Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: New Agers R'Us

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts

New Agers R'Us

I just wanted to give a hearty hello to all my fellow brainwashed NewAgers.

I contend that there are a number of New Ager versions:

1. Those that know they are and embrace it.
    2. Those that know they are and accept it.
    3. Those that don't know they are and rail against it.

Why can't we all just get along with out going all herdish. For myself, if I have serious issues with someone's stance, it can pain me no worse than to have others jump on my bandwagon. Why? Because it's completely unfair.

I'm starting this thread because I think it is important. I think it is wrong to treat a 17-year old budding mind in the way he has been treated on this forum. Misguided perhaps, fanatical even...17 years old I thought someone stated. This kid is on his way to discovering truths that many of us would not even begin to consider. I have not sensed even one iota of a malicious nature and it is easy to spot because those types are always so good at it. How can we in clear conscious, in an out-of-hand manner shut that process down? I say again, that is just plain wrong in so many ways...Guidance can be helpful, acting Project Avalonish is well, it's demoralizing.

NAP
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2019), Aragorn (17th October 2019), Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), sourcetruth (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I think it is wrong to treat a 17-year old budding mind in the way he has been treated on this forum. Misguided perhaps, fanatical even...17 years old I thought someone stated. This kid is on his way to discovering truths that many of us would not even begin to consider.
    No, he isn't. He fell in thrall over a psychopathic cult leader, and by doing exactly what she prescribed, he has begun hallucinating and losing his grip on reality. And now he's so far gone already ─ and so fanatic about it ─ that he won't let anyone or anything sway him off of his self-destructive course, and that he feels a need to proselytize and recruit more cult members, which is why he's been posting this stuff at so many other forums already as well.

I have not sensed even one iota of a malicious nature and it is easy to spot because those types are always so good at it.
    Not malicious in his intent, no, but definitely arrogant, neurotic and aggressive, and right on the edge of insanity. Plus that the cult he's promoting is itself malicious, even if he fails to see that.

How can we in clear conscious, in an out-of-hand manner shut that process down? I say again, that is just plain wrong in so many ways...Guidance can be helpful, acting Project Avalonish is well, it's demoralizing.
    You're making it sound as if we were hounding him. We weren't, but you cannot throw a big stone into a calm pond and then expect there not to be intense ripples.

There were multiple people responding, all in their own way, to what sourcetruth was saying, and none of what we said has gotten through to him anyway, because he is brainwashed ─ by himself, because he made an enemy out of his own body, and it ended up affecting his brain until he became nothing more than an obedient drone for his cult leader, who herself couldn't give one rat's tail end about his wellbeing. All she wants is more cult members and more money, and to her, this loyal young man is merely an expendable asset ─ cannon fodder.

Don't turn this around into a social justice crusade, NotAPretender. Besides, I extended the staff's invitation for sharing one's thoughts on the matter via private communication with the staff. I did not extend the staff's invitation to start an insinuating public thread about how unfairly the young man in question has supposedly been treated here ─ let alone at Project Avalon, because we've already had that debate (and certain people's suppressed resentment over having been banned from there) on yet another thread.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2019), Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Well, for the record, I regret getting involved in all that fracas. I'm in day 3 of a massive headache, all because I allowed myself to get worked up about a perceived injustice. In hindsight, I blew it all out of proportion. Just another sign that all of us can get a bit carried away when our beliefs and expectations are challenged.

I, for one, think this thread is a good idea and we can all reminisce about the wrong turns we took on our journeys of discovery. I am certainly guilty of falling in with the wrong crowd in the past, such as David Icke and Alex Jones' possey and all the other under-the-rug alt-righters who have gifted us with you-know-who in the white house and the massive clusterfuck that is Brexit. I also used to like David WillCockUp and briefly flirted with Corey Goodeness Gracious. Even Simon Parkes got a fair hearing. So you know, I advocate giving people a chance to walk their own path, fall down a few times and learn from their own mistakes. On the other hand, Aragorn certainly has a point about not allowing one-sided propaganda to be pushed on the forum. That would turn the Shire into Mordor in no time at all.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2019), Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I, for one, think this thread is a good idea and we can all reminisce about the wrong turns we took on our journeys of discovery.
    Hmm... Interesting... If we take sourcetruth's entry on the "What motivates Bill Ryan" thread as the thesis and his "Quartz Crystal" thread as the antithesis, then this thread here could end up being the synthesis.

