Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1427

Thread: Coronavirus with an R0 of 3 or beyond

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I can't resist this. Market Watch had an article about the effects of the disease on men.

Market Watch may not seem like the first name to turn to for medical news, but Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy, the author of the Market Watch article, is also one of the members of a team which found that COVID-19 causes both erectile dysfunction and infertility in men.

For months, rumors have been circulating about the COVID-19 vaccines causing such issues. Those rumors are simply untrue. There is no evidence that the vaccines can cause infertility among men or women.

But the disease certainly can.

In a study that included dissecting the testicles of six men (all dead, so stop screaming), Dr. Ramasamy and a team of urologists found that half of those tested had reduced sperm count. Oh, and sampling from a survivor (you can resume screaming now) showed that not only were sperm counts reduced, COVID-19 can continue to live in the testes months after the initial infection.

And that isn’t even the part of this news that will cause most men to flinch. Because another study involved “an analysis of penile tissue” from two men who needed “penile implants” after COVID-19 led to severe erectile dysfunction. The suspected cause here is the same thing that is thought to be behind much of the damage COVID-19 can do to the heart, brain, and other organs—blood clots. Those clots lead to decreased blood flow. Decreased blood flow leads to frustration and embarrassment.
    Oh, the irony.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Chris (28th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Joe Rogan and Jimmy Dore discussing this very topic, they reflect my exact thoughts on the subject. It really sucks that we can't have an adult, rational, public conversation on this subject and everything has to be politicised. People are dying left and right or living with symptoms of long covid (permanent damage to their organs) because of this and it is a scandal in my view.

Like a friend of mine at work, Jimmy Dore got an mRNA vaccine at the recommendation of his doctor. After the first shot, the long-covid like lingering side effects dissipated after a week. After the next shot, they never went away. When he reported it on twitter he was immediately attacked and called an anti-vaxxer, even though he took the damned vaccine.

Apparently, if you get vaccine side-effects, or if you are cured by taking invermectin, you are a right-wing kook who must be shut down. This is absolute madness.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Dreamtimer (28th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th July 2021), modwiz (29th July 2021), Wind (28th July 2021)

Thanks
    I agree. The whole atmosphere around this pandemic has been political. It was so weird to me to see Trump's initial response. He would have had a second term in the bag if he'd handled it halfway well. It seems he was too short-sighted and was more concerned about the stock market. All he had to do was just the basics. That's all.

I looked into the Spanish flu pandemic. People didn't want to talk about it. It faded into distant memory as soon as it ended. And there were many of the same dynamics with mask resistance, etc.

It may not be possible for these things to be apolitical. Politics is how we deal with competitive dynamics and collective decisions. Or else it's war and authoritarianism. So I'll take the former for now and try not feed into the atmosphere of extreme judgement.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Chris (28th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2021), Wind (28th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Good points, DT.

My own perspective has shifted somewhat in the past month.

A couple of months ago I would have happily taken an mRNA vaccine, based on the information available then, it seemed like a no-brainer. Now, I wouldn't take one, unless somebody literally held a gun to my head and I had no other choice. What has changed in the intervening time?

The information coming out about Vaccine side effects. We can only ever act on the information available to us at the time of making a decision, hindsight is always 20/20.

There is talk now of a third shot being offered to those that are particularly at risk from the new Delta Variant. Those that got Sinopharm, would be offered an mRNA vaccine as a booster.

Until I find compelling information with evidence that the vaccine side effects reported are a hoax and none of it is true, I am not taking any risks. I'd be happy to take a third Sinopharm shot as a booster, I trust the old, tried and tested technology of using inactivated viruses, it may be less effective, but from what we currently know, entirely safe. Studies have been done here in Hungary about its efficacy, and it is only around 79 percent, still not bad, about the same as the Astrazeneca Vaccine and I have not come across a single report of blood clotting, shortness of breath or any other commonly reported side effects as with the other vaccines.

Hungary will actually start manufacturing its own version of the Sinopharm vaccine from next year, in a newly built vaccine factory. It seems the government made the right decision in going with this tech and it will pay off in the long run, as it seems this chinese-manufactured bioweapon will be with us for years to come.

