Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paris zoo unveils the "blob", an organism with no brain but 720 sexes

Retired Member
    Thanks
    why anyone don't talk about 720 sexes ?

I know a jargon to annoy LGBT activists, that's is applicable here.

" Refuse the Imitations. Sex there are Only Two! "

Cephalopods also have no brains, and are intelligent beings.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th November 2019), Elen (19th November 2019), sourcetruth (14th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Border Dog View Post
    Cephalopods also have no brains, and are intelligent beings.
    Actually, that's not true ─ at least, the part about them not having any brain. As the matter of fact, they have very large brains in relation to their body mass. Quoting Wikipedia...:

Nervous system and behavior

Cephalopods are widely regarded as the most intelligent of the invertebrates, and have well developed senses and large brains (larger than those of gastropods). The nervous system of cephalopods is the most complex of the invertebrates and their brain-to-body-mass ratio falls between that of endothermic and ectothermic vertebrates. Captive cephalopods have also been known to climb out of their aquaria, maneuver a distance of the lab floor, enter another aquarium to feed on the crabs, and return to their own aquarium.

The brain is protected in a cartilaginous cranium. The giant nerve fibers of the cephalopod mantle have been widely used for many years as experimental material in neurophysiology; their large diameter (due to lack of myelination) makes them relatively easy to study compared with other animals.

Many cephalopods are social creatures; when isolated from their own kind, some species have been observed shoaling with fish.

Some cephalopods are able to fly through the air for distances of up to 50 m. While cephalopods are not particularly aerodynamic, they achieve these impressive ranges by jet-propulsion; water continues to be expelled from the funnel while the organism is in the air. The animals spread their fins and tentacles to form wings and actively control lift force with body posture. One species, Todarodes pacificus, has been observed spreading tentacles in a flat fan shape with a mucus film between the individual tentacles while another, Sepioteuthis sepioidea, has been observed putting the tentacles in a circular arrangement.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Border Dog (14th November 2019), Elen (19th November 2019), Malisa (15th November 2019), sourcetruth (14th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Great, I decline my ingenuous precipitation, althought I was aware about the powerful nervous system of Cefalophodes.

To utilize the post, I would like to refers another odd parasite fungus, With No Brain, but with some inteligent behavior that cause a complete invasion of muscle fibers, which cells appeared to be connected to each other, that makes a zombie host obey them. Interestgly, they attack all the body of host, except the Brain.

Zombie ant fungus doesn’t attack ants’ brains. Instead, the fungus invades an ant’s entire body, forming an interconnected 3-D network, forcing the ant to move.

source
    Last edited by Border Dog, 15th November 2019 at 03:44.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th November 2019), Elen (19th November 2019), Malisa (15th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Border Dog View Post
    Great, I decline my ingenuous precipitation, althought I was aware about the powerful nervous system of Cefalophodes.

To utilize the post, I would like to refers another odd parasite fungus, With No Brain, but with some inteligent behavior that cause a complete invasion of muscle fibers, which cells appeared to be connected to each other, that makes a zombie host obey them. Interestgly, they attack all the body of host, except the Brain.

Zombie ant fungus doesn’t attack ants’ brains. Instead, the fungus invades an ant’s entire body, forming an interconnected 3-D network, forcing the ant to move.[/IMG]

source
    Not just ants. I've seen them do it to larger insects as well. Pretty scary stuff.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Border Dog (15th November 2019), Elen (19th November 2019), Malisa (15th November 2019)