Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: CV19 Hoax

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The Art of Immersion: Why Do We Tell Stories?

What is it about stories, anyway? Anthropologists tell us that storytelling is central to human existence. That it’s common to every known culture. That it involves a symbiotic exchange between teller and listener — an exchange we learn to negotiate in infancy. Just as the brain detects patterns in the visual forms of nature — […]
    What is it about stories, anyway?

Anthropologists tell us that storytelling is central to human existence. That it's common to every known culture. That it involves a symbiotic exchange between teller and listener -- an exchange we learn to negotiate in infancy.

Just as the brain detects patterns in the visual forms of nature -- a face, a figure, a flower -- and in sound, so too it detects patterns in information. Stories are recognizable patterns, and in those patterns we find meaning. We use stories to make sense of our world and to share that understanding with others. They are the signal within the noise.

So powerful is our impulse to detect story patterns that we see them even when they're not there.

In a landmark 1944 study, 34 humans -- Massachusetts college students actually, though subsequent research suggests they could have been just about anyone -- were shown a short film and asked what was happening in it. The film showed two triangles and a circle moving across a two-dimensional surface. The only other object onscreen was a stationary rectangle, partially open on one side.

Only one of the test subjects saw this scene for what it was: geometric shapes moving across a plane.
    Everyone else came up with elaborate narratives to explain what the movements were about. Typically, the participants viewed the triangles as two men fighting and the circle as a woman trying to escape the bigger, bullying triangle. Instead of registering inanimate shapes, they imagined humans with vivid inner lives. The circle was "worried." The circle and the little triangle were "innocent young things." The big triangle was "blinded by rage and frustration."

But if stories themselves are universal, the way we tell them changes with the technology at hand. Every new medium has given rise to a new form of narrative. In Europe, the invention of the printing press and movable type around 1450 led to the emergence of periodicals and the novel. The invention of the motion picture camera around 1890 set off an era of feverish experimentation that led to the development of feature films by 1910. Television, invented around 1925, gave rise a quarter-century later to I Love Lucy and the highly stylized form of comedy that became known as the sitcom.

As each of these media achieved production and distribution on an industrial scale, we saw the emergence of 20th-century mass media: newspapers, magazines, movies, music, TV. And with that, there was no role left for the consumer except to consume.

Then, just as we'd gotten used to consuming sequential narratives in a carefully prescribed, point-by-point fashion, came the internet. The internet is the first medium that can act like all media -- it can be text, or audio or video, or all of the above. It's nonlinear, thanks to the world wide web and the revolutionary convention of hyperlinking. It's inherently participatory -- not just interactive, in the sense that it responds to your commands, but an instigator constantly encouraging you to comment, to contribute, to join in.

And it is immersive -- meaning that you can use it to drill down as deeply as you like about anything you want to know about.

Continue reading ...

So powerful is our impulse to detect story patterns that we see them even when they’re not there.At first, like film and television in their earliest days, the internet served mainly as a way of retransmitting familiar formats. For all the talk of "new media," it functioned as little more than a new delivery mechanism for old media: newspapers, magazines, music. The emergence of P2P file-sharing networks encouraged a lot of people to get their deliveries for free. But as disruptive as the net has been to media businesses, it's only now having an impact on media forms.

Under its influence, a new type of narrative is emerging, one that's told through many media at once in a way that's nonlinear, participatory and above all, immersive. This is "deep media": stories that take you deeper than an hour-long TV drama or a two-hour movie or a 30-second spot will permit.

The most talked-about ad campaign of the past year involved a former football player who took questions about Old Spice on Twitter for two days and responded to the best of them minutes later on YouTube. Nike+, a web service that doubles as a marketing platform, functions as a branded corner of cyberspace where runners can keep their stats and tell their own stories.

Tron: Legacy was preceded by Flynn Lives, an alternate reality game that engaged millions of people worldwide in the 18 months before the movie came out. The 2010 season of the BBC's Doctor Who was made up of 13 television episodes and four that came in the form of downloadable videogames. Lost told a story so convoluted that the audience had little choice but to work together to decipher it communally online.

"An artistic movement, albeit an organic and as-yet-unstated one, is forming," David Shields writes in Reality Hunger: A Manifesto, a book whose truth to its time is underscored by the gleeful way it samples from other sources. "What are its key components?" Shields names several: randomness, spontaneity and emotional urgency; reader/viewer participation and involvement; anthropological autobiography; a thirst for authenticity coupled with a love of artifice; "a blurring (to the point of invisibility) of any distinction between fiction and nonfiction: the lure and blur of the real."

We stand now at the intersection of lure and blur. The future beckons, but we're only partway through inventing it. We can see the outlines of a new art form, but its grammar is as tenuous and elusive as the grammar of cinema a century ago.

