Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31717879808182838491 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1427

Thread: Coronavirus with an R0 of 3 or beyond

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I' d say if you have any underlying medical condition or are pregnant, taking an mRNA vaccine certainly looks like a bad idea right now. It is pretty bad, how the media, medical establishment, big tech, big pharma and governments all over the world have closed ranks to deny the very real and serious long-term risk potential of these untested vaccines (in the sense, that no trials were done to study their long-term effects).

I believe the Sinopharm vaccine is safe, but it is only available in a few countries right now. I haven't seen much information on the vector vaccines, like Sputnik and Astrazeneca, blood clotting seems to be an issue and has caused some deaths, but I don't know what the long-term effects would be once the initial danger period has passed. Again, a lack of long-term trials leaves us in the dark.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (22nd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd July 2021), Wind (22nd July 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post

As for the book, it is largely autobiographical. I got the idea to write it after listening to some NDE accounts, some of which had been made into books and I realised how similar they were in many ways to my Kundalini Awakening experience and its aftermath. I think I also owe it to myself and perhaps the world to make a detailed account of my own profound spiritual experiences, the circumstances leading up to it, the aftermath and my conclusions on what may have happened and how it fits into what we know about reality, the afterlife, enlightenment, spiritual awakening and related topics.

I don't expect it will ever be published, but at least it will help create some clarity for myself and if someone really wants to read about my spiritual awakening in detail, I can send them a copy of the book.

It's actually coming around nicely, I estimate I'm about a third of the way there.
    Excellent! I'm so glad it's not about politics... But seriously, I was hoping it was about spirituality and your experiences. I like when you write about them here. And I, too, think you should share it with the world.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2021), Chris (22nd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd July 2021), Wind (22nd July 2021), Zebowho (22nd July 2021)

Thanks
    From Bloomberg. (nothing is the be-all, end-all. information and analysis are part of a process)

Who’s spreading disinformation about the vaccines?

Traditional anti-vaccine activists have increasingly joined forces with figures on the alt-right, a primarily online political movement based in the U.S. whose members espouse extremist beliefs typically centered on ideas of white nationalism. High-profile conservatives including Fox News personality Tucker Carlson have raised doubts about Covid vaccines generally. According to the U.S. State Department, several online platforms linked to Russian Intelligence have spread disinformation about mRNA vaccines; Moderna and Pfizer are U.S.-based companies. A Kaiser Family Foundation survey found that vaccine refusers are disproportionately reliant on Facebook for their information, whereas people who want the vaccine are more likely to read newspapers or watch network TV news.
    What are they saying?

That steps were skipped in developing and authorizing the vaccines: ...Companies sped up the process by performing some testing steps in parallel, and, in the case of Moderna’s vaccine, the U.S. government took financial risks by paying to gear up manufacturing before results were in.
    The vaccines have never been approved by the FDA: That’s true in the sense that the agency has given only emergency-use authorization so far... The FDA established in advance that to win authorization, Covid vaccines had to prove to be at least 50% effective in preventing illness in large-scale trials and had to demonstrate safety with two months’ of follow-up data on trial participants. Also, the vaccines were vetted by a panel of independent advisers. Both Moderna and Pfizer have said they plan to apply for regular approval for the vaccines this year.
    Critics have taken to labeling mRNA vaccines a form of gene therapy, insinuating that the shots might somehow alter your DNA: They don’t... “They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention explains. In fact, mRNA molecules in the vaccines, which are short-lived, don’t enter the nucleus of cells, where DNA is stored....
    That the lipid nanoparticles in the vaccines may contain antifreeze: That’s not true. Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol, which is toxic. The lipid nanoparticles instead include polyethylene glycol, an inert compound found in everyday products like toothpaste and shampoo and in many drugs including laxatives.
    That the vaccines can cause antibody-dependent enhancement, or a worse case of disease in those who become sick despite inoculation: This was a theoretical concern when testing of Covid vaccines began. There were hints of this problem in animal studies of some vaccines for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).... However, no indication of this emerged in human trials of mRNA vaccines for Covid, according to Stanley Perlman, a coronavirus researcher at the University of Iowa, who served on the FDA advisory panel that reviewed the vaccines.
    That we don’t know the long-term effects of the vaccines: That’s always the case with new vaccines. But vaccine side effects usually show up within the first couple of months after vaccination, which is why the FDA insisted on two months of safety data before authorizing them. Adverse event reports since then have not detected patterns of death that would indicate a problem with the vaccines, the CDC says.
    (this will continue to be observed and examined. it's not a 'done deal')

