Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus with an R0 of 3 or beyond

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    The pro-Trump pandemic deniers have gone so far off the reservation that even Mike Adams is fed up with them. He actually compares them to flat-earthers and points out that this seems to be a phenomenon that is exclusive to the United States. When Natural News is the voice of reason, you know things are crazy. BTW, I've stopped following the Project Avalon Coronavirus thread, because it is full of comments from such feckin eejits. Honestly, these people are beyond saving and are absolutely impossible to reason with.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-...denialism.html

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2020), Aragorn (18th March 2020), Dreamtimer (19th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th March 2020), Gio (18th March 2020), Wind (18th March 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks for sharing the video from carpo719, Wind. I like this guys common sense. I checked out some of his other videos. It's an interesting mix.

People are over-reacting, after under-reacting. We need to keep a calm head on our shoulders. People are having a hard time coming out of their denial. And it's a shock when they try to.

I'm looking forward to the one you posted, Gio. I believe I recognize that young man from my perusals over yonder...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2020), Aragorn (18th March 2020), Chris (18th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (18th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    The pro-Trump pandemic deniers have gone so far off the reservation that even Mike Adams is fed up with them. He actually compares them to flat-earthers and points out that this seems to be a phenomenon that is exclusive to the United States. When Natural News is the voice of reason, you know things are crazy. BTW, I've stopped following the Project Avalon Coronavirus thread, because it is full of comments from such feckin eejits. Honestly, these people are beyond saving and are absolutely impossible to reason with.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-...denialism.html
    I read the article and I simply will not comment...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2020), Aragorn (18th March 2020), Chris (18th March 2020), Dreamtimer (19th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (19th March 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Continuing with the contrarian theme, I am actually pretty sure now that the current panic over the pandemic, whilst much needed, is a bit too much. It is a sign that people have finally woken up, which they needed to do back in January, but now that the authorities at least are doing what they can to stop the spread, I think we'll be fine. They could have saved many lives if the acted earlier, but the important thing is they eventually got there, even Trump and Boris.

The next couple of months are still going to be very rough, there will be a lot of deaths, widespread panic and economic carnage.

Still, I believe now, based on the evidence coming out of Asia, the strict quarantine and social distancing measures are very effective against slowing down and even stopping the virus and there are several promising drug treatments as well, at least for milder cases. The brunt of it is yet to come, but I believe by summer the worst will be behind us. There will be periodic outbreaks after that, particularly in the winter months, but now, with widespread testing and much vigilance, we will be able to nip localised outbreaks in the bud.

So, just make sure you are prepared to ride out the next few months by staying mostly at home and ordering in as much as you can. The economy will be in the toilet, but there will be plenty of opportunities for investment during the recovery phase.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2020), Aragorn (18th March 2020), Dreamtimer (19th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (18th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video from carpo719, Wind. I like this guys common sense.
    He's a very sensible guy, I wish more of Americans and people in general were like that! Be sure to watch his latest video too.

The Worst Pandemics in History - What Do They Teach Us?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uL0ZgV6POc

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2020), Aragorn (18th March 2020), Chris (18th March 2020), Dreamtimer (19th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    This is from one of my suppliers in China. It seems the situation there is normalising, but a transport shutdown is coming to the EU. There are already serious disruptions in freight, and passenger traffic has all but stopped, except for evacuations:

Nice to hear from you and thanks for your new orders!

Here, everything is going to be fine, almost 22 days no new cases found in Nanjing city and other cities. In Wuhan city, the new cases is only 5~10 per day since last week, the Coronavirus is not a big problem for us now. Almost all factories are back to work till today and students in some cities have returned back to school since this monday. We will recover the normal life soon by end March, I think.

It is a pity that the Coronavirus is spreading out in most of the world and lots of healthy people died everyday from the news:-( While, it seems now every government realized how dangerous the virus is, even when it outbreak already in China, lots of Chinese dided due to this epidemic. Before, USA government just thought the virus as a "big flu".

When every government take necessary steps to control the Virus, we must be able to defeat it. It is a fact that you can't buy any masks now and also it will last for a long time as all world don't make a sufficient prepare for it. Here, it is also very shortage for masks. By that case, if possible, just try not to go outside and stay at home and try to work at home.