We know this much: People want to be immersed. They want to get involved in a story, to carve out a role for themselves, to make it their own. But how is the author supposed to accommodate them? What if the audience runs away with the story? And how do we handle the blur -- not just between fiction and fact, but between author and audience, entertainment and advertising, story and game? A lot of smart people -- in film, in television, in videogames, in advertising, in technology, even in neuroscience -- are trying to sort these questions out. The Art of Immersion is their story.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuDQ_3g53qc

Yes CV19-84 is murder, knowingly
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    "Pandemic Influenza"

Tell me when it hits multimillions of cases and at least a half million deaths as a result of staying away from each other.

People are not dying from lack of viable care ... they are dying from availability of care DUE TO THE COVID EMERGENCY CASES that are overwhelming the care system.

Children are now being encouraged to stay in school because scientific evidence shows that spread is not occurring in school systems.

b.t.w. This is not an influenza and as a further note, my daughter had a fellow student in high school that invented a prosthetic for the handicapped. He now attends the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ... the premier tech organization in the U.S. if not the world

I'm with OG on this one ... this guys needs to stfu!

This guy is a walking talking psychopath.
    ...to the topTop

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2020), Aragorn (25th November 2020), Elen (26th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    "Pandemic Influenza"

Tell me when it hits multimillions of cases and at least a half million deaths as a result of staying away from each other.

People are not dying from lack of viable care ... they are dying from availability of care DUE TO THE COVID EMERGENCY CASES that are overwhelming the care system.

Children are now being encouraged to stay in school because scientific evidence shows that spread is not occurring in school systems.

b.t.w. This is not an influenza and as a further note, my daughter had a fellow student in high school that invented a prosthetic for the handicapped. He now attends the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ... the premier tech organization in the U.S. if not the world

I'm with OG on this one ... this guys needs to stfu!

This guy is a walking talking psychopath.
    You not like highly wise and intelligent men ? or people ?
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    I do not like liars and/or kookaboos ...
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2020), Aragorn (26th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Ainewa, the problem is a lack of hospital beds and particularly ICU beds. A person dies from covid now every 20 seconds in Europe. That seems like a high fatality rate to me.
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2020), Aragorn (26th November 2020), Elen (26th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I do not like liars and/or kookaboos ...
    Incredible NAP, highly suggest that you research people before culling them from your self, though i disagree with his thoughts and convictions at times, i allow, because he is so wise and intelligent, proven time and again, all i can say is best wishes NAP.
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    What is the value of a wise and intelligent psychopath except to hasten the demise of the human species.

Fact check: Video makes multiple false claims about COVID-19 pandemic
    By Reuters Staff

Facebook users have been sharing a video that makes multiple false claims about COVID-19, for instance that Bill Gates planned the pandemic and 5G technology was involved in its spread.

The 21-minute clip, titled “THE TRUTH ABOUT COVID-19”, can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/andy.lewis.3785/videos/10222034623808747/

The video shows a woman named Claire Edwards sharing numerous conspiracies about the pandemic. The caption says that Edwards worked for the United Nations between 1999 and 2017.

A U.N. spokesperson told Reuters that Edwards did work for them as a Conference Services Officer between 29 May 1999 and 28 March 2017, but confirmed she is “no longer professionally affiliated with the United Nations.”

This article will only address the primary claims in the video.

“The COVID-19 pandemic was planned by Bill Gates”

The video says: “COVID-19 was long pre-planned in documents and simulation exercises emanating from the eugenicist Bill Gates and the Rockefeller Foundation.”

There is no evidence that the coronavirus pandemic was deliberately planned or that Bill Gates has any links with such a plan.

This conspiracy theory, along with other misinformation that references Gates, has already been debunked by Reuters here.

“5G spreads COVID-19”

The video says: “Wireless technology suppresses the immune system. 5G is implicated in COVID-19 through correlations between the locations of the 5G rollout and morbidity and mortality.”

There is no connection between the coronavirus outbreak and possible 5G health effects.

Reuters has already disproved allegations relating to 5G here and here.

“There is no pandemic”

The video says: “There is and was no pandemic…Mortality is at a lower level than in previous years.”

This is false. Reuters has debunked claims relating to annual death rates here, here and here.

As of Nov. 3, figures from the World Health Organisation (WHO) show 1,201,000 people have died globally due to COVID-19: covid19.who.int/.

“The flu is just as deadly as COVID-19”

Edwards tells viewers that the death rate for coronavirus is “right in line with the seasonal flu.”

This is false: current evidence suggests COVID-19 has a higher mortality rate than influenza.

Worldwide, the WHO estimates between 290,000 and 650,000 people die of seasonal flu each year (bit.ly/2Jzt8i8) .

As mentioned above, WHO figures show that the current coronavirus death toll is over 1,200,000.

Reuters has verified previous claims about COVID-19 and flu

“Coronavirus measures in the UK allow murder, torture and rape”

In the clip, Claire Edwards says “illegal coronavirus measures” have been implemented “to grant immunity to government operatives to commit murder, rape and torture, that’s in the UK.”

