Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: New Agers R'Us

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I don't believe I would have denied that. In fact, I wrote it right up there in post #55, albeit that I also provided a proper context for it ─ which, in your determination and hostility, you have of course conveniently ignored.

You don't seem to realize it, but the more you speak, the more you confirm not only what others have said about you ─ both here and at Project Avalon ─ but also what have so far been my own impressions of you.
    But, you want to act as if your belief system is better then mine when it is not. You are reluctant to admit that you also have a belief system which you base your rejection in. I don't deny that your own belief system may have reason, but you are trying to say that your belief system has reason while mine does not. This only shows that you are the one who is fixed in their belief system. I never denied that your belief system may have reason within it, but I did make it clear that I do not accept your belief system as being the basis for your rejection of what I present. I don't reject your belief system, and I don't reject that you have spiritual knowledge, but I reject it being a basis for rejection of what I have presented.

Desperate to have the final word, are you? Well, we already knew that, kid. And it doesn't make one iota of difference.
    The more I speak, the more that what I say can be used to make me look worse in the way that you describe, but this is only when a negative perspective is adopted about me, when there is always a more positive perspective that can be considered. What perspective of me depends on what you choose to see of me, there are always two different sides to a story.
    QED. I rest my case, Your Honor. As I already wrote elsewhere...

"A fanatic is someone who cannot change his mind and will not change the subject."

(Winston Churchill)
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th October 2019)

Senior Member United States
    Thanks
    QED. I rest my case, Your Honor. As I already wrote elsewhere...

"A fanatic is someone who cannot change his mind and will not change the subject."

(Winston Churchill)
    It is not just that what I presented and what I say is being rejected, it is that I am being rejected as a person, which is a much bigger issue.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019), WantDisclosure (7th November 2019)

Thanks
    It is not just that what I presented and what I say is being rejected, it is that I am being rejected as a person, which is a much bigger issue.
    Given that you are getting the same response at every forum where you've been pushing your material so far, perhaps the time has come for you to look into the mirror and ask yourself why you are getting the responses you are getting.

There are only two possibilities. Either everyone in the world is an asshole who's out to get you, or there is something seriously wrong with how you interact with other people. Now which of those two explanations do you think has the greatest statistical plausibility?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hi ST,

yes, I agree and you are 100% correct that is a much bigger issue. When I was your age I was probably a much bigger ahole that you have proven yourself to be. I think the biggest lesson I had to learn is that those of lesser intellect will automatically tag you arrogant. If you let yourself be drawn into an "I am, I'm not" arrogant battle you lose...period! What one has to learn is a true balance and appreciation of one's gifts and then realize they aren't really one's by right, they are as appropriately termed, gifts. The next step is to realize that everyone is endowed with their own, they may or may not be commensurate or even of the same nature as yours, but they are indeed valuable to those who possess them. If we don't learn to navigate among the plethora of human types we are in for a lot of self-induced pain. And even with that awareness, many times it will be all for naught.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (19th October 2019), sourcetruth (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Given that you are getting the same response at every forum where you've been pushing your material so far, perhaps the time has come for you to look into the mirror and ask yourself why you are getting the responses you are getting.

There are only two possibilities. Either everyone in the world is an asshole who's out to get you, or there is something seriously wrong with how you interact with other people. Now which of those two explanations do you think has the greatest statistical plausibility?
    Or maybe it has to do with the nature of what I am presenting, which makes them behave that way towards me. It is being immediately rejected early on in the threads, so this is the most "statistically plausible" explanation.

Like I said, it is not only about the material being rejected, it is talso about me being rejected as a person.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I think the biggest lesson I had to learn is that those of lesser intellect will automatically tag you arrogant.
    Gee, thanks NotAPretender.

Or maybe it has to do with the nature of what I am presenting, which makes them behave that way towards me. It is being immediately rejected early on in the threads, so this is the most "statistically plausible" explanation.

Like I said, it is not only about the material being rejected, it is talso about me being rejected as a person.
    Of course your material is being rejected, but the fact that you yourself are being criticized is purely down to your behavior. And I've already given you a very adequate description of what's wrong with your behavior, so I'm not going to get into that again ─ whether you accept what I said or not. I've got better things to do than repeat myself all the time.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (19th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019), PurpleLama (19th October 2019), Wind (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Hi ST,

yes, I agree and you are 100% correct that is a much bigger issue. When I was your age I was probably a much bigger ahole that you have proven yourself to be. I think the biggest lesson I had to learn is that those of lesser intellect will automatically tag you arrogant. If you let yourself be drawn into an "I am, I'm not" arrogant battle you lose...period! What one has to learn is a true balance and appreciation of one's gifts and then realize they aren't really one's by right, they are as appropriately termed, gifts. The next step is to realize that everyone is endowed with their own, they may or may not be commensurate or even of the same nature as yours, but they are indeed valuable to those who possess them. If we don't learn to navigate among the plethora of human types we are in for a lot of self-induced pain. And even with that awareness, many times it will be all for naught.
    That is what I am starting to realize. Certain people will automatically label you as arrogant when they disagree with you. The more that you try to defend yourself against being arrogant, the more arrogant you will be made out to be. It seems that the best soultion is to just not let myself get drawn into feeling that I have to defend myself against these accusations, because it is too easy to get drawn into such an argument.