Understand that the whole EU will stop shipping.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2020), Aragorn (19th March 2020), Dreamtimer (19th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (19th March 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    I was looking to find a specific thread about the Corona virus as I have specific information to share. Those of you who know me know that I work on a specific area of Human interest and that has brought me into contact with a lot of People with an amazingly varied skill set. What I share will be concise - so - please ask me questions if I have failed to get the information across in an easy to understand manner.

First: An online friend was in China with family when the virus and media came into contact with each other. First person phone call when they arrived home in America and words similar to this were stated to me: It is being blown out of proportion. My friend mentioned travelling on domestic flights and thus was not just in one area. When back in America the family had to take their own temperature twice daily for two weeks. Yes you read that correctly - they took their own temperature - no government officials or community nurses involved.

Second: A friend who is a medical professional and who works in a large metropolitan hospital, in the capital city of my state in Australia has shared some information. They set up a clinic at the hospital and are swabbing 70 People a day. Let's do the basic mathematics: 70 x 7 = 490 per week. Let's round that up to an even 500. Around 10% are seeing the pathology tests return positive. That means 10% equates to 50 per week. Now factor in that some People are surviving so not everyone who tests positive actually dies. The number 50 can be lowered. That to me does not even come close to the meaning of the word pandemic.

Here is my personal perspective on what is happening. I think those who are unfortunate enough to contract the disease and die, will already have a compromised immune system and according to a doctor I spoke with in recent days, any existing health issues with lungs and heart will make survival of Corona difficult. So if you are in good health and you contract it - chances are your body will have a strong excitotoxicity response and you will be immune for the rest of your life - just as nature intended.

It seems to me there is a big media/government/cabal/illuminati/whatever focus on the movements of People and the economy. It has been mentioned that the elite level paedophilies et cetera are being brought down - my instincts are saying the opposite. I think that while the psyop/distraction event is in play - it is an excellent time to make an escape.

Cash is necessary and all the hype about no more cash is baseless. How many times have I been standing in a line waiting to be served and the person in front of me can't get their card to work? The Manager/Sales Assistant has to end up touching the debit/credit card device or even the card. Two days ago I was in a shop and the Sales Assistant announced to the few of us in line: The EFTPOS machine isn't working so I can only accept cash.

Thanks as always for the the safe place for me to speak without fear.

Much Respect - Amanda

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2020), Chris (20th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (19th March 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Just wanted to share a brief item that was on facebook. It is just a copy and paste of some typed words that seem to be concise and informative.

here are a few things about this "Virus" that are very suspect.
    1) NOT 1 child under 10 ever caught it (until supposedly 3 days ago).
    2) Wuhan was the only city in the world that ever had 100% 5g saturation. Right before "breakout" - China had FORCED Vaccinations!
    3) The LARGEST protests in the history of MANKIND happened 3 weeks before the outbreak in China -- Hong Kong / Paris - etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY. ANYONE BEING EXPOSED TO 5g) 1 pinch of 20 mule team BORAX in 1 qt of water, daily, will help clear your body of Aluminum -- the Worst thing for your body when combating 60GHz Microwaves.
    ALSO: For the Corona Virus: It is a DUD. It was a planned Pandemic -- but is far weaker than WHOMEVER RELEASED IT HOPED. To cure: IODINE / Zinc / Vitamin D / Short needle pine bracket fungus / and ACE Inhibitors (BP meds)-- (CoronaV attaches to ACE RECEPTORS in Cardio/Pulmonary System).

The above is a short copy & paste - it looked concise and to the point. It seems to make sense - but - I suppose facebook will censor/fact check it.

Much Respect - Amanda

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2020), Chris (20th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (19th March 2020)

Thanks
    What is 10% of Australia's population?

It appears the situation is a little different from reports from parts of Europe...Children are getting sick, at least younger...50% are between 20-40
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 19th March 2020 at 23:01.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Not A Pretender et al - I did a quick search and found a site that lists all statistics Globally. I jumped to Australia and applied a copy and paste to the appropriate part. While I know I have not answered your question I have provided some information that I thought is valuable.

Of the 565 confirmed cases in Australia, 46 have recovered and 6 have died from COVID-19.

