Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus with an R0 of 3 or beyond

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    that's cold, Aragorn ... so unlike you ...
    Well, first of all, considering the circumstances, I am not feeling any guilt toward He Who Shall Not Be Named™, because that's exactly the kind of thing He Who Shall Not Be Named™ himself has been doing ─ and without a shred of remorse ─ to other members, yourself included.

Secondly, there is also far less bitterness on my part in that pun than what you might suspect, because I have a quirky sense of humor in which I can easily make abstractions and laugh at the abstractions themselves, as opposed to at the people directly.

Thirdly, perhaps this little taste of He Who Shall Not Be Named™'s own medicine will awaken him to the error of his ways. The best way to teach misbehaving children is to put them in the shoes of those whom they themselves have been misbehaving against, in which case my allusion will (hopefully) have had an educational effect on the individual in question. And if so, then that's a good thing. And if not, then karma will undoubtedly deal with him later, until he does finally get it.

P.S.: The black and ashy thing is a metaphor for someone's name currently showing in black in there, just in case you were wondering where the inspiration came from.

Some good research has been done on that subject...It does happen
    I used to believe in it too for a while ─ in my teenage years, I think ─ but experience has taught me to follow Occam's Razor when it comes to things like that, i.e. the most down-to-earth explanation is usually the correct one.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2020), Octopus Garden (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    indubitably my friend.... just wrap it like a ham, apply heat and the rest happens strictly according to science...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    indubitably my friend.... just wrap it like a ham, apply heat and the rest happens strictly according to science...
    But where does the heat come from? That's the key ingredient.

Self-combustion signifies that the heat would be coming from within the living person themselves. If the heat comes from an external source, then it's not self-combustion anymore, or is it?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2020), Octopus Garden (30th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,263 Times in 7,198 Posts
    Too much methane and then it explodes from the inside?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (30th June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Ugghh, Aragorn and Wind,

So sorry we are all part of the same club. All I can say is, I am just so glad that I had low expectations for my own life...from the time I was quite young. Really terrible if you think you have the world by the tail and you get this.

How long have you been ill? It's been several decades for me. Bummer! I hope our club doesn't expand to epic proportions -- but its not looking hopeful.

NAP--yes, please check on your family and see if they are having any post viral problems! That would be so helpful! Thanks!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Too much methane and then it explodes from the inside?
    Spontaneous human explosion also kind of nasty. Though it might have been worse for his nearest and dearest had this not been internal. Could have collapsed walls!

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) _ After a bowl of homemade chili, two martinis and a glass of wine, William Graves woke up with indigestion. Remembering a remedy his grandmother told him about, he put a spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water and drank it.

In a lawsuit being argued in Superior Court, Graves, editor of National Geographic magazine, says the baking soda caused an explosion in his stomach that nearly killed him.

The maker of Arm & Hammer baking soda, Church and Dwight Inc. of Princeton, denies the product was responsible.

″Hundreds of millions of people have taken billions of doses under all kinds of circumstances and it has proved very satisfactory over the years,″ said Dwight Minton, company chairman.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Yeah, I think 'Wind' nailed it ... Hi OG, i certainly will, according to my niece it doesn't seem much worse than a flu, less than actually. I hope it stays that way ... She's about 45...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (2nd July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    But where does the heat come from? That's the key ingredient.

Self-combustion signifies that the heat would be coming from within the living person themselves. If the heat comes from an external source, then it's not self-combustion anymore, or is it?
    This is just a guess, but it could be a malfunctioning of the Kundalini mechanism. Yogis in the Himalayas can direct this energy to heat themselves up in the cold, so they can meditate in deadly cold environments half-naked, melting the snow around them.

If all that energy was released at once, it is entirely possible that it would lead to self-combustion.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (2nd July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    How long have you been ill? It's been several decades for me. Bummer! I hope our club doesn't expand to epic proportions -- but its not looking hopeful.
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had it for decades! Well, I can't say for sure when it might have started - it could have been a lifelong thing for me, but it got real bad over a decade ago. I suspect that childhood course of antibiotics could have been the start of it, but I can't confirm it.