Okay, we can do that. I don't want it to be said or insinuated by anyone that The One Truth would be unfair in its judgment. And may all our detractors, sourcetruth included, take note of the fact that sourcetruth hasn't been banned from The One Truth yet, just as we didn't ban turiya right away either ─ even though in his case and considering his attitude, we probably should have.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2019), Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Senior Member United States
    Thanks
    Thank you NotAPretender.

It is inevitable that the concepts that I present are met with controversy, due to their nature.
    Last edited by sourcetruth, 17th October 2019 at 10:05.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    Thank you NotAPretender.

Nobody deserves to be ganged up on just because they have a controversial opinion.
    I will agree with that, but at the same time, it would be very wrong to interpret what has happened regarding the discussion of your material here at The One Truth ─ I'm not going to get into what may or may not have transpired at other forums, because those are not my responsibility anyway, and so there's nothing I can do about that ─ as "ganging up on somebody".

You introduced your material here at the forum, as an individual on his own. Nobody else here supported your material ─ and most of us will probably not have been familiar with it, unless they had also been following your threads at other forums.

So you introduce your material here, in a community ─ and thus: in the midst of multiple other individuals. It is therefore only natural that a discussion would ensue between said individuals and yourself, and that you may be feeling outnumbered by that ─ which you were. But then that is not the same as "ganging up on someone", because there was no malicious intent here from either of us. It just so happens to be that the multiple people who were confronted with your material ─ some of whom were already familiar with it from other forums ─ were rejecting your material, and were attempting to tell you why they were rejecting it.

I myself am also rejecting your material, and I have also told you my reasons for rejecting it ─ reasons which happen to harmonize with the reasons given by the other people who were also rejecting your material. That's not "ganging up", that's a discussion. And in said discussion, you were absolutely intransigent, which then caused even more resilience from the people who were already objecting to your material.

So what we had here, was a heated discussion between yourself as a single individual and several other individuals who all reject your material. And that's a far cry from "ganging up on you", although I do realize that it must have felt like that to you.

The others who claim that I am being hardheaded in my viewpoints have themselves become hardheaded.
    But that is merely the law of aerodynamics, man. The harder you're trying to go, the more the air will resist your movement. Move your hand gently through water, and the water will move out of the way. Move your hand through water violently, and the water will violently slow your hand down. Drop something fragile onto the surface of a body of water from a great height, and it will shatter on impact, because then the water will be hard as concrete.

The harder you push, the harder people will push back.

There is a lot that we can learn from understanding each other's differing perspectives of we can have an open discussion about our different viewpoints.
    True, but you weren't exactly open to that, were you? You were pushing your viewpoints ─ or to be more precise, those of that Judy woman ─ as the truth, the only truth, and nothing but the truth. It doesn't work that way on forums like these.

It's a two-way process, and the way you were going about in presenting your material, you were turning the whole debate into a one-way street.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Hmm... Interesting... If we take sourcetruth's entry on the "What motivates Bill Ryan" thread as the thesis and his "Quartz Crystal" thread as the antithesis, then this thread here could end up being the synthesis.

Okay, we can do that. I don't want it to be said or insinuated by anyone that The One Truth would be unfair in its judgment. And may all our detractors, sourcetruth included, take note of the fact that sourcetruth hasn't been banned from The One Truth yet, just as we didn't ban turiya right away either ─ even though in his case and considering his attitude, we probably should have.

Can you say that your viewpoint of me is unbiased?
    Yes, I can. I will admit that I already had my reservations regarding your material itself, but I was maintaining an open mind on account of yourself as an individual, and with regard to your own motives. My viewpoint of yourself as a person was only formed during the discussions on the other two threads referenced in what you quoted of me here-above. Nobody else has influenced me in that regard.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, and I don't ride any "gang-up" wagons. When I was your age, I was severely being bullied and ganged-up on at school, so I know all too well what that does to a person, and I have sworn never to be guilty of that myself.

And it is something one has to be conscious of, too, because it is all too easy to let oneself get carried away by what one perceives as a just cause. I am being very conscientious about that. And ─ again ─ I don't think you've been ganged-up on here at The One Truth, but I do realize that it must have appeared that way to you because of the odds when it's a single person against a whole bunch of other people.

Whatever your impressions of myself or ─ insofar as you've interacted with them ─ the other staff members may be, we wish you no harm. That's not the kind of people we are. But we do have a responsibility toward this forum and the small community that dwells here. I hope you can at least appreciate that much.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2019), Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Back to topic…

This is a question to Aragorn.