That there are more adverse event reports for Covid vaccines than there have been for influenza vaccines: That’s not an appropriate or meaningful comparison, says Aaron Kesselheim, a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. The number of these reports tends to surge when a treatment or vaccine is in the news, and nothing has been more in the headlines than Covid vaccines. In the U.S., these reports can be filed by anyone and don’t constitute confirmation that a vaccine caused an adverse event. Given the large numbers being inoculated, some unlucky people will get sick and even die shortly after getting shots, regardless of the vaccine.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2021), Chris (22nd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd July 2021), Wind (22nd July 2021)

Thanks
    This article from Medium examines the concerns surrounding lipid nanoparticles and their ability to enter many of the body's systems (bringing the spike protein with them). This article is from March. (I can't copy/paste from it as it's a free member-only article and I've apparently got just one more that I can read as I'm not a member).

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd July 2021), Chris (22nd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd July 2021), Wind (22nd July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Excellent! I'm so glad it's not about politics... But seriously, I was hoping it was about spirituality and your experiences. I like when you write about them here. And I, too, think you should share it with the world.
    Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement.

I'm really trying to stay away from politics these days, I comment on it only when it has a direct effect on my life, such as the vaccine wars (including the suppression of Russian and Chinese vaccines for political purposes), or the current information war on Hungary, which means no EU funds for us this year (yet, we still have to pay into the common burse of course) and subsequently a lower standard of living for everyone in the country.

I only wish I had more time to concentrate on writing my book, some days I don't get to it at all.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd July 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd July 2021), Wind (22nd July 2021)

Thanks
    Folks have heard of the brain fog after having Covid19. It's a potentially serious thing.

Large study finds COVID-19 is linked to a substantial drop in intelligence

People who have recovered from COVID-19 tend to score significantly lower on an intelligence test compared to those who have not contracted the virus, according to new research published in The Lancet journal EClinicalMedicine. The findings suggest that the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 can produce substantial reductions in cognitive ability, especially among those with more severe illness.
    For their study, Hampshire and his team analyzed data from 81,337 participants who completed the intelligence test between January and December 2020. Of the entire sample, 12,689 individuals reported that they had experienced COVID-19, with varying degrees of respiratory severity.

After controlling for factors such as age, sex, handedness, first language, education level, and other variables, the researchers found that those who had contracted COVID-19 tended to underperform on the intelligence test compared to those who had not contracted the virus. The greatest deficits were observed on tasks requiring reasoning, planning and problem solving, which is in line “with reports of long-COVID, where ‘brain fog,’ trouble concentrating and difficulty finding the correct words are common,” the researchers said.
    “We need to be careful as it looks like the virus could be affecting our cognition. We do not fully understand how, why, or for how long, but we urgently need to find out. In the meantime, don’t take unnecessary risks and do get vaccinated,” Hampshire told PsyPost.
    The level of cognitive underperformance was also associated with the level of illness severity, with those who were hospitalized on a ventilator showing the greatest deficits. The observed deficit for COVID-19 patients who had been put on a ventilator equated to a 7-point drop in IQ. The deficit was even larger than the deficits observed for individuals who had previously suffered a stroke and who reported learning disabilities.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th July 2021), Chris (27th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (26th July 2021), Wind (26th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Folks have heard of the brain fog after having Covid19. It's a potentially serious thing.
    I'd take that with a grain of salt. "Controlled for handedness" ? Not sure, I suppose the nature of the tests could matter, but controlling for handedness. Never heard of that one? Though, I believe the Lancet is a highly respected source.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th July 2021), Chris (27th July 2021), Dreamtimer (26th July 2021), Wind (26th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    I'd take that with a grain of salt. "Controlled for handedness" ? Not sure, I suppose the nature of the tests could matter, but controlling for handedness. Never heard of that one? Though, I believe the Lancet is a highly respected source.
    Left-handedness does have an impact on the test results if the tests were primarily optimized for right-handed people. You always have to keep in mind that passing any given test only qualifies you as having passed that particular test. It says nothing about how smart you really are ─ or for that matter, how stupid.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (27th July 2021), Dreamtimer (26th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (26th July 2021), Wind (26th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Left-handedness does have an impact on the test results if the tests were primarily optimized for right-handed people. You always have to keep in mind that passing any given test only qualifies you as having passed that particular test. It says nothing about how smart you really are ─ or for that matter, how stupid.
    lol, Nice finishing touch ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th July 2021), Chris (27th July 2021), Wind (26th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    The below article comes from a dubious source, but it is the first time I have seen a comprehensive and plausible explanation as to why spike protein vaccines (all of them, except for the Chinese ones) can cause blood clotting issues and why these effects can linger for a long time, causing symptoms like shortness of breath.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ca...covid-19-shots

