Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 20

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts

Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 20

Dr. Michael P. Masters is a professor of biological anthropology at Montana Tech in Butte, Montana. He received a Ph.D. in Anthropology from The Ohio State University in 2009, where he specialized in human evolutionary anatomy, archaeology, and biomedicine. Dr. Masters spent the following decade developing a broad academic background that unites the fields of anthropology, astronomy, astrobiology and physics, to examine the premise that UFOs and Aliens are simply our distant human descendants, returning from the future to study us in their own hominin evolutionary past. His new book, Identified Flying Objects: A Multidisciplinary Scientific Approach to the UFO Phenomenon, challenges readers to consider new possibilities while cultivating conversations about our ever-evolving understanding of time and time travel.

In this episode, we discuss Michael’s research and what inspired him to do this research and write the book.

Read more about Dr. Michael Masters and his book at: idflyobj.com.

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th December 2019), Chris (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (29th December 2019), Elen (29th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (28th December 2019), Kathy (28th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    That's always been my favorite theory...I'm sure I wasn't the 1st one to consider that...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th December 2019), Chris (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (29th December 2019), Elen (29th December 2019), Kathy (28th December 2019)

Thanks
    I'm buying the book...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th December 2019), Chris (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (29th December 2019), Elen (29th December 2019), Kathy (28th December 2019)

Thanks
    I read the 1st chapter of his book and I'm ready to supplement his theory. It goes like this:

Dr. Masters states that only 30% of postgraduates give any credence to UFO theories while the general public believers form a much higher percentage. Everyone knows that the natural habitat of the liberal is postgraduate academia. On the other hand, conspiracy theorists form a high percentage of believers for obvious reasons (often abducted?) and coincidentally, or perhaps not, many conspiracy theorists are rabid conservatives.

Many, if not most abductees report some aspect of genetic manipulation or (damn thing's jumping around on me) recovery of genetic material with admonitions of 'treat your planet kindly', 'treat your neighbor kindly', etc. Are you starting to see it...I was correct all along.

Conservatives went extinct and our distant descendants are returning to recoup some of their genetic material, presumably to house in some 75th century facsimile of a zoo!
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 31st December 2019 at 13:56.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    [...] liberal [...] rabid conservatives.
    And on a thread about UFOs and time traveling, no less...

<sigh>

Beam me up, Scotty; Captain Brainwash was here...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (31st December 2019), Elen (31st December 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th December 2019), Fred Steeves (31st December 2019)

Thanks
    lol...it was kind of a joke...I'm a hybrid by the way...

On a more serious note, I just started reading but his support for the time traveling is a little weak...he didn't consult with a true physicist...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (31st December 2019), Elen (31st December 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I think it is more of a trying to keep the integrity of the timeline intact kind of deal.

Many might benefit from messing with our timeline, which presupposes, that there must be some sort of system in the future, or even outside time, from a higher-dimensional perspective (since time is just a dimension, the fourth one), which deals with infiltrators and manipulators. This might very well be run by our future descendants. In fact, if we presume, that time travel is possible (and it is, since we are dealing with another dimension, hence it should be possible to traverse it, once you can move in four dimensions), then at some future point, civilisation on earth will reach a level of technological development, where time travel is routine.

Given all of the above, there must be time travellers even today, though they would generally avoid direct contact to keep the timeline clean. On the other hand, some would seek to manipulate it for their own ends, therefore we would see signs of intervention from advanced craft and the occasional accident. If there was ever contact with present humans, those from the future should be broadly similar to us, or perhaps a further evolved version of modern humans, probably with a smartphone stuck permanently to their faces

In any case, existing UFO sightings would certainly conform to some of these patterns, so it is logical to assume that at least some of the UFO activity that has been reported is a result of time travel. The rest is probably interdimensional and interstellar, though of course in the concept of multiple higher dimensions, there is really no difference between any of these forms of travel, the technology used to bridge and traverse these vast distances is probably identical in all these cases.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (31st December 2019), Emil El Zapato (31st December 2019)

Thanks
    Is it ok to say more likely stuck up their vestigial canal. Your speculation, Chris, makes sense. Preserving the timeline would be paramount but consider if the timeline manipulation is geared toward the 'lost genetic material'. Manipulating the timeline might not be critical given that history/future would be unchanged as a result because it would not exist in the case of the lost.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st December 2019), Chris (31st December 2019), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (31st December 2019)

Thanks
    Fake or Not: The reporter is much too calm in reporting this (First thing of interest I've seen on PA in awhile)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Fake or Not: The reporter is much too calm in reporting this (First thing of interest I've seen on PA in awhile)

It's fake. This video has been discussed here before, and as it turns out, neither of those two news agencies exist. It's probably an excerpt from a sci-fi series ─ possibly one that never aired ─ that got posted on YouTube as being real.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd January 2020)

Thanks

Ufo in Stuttgart Tunnel caught on Surveillance cams.