When you first learned of Corey Goode, then befriended him, did you actually believe his claims or did you know from the beginning that he was a fraud? Also, do you now believe that his whole story is hokum or do you think something genuinely happen to him and he just embellished it later on to fit the general Alternative Community narrative?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Back to topic…

This is a question to Aragorn.

When you first learned of Corey Goode, then befriended him, did you actually believe his claims or did you know from the beginning that he was a fraud?
    That's a good question, because not too many people have actually asked me about that yet.

When I first met Corey, his stories were not quite as wild and elaborate yet as they are now ─ not even by a long shot. At that point in time, he had merely profiled himself as a reluctant whistleblower from a secret space program. No mention of Blue Avians or the Law Of One, and certainly no cross-over with Simon Parkes' claims about mantis beings and white Draco reptilians.

So at that point, I had an open mind about Corey's material, but at the same time, I wasn't really invested in it. I thought it was interesting stuff, if true, but I didn't really follow him, and he also never spoke about it in personal communication with myself. In hindsight, I should have paid more attention to what he did speak about in private communication with myself, which was mainly about how he and David Wilcock were working on a TV show, etc. And of course, he also spoke a lot ─ and not in any flattering ways ─ about Bill Ryan and Project Avalon, and he also accepted my invitation in dealing with the victims of Simon Parkes' abuse and brainwashing, so that too was something we regularly spoke about.

It was only much later, after I had already been hired as a staff member here, that Corey's grandiosity and his inconsistencies started dawning on me, when his story started taking on surreal proportions and he started bringing in the Blue Avians, later on followed by his alleged encounters with Anu, the king of the Draco reptilians ─ which came straight out of Simon Parkes' narrative ─ and then those "golden triangle-head" beings.

I knew it was bunk right there and right then, but I wasn't certain yet on whether he was deliberately lying, or whether it was the result of some psychiatric condition. And there are times when I still have my doubts about his sanity, but for most part, I am now convinced that he is, indeed, malicious in his intent.

Also, do you now believe that his whole story is hokum or do you think something genuinely happen to him and he just embellished it later on to fit the general Alternative Community narrative?
    No, I'm pretty certain now that all of what he says is bunk, and for most part, that he's lying on purpose, and that he's manipulating people. He's incredibly imaginative, but he's not quite as smart as he thinks he is ─ he's too transparent, and clearly exhibiting the Dunning-Kruger effect ─ and he most certainly can't be an intuitive empath because he doesn't even have a single shred of empathy within him. That much has already been clear for a very long time as well.

There are however enablers at work in this as well. David Wilcock has ─ through his own obsession with the Ra material ─ been feeding into Corey's imagination, and Corey wouldn't have been able to bring in Anu and the Dracos if Simon Parkes hadn't spoken about that first. And of course, Corey had so many sources to borrow from, like Randy "Captain Kaye" Cramer, and just about every bit of exotic testimony that Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy had recorded on camera.

And then there is Corey's wife, who is shamelessly and opportunistically riding Corey's coat tails. While she was a member here, she even expected preferential treatment from the staff because her "husband is a famous whistleblower" ─ her own words ─ and she turned passive-aggressive when we weren't willing to give it to her. Her stint here was therefore about as short as it had been over at Project Avalon.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Sehr Interesting …

I had a lot of respect for Wilcock based on his first book, the Source Field Investigations, which I still think is excellent, if not exactly original…

That gradually pulled me into the Corey and Law of One material, with the latter playing a particularly big influence on my world view. As I was learning more and more about the Law of One and how the channelling itself was done, I thought to myself: Hey, could I actually do that?

Turned out I could, though with less than satisfactory precision. This lead to my channelling attempts over at PA and the whole debacle that followed. In one sense, I'm glad it happened, because otherwise I would not be as sure as I am today that light beings / interdimensionals, etc... are very real and really can and do influence things on the surface of the planet.

It is interesting that you mentioned Anu and Simon Parkes. Of course Anu (or EL in Hebrew) is the forefather of the Anunnaki (Elohim in Hebrew). Inanna is Anu's granddaughter. It has been a source of frustration for me that these beings are seen as bloodthirsty, child-eating reptilians by much of the alternative community. I am very much opposed to that viewpoint, since there is essentially zero evidence for it, but what I do know is that they ARE real. What their ultimate agenda is, I don't know, but from the available evidence, it is entirely conceivable that they are responsible for humanity's creation, at least in its current form. This is of course what the whole Genesis story is all about with the Elohim (Anunnaki) taking centre stage.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Corey was a fraud from the start, his tenure at PA was a data mining op from the beginning. Even a year before his coming out party, he would get terribly upset if someone posted something in contradiction to his assertions in any given thread.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Corey was a fraud from the start, his tenure at PA was a data mining op from the beginning. Even a year before his coming out party, he would get terribly upset if someone posted something in contradiction to his assertions in any given thread.
    Just for the record, I am not contesting any of that. It's just that the question was asked whether I myself had always suspected it, and then I must confess that I hadn't, even if only because I wasn't really looking into his material. But yeah, in hindsight, he must have been data mining from day one.

