Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chester's Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    And you went over to the fear fear fear thread and also told them so ?.

Points of view about the truth are more important than the truth when the world wide narrative is in change and by crikey it certainly is atm imo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    This is turning into a "mudslinging competition." I will not take part in it, guys. (The one with the strongest heard behind them will win). Naaa....
    I call handbags at 20 paces.............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020), modwiz (27th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    I call handbags at 20 paces.............
    But check those bags for poop first.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Elen (27th May 2020), Lord Sidious (27th May 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I don't know anyone who is emotionally invested in seeing people get sick and die, which is what has been happening. That's a really sick perspective and I'm saddened to see it here.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (27th May 2020), Elen (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020), Wind (27th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Who are these people who are invested and their perspective, feel this needs moderation yes ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Trump is highly invested...Over there? Aianawa...it ain't that far and the only separation is the spacebar...empty space...it should be filled with useful quantum energy.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2020)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    https://www.newsweek.com/japan-ends-...ckdown-1506336

Don't you just hate it when your arguments are destroyed by left leaning media?
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-...showall%3Dtrue

Oh wow... so half the planet may already be immune to the corona virus because having caught a corona virus in the past means you are now immune?

Don't you hate it when studies demonstrate the insanity of destroying every other facet of everyone's lives causes the DEMpanic™... er, I mean, the fear mongering over a virus with an adjusted mortality rate of .26% to lose its steam?

The US stock market on the rise...

China overtly "preparing for war."

Trump with big China announcement tomorrow!
    Last edited by Chester, 29th May 2020 at 00:22.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    I don't want to mess with your giddiness Chester, but here is something that should precipitate a 'Hmm'

Strains of Coronavirus

How Many Coronaviruses Are There?
    Coronaviruses didn’t just pop up recently. They’re a large family of viruses that have been around for a long time. Many of them can make people ill with sniffles or coughing. Before the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak, coronaviruses were thought to cause only mild respiratory infections in people.

The new (or “novel”) coronavirus is one of several known to infect humans. It’s probably been around for some time in animals. Sometimes, a virus in animals crosses over into people. That’s what scientists think happened here. So this virus isn’t new to the world, but it is new to humans. When scientists found out that it was making people sick in 2019, they named it as a novel coronavirus.

Human Coronavirus Types
    Scientists have divided coronaviruses into four sub-groupings, called alpha, beta, gamma, and delta. Seven of these viruses can infect people. The four common ones are:

229E (alpha)
    NL63 (alpha)
    OC43 (beta)
    HKU1 (beta)
    The three less-common ones are:

MERS-CoV, a beta virus that causes Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)
    SARS-CoV, a beta virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
    SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19
    Why Viruses Change
    Coronaviruses have all their genetic material in something called RNA (ribonucleic acid). RNA has some similarities to DNA, but they aren’t the same.

When viruses infect you, they attach to your cells, get inside them, and make copies of their RNA, which helps them spread. If there’s a copying mistake, the RNA gets changed. Scientists call those changes mutations.

These changes happen randomly and by accident. It’s a normal part of what happens to viruses as they multiply and spread.

Because the changes are random, they may make little to no difference in a person’s health. Other times, they may cause disease. For example, one reason you need a flu shot every year is because influenza viruses change from year to year. This year’s flu virus probably isn’t exactly the same one that circulated last year.

If a virus has a random change that makes it easier to infect people and it spreads, that strain will become more common.

The bottom line is that all viruses, including coronaviruses, can change over time. Scientists and doctors call slightly different versions of a virus new strains.

Second Coronavirus Strain
    You might have heard that there’s more than one strain of the new coronavirus. Is it true? The answer appears to be yes.

The theory about different strains of the new coronavirus comes from a study in China. Researchers were studying changes in coronavirus RNA over time to figure out how various coronaviruses are related to each other. They looked at 103 samples of the new coronavirus collected from people, and they looked at coronaviruses from animals. It turned out that the coronaviruses found in humans weren’t all the same.

There were two types, which the researchers called “L” and “S.” They’re very similar, with slight differences in two places. It looks like the S type came first. But the scientists say the L type was more common early in the outbreak. One may cause more disease than the other. Scientists need more data to really know what these strains mean to human health and COVID-19.

What to Expect
    As the coronavirus keeps spreading around the world, it will probably keep changing. Experts may find new strains. It’s impossible to predict how those virus changes might affect what happens. But change is just what viruses do.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2020), Dreamtimer (29th May 2020), Wind (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    Veee Vill Tell YOU vat to THINK!

It's just a ride

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2020), Dreamtimer (29th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    Take the Blue pill, Chester and then you can think whatever you want. And vey will have nothing to say about it.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th May 2020), Dreamtimer (29th May 2020), Elen (29th May 2020), Wind (29th May 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Well, at least you tried, NAP.

That's a good summary of the nature of the corona viruses. Their mutations are part of why we can't 'find a cure for the common cold'. Because it isn't common. It's an RNA virus which mutates.

If the newest mutation is less dangerous, then that's in line with what I said about our saving grace being that it mutates to just make us ill but not kill so many of us. A pathogen can't thrive if it keeps killing off its hosts.

Personally, I really don't care what people 'tell' me to think. I never have. I've always been an independent thinker. My husband still complains that I'm stubborn, but not too much because he knows that he wouldn't still be with me if I wasn't. Not too many women would have been able to hold their family together when their spouse went and had a baby with another woman. It takes a great deal of strength to handle that sort of shite. And I did what I knew was the right thing, not what others told me would be best.

I hope you can understand this, Chester.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th May 2020), Aragorn (30th May 2020), Elen (29th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th May 2020), Wind (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    That's a tough one DT, you know I've been through a similar situation but not with a spouse. I don't think 'we' would make it...before there were shots fired. My sympathies, for real.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th May 2020), Dreamtimer (29th May 2020), Elen (29th May 2020), Wind (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Take the Blue pill, Chester and then you can think whatever you want.
    Hey, now you are copying me!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th May 2020), Aragorn (30th May 2020), Dreamtimer (30th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th May 2020)

Thanks
    wha?! that's how things happen, sometimes we learn things and don't even realize it...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th May 2020), Aragorn (30th May 2020), Dreamtimer (30th May 2020), Wind (29th May 2020)