concept of democracy which has checks and balances. It cannot exist without them. Conservative and liberal provide those checks and balances. However todays progressives want no checks and all their programs, no matter how well intended, are imbalanced. With the caveat, I don't confuse actual liberals as he appropriately and correctly described in the video, with woke or progressive by the way.

There's plenty of people on either side of the aisle who are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They may think of themselves as politically liberal or conservative. That's where democracy is, thats where the balance is. The rest of it has just turned Politics into a self-justified way to hate each other, plain and simple.
    I suppose one could say that equal rights, equal justice, an equitable economic system, and a viable medical health system could be construed as a leftist bridge too far. Admittedly, I have great difficulty seeing it that way.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    I suppose one could say that equal rights, equal justice, an equitable economic system, and a viable medical health system could be construed as a leftist bridge too far. Admittedly, I have great difficulty seeing it that way.
    It always goes back to the term equality. Taking you and I as an example how are you and I absolutely equal?

If all things are equal.

What is the liberal ideas of what equal or equality mean or express themselves as I raise these questions because no matter how much is invested in equality over the years it still seemingly does not exist in any significant way hence the need to keep carrying on the pursuit of equality. Where does it come from? Who or what grants it to us. Who or what gives us an IQ of 150 so that we are equal to the rest of the people with an IQ of 150? But still not equal to those with an IQ of 180?

Where are all the things you listed coming from?

EQUITY. What does this mean? Typically it means the value one has invested in their own lives or pursuits. Like how its developed in a house, equity in one's life is developed by how much we invest in our lives. What is the liberal perception of equity? What happens when people are self motivated to invest in their rights, their economic situation, and their health? How are they equitable or equal to people who are not motivated and wait for equality and equity to come from that still undefined area: Who or what grants equality?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (6th April 2023)

Thanks
    It always goes back to the term equality. Taking you and I as an example how are you and I absolutely equal?

If all things are equal.

What is the liberal ideas of what equal or equality mean or express themselves as I raise these questions because no matter how much is invested in equality over the years it still seemingly does not exist in any significant way hence the need to keep carrying on the pursuit of equality. Where does it come from? Who or what grants it to us. Who or what gives us an IQ of 150 so that we are equal to the rest of the people with an IQ of 150? But still not equal to those with an IQ of 180?

Where are all the things you listed coming from?

EQUITY. What does this mean? Typically it means the value one has invested in their own lives or pursuits. Like how its developed in a house, equity in one's life is developed by how much we invest in our lives. What is the liberal perception of equity? What happens when people are self motivated to invest in their rights, their economic situation, and their health? How are they equitable or equal to people who are not motivated and wait for equality and equity to come from that still undefined area: Who or what grants equality?
    Equality has nothing to do with I.Q. What I'm referring to is that if someone has an I.Q. of 50 that is purple and another person has an I.Q. of 50 but is pink, do they get the same opportunities to make the best of themselves. If the answer is yes that could be termed equality.

Equity is not a perception, equity has a definition:

eq·ui·ty
    noun
    the quality of being fair and impartial.
    "equity of treatment"

fairness and impartiality leads to what even the most jaded individual would call ... as in the definition E(quality).

There are only specious arguments against the above and they are founded in perceptions that are wholly false. But they work and continue without surcease to be used.

but in truth even equality is not enough, more important is the intangible property of dignity.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    What gives a person dignity?

At its most basic, the concept of human dignity is the belief that all people hold a special value that's tied solely to their humanity. It has nothing to do with their class, race, gender, religion, abilities, or any other factor other than them being human. The term “dignity” has evolved over the years.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (6th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    What gives a person dignity?

At its most basic, the concept of human dignity is the belief that all people hold a special value that's tied solely to their humanity. It has nothing to do with their class, race, gender, religion, abilities, or any other factor other than them being human. The term “dignity” has evolved over the years.
    Okay. Excellent choice! Dignify. We are on nearby wave lengths, since dignity and rights and equality all seem somewhat energetically related.

