Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: CV19 Hoax

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hi OG,

Agreed, but science is cautious ... call it a fault and certainly pedantic ... but it isn't like a conspiracy to discount it either.
    Science is cautious and Big Pharma is rapacious. That's synergistic, for sure.
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Like I said before, my big frustration is that in many parts of Asia, life goes on pretty much like normal, whereas here we have to suffer under wartime restrictions. The only thing they haven't done yet is order us into the basement, but that's probably coming too...

Of course the difference being that Asians were already fastidious mask-wearers even before the pandemic hit and they had the experience with first SARS epidemic back in the noughties to prepare for this second, less deadly but more infectious one. I am still amazed at how well Singapore handled it for instance, they never had to go into lockdown and you can still lead a pretty normal life over there as long as you take some precautions. It's the first time since I left, that I genuinely want to move back to Singapore and I'm truly envious of life over there. Not only is it 30 degrees (celsius) over there right now with a balmy breeze under the palm trees, they can actually go and have a drink, eat a meal, go to the cinema or a cafe, meet friends, etc...

Meanwhile I (and most of you lot, to be fair) am stuck here in freezing weather living under what is essentially house arrest. Normally, you would have to commit a pretty serious crime to be put under house arrest, but it has now become the new normal. And yes, it is because we are all so damn individualistic, that we simply can't (collectively) follow some simple rules and take precautions.
    Covidiots are usually obsessed with personal freedom and liberty irrespective of "the other guy" Narcissism, dressed up as political philosophy.
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,093 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Covidiots are usually obsessed with personal freedom and liberty irrespective of "the other guy" Narcissism, dressed up as political philosophy.
    Bingo! They don't understand that one's freedom ends where another's freedom begins, and they always fail to spot the beam in their own eye when pointing out the splinter in somebody else's. They want their freedom, but they don't want the responsibility that comes with it.

And that is the bane of this society, if not of humanity as a whole.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020), Octopus Garden (16th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,467 Times in 7,282 Posts
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020), Octopus Garden (16th December 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    You're very optimistic. I think it's going to be a long time still that we'll be wearing masks, my friend. The virus keeps on mutating, and there are still plenty of covidiots who either refuse to wear one and/or who are holding lockdown parties.

Over here, the police has to shut down lockdown parties every day. One such party had even been organized in such a way that they had rented a tour bus to pick up all the party-goers and take them to the pertinent location. Others hire Uber to go and pick up the cretins.

Every single day, my friend. Every single day.
    We could be in it for the long haul, for sure. We don't know and can't know because Pfizer, for example, is using proprietary info law to render some of its most important data opaque. It is likely most pharma companies are doing the same thing. They have not revealed their exclusionary data. If they only injected relatively healthy younger people, the results are skewed. It is mainly the elderly who catch it.

The path for most viruses is mutation and mutation from harmful to less harmful. If it turns out the virus is able to hide out in different areas of the body, long covid isn't a 'post viral' disease, it is a chronic disease for many who have been infected. This is the scariest part. And what if all the asymptomatic people out there who are younger, upon experiencing physical and or extreme emotional stress later in their lives, triggers the virus?
    Last edited by Octopus Garden, 16th December 2020 at 20:22.
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    We could be in it for the long haul, for sure. We don't know and can't know because Pfizer, for example, is using proprietary info law to render some of its most important data opaque. It is likely most pharma companies are doing the same thing. They have not revealed their exclusionary data. If they only injected relatively healthy younger people, the results are skewed. It is mainly the elderly who catch it.

The path for most viruses is mutation and mutation from harmful to less harmful. If it turns out the virus is able to hide out in different areas of the body, long covid isn't a 'post viral' disease, it is a chronic disease for many who have been infected. This is the scariest part. And what if all the asymptomatic people out there who are younger, upon experiencing physical and or extreme emotional stress later in their lives, triggers the virus?
    I think you're right. My own two infections were not congruent with the reported infection envelope. I got sick ─ i.e. I exhibited most of the symptoms, including some that aren't even listed ─ for about four to seven days, then I was asymptomatic for about ten to twelve days, and then the symptoms returned, but worse and lasting much longer. This happened on both occasions.

I also did not exhibit the loss of taste or smell. On the contrary, my appetite actually increased ─ albeit at the penalty of feeling nauseous after eating ─ and even though I was mentally unable to concentrate and felt very abstract-minded, my visual acuity was actually increased; I actually experienced a much higher contrast than normal in my vision ─ it was razor-sharp.

It is also well-known that the virus crosses the blood-brain barrier ─ hence the brain fog ─ and that it causes long-lasting neurological damage and lung damage, as well as that it leaves behind blood clots, which also become a long-term problem for the patient.