"Sorry to say but that's fake. A semi trailer being lifted up what looks like at least 6 -7 feet up in the air then dropped with no damage. I think not. The graphics look pretty fake to me. As for the ball lightning. I think I've seen this before. But I don't know were. Reminds me of a photon torpedo in Star Trek."

Internet users unmask a video about a supposed UFO in Germany (published in 2013)

An alleged UFO caused an accident while chasing a truck in a tunnel in the German city of Stuttgart. This is ensured by a report uploaded to YouTube that has already generated numerous criticisms from Internet users.
    The report, allegedly transmitted from the scene of the accident, was posted online on February 27 by a crustyclips1, a UFO news collector, according to the selection of videos he had put on YouTube. The story begins with the presentation of a correspondent who tells how the accident was. Then comes the turn of the images allegedly captured by surveillance cameras installed inside the tunnel and on the highway, near the exit of the tunnel.

In one of the fragments you can see how a luminous ball quickly passes over the cars inside the tunnel. In another fragment a pillar of light knocks down a truck that has just left the tunnel. According to the logo that appears on the screen, the report was made by the German news channel 9 HPDM. In five days the news was seen by more than 121,000 people. However, users are sure that it is a 100% manipulated story.

"It is a simulation of very low quality. The reflections of this ball of lights are not even visible in the tunnel walls," says one of the Internet users, dmitriy_5. Others think the video looks too much like one of the 'Men in black' scenes in which Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are chasing an alien in a futuristic car. Other commentators go further in finding problems and say that the correspondent, Andrea Krauss, speaks German with a very strong accent. One thing is clear, regardless of several opinions the chain 9 HPDM does not even exist.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd January 2020)

Thanks
    So far the book is pretty disappointing. Masters spends an inordinate amount of time discounting the possibility of ET because of the distances involved and then launches into his defense of his theory based on time travel. He obviously is aware of space-time but seems to miss how they might play together, but he is trying to sell a book, after all.

Anyway, Why not travel back in time say, about 10 billion years and see what you have around you...hell, they might end up on ET's parents doorstep.

How Big Was The Universe At The Moment Of Its Creation?

An ultra-deep view of galaxies many billions of light years away in the distant Universe.

You might think of the Universe as infinite, and quite honestly, it might truly be infinite, but we don't think we'll ever know for sure. Thanks to the Big Bang -- the fact that the Universe had a birthday, or that we can only go back a finite amount of time -- and the fact that the speed of light is finite, we're limited in how much of the Universe we can see. By time you get to today, the observable Universe, at 13.8 billion years old, extends for 46.1 billion light years in all directions from us. So how big was it all the way back then, some 13.8 billion years ago? Let's look to the Universe we see to find out.

When we look out at the distant galaxies, as far as our telescopes can view, there are some things that are easy to measure, including:

• what its redshift is, or how much its light has shifted from an inertial frame-of-rest,
    • how bright it appears to be, or how much light we can measure from the object at our great distance,
    • and how big it appears to be, or how many angular degrees it takes up on the sky.

These are very important, because if we know what the speed of light is (one of the few things we know exactly), and how intrinsically either bright or big the object we're looking at is (which we think we know; more in a second), then we can use this information all together to know how far away any object actually is.

Standard candles (L) and standard rulers (R) are two different techniques astronomers use to measure the expansion of space at various times/distances in the past.

In reality, we can only make estimates of how bright or big an object truly is, because there are assumptions that go into this. If you see a supernova go off in a distant galaxy, you assume that you know how intrinsically bright that supernova was based on the nearby supernovae that you've seen, but you also assume that the environments in which that supernova went off was similar, the supernova itself was similar, and that there was nothing in between you and the supernova that changed the signal you're receiving. Astronomers call these three classes effects evolution (if older/more distant objects are intrinsically different), environmental (if the locations of these objects differ significantly from where we think they are) and extinction (if something like dust blocks the light) effects, in addition to the effects we may not even know are at play.

But if we're right about the intrinsic brightness (or size) of an object we see, then based on a simple brightness/distance relation, we can determine how far away those objects are. Moreover, by measuring their redshifts, we can learn how much the Universe has expanded over the time the light has traveled to us. And because there's a very well-specified relationship between matter-and-energy and space-and-time -- the exact thing Einstein's General Relativity gives us -- we can use this information to figure out all the different combinations of all the different forms of matter-and-energy present in the Universe today.

But that's not all!

If you know what your Universe is made out of, which is:

0.01% — Radiation (photons)
    0.1% — Neutrinos (massive, but ~1 million times lighter than electrons)
    4.9% — Normal matter, including planets, stars, galaxies, gas, dust, plasma, and black holes
    27% — Dark matter, a type of matter that interacts gravitationally but is different from all the particles of the Standard Model
    68% — Dark energy, which causes the expansion of the Universe to accelerate,
    you can use this information to extrapolate backwards in time to any point in the Universe's past, and find out both what the different mixes of energy density were back then, as well as how big it was at any point along the way. Because of how illustrative they are, I'm going to plot these on logarithmic scales for you to view.