Canadian doctor warns the worst is ‘yet to come’ from blood clotting damage linked to COVID-19 shots

Dr. Charles Hoffe says 62 percent of the individuals who received injection have shown evidence of clotting,

A Canadian doctor claims he has seen blood clotting in the majority of his patients who have had COVID-19 jabs and has issued a “grim” outlook that the worst is “yet to come” due to potential “permanent” damage caused by the injections.

“And so, I'm still trying to accumulate more information. But on the ones I have so far, 62 percent of them have evidence of clotting, which means that these blood clots are not rare. It means that the majority of people are getting blood clots that they have no idea that they're even having,” said Dr. Charles Hoffe of Lytton, British Columbia, in an interview with Vancouver-based Christian broadcaster Laura-Lynn Tyler Thompson last week.

“So, Laura-Lynn, the most alarming thing about this is that there are some parts of your body, like your heart and your brain and spinal cord and lungs, which cannot regenerate. When those tissues are damaged by blood vessels, they are permanently damaged.”

Hoffe’s remarks are not his first concerning COVID-19 injections.

In April, he was punished by his local health authority because he raised concerns about the side effects he observed in some of those who had received the Moderna COVID-19 jab within his community.

Hoffe said he was barred from working in the local ER after his local health authority “suspended” his clinical privileges “for the crime of causing ‘vaccine hesitancy,’ for speaking out about my vaccine injured patients.”

Hoffe told Tyler Thompson that in a single dose of one COVID-19 jab (Moderna) there are “40 trillion messenger RNA molecules” and that only 25 percent of the jab stays at the injection site.

The rest of the COVID-19 injection, said Hoffe, goes on to “circulate through the bloodstream, and end up in the tiny capillary vessels,” whereby one’s body “then gets to work reading these genes and manufacturing trillions and trillions of COVID spike proteins.”

Hoffe said the spike proteins that one’s body begins to manufacture are in the “trillions,” and become part of one’s “vascular endothelium.”

This is where issues come up, according to Hoffe. He said the cells that line one’s blood vessels are “supposed to be smooth so that your blood flows smoothly.”

“Now we have these little spiky bits sticking out. So it is absolutely inevitable that blood clots will form because your blood platelets circulate around in your vessels,” said Hoffe.

Hoffe explained that the clots are “microscopic.”

“These are tiny, literally on a capillary level, and they are scattered throughout your capillary network. So they are not going to show on any scan, they are just too small and too scattered,” said Hoffe.

The ‘worst is yet to come,’ warns Doctor
    Hoffe gave a dire warning, saying that the “mechanism of injury” from the COVID-19 shots is “causing permanent damage” to organs that cannot regenerate and that “the worst is yet to come.”

“Because, you know, there are some tissues in your body like intestine and liver and kidneys that can regenerate to quite a good degree. But brain and spinal cord and heart, muscle and lungs do not. When they're damaged, it's permanent,” said Hoffe.

“Like all these young people who are now getting myocarditis from these shots, they have permanently damaged hearts. It doesn't matter how mild it is, they will not be able to do what they used to be able to do because heart muscle does not regenerate. So this is the terrifying concern.”