Where does your dignity come from? I mean that as a personal question, but since its personal you may choose not to answer.

Mine comes from my character, my values, my temperament, my behavior, the way I treat myself and how I treat others--things I have developed over the years. A sort of investment in myself. Or putting equity into myself. I don't in-dignify myself by putting my attention on people who try to in-dignify, demean or disrespect me, or just seem to be filled with hate or want to look for an excuse to hate. At least for not very long. I will treat them civilly to maintain my dignity and perhaps not to disrespect anyone else in the vicinity but they know they are getting cut off and they know why too which makes them angrier and indulging in more undignified behavior. Because they expect my respect but have done nothing to show they respect themselves. Neither do I get into that undignified narrative to them which means to be equal to them, at a lower standard. I would have to exhibit the same thoughts and behaviors and emotions. I may try treating them with the dignity and respect due to them for a bit but if they continue speaking or behaving in ways that demean and indignities themselves, then I no longer put my attention there. Likely its a pattern that existed long before I came along. This shows not everyone is in possession of their potential for dignity. Hence there's no equality unless I lower my own standard of dignity and indulge in their same undignified behavior. These are the people most demanding of dignity and respect and they will have a scarcity of it because they think it is due to them externally.

500 years ago during Tudor times, the king conferred dignity upon those he chose, by ennobling them, and even granting them monies for the maintenance of their dignity which was really just about appearances. So there was a sort of a made up dignity that was based on appearances, caste systems. Had nothing much to do with behaving or being a dignified person.

Rights are the same way. I respect and dignify the right to defend myself with the same mindfulness and responsibility as I caretake my dignity. I dignify my free speech in ways by being responsible with it. In this way and in all things my equality comes from myself because of equity--self investment. I will choose not to be reactive, or resort to name calling and slurs. To be truthful. This doesn't come from a political party, nor from the government, not from other people, not what other people think about me, nor institutions or anything else external. It came from me.

And honestly that is a more conservative mindset. I'm not sure why it has to be destroyed or taken away simply because its conservative because it seems to serve more than to harm.

And in the other vane, the woke and progressives expect to be treated in a dignified manner but involve themselves in all sorts of undignified behavior, speech, actions, that is not worthy of them. While i might observe it doesn't dignify them, its not me granting dignity or indignity to them. It's them. They are choosing to be that way and angry at others for not being treated in a dignified manner. The common theme among activists is self-righteous indignation, that's coming from them. As the term implies, it doesn't dignify them, its not appropriate to their age. Why behave in ways that is not worthy of oneself.

It's like a traffic stop. If you stay in a dignified space and you happen to be arrested, like you will be treated in a dignified manner. Or if you are at a customer service desk. Or a dentist. If not, then things will begin to happen that one may not like.

I see the same "I am undignified but expect others to treat me as if I am" behavior among woke conservatives so whatever they are conserving it's not their dignity.

Equality has nothing to do with I.Q. What I'm referring to is that if someone has an I.Q. of 50 that is purple and another person has an I.Q. of 50 but is pink, do they get the same opportunities to make the best of themselves. If the answer is yes that could be termed equality.

Equity is not a perception, equity has a definition:

eq·ui·ty
    noun
    the quality of being fair and impartial.
    "equity of treatment"

fairness and impartiality leads to what even the most jaded individual would call ... as in the definition E(quality).

There are only specious arguments against the above and they are founded in perceptions that are wholly false. But they work and continue without surcease to be used.

but in truth even equality is not enough, more important is the intangible property of dignity.
    You don't think a person with a higher IQ would have the mental wherewithal to invest in themselves than say someone who has an IQ of 80 ?

Perhaps equity then is a poor choice of words, and doesn't mean what its proponents in politics thinks it does, and perhaps not be a label given to the concepts we are discussing here today. Equity is a return one gets on investing on something. Anything. Their business, themselves, their homes, their own equality.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    Okay. Excellent choice! Dignify. We are on nearby wave lengths, since dignity and rights and equality all seem somewhat energetically related.

Where does your dignity come from? I mean that as a personal question, but since its personal you may choose not to answer.