As you can see, dark energy may be important today, but this is a very recent development. For most of the first 9 billion years of the Universe's history, matter -- in the combined form of normal and dark matter -- was the dominant component of the Universe. But for the first few thousand years, radiation (in the form of photons and neutrinos) was even more important than matter!

I bring these up because these different components, radiation, matter and dark energy, all affect the expansion of the Universe differently. Even though we know that the Universe is 46.1 billion light years in any direction today, we need to know the exact combination of what we have at each epoch in the past to calculate how big it was at any given time. Here's what that looks like.

Here are some fun milestones, going back in time, that you may appreciate:

• The diameter of the Milky Way is 100,000 light years; the observable Universe had this as its radius when it was approximately 3 years old.
    • When the Universe was one year old, it was much hotter and denser than it is now. The mean temperature of the Universe was more than 2 million Kelvin.
    • When the Universe was one second old, it was too hot to form stable nuclei; protons and neutrons were in a sea of hot plasma. Also, the entire observable Universe would have a radius that, if we drew it around the Sun today, would enclose just the seven nearest star systems, with the farthest being Ross 154.
    • The Universe was once just the radius of the Earth-to-the-Sun, which happened when the Universe was about a trillionth (10-12) of a second old. The expansion rate of the Universe back then was 1029 times what it is today.

If we want to, we can go back even farther, of course, to when inflation first came to an end, giving rise to the hot Big Bang. We like to extrapolate our Universe back to a singularity, but inflation takes the need for that completely away. Instead, it replaces it with a period of exponential expansion of indeterminate length to the past, and it comes to an end by giving rise to a hot, dense, expanding state we identify as the start of the Universe we know. We are connected to the last tiny fraction of a second of inflation, somewhere between 10-30 and 10-35 seconds worth of it. Whenever that time happens to be, where inflation ends and the Big Bang begins, that's when we need to know the size of the Universe.

Again, this is the observable Universe; the true "size of the Universe" is surely much bigger than what we can see, but we don't know by how much. Our best limits, from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey and the Planck satellite, tell us that if the Universe does curve back in on itself and close, the part we can see is so indistinguishable from "uncurved" that it much be at least 250 times the radius of the observable part.

In truth, it might even be infinite in extent, as whatever the Universe did in the early stages of inflation is unknowable to us, with everything but the last tiny fraction-of-a-second of inflation's history being wiped clean from what we can observe by the nature of inflation itself. But if we're talking about the observable Universe, and we know we're only able to access somewhere between the last 10-30 and 10-35 seconds of inflation before the Big Bang happens, then we know the observable Universe is between 17 centimeters (for the 10-35 second version) and 168 meters (for the 10-30 second version) in size at the start of the hot, dense state we call the Big Bang.

The smallest conceivable answer -- 17 centimeters -- is about the size of a soccer ball! The Universe couldn't have been much smaller than that, since the constraints we have from the Cosmic Microwave Background (the smallness of the fluctuations) rule that out. And it's very conceivable that the entire Universe is substantially larger than that, but we'll never know by how much, since all we can observe is a lower limit on the true size of the actual Universe.

So how big was the Universe when it was first born? If the best models of inflation are right, somewhere between the size of a human head and a skyscraper-filled city block. Just give it time -- 13.8 billion years in our case -- and you wind up with the entire Universe we see today.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (3rd January 2020)

Thanks

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd January 2020), Elen (3rd January 2020)

Thanks
    Same book but this IS interesting:

The Australian National University's Research School of Physics and Engineering moved Wheeler's delayed-choice gedanken experiment (John Archibald Wheeler's thought experiment) from theory to reality by using Helium atoms instead of photons.

The twist on the double-slit experiment adds a 2nd screen sometimes. If the 2nd screen (laser light) is placed 'after' the atom passes through the 1st traditional screen, the atom(s) act as a wave, if the 2nd screen is not added the atom(s) act as particles. What is weird is that it appears that the atoms seem to know in advance if the 2nd screen is going to be placed.

"In essence, the future event (cause) would appear to dictate the past state (effect) of the helium atom, as if it somehow knew ahead of time whether the second screen was going to be inserted. This stands in stark contrast to how we perceive cause and effect in a linear conceptualization of time and indicates that our notion of time flowing only from past to future is largely a product of our perception. It also suggests that free will is an illusion and that the measurements we take while observing natural phenomena can affect, or at least be highly integrated with, a much more complex predetermined reality." - Dr. Michael P. Masters
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 4th January 2020 at 12:46.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    On the note of free will/predestination. Masters cites Paul Davies (physicist) statement that the notion of free will has been discounted due to experiments conducted (gedanken and others) show that there is no mystery to events in space-time. They exist essentially all at once, even though we perceive a past, a perceived now that doesn't really exist, and a potential future.

Davies says that because of the predestined nature of reality there can be no free will. Really? If all things (events) exist simultaneously in the cosmic space-time, how does the PRE have any substance in an eternal now?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (4th January 2020)