For that matter, Shane "The Ruiner" Bales did the exact same thing. And I now believe that Shane's initial intention was to expose Corey and others like him ─ maybe even the gullibility of the entire "alternative community" ─ but then somewhere along the line, Shane got tempted by the taste of his success and decided to switch sides; instead of exposing the frauds, he saw more merit in joining them.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), PurpleLama (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My New Age experience consists of having read several books by Mary Summer Rain, reading posts by the 'adopted Hopi' guy I mentioned in the QC thread, and shopping in New Age stores for incense, singing bowls, polished stones and crystals, some jewelry, etc. But I really just like them for their natural beauty. I don't do rituals or charge crystals.

The Dream stuff has been more research and personal experience. After MSR I moved away from Dream dictionaries because I realized they are unnecessary. Nobody else can tell me what my dreams mean and they're often much more literal than symbolic.

The Mohawks (and others) say, "Nothing happens that hasn't been dreamt.," and "when we die we wake from the dream and enter the real world". They have generations of experience and don't fall into the New Age category. No doubt some New Agers have drawn from their knowledge.

I used to go to the Prayer Vigil for Peace down in DC near the obelisk. I did sunrise prayers with the folks, many of whom were New Age types.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Chris (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), PurpleLama (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    There is no doubt that the new age, conspiracy, alt media communities are all a little too credulous, and that there are many standing by to take advantage of that and even capitalize upon it. Lots of us have seen one new age scam too many, and can recognize such quickly.

It is a shame when one like sourcetruth comes along and holds on to their "message" so doggedly that nothing else gets through to them. I am leaning toward the whole persona being a fabrication, and it perhaps being the creator of the system herself, for its one pointed persistence in the face of pushback on every board on which it is being disseminated, simultaneously no less.

If sc is just a 17 year old boy as he claims, I hope he will revisit his interaction with greybeard on his PA thread, if he ever snaps out of it with QC.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), modwiz (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    My New Age experience consists of having read several books by Mary Summer Rain, reading posts by the 'adopted Hopi' guy I mentioned in the QC thread, and shopping in New Age stores for incense, singing bowls, polished stones and crystals, some jewelry, etc. But I really just like them for their natural beauty. I don't do rituals or charge crystals.

The Dream stuff has been more research and personal experience. After MSR I moved away from Dream dictionaries because I realized they are unnecessary. Nobody else can tell me what my dreams mean and they're often much more literal than symbolic.

The Mohawks (and others) say, "Nothing happens that hasn't been dreamt.," and "when we die we wake from the dream and enter the real world". They have generations of experience and don't fall into the New Age category. No doubt some New Agers have drawn from their knowledge.

I used to go to the Prayer Vigil for Peace down in DC near the obelisk. I did sunrise prayers with the folks, many of whom were New Age types.
    Exactly DT New Age is an amalgam of former traditions and the coup-de-grace is that we now have science to for all practical terms to verify it. It is the Grand Unified Theory from another mother. That doesn’t mean that I’m going to wear flowers in my hair but dare I say it I will pay deference to the concepts and not go fundamentalist when presented with a variation that doesn’t comport exactly with my perspective.

I don’t know if Judy is a shyster or a savior but a cultivator ??? There are plenty but I’m not getting that vibe from our local source. Smiley face. Maybe I’ll do a little research.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), PurpleLama (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Exactly DT New Age is an amalgam of former traditions and the coup-de-grace is that we now have science to for all practical terms to verify it. It is the Grand Unified Theory from another mother. That doesn’t mean that I’m going to wear flowers in my hair but dare I say it I will pay deference to the concepts and not go fundamentalist when presented with a variation that doesn’t comport exactly with my perspective.

I don’t know if Judy is a shyster or a savior but a cultivator ??? There are plenty but I’m not getting that vibe from our local source. Smiley face. Maybe I’ll do a little research.
    Some of her videos videos seem harmless enough, but some are downright sinister to the discerning mind. Don't take my word for it, waste an hour of your life like I did!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (17th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)