This is misleading due to missing context. The British government is currently debating the Covert Human Intelligence Sources (Criminal Conduct Bill), which would allow undercover agents and informants to commit crimes as part of their work (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covert-human-intelligence-sources-draft-code-of-practice/covert-human-intelligence-sources-bill-factsheet-accessible-version#key-factsfigures).

However, this bill has nothing to do with the novel coronavirus.

It has not yet been implemented and is awaiting its second reading in the House of Lords.

The bill has nevertheless been disputed. The UK’s opposition party, Labour, wanted to modify the bill to ban death, torture and rape, but parliament voted against the amendment.

Controversy surrounding the bill has been discussed in media reports here and here .

VERDICT
    False. The speaker in this video makes many claims about the coronavirus pandemic that are not supported by evidence.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team.

This stuff should really really stop ... It is killing the gullible and mentally ill. If one is not part of the plot to depopulate the planet then conscience should take the upper hand.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th November 2020), Aragorn (26th November 2020), Elen (26th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Thanks
    Incredible research effort NAP
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Thanks
    If you search for “Federal Reserve” on YouTube, one of the first videos to surface is titled “Century of Enslavement.” Using archival footage and the kind of authoritative male voice heard in countless historical documentaries, the 90-minute video espouses the idea the Federal Reserve was formed in secret by powerful, often Jewish, banking families in the early 20th century, causing America to spiral into debt.

With over 1.6 million views, the video is categorized as “News and Politics.” It was created by a channel called the Corbett Report, which also boasts documentaries touting conspiracy theories, including that 9/11 was staged by the US government and that global warming is a hoax. Watching the video quickly leads users down a rabbit hole of “recommended videos” that detail Illuminati conspiracy theories and blame Israel for 9/11.

The incendiary Federal Reserve video, flagged by MSNBC host Chris Hayes earlier this month, is just one of many examples of how political extremists have mastered YouTube’s algorithms and monetization structure to spread toxic ideas ranging from conspiracy theories to white supremacy. The video “Why Social Justice is CANCER,” for instance, appears after searching for “social justice.”

- mother jones -

It's a simple as 2 + 2 Aianawa ... I watched the video and heard nothing but a tirade that will result in killing people ... the first non Corbett Report article I find is one stating that it is a money making effort capitalizing on the gullible belief in conspiracy theories. That's more than enough for me.
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th November 2020), Aragorn (26th November 2020), Elen (26th November 2020), Octopus Garden (28th November 2020), Wind (26th November 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Had to share the following. Copy and paste not working for me so I've typed out the text. Anyone who wants to view the original - I've posted on my facebook personal page.

Laura O'Neill 13 hours

My friend was a nurse for years, she's a surgeon now ..... she just told me she has called in sick to go to a secret meeting being held with other medical staff today. She just said Lau I know you can't stand the news but put in on a minute (emoticon) she said right I'll say this once they are lying and i have the email to prove it. They are telling you that nurses, doctors and Police are all going to be vaccinated first. WE AREN'T!! She said they are going to tell you we had the vaccine (when we haven't) it's to convince the public to take it without question. (you can't get side effects if you don't get vaccinated) ....we will then appear to be safe & well with no side effects!! They are doing this to trick people into thinking it's completely safe, it isn't. She said I love my job but I'm not being part of this shit. (emoticon) She said tell your friends & family even though the majority will ignore you, at least they will be aware of what I know. This isn't the first nurse to say this either!! (emoticon/emoticon)

This is not the first information that I have received that states ... well ... all is not as it seems. Take care People. I am wondering how many other "secret" meetings are taking place - possibly all over the world. Hmmm....

Much Respect - Amanda

NB: Octopus Garden - you are showing me that you are still alive and still passionate and still capable of anger (reaction to things that poke at our Pre-Frontal Cortex) and you have compassion and exercise Critical Thought. We are all in this together - whatever this is - we'll work it out eventually.
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th November 2020), Elen (26th November 2020)

Thanks
    Finally finally bravo, CV19-84 hoax narrative getting questioned big time, this was always imo a 9/11 type event as in well organised but far too many know their own minds or know good people who know their own minds to use their own rungs.
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    Inner Science is going to, alongside real theory Science, Win the CV19-84 day, luckey Earth, well done great Mother
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    This > cv19 wise >

The puppet masters create "dis order" so the people will demand "order". The price of "order" always entails a handing over of control and loss of freedom on the part of the citizenry. Out of "chaos" comes "order" - THEIR order - their new WORLD order.

Is beginning to not work, feels so good to see and know the brain washing will not work this time.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Moved the thread where it belongs.

We can talk about the virus and it's effects on the world of course.

Youtube talking heads and especially Fox News morons aren't a good source of information though.
    LOL spose FoX is more okay nowadays ? yes ?
    ...to the topTop