I'd say that in the past few years I've learned to cope with it much better. I do think that the mind and depression are involved with it too and our emotions play a major role, but it's not like the normal doctors claim, that "it's all in your head". That's bs, it's related both to the body, mind and perhaps soul too. I'd be willing to wager that it has quite a lot to do with the gut bacteria and endocrine system. Apparently my pituitary gland isn't working as it should so it has affected the body in some ways, also I have thought that my thyroid and adrenal glands aren't working as they should.

What is interesting about the endocrine system is that all of the glands are directly linked to the chakras. I still lack the proper understanding of the spiritual connections between chakras and illnesses like this, but I've been trying to understand it. Many of the illnesses we have are related to the flow of ki or prana in our bodies, or how they flow incorrectly causing all kinds of symptoms.

Understanding the illnesses of the human body and psyche has been a major interest for me for quite a while now. Perhaps one day science can crack the mystery behind this issue too.
    Last edited by Wind, 1st July 2020 at 11:33.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2020), Chris (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (2nd July 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had it for decades! Well, I can't say for sure when it might have started - it could have been a lifelong thing for me, but it got real bad over a decade ago. I suspect that childhood course of antibiotics could have been the start of it, but I can't confirm it.

I'd say that in the past few years I've learned to cope with it much better. I do think that the mind and depression are involved with it too and our emotions play a major role, but it's not like the normal doctors claim, that "it's all in your head". That's bs, it's related both to the body, mind and perhaps soul too. I'd be willing to wager that it has quite a lot to do with the gut bacteria and endocrine system. Apparently my pituitary gland isn't working as it should so it has affected the body in some ways, also I have thought that my thyroid and adrenal glands aren't working as they should.

What is interesting about the endocrine system is that all of the glands are directly linked to the chakras. I still lack the proper understanding of the spiritual connections between chakras and illnesses like this, but I've been trying to understand it. Many of the illnesses we have are related to the flow of ki or prana in our bodies, or how they flow incorrectly causing all kinds of symptoms.

Understanding the illnesses of the human body and psyche has been a major interest for me for quite a while now. Perhaps one day science can crack the mystery behind this issue too.
    Yes, that is correct. Most chronic conditions are a result of energetic imbalances. Realigning and rebalancing your chakras and restoring the proper flow of energy should be your first priority.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (2nd July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Maybe all the Adderall will cause a kind of chain reaction.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2020), Chris (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2020), Octopus Garden (2nd July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Thanks

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2020), Elen (3rd July 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2020)

Thanks

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (2nd July 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2020), Elen (3rd July 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2020), Octopus Garden (2nd July 2020), Wind (2nd July 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    This is just a guess, but it could be a malfunctioning of the Kundalini mechanism. Yogis in the Himalayas can direct this energy to heat themselves up in the cold, so they can meditate in deadly cold environments half-naked, melting the snow around them.

If all that energy was released at once, it is entirely possible that it would lead to self-combustion.
    Occam's razor supports the theory that they were blasted by invisible aliens! And actually, it's such a weird phenomenon, that may be the most likely explanation!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2020), Elen (3rd July 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2020), Wind (2nd July 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks

Really sorry to hear this, Wind. There are likely a number of post viral conditions that cause this. The most dominant one is proposed by Dr. Byron Hyde of the Nightengale foundation. He supposes M.E. is caused by a disturbance in the gut microbiome, kicked off by the polio vaccine.--but not caused by the vaccine itself. Paralytic polio belongs to a family of polio viruses, which are entero-viruses. When the vaccine for polio was introduced it wiped out paralytic polio but in so doing, created a niche in the gut that was filled by the non-paralytic variety.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2020), Elen (3rd July 2020), Wind (2nd July 2020)