I still don't know what's going on with the Vector Vaccines (Sputnik, Astrazeneca, and, I think, Johnson and Johnson?), but with the Astrazeneca one, blood clotting has been an issue from the beginning, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not a medical professional, but to me, it seems the mRNA vaccines will end up being banned in most of the world, when the long-term side effects become more obvious. Most countries will have to scramble to switch to old-school inactivated virus vaccines and China has completely cornered the market for now. I have no idea what's going on with Sputnik though, the lack of information on side effects, and in fact, the active suppession of information and reporting on the subject is really frustrating and makes it very difficult to form an informed opinion.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2021), Dreamtimer (29th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2021), Wind (28th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Joe Rogan and Jimmy Dore discussing this very topic, they reflect my exact thoughts on the subject. It really sucks that we can't have an adult, rational, public conversation on this subject and everything has to be politicised. People are dying left and right or living with symptoms of long covid (permanent damage to their organs) because of this and it is a scandal in my view.

Like a friend of mine at work, Jimmy Dore got an mRNA vaccine at the recommendation of his doctor. After the first shot, the long-covid like lingering side effects dissipated after a week. After the next shot, they never went away. When he reported it on twitter he was immediately attacked and called an anti-vaxxer, even though he took the damned vaccine.

Apparently, if you get vaccine side-effects, or if you are cured by taking invermectin, you are a right-wing kook who must be shut down. This is absolute madness.

that's what he gets for being a Republican in liberal clothing ... really, I don't believe that story ... what are the odds? Really?!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    that's what he gets for being a Republican in liberal clothing ... really, I don't believe that story ... what are the odds? Really?!
    Apparently, I'm talking to a wall here.

In that one comment you demonstrate exactly what is wrong with this type of thinking.

If you honestly believe that someone deserves to have the rest of their life destroyed with a chronic condition, because they aren't 100 percent aligned with you politically, I don't know what that says about you as a human being, but it is exactly the kind of thinking I'm rallying against.

Also, you are simply in denial, vaccine injuries from mRNA-vaccines are happenning all over the place, but it is mostly anecdotal, since the usual suspects have conspired in a criminal fashion to suppress any news of this getting out.

The script has completely flipped and whereas only a couple of years ago, the political Left was holding big pharma's feet to the fire and holding them accountable for their bad behaviour, now they are covering for them.

I think it is shameful how they have behaved during this pandemic. There is very clear evidence that most covid vaccines out there have harmful side effects and offer little protection against new, mutated variants as seen recently in fully vaccinated Israel. Yet, news of this is actively being suppressed and people who dare to report on it are being cancelled by big tech and big pharma, left and right.

All covid vaccines out there only have emergency approval, they haven't gone through the proper vetting and long-term trial process as would normally be required. This was always a risky approach to take, however, in the midst of a pandemic, it seemed like the right choice, with the little available data we had at the time. However, with the benefit of hindsight, it may have been a hasty and rash move. The evidence seems to indicate that mRNA vaccines are simply not ready for widespread adoption yet, they need to be studied, tested and fine-tuned probably for another decade at least.

Due to the "Psychology of Previous Investment" people, Politicians, Journos and Pharma Execs in particular aren't ready to admit they were wrong yet and will probably fight tooth and nail to stop the truth from getting out, but eventually reality will come a'knocking.

The terrible side effect of this is all the censorship that has become a normal part of our lives now and the tyrannical measures that are being introduced to force vaccine sceptics into compliance.

Pretty soon, you won't be able to do anything if you're unvaccinated and under the cover of the pandemic, a police state apparatus has been built up all over the world.

Now, I understand that the virus is bad, I was hospitalised with covid after all and I did take a vaccine, which i still think was the right decision. Yet, when new information comes to light, we must adjust our views accordingly and avoid getting entrenched in positions that are no longer defensible, just because the mainstream, or our political tribe says so.

If you can't think for yourself, you are just a waste of space. That is the way I see it.
    Last edited by Chris, 29th July 2021 at 08:08.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2021), cat (29th July 2021), Dreamtimer (29th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2021), modwiz (29th July 2021), PurpleLama (30th July 2021), Wind (29th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts

In that one comment you demonstrate exactly what is wrong with this type of thinking.

If you honestly believe that someone deserves to have the rest of their life destroyed with a chronic condition, because they aren't 100 percent aligned with you politically, I don't know what that says about you as a human being, but it is exactly the kind of thinking I'm rallying against.