259 cases were considered to be overseas acquired. Most of the overseas cases were acquired in the USA, Iran, Italy and the UK.

72 cases are contacts of previously confirmed cases.

The likely place of exposure for 206 reported cases is under investigation.

The source of infection for 28 cases is currently unknown.

Further information regarding the epidemiology of cases in Australia is provided in the weekly epidemiology reports.

Hopefully this will help. I don't know the current population of Australia but I do know that the virus is only in specific areas - it is not currently being reported as scattered across the country.

Much Respect - Amanda

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2020), Chris (20th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    that sounds about right Amanda...

my neighborhood forum in Houston Texas is starting have traffic with people that are being infected...not good...my daughter was quarantined for a few days due to a friend going to the hospital sick...turned out it was Epstein-Barr Virus...a neighborhood hospital worker said they are seeing young people on life support (one of the major hospitals in the Houston area)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (20th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Just wanted to share a brief item that was on facebook. It is just a copy and paste of some typed words that seem to be concise and informative.

here are a few things about this "Virus" that are very suspect.
    1) NOT 1 child under 10 ever caught it (until supposedly 3 days ago).
    2) Wuhan was the only city in the world that ever had 100% 5g saturation. Right before "breakout" - China had FORCED Vaccinations!
    3) The LARGEST protests in the history of MANKIND happened 3 weeks before the outbreak in China -- Hong Kong / Paris - etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY. ANYONE BEING EXPOSED TO 5g) 1 pinch of 20 mule team BORAX in 1 qt of water, daily, will help clear your body of Aluminum -- the Worst thing for your body when combating 60GHz Microwaves.
    ALSO: For the Corona Virus: It is a DUD. It was a planned Pandemic -- but is far weaker than WHOMEVER RELEASED IT HOPED. To cure: IODINE / Zinc / Vitamin D / Short needle pine bracket fungus / and ACE Inhibitors (BP meds)-- (CoronaV attaches to ACE RECEPTORS in Cardio/Pulmonary System).

The above is a short copy & paste - it looked concise and to the point. It seems to make sense - but - I suppose facebook will censor/fact check it.

Much Respect - Amanda
    Amanda, I love you and I'm sorry to have to be so blunt, but you're spreading misinformation now by tooting the horn of the paranoid knee-jerkers. This has nothing to do with 5G ─ there is no 5G in Iran, which is also being hit very hard.

The virus is real, the pandemic is real, and the virus was not man-made ─ as revealed only yesterday in a scientific report from real scientists. The SARS-CoV-2 virus stems from another virus that's found in animals, and there are two possibilities: either the virus mutated inside the animal into a form that could also infect humans, or it already existed in humans before ─ through the consumption of the meat of certain animals, such as bats ─ in an innocuous form that has only recently mutated into a harmful form while already in a human host. Had the virus been engineered, then its backbone RNA would have been much more aggressively tailored from the onset, and that does not appear to be the case. All evidence leads to a virus that evolved naturally. And viruses do mutate all the time.

Everyone who's jerking their knees about this and who's in denial ─ and who is thus ignoring the rules of containment as issued by their government because they think they know better than the scientists ─ is a ticking time bomb for their fellow human beings. This is irresponsible behavior. The only way to combat this, pending the arrival of a vaccine or another remedy, is to avoid further spreading of the disease by self-isolating.

Just because the virus doesn't have a 100% mortality rate doesn't mean that it's harmless. People do die from it, and unlike with the flu, the SARS-CoV-2 virus can remain active while floating on aerosol for up to three hours. In other words, it doesn't need to be directly transferred from one person to the next, because it's airborne. If a person has it and coughs, and then leaves the room, and then one hour later you walk in, you can become infected as well. And that is not the case with the flu.

P.S.: I'm a scientist. I know what I'm talking about.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (20th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (20th March 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Aragorn - I know you love me. We are all trying to get our heads around what is happening. We all live in different parts of the world and we all have an individual skill set. You took one part of the information above as literal - the information stated that Wuhan had 100% saturation of 5G. The reference to 5G does not necessarily apply to all locations. Iran may have a larger outbreak than elsewhere due to tourists or locals having contact with someone who was infected by a traveller.