Mine comes from my character, my values, my temperament, my behavior, the way I treat myself and how I treat others--things I have developed over the years. A sort of investment in myself. Or putting equity into myself. I don't in-dignify myself by putting my attention on people who try to in-dignify, demean or disrespect me, or just seem to be filled with hate or want to look for an excuse to hate. At least for not very long. I will treat them civilly to maintain my dignity and perhaps not to disrespect anyone else in the vicinity but they know they are getting cut off and they know why too which makes them angrier and indulging in more undignified behavior. Because they expect my respect but have done nothing to show they respect themselves. Neither do I get into that undignified narrative to them which means to be equal to them, at a lower standard. I would have to exhibit the same thoughts and behaviors and emotions. I may try treating them with the dignity and respect due to them for a bit but if they continue speaking or behaving in ways that demean and indignities themselves, then I no longer put my attention there. Likely its a pattern that existed long before I came along. This shows not everyone is in possession of their potential for dignity. Hence there's no equality unless I lower my own standard of dignity and indulge in their same undignified behavior. These are the people most demanding of dignity and respect and they will have a scarcity of it because they think it is due to them externally.

500 years ago during Tudor times, the king conferred dignity upon those he chose, by ennobling them, and even granting them monies for the maintenance of their dignity which was really just about appearances. So there was a sort of a made up dignity that was based on appearances, caste systems. Had nothing much to do with behaving or being a dignified person.

Rights are the same way. I respect and dignify the right to defend myself with the same mindfulness and responsibility as I caretake my dignity. I dignify my free speech in ways by being responsible with it. In this way and in all things my equality comes from myself because of equity--self investment. I will choose not to be reactive, or resort to name calling and slurs. To be truthful. This doesn't come from a political party, nor from the government, not from other people, not what other people think about me, nor institutions or anything else external. It came from me.

And honestly that is a more conservative mindset. I'm not sure why it has to be destroyed or taken away simply because its conservative because it seems to serve more than to harm.

And in the other vane, the woke and progressives expect to be treated in a dignified manner but involve themselves in all sorts of undignified behavior, speech, actions, that is not worthy of them. While i might observe it doesn't dignify them, its not me granting dignity or indignity to them. It's them. They are choosing to be that way and angry at others for not being treated in a dignified manner. The common theme among activists is self-righteous indignation, that's coming from them. As the term implies, it doesn't dignify them, its not appropriate to their age. Why behave in ways that is not worthy of oneself.

It's like a traffic stop. If you stay in a dignified space and you happen to be arrested, like you will be treated in a dignified manner. Or if you are at a customer service desk. Or a dentist. If not, then things will begin to happen that one may not like.

I see the same "I am undignified but expect others to treat me as if I am" behavior among woke conservatives so whatever they are conserving it's not their dignity.

You don't think a person with a higher IQ would have the mental wherewithal to invest in themselves than say someone who has an IQ of 80 ?

Perhaps equity then is a poor choice of words, and doesn't mean what its proponents in politics thinks it does, and perhaps not be a label given to the concepts we are discussing here today. Equity is a return one gets on investing on something. Anything. Their business, themselves, their homes, their own equality.
    yeah, I agree about equity, but as you introduced it, I went with what I presumed was your connotation for the word.

I have no dignity...I merely dig potatoes out of the dirt

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (7th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    Yes. That is the crux of the problem. And my only issue is that politically people want to make draconic and nonsensical laws out of words they don't understand. Equality and Equity. They are not guaranteed or granted but basically up to the will who wants both in their lives

