Thread: The Phoenix Lights Incident, March 13th, 1997

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts

The Phoenix Lights Incident, March 13th, 1997

Background

I have decided to use the description from Wikipedia to explain the case (there will be a reason, keep reading):

The Phoenix Lights (sometimes called the “Lights over Phoenix”) were a series of widely sighted unidentified flying objects or UFOs observed in the skies over the U.S. states of Arizona, Nevada, and the Mexican state of Sonora on March 13, 1997. Lights of varying descriptions were seen by thousands of people between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles (480 km), from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson.

There were two distinct events involved in the incident: a triangular formation of lights seen to pass over the state, and a series of stationary lights seen in the Phoenix area. The United States Air Force identified the second group of lights as flares dropped by A-10 Warthog aircraft that were on training exercises at the Barry Goldwater Range in southwest Arizona. Witnesses claim to have observed a huge carpenter’s square-shaped UFO, containing five spherical lights or possibly light-emitting engines. Fife Symington, the governor at the time, was one witness to this incident; he later called the object “otherworldly
    As you can see from the above explanation, still touted by Wikipedia and major media outlets that have covered this story, the lights were blamed on flares dropped from aircraft, though as you can see below — Luke AFB was clueless on such a theory — and dismissed any flares were dropped.

Source
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    My claim to fame. I was there a couple of days that week. Started to take a drive into those hills one evening. A ways in I turned around and went back to my hotel room. I had no idea any of this was going on.

Pretty much the same deal regarding a well publicized sighting in Bovina texas
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)