I am not a knee jerk reaction person - I am looking at what is available via the media but I am also listening to my friends - with whom I have first person conversations. In the post above - my friend who was in China at the time - is a very well educated scientist. Staying away from others is a choice - let's see who makes that choice.

I spoke with a doctor just two days ago and he confirmed that one of the real issues is that patients with the virus need intensive care. Patients who have the virus cannot be placed in the same intensive ward as people who are already receiving intensive care for say lung and heart issues. That is apparently what is happening in Italy. There are only a certain number of beds and patients who have the virus have to be cared for somewhere and it cannot be the intensive care ward. Still on Italy - large Italian community where I live and apparently the lockdowns are in the northern part of the country and not the southern.

As for the virus being man made or transferred via the ingestion of animals or animal products. Well - I will admit to being on the fence regarding that aspect. Humans have been eating animals and animal products for thousands of years. Scientists have worked on secret projects with the government and military for a long time as well.

The facts of which I am aware are these; People are testing positive so we know the virus itself is real. Not all People who test positive die - so we know it is not necessarily fatal. Sadly those who die had an existing health issue. Here's an interesting fact - comes from my friend who is a medical professional. A female colleague got tested with no symptoms at all (triage includes the testing of those who work in medical and care positions) yet husband and son both tested positive.

Here's something I will share but I will keep it vague to protect identities. Let's say I want to be tested. I attend a hospital with a clinic set up for the specific purpose of testing for the virus. I have the medical professional take my swab. I go home. It takes four days for the pathology. I could be positive and I could have infected People just going home. I did the right thing and got tested. I go home with the intention of staying home. Wrap your head around that People.

So please tell me again how staying home helps protect others? If the government was serious - they would have medical teams going to the homes of those who have travelled et cetera. Home delivery of essentials could be arranged with care. Anyone entering any country via airports seaports or any other method should go directly to a quarantine area to be tested and cared for - for the two week required timeframe.

At this point whether the virus is man made or naturally occurring is not the point - well not to me. Just look at the example I provided - I am still shaking my head at that one. Even when you attend a hospital to do the right thing - you can still infect People on your journey home - while you wait for four days.

Whatever this is - I am saddened by the fact People will die. I am further saddened by the fact that all the efforts of all the People who are working to bring People together is now being bombarded. Feels like chaos. As I sometimes say: Someone knows the truth - they always do.

Thank you again for giving me a safe place to speak freely and to be part of a community.

Much Respect - Amanda

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2020), Chris (20th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Aragorn - I know you love me. We are all trying to get our heads around what is happening. We all live in different parts of the world and we all have an individual skill set.
    Thank you for taking my reprimand so graciously, Amanda. I didn't mean to come down so hard on you personally, but I did indeed respond to the information you quoted. There is a lot of misinformation going round about this pandemic right now ─ some of it deliberate, by sick pranksters and hoaxers who enjoy creating even more of a panic than there already is, and some by people who are simply in denial and who see an "NWO conspiracy" in it all.

I will tell you what I believe, though. I believe that it could be an intentional crisis brought about by life itself; a culling, in retaliation ─ or as a remedy against ─ all of the pollution and environmental disruption that has been taking place. I'm not religious so I'm not going to invoke "God's Wrath" on this, but I do believe that the universe is a sentient organism, and that life itself may have a sentience outside of the collective consciousness on this planet ─ which, if I'm not mistaken, is more or less also what Buddhists believe.

I spoke with a doctor just two days ago and he confirmed that one of the real issues is that patients with the virus need intensive care. Patients who have the virus cannot be placed in the same intensive ward as people who are already receiving intensive care for say lung and heart issues. That is apparently what is happening in Italy. There are only a certain number of beds and patients who have the virus have to be cared for somewhere and it cannot be the intensive care ward.
    We're starting to get there here in Belgium as well. It really is a crisis that humanity, in all its complacency, was not prepared for. And that's the real hazard. Because viruses come and go, as do other calamities. But it's whether we can deal with it that will determine the outcome.

Humanity and its intelligence are being put to the test right now, and although I have good hopes on how it will evolve here in Europe, there are many other parts of the world where the governments are not prepared. The USA and the UK are only two such countries, and once things start taking on the same proportions there as they have here in Europe, the toll will be terrible.