He then said the long-term outlook is “very grim.”

“With each successive shot, the damage will add and add. And it's going to be cumulative because you're progressively getting more and more damaged capillaries,” said Hoffe.

Hoffe said the only predictable way to “find out for sure” if the clots are there is to do what is called a blood D-Dimer test, which he says he has been doing on his patients.

“And so, the D-Dimer is a blood test that shows a recent blood clot. It doesn't show anything else other than a recent blood clot. And it won’t show an old blood clot, it only shows new blood clots. And so, I have been doing that on my patients, finding people who have recently had their COVID shot within the previous seven days, to needs to be between four and seven days and doing a blood test on them called a D dimer,” said Hoffe.

Hoffe said that in his practice, he has seen six people who showed reduced lung capacity, meaning “that they just get out of breath much more easily than they used to.”

“I have one fellow that used to walk to my office every week for actually for an arthritis injection who told me that he could walk two miles without any problem. And now after a quarter of a mile, he is absolutely out of breath. And it has been like that for five months,” said Hoffe.

Hoffe noted that what has happened to his six patients is that the clots have plugged up “thousands of tiny capillaries in their lungs.”

“And the terrifying thing about this is not just that these people are not short of breath and can't do what they used to be able to do. But once you block off a significant number of blood vessels through your lungs, your heart is now pumping at a much greater resistance to try and get the blood through your lungs. And the problem, so that causes a condition called pulmonary artery hypertension, like high blood pressure in your lungs,” said Hoffe.

“And that the terrifying thing of this is that people with pulmonary artery hypertension usually die of right-sided heart failure within three years.”

Just recently, Hoffe was one of 10 doctors who spoke in a video calling for an end to “ethically unjustifiable” COVID-19 lockdowns. The video was published by Professionals Against Lockdowns, which was created by Liberty Coalition Canada.

Health Canada has authorized four COVID-19 injections for adults. All of them have also been associated with severe side effects such as blood clots, rashes, miscarriages, and even heart attacks in young healthy men.

After announcing last year that vaccine makers would be shielded from liability regarding COVID-19 jab-related injuries, the Canadian federal government launched the nation’s first-ever program designed to financially compensate those who have suffered adverse side effects from any type of vaccine, the Vaccine Injury Support Program (VISP).

According to official Canadian government statistics, as of July 16, there have been a total of 9,615 COVID-19 “vaccine-related” adverse “events” since the first shots were given in late 2020, of which 2,222 were deemed serious. In Canada, 41,526,682 COVID-19 jabs have been administered.
    Last edited by Chris, 27th July 2021 at 12:12.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Dreamtimer (27th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021), Wind (27th July 2021)

Thanks
    Here's some info about recent research. Not the final word, of course.

But the vaccine-induced proteins do not appear to cause any harmful effects. This may be because the vaccine is administered in the muscle, and so muscle cells are the ones taking up the mRNA and making spike proteins. There is a vigorous immune response which neutralizes the spike proteins before they can cause any harm. This is very different from a virus replicating throughout the body.
    I read (elsewhere) about poly-tails. The mRNA has poly-tails which reduce after each replication of a protein until they have no tail and can no longer code for proteins. At that point they break down and the cell rids itself of the debris. This is how cells normally regulate protein production.

It’s important not to confuse not knowing everything with knowing nothing. The safety data on the mRNA vaccines is robust. Most vaccine serious side effects occur within six weeks, which is why the FDA wanted at least 6 weeks of safety data before giving the vaccines an EUA. We now have more than 6 months of data, including several months with millions of doses. It is very unlikely there are any surprises still in store with either of the mRNA vaccines. The risk is vanishingly small, while the benefit is clear.
    The above quoted paragraphs are from and article published in May by Science-Based Medicine which is owned and operated by the New England Skeptical Society

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Chris (27th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021), Wind (27th July 2021)

Thanks
    The Thorny Problem Of COVID-19 Vaccines And Spike Proteins

New research by Yuyang Lei and colleagues published in the journal Circulation Research sheds new light on how the spike protein might play a critical role in the widespread damage caused by SARS-CoV2, and offers insight into treating the complications of COVID-19.