One has to really understand who they are dealing with, and learn to interact with all different kindsa of people.

I am still growing and developing as a person, and there is a lot that I still have to learn.
    Last edited by sourcetruth, 19th October 2019 at 15:12.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aragorn, yours is not a matter of lesser or greater degrees, yours is a matter of maturity and obviously you are more mature, but not at the moment, of a more forgiving approach.

That is what I am starting to realize. Certain people will automatically label you as arrogant when they disagree with you. The more that you try to defend yourself against being arrogant, the more arrogant you will be made out to be. It seems that the best soultion is to just not let myself get drawn into feeling that I have to defend myself against these accusations, because it is too easy to get drawn into such an argument.

One has to really understand who they are dealing with, and learn to interact with all different kindsa of people
    It surely is, but don't forget the other part, though there will be disagreement there has to be a mutual respect when deserved. My drawing line for mutual respect is when the opposition has a position that is contra-indicative to the appreciation of the inherent dignity of ALL human beings.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

sourcetruth (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Gee, thanks NotAPretender.

Of course your material is being rejected, but the fact that you yourself are being criticized is purely down to your behavior. And I've already given you a very adequate description of what's wrong with your behavior, so I'm not going to get into that again ─ whether you accept what I said or not. I've got better things to do than repeat myself all the time.
    They have a point, do they not?
    I am not the only one who sees it.

We could go back and forth all day, but it is all a matter of interpertation.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

We could go back and forth all day, but it is all a matter of interpertation.
    Why do you bother??? It is abit crazy isn't it?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019), PurpleLama (19th October 2019), Wind (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Aragorn, yours is not a matter of lesser or greater degrees, yours is a matter of maturity and obviously you are more mature, but not at the moment, of a more forgiving approach.

It surely is, but don't forget the other part, though there will be disagreement there has to be a mutual respect when deserved. My drawing line for mutual respect is when the opposition has a position that is contra-indicative to the appreciation of the inherent dignity of ALL human beings.
    Well, there certainly does have to be mutual respect in a discussion.

My drawing line would be placed a little further out then that. I would always be willing to hear what they have to say, but I wouldn't immediately reject them.

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Why do you bother??? It is abit crazy isn't it?
    I only want to be understood better by others, that is all.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (20th October 2019), WantDisclosure (7th November 2019)

Thanks
    If I were unforgiving then I would have already banned sourcetruth by now. The fact that I haven't done that yet should tell you something.

Coming from you, that is both a gratuitous and opportunistic argument, and it only confirms that you're trying to turn this into a pissing contest.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (19th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019), Wind (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    I only want to be understood better by others, that is all.
    That's all well and good, but you should try to learn to understand others too. That way life will be much easier. I also do agree that Aragorn has been really tolerant with you. Perhaps you should take a step back and look at this whole thing from a distance and maybe take a breather, you are not coming from a neutral place at the moment. Are you adding more understanding and cohesion to this forum or just confusion?

From experience I can tell that if you are not willing or can't understand this then you will be shown the door sooner or later. Bear in mind that unlike on other forums here people do not get banned easily and when they do there are always very good reasons for that.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2019), Elen (19th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    If I were unforgiving then I would have already banned sourcetruth by now. The fact that I haven't done that yet should tell you something.

Coming from you, that is both a gratuitous and opportunistic argument, and it only confirms that you're trying to turn this into a pissing contest.
    Now that is a matter of degree. I'm not fighting against you, Aragorn, I am fighting for ST, to be given a little breathing room because I think there is potential value to the forum in him. Is that bad?!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2019), Elen (19th October 2019), sourcetruth (19th October 2019), Wind (19th October 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That's all well and good, but you should try to learn to understand others too. That way life will be much easier. I also do agree that Aragorn has been really tolerant with you. Perhaps you should take a step back and look at this whole thing from a distance and maybe take a breather, you are not coming from a neutral place at the moment. Are you adding more understanding and cohesion to this forum or just confusion?

From experience I can tell that if you are not willing or can't understand this then you will be shown the door sooner or later. Bear in mind that unlike on other forums here people do not get banned easily and when they do there are always very good reasons for that.
    Maybe I should take a step back, there is too much conflict going on and not enough understanding of each other.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2019), Elen (20th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2019), Wind (19th October 2019)