As for the virus being man made or transferred via the ingestion of animals or animal products. Well - I will admit to being on the fence regarding that aspect. Humans have been eating animals and animal products for thousands of years. Scientists have worked on secret projects with the government and military for a long time as well.
    That's why a new team of scientists ─ and get this: they are US Americans ─ have now been thoroughly investigating where this virus may have come from, and their report was published in a scientific paper only yesterday ─ actually, the day before yesterday as I'm writing this. And it is a naturally evolved virus. Either it found a way to infect a human host, or it was already dwelling in humans but unable to infect them until it mutated. And there are two strains already now that I know of. Let's hope there won't be any more strains in the future.

If the government was serious - they would have medical teams going to the homes of those who have travelled et cetera.
    The problem is that they don't have the manpower for that, and that contrary to what everyone in this community seems to believe, the governments by far know a lot less about your coming and going than the private corporations do, because it's the private corporations ─ Google, Facebook, Amazon, et al ─ that are actively spying on us every day.

Home delivery of essentials could be arranged with care. Anyone entering any country via airports seaports or any other method should go directly to a quarantine area to be tested and cared for - for the two week required timeframe.
    Well, in Europe, that will now more or less be the case for those who are still flying, because the European Union has now closed its outer borders, and many countries are already in lockdown ─ Belgium included. So there will still be air travel within the European Union, but it's only allowed for essential things anymore. Everyone else is ordered to stay at home.

At this point whether the virus is man made or naturally occurring is not the point - well not to me. Just look at the example I provided - I am still shaking my head at that one. Even when you attend a hospital to do the right thing - you can still infect People on your journey home - while you wait for four days.
    Incubation can vary from as short as one day up to two weeks. And the problem is that the reported cases are only those who've been tested and found positive. There are many, many more people ─ and the governments know this ─ who might be infected but who have so far not been tested yet because they aren't showing any symptoms, or who may even have recovered from it on their own, thinking they only had a cold or a flu.

It is very hard to gain complete control of this. And this is why we have to stay at home. It spreads out the rate of infection over a longer time, as opposed to concentrating the infections over a short time span and not being able to cope with it from the logistics and medical point of view.

Whatever this is - I am saddened by the fact People will die. I am further saddened by the fact that all the efforts of all the People who are working to bring People together is now being bombarded.
    Well, as I wrote on the Chris Thomas thread only a few days ago, this crisis is definitely going to reshape society. For starters, a lot of people are now working from home, whereas they used to work at an office. And so once this thing has blown over, those people are not likely to want to return to working in an office anymore, sitting in their lifeless cubicle. They're going to want to continue working from home, which apparently is now suddenly a viable option in the eyes of the employers. As a result, there will be far less traffic on the roads. Fewer traffic accidents and traffic deaths, less pollution, and perhaps less of an impact on the climate.

Non-essential shops ─ i.e. anything that doesn't sell food (for humans and animals) and that doesn't provide any essential services, like the pharmacies ─ are closed. This means a lot of these shops and other small businesses are bound to go bankrupt before the end of this crisis. Will the government bail them out the way they've bailed out the banks a few years ago? It is possible, but it'll depend from government to government, and from sector to sector. Over here, the bars, restaurants and discotheques were the first to be ordered to close, and the government promised them a reduction in taxes in return as compensation. But will the government be able to continue doing that? It'll remain to be seen.

Another option would be that the banks start buying up all the bankrupt shops and thus effectively become the controllers of the entire economy. And banks being banks, they will continue competing with one another and buying out their competitors, until in the end you're left with a monopoly that effectively owns all private property. So then you get corporate fascism.

Whatever it's all going to lead to, society will never be the same again after this crisis. A lot has now been forced into a different mode of operation to what it used to be, and I doubt whether they will (be able to) return to their old modus operandi again after the crisis.

All we can do is hope that it'll all turn out for the better. Whether it will or not remains to be seen. But there's always hope.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (20th March 2020), Dreamtimer (20th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020), Wind (20th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    DW's thoughts and feelings >

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Chris (20th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th March 2020), Gio (20th March 2020)