Vaccine skeptics have seized on the study to cast doubt on the safety of vaccines. But a review of the study’s findings shows that the concerns raised by vaccine doubters are much ado about nothing.
    The significance of the work by Lei and colleagues has been overshadowed by the concerns raised by vaccine skeptics. Their claims of a looming vaccine catastrophe brought about by vaccine-induced spike proteins fails to consider that the spike protein of vaccines is different than the natural form; that its engineered shape prevents activation; and that multiple elements confine spike protein expression to a highly localized collection of cells whose purpose is to activate the immunity vaccines are designed to produce.

Ironically, the same study cited by vaccine skeptics as proof of their arguments draws a very different conclusion than the negative ones they espouse. Lei and colleagues conclude their paper by noting that their study “suggests that vaccination-generated antibody and/or exogenous antibody against [spike] protein not only protects the host from SARS-CoV-2 infectivity but also inhibits [spike] protein imposed endothelial injury.” In other words, the spike proteins used by currently available vaccines actually offer a double layer of protection.
    from Science2.0

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Chris (27th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021)

Thanks
    Scientists have known for a while that SARS-CoV-2’s distinctive “spike” proteins help the virus infect its host by latching on to healthy cells. Now, a major new study shows that the virus spike proteins (which behave very differently than those safely encoded by vaccines) also play a key role in the disease itself.

The paper, published on April 30, 2021, in Circulation Research, also shows conclusively that COVID-19 is a vascular disease, demonstrating exactly how the SARS-CoV-2 virus damages and attacks the vascular system on a cellular level. The findings help explain COVID-19’s wide variety of seemingly unconnected complications, and could open the door for new research into more effective therapies.

A lot of people think of it as a respiratory disease, but it’s really a vascular disease,” says Assistant Research Professor Uri Manor, who is co-senior author of the study. “That could explain why some people have strokes, and why some people have issues in other parts of the body. The commonality between them is that they all have vascular underpinnings.”
    From the Salk Institute

(bold is mine)

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Chris (27th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    But the vaccine-induced proteins do not appear to cause any harmful effects. This may be because the vaccine is administered in the muscle, and so muscle cells are the ones taking up the mRNA and making spike proteins. There is a vigorous immune response which neutralizes the spike proteins before they can cause any harm. This is very different from a virus replicating throughout the body.
    Thanks DT,

I am trying to get to the bottom of this as well.

The problem with the above quote is precisely what was quoted in the article by the Canadian Doctor above and also what Brett Weinstein stated earlier.

Apparently only 25 percent of the mRNA material stays in the muscle where it was first injected to and the rest disperses through the body, causing Spike Protein production and eventual accumulation, particularly in the lining of microarteries and capillaries all over the body.

The concern is precisely that the above assumption is in fact incorrect and there is evidence pointing in that direction.

Also, regarding this statement:

Their claims of a looming vaccine catastrophe brought about by vaccine-induced spike proteins fails to consider that the spike protein of vaccines is different than the natural form; that its engineered shape prevents activation; and that multiple elements confine spike protein expression to a highly localized collection of cells whose purpose is to activate the immunity vaccines are designed to produce.
    The evidence seems to point precisely to the opposite, that is the spike protein expression isn't localised and indeed occurs all over the body, hence causing the now well-documented long covid-like symptoms in a significant number of the vaccinated.

I cannot say, whether this also applies to the AstraZeneca and Sputnik Vaccines, perhaps they have found a way to circumvent the harmful effects of body-wide, mRna-induced toxic spike protein production, but more data and studies are needed.
    Last edited by Chris, 27th July 2021 at 19:42.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Dreamtimer (27th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021), Wind (27th July 2021)

Thanks
    This article from ScienceBasedMedicine examines claims being made by Dr. Bridle from Canada. He's a doctor of Veterinary medicine in Canada. And he's trying to develop his own vaccine. (The article notes instances of anti-vaccine figures who were themselves developing vaccines and desired to undermine their competition).

The article overall is a detailed breakdown of various claims, mostly surrounding female infertility, and how they are either unfounded or misguided.

I'm quite skeptical of this Canadian doctor. His motivations contain too much personal conflict of interest.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021)