Also, you are simply in denial, vaccine injuries from mRNA-vaccines are happenning all over the place, but it is mostly anecdotal, since the usual suspects have conspired in a criminal fashion to suppress any news of this getting out.

The script has completely flipped and whereas only a couple of years ago, the political Left was holding big pharma's feet to the fire and holding them accountable for their bad behaviour, now they are covering for them.

I think it is shameful how they have behaved during this pandemic. There is very clear evidence that most covid vaccines out there have harmful side effects and offer little protection against new, mutated variants as seen recently in fully vaccinated Israel. Yet, news of this is actively being suppressed and people who dare to report on it are being cancelled by big tech and big pharma, left and right.

All covid vaccines out there only have emergency approval, they haven't gone through the proper vetting and long-term trial process as would normally be required. This was always a risky approach to take, however, in the midst of a pandemic, it seemed like the right choice, with the little available data we had at the time. However, with the benefit of hindsight, it may have been a hasty and rash move. The evidence seems to indicate that mRNA vaccines are simply not ready for widespread adoption yet, they need to be studied, tested and fine-tuned probably for another decade at least.

Due to the "Psychology of Previous Investment" people, Politicians, Journos and Pharma Execs in particular aren't ready to admit they were wrong yet and will probably fight tooth and nail to stop the truth from getting out, but eventually reality will come a'knocking.

The terrible side effect of this is all the censorship that has become a normal part of our lives now and the tyrannical measures that are being introduced to force vaccine sceptics into compliance.

Pretty soon, you won't be able to do anything if you're unvaccinated and under the cover of the pandemic, a police state apparatus has been built up all over the world.

Now, I understand that the virus is bad, I was hospitalised with covid after all and I did take a vaccine, which i still think was the right decision. Yet, when new information comes to light, we must adjust our views accordingly and avoid getting entrenched in positions that are no longer defensible, just because the mainstream, or our political tribe says so.

If you can't think for yourself, you are just a waste of space. That is the way I see it.
    I hear you. Just want you to know.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2021), Chris (29th July 2021), Dreamtimer (29th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2021), PurpleLama (30th July 2021), Wind (29th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I hear you. Just want you to know.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2021), Dreamtimer (29th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2021), Wind (29th July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    We actually have some numbers from the EU's adverse drug reactions database as to which of the currently used vaccines are responsible for how many vaccine deaths and injuries. I have not seen this reported anywhere in the mainstream media, which is a worry in itself. I do believe the below numbers are accurate, they were compiled by volunteers on global research, using the EudraVigilance database.

*These totals are estimates based on reports submitted to EudraVigilance. Totals may be much higher based on percentage of adverse reactions that are reported. Some of these reports may also be reported to the individual country’s adverse reaction databases, such as the U.S. VAERS database and the UK Yellow Card system. The fatalities are grouped by symptoms, and some fatalities may have resulted from multiple symptoms.

Source:

read://https_www.globalresearch.ca/?...hots%2F5750722

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2021), Dreamtimer (30th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2021), Wind (29th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts

Well as usual Modwiz missed the point badly ... I don't believe for even a minute ... I'll give Dore a few seconds ... that he's suffering chronic anything except for the b.s. that comes out of his mouth in a steady stream ... He's a clown and wants to get paid for it! so there!

We actually have some numbers from the EU's adverse drug reactions database as to which of the currently used vaccines are responsible for how many vaccine deaths and injuries. I have not seen this reported anywhere in the mainstream media, which is a worry in itself. I do believe the below numbers are accurate, they were compiled by volunteers on global research, using the EudraVigilance database.

*These totals are estimates based on reports submitted to EudraVigilance. Totals may be much higher based on percentage of adverse reactions that are reported. Some of these reports may also be reported to the individual country’s adverse reaction databases, such as the U.S. VAERS database and the UK Yellow Card system. The fatalities are grouped by symptoms, and some fatalities may have resulted from multiple symptoms.

Source:

read://https_www.globalresearch.ca/?...hots%2F5750722
    Those numbers are presented in an incorrect format? Is that a European way of describing scientific data? And they look inaccurate?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th July 2021)

Thanks
    Looking more into the development of the mRNA vaccines. (again, not the be-all, end-all)

The vaccines made by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech use messenger RNA, or mRNA, to deliver a message to your immune system with instructions on how to fight the coronavirus infection.

Researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades. mRNA vaccines have been studied before for influenza, Zika and rabies. Beyond vaccines, cancer research has used mRNA to trigger the immune system to target specific cancer cells.
    Unlike vaccines that put a weakened or inactivated virus in your body to activate an immune response, the two COVID-19 vaccines use messenger RNA, or mRNA, to deliver a message to your immune system. In this case, the message tells your cells to create a harmless piece of a specific spike protein that’s found on the surface of COVID-19. Your body recognizes that the spike protein doesn’t belong and starts creating antibodies to remove it. In doing so, your body’s immune system becomes prepared to fight the virus if you encounter it.

It’s important to know that mRNA doesn’t affect your genes in any way because it never enters the nucleus of cells, where your DNA is kept. After the mRNA does its job, it breaks down and is flushed out of your system within hours. It’s also important to know that although mRNA technology for vaccines is new, the mRNA technology itself isn’t. Therapies using mRNA have been around for years and are currently being used to treat cancer and viral diseases.
    In Phase 3, the Pfizer-BioNTech trial for adults included more than 44,000 people, and the Moderna Phase 3 trial had more than 30,000. The volunteers, initially all adults, represented a range of races and ethnicities. The researchers kept track of how many people — both those who received the vaccine and the placebo group — came down with COVID-19.

Both vaccines proved to be more than 90% effective in preventing symptomatic cases of COVID-19. The FDA reviewed the data from both trials to ensure it was accurate.

What isn’t known yet is how long the vaccine protects you from COVID-19. The first participants in the clinical trials received the drug six months ago, so we know it’s at least that long, but can’t be certain beyond that. It also isn’t certain whether vaccinated people can still carry and spread the virus. That’s why it’s important to continue to wear your mask and practice physical distancing after being vaccinated.
    All COVID-19 vaccines have to meet the same rigorous FDA safety standards as any other vaccine.

You may be wondering then, how these COVID-19 vaccines were developed so quickly compared to the vaccines of the past, which took years to create. The speed happened on the front end in the development of the vaccines. Because of massive public and private funding, many of the financial hurdles that can delay research projects were removed. But the testing and approval processes were no different than those for other vaccines in the past.
    From University of Missouri

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2021), Chris (31st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2021), Wind (30th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,107 Times in 20,308 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Looking more into the development of the mRNA vaccines. (again, not the be-all, end-all)

What isn’t known yet is how long the vaccine protects you from COVID-19. The first participants in the clinical trials received the drug six months ago, so we know it’s at least that long, but can’t be certain beyond that.
    Well, I've had Covid-19 twice, six months apart almost down to the day. So that's about as long as the vaccine will remain effective.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It also isn’t certain whether vaccinated people can still carry and spread the virus.
    They can and they do. This was recently discovered ─ i.e. about two weeks ago.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (31st July 2021), Dreamtimer (30th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2021), Wind (30th July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanks. This was likely posted before that.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2021), Chris (31st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2021), Wind (31st July 2021)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    They can and they do. This was recently discovered ─ i.e. about two weeks ago.
    Yes, which is why the CDC is advising the vaccinated to mask up, because they are spreading the virus even if they themselves aren't showing any symptoms.

Not sure what that implies, but it doesn't seem to me that the vaccination drive has been particularly successful. It simply didn't do what it promised on the tin. The only benefit I can see, is that those that are vaccinated seem to have milder illnesses, but it comes at the cost of a significant risk of vaccine injuries in the first place.

What we haven't actually seen and this is obviously being actively suppressed, is how many people escaped serious covid symptoms due to vaccinations vs how many people suffered serious vaccination side effects, that may have been worse than getting covid, unvaccinated in the first place. Since this isn't being studied or talked about, in fact, any discussion of it is strictly Verboten, I suspect that news isn't good on that front. It may be, that we are actually seeing more harm than benefit from the global vaccination drive and we have to go back to the drawing board and look at alternative ways of treating covid, because nothing we tried so far, whether lockdowns, masks, social distancing or vaccines, has actually worked consistently and in the long run, maybe even causing more harm than good.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st July 2021), Dreamtimer (31st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2021), Wind (31st July 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    I feel like this just has been a test run so to speak... More is to come.
    Last edited by Wind, 1st August 2021 at 12:31.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st July 2021), Chris (31st July 2021), Dreamtimer (31st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2021)