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    Yes. That is the crux of the problem. And my only issue is that politically people want to make draconic and nonsensical laws out of words they don't understand. Equality and Equity. They are not guaranteed or granted but basically up to the will who wants both in their lives
    In reality though, much indignity is imposed externally. The question is how does one from a very tender age fight that imposition? Are children expected to have the tools to integrate those experiences and come out the other side intact and "SMELLING LIKE A ROSE!". It is akin to child abuse and the child is left scarred. Does a human with a damaged psyche thrive? Not often. Those that do most often fail to give credit to positive influencers that saved them along the path AND egotistically believe "it was all because of me, because I am one tough bastard." It is a form of denial.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (7th April 2023), Wind (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    In reality though, much indignity is imposed externally. The question is how does one from a very tender age fight that imposition? Are children expected to have the tools to integrate those experiences and come out the other side intact and "SMELLING LIKE A ROSE!". It is akin to child abuse and the child is left scarred. Does a human with a damaged psyche thrive? Not often. Those that do most often fail to give credit to positive influencers that saved them along the path AND egotistically believe "it was all because of me, because I am one tough bastard." It is a form of denial.
    Much indignity is imposed externally. Adults can defend their dignity. People with a damaged psyche can thrive but that's a choice. It may not be their fault they are scarred but if they don't want to live damaged they have to make the hard choice to learn how to undo the damage as much as they can and that is work. Hard work. More work than those who came out of childhood relatively unscathed will ever understand.

But how much indignity is being codified into law today, not by early care givers or parents but by politics and wokeness? Or our societies tolerate the in-dignification of others in the name of not rocking the boat or being called a hater. If you get involved, you are no longer a good Samaritan but someone makes a victim out of the indignifiers?

Parents should be teaching and protecting the dignity of their children so they can learn on their own. But if the parent doesn't have dignity themselves or don't think it's important then what? In the woke arenas we instead see parents exclaiming for joy when their child decides to be gruesomely mutilated by a medicine industrial complex so they can show how hip or cool or tolerant they are. Or if their kids decide they are a furrie and have to use a litterbox in the classroom. How is that dignified reverting a child to animal behavior no matter how tolerant or well intended? What about the dignity of a janitor that has to go from cleaning up the usual messes of after middle schoolers and has to clean human feces out of a litter box five times a day? They signed up to be building custodians not cleaning the 21st century equivalent of a chamber pot or handling biologicaly hazardous waste all day.

What about asking the woke parent to go in to school and clean their furrie's litter boxes? Chances are they think that his beneath their dignity. The health concerns and dignity of other kids who have to share a space with kids defecating and urinating freely in the same space. Putting child hood abuse or neglect aside, we have increasing numbers of otherwise 'normal' people chasing these indignities all in the name of being one's self. There should no restrictions what so ever apparently. We have people in woke cities like San Francisco that have stricken laws that penalized people who defecate in the street instead of making more public bathrooms available. What about their dignity? Or free bleeding in public because hygiene products are patriarchal and restrictive? Where is the dignity of the child--of anyone-- in any of that? But that all came from wokeness and is part of the woke agenda. If parents have no dignity then that is a dead end. That's also life. I know the woke crowd is trying very hard to take away parental rights and give the state wardship and guardianship over kids so the free for all from falling from dignity can continue unrestricted but I doubt corrupt institutions will be instilling much dignity either.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    That's what equality and equity are and always have been. Politics and social engineering commandeered the words to use in convoluted ways.

What is the actual correct terminology of what they are trying to achieve and what is the goal? I'm sure the road must be less convoluted without using nonsensical and deceptive language. Because if the people backing equality and equity aren't taking it seriously others can hardly be blamed for not doing so either.

Chuckie: I have no dignity...I merely dig potatoes out of the dirt
    You can have dignity digging potatoes from the dirt. It depends on what you are doing and what is a goal and that is a choice. You don't have to shove them up your butt and use your bum as a potato cannon or shove them down the front of your pants. You can just dig them and put them in a sack and a root cellar and that's dignity enough for the task.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2023)

Thanks
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 9th April 2023 at 11:18.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (9th April 2023), Wind (9th April 2023)

Thanks

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Wind (10th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Hey Wind, I just noticed that I placed that comedy skit on this thread...honestly, I don't even know why I did that but I apologize and thank you for not beating me up about it. ADHD I guess.

My first impression of Carpo here is that he looks happy, but if stupid people come next...maybe not.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (7th July 2023)