Now, viruses normally don't isolate themselves in one part of the body ─ that's what bacteria do, but bacteria are much larger than viruses, and they have a cellular membrane, while viruses do not ─ but given all of the above, a SARS-CoV-2 infection clearly has long-term consequences, many of which will only surface long after the virus has been killed off by one's immune system. Furthermore, the virus also attacks and damages the immune system itself ─ which is the HIV-like part of the virus ─ so there's no telling what the future holds for those of us who've contracted Covid-19, not to mention those who contracted it twice, as I did. For instance, I for one suspect that my heart has also been damaged.

Lastly, if I were in charge, I would mandate that all pharmaceutical research be published as Open Source, and that all medical treatment be free of charge ─ with proper oversight from trained medical professionals in order to avoid abuse, of course.
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020), Octopus Garden (16th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,164 Times in 11,946 Posts
    Science is cautious and Big Pharma is rapacious. That's synergistic, for sure.
    yeah, I'm not tooo quick to label Big Pharma, although I'm sure much of that general perspective is justified. Big Pharma is one of the major underpinnings of U.S. economics and they abuse their power, as does most big business...But, there's always a but, I worked with a guy (Ph.D, traditional Republican) that cut his teeth on pharmaceutical software engineering. He told me a so eloquent story about why American pharmaceuticals were so expensive. Basically, he said the U.S. does much of the discovery research and because they foot that bill, they have to charge exhorbitant prices to sustain the system. He was a pretty good guy so I didn't disagree with him, but internally I was thinking b.s. I'm sure he also believed that America has the best medical system in the world. But internally he might have been thinking b.s.

Narcissism wrapped up with Libertarianism American Style.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Octopus Garden (16th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    What was that all about Wind, I missed part of the story on the news. I worked with another guy that met Cruise and said he was an unmitigated ahole. There's another story related to that guy, with his relationship problems. He was from a millionaire family, piloted his family's jet, multilingual. He committed suicide by ramming his sports car into a tree which resulted in a fire that consumed him.

"and even though I was mentally unable to concentrate and felt very abstract-minded, my visual acuity was actually increased; I actually experienced a much higher contrast than normal in my vision ─ it was razor-sharp."

How long did that last?
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn
    "and even though I was mentally unable to concentrate and felt very abstract-minded, my visual acuity was actually increased; I actually experienced a much higher contrast than normal in my vision ─ it was razor-sharp."
    How long did that last?
    Three or four days.
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,467 Times in 7,282 Posts
    What was that all about Wind, I missed part of the story on the news.
    Tom Cruise Rips ‘Mission: Impossible’ Crew After Covid Safety Breach

He went full Les Grossman there.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dROwEc4VyJA
    Last edited by Wind, 16th December 2020 at 21:33.
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), donk (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020)

Thanks
    3 or 4 days, hmmm.

I'll check it out Wind.

classic scene Wind ... some suggested he should be nominated for an academy award for that short performance.
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (16th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Wind (16th December 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Visual acuity increasing is an odd symptom, for sure. Maybe its some kind of compensating mechanism that kicks in because of brain fog? Apparently visual acuity is part of the near death experience. Are you approaching a tunnel of light when this happens? If so, turn around and come back and say, "I am not ready yet." Sorry, shouldn't even kid about illness.

You know, people with CFS can eat like starving lumberjacks. No problem there. I have never lost my appetite with this freaking thing. On balance, its a good thing but still...
    Would be interesting to know if CFS is the result of a chronic corona virus, not the current lot, but something from way back. It would explain a lot. And if not infection from the same kind of virus, seems to have the same bradykinin immune weirdness happening as Covid likely does. Which means, it's primarily a heart and brain disease
    that likely originates in the lungs.

I am terribly sad for you, Aragorn. I hope so much you are able to get better.
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,467 Times in 10,172 Posts
    https://www.sott.net/article/445776-...ne-Shenanigans

Not sure how to respond to anyone here atm, appears to be a not caring energy here.
    ...to the topTop

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Sorry for your suffering Aragorn, can’t imagine

My babe’s bro had weird symptoms, the normal ones for a few days, fever not sure what else but seemed moderated. Then one night extreme abdominal pain that had him on his knees, super close to going to hospital. That passed after some time and he was feeling better the next day, night after that it was his feet, he said he couldn’t support his weight and was crawling around for the night. He has every typical American comorbidity in the book (including being a Fox News Republican) in his 60’s, said he could almost feel it moving around.

Scary sh!t, I’ll take house arrest all day rather than spend any amount of time in a building that could be infected with COVIDiot freedom fighters
    What is the purpose of your presence?
    ...to the topTop

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (17th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (17th December 2020), Wind (17th December 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    https://www.sott.net/article/445776-...ne-Shenanigans

Not sure how to respond to anyone here atm, appears to be a not caring energy here.
    Really? This video is all about caring Vern.

...to the topTop

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th December 2020), Aragorn (17th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (17th December 2020), Wind (17th December 2020)