Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: New Agers R'Us

Senior Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Some of her videos videos seem harmless enough, but some are downright sinister to the discerning mind. Don't take my word for it, waste an hour of your life like I did!
    I would have challenged this statement if you made it on my other thread, but becausw it is locked, it would be off topic to discuss it here.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), PurpleLama (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Some of her videos videos seem harmless enough, but some are downright sinister to the discerning mind. Don't take my word for it, waste an hour of your life like I did!
    Sigh...

Okay, I reckon after this whole ridiculous cross forum dust up, I had better accept this homework assignment just to officially dot my i's and cross my t's.

But one hour, and one hour only beyond the 5 minutes I already gave it!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th October 2019), Aragorn (17th October 2019), Dreamtimer (17th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2019), PurpleLama (17th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    There is no doubt that the new age, conspiracy, alt media communities are all a little too credulous, and that there are many standing by to take advantage of that and even capitalize upon it. Lots of us have seen one new age scam too many, and can recognize such quickly.

It is a shame when one like sourcetruth comes along and holds on to their "message" so doggedly that nothing else gets through to them. I am leaning toward the whole persona being a fabrication, and it perhaps being the creator of the system herself, for its one pointed persistence in the face of pushback on every board on which it is being disseminated, simultaneously no less.

If sc is just a 17 year old boy as he claims, I hope he will revisit his interaction with greybeard on his PA thread, if he ever snaps out of it with QC.
    What does my persistence mean to you if I am a 17 year old boy?
    Last edited by sourcetruth, 18th October 2019 at 02:17.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    What does my persistence mean to you if I am a 17 year old boy?
    Probably something like this

Gotta love a 16 year old girl's view of the entire Quartz Crystal thing
    Last edited by Malisa, 18th October 2019 at 05:52.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), PurpleLama (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

Statement

Just a friendly reminder from the staff: ad hominems against another forum member are strictly verboten here. sourcetruth, I have deleted your most recent post on this thread, for that very reason.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Just a friendly reminder from the staff: ad hominems against another forum member are strictly verboten here. sourcetruth, I have deleted your most recent post on this thread, for that very reason.

There might be Trump voters reading this. Speak American, like Jesus did!

I'm sure they will have no idea, what you're on about...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Is it not ad hominem to call me a brainwashed cult member?
    Last edited by sourcetruth, 18th October 2019 at 10:03.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Wow...

What about the ad hominem attacks where you call me a brainwashed cult member, are those not ad hominem attacks? Is this just another double standard?
    No, because you are brainwashed, and your entire posting history both here and elsewhere proves that.. Calling someone a troll for pointing out your erratic behavior is an ad hominem.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Malisa (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    No, because you are brainwashed, and your entire posting history both here and elsewhere proves that.. Calling someone a troll for pointing out your erratic behavior is an ad hominem.
    I was criticizing that person for their trolling behavior and uncivil behavior on my ATS thread. You can not say that they were not trolling on my ATS thread unless you have actually read it.

Calling me brainwashed is still ad hominem when you use it against me, in an argument with me about a topic, regardless of if you think it is true or not.
    Last edited by sourcetruth, 18th October 2019 at 10:23.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), WantDisclosure (7th November 2019)

Thanks
    That doesn't make it any less of an ad hominem, claiming that an ad hominem is true does not make it any less of an ad hominem.
    This really is a double standard.
    There is a difference between a valid criticism and a gratuitous insult. Our criticisms of you so far have been valid, and they pertain to your behavior, not to your honor. Calling someone a troll is not a criticism but a gratuitous attack on their honor.

At this point, I would also like to remind you of the fact that it is the staff of The One Truth that makes up the rules here, not the members, and certainly not a member who has only joined up here 12 days ago.

If you don't like it here at The One Truth, then you are free to find yourself a greener pasture ─ and I do wish to add that in my personal opinion, I don't think you will ever fit in here, even if only because of your one-sided input and your neurotically intransigent and confrontational behavior.

For that matter, please do also take note of the fact that you have so far not been kicked off of this forum just yet, because we're a pretty tolerant bunch over here. But if for whatever reason you find yourself unable to abide by the rules of the house ─ rules which are quite flexible, but which can also become hard as concrete under certain conditions ─ then you may ultimately find yourself in that position yet.

I was criticizing that person for their trolling behavior and uncivil behavior on my ATS thread. You can not say that they were not trolling on my ATS thread unless you have actually read it.9
    What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. This here is The One Truth, not Above Top Secret, nor Project Avalon, nor Project Camelot, nor Godlike Productions, nor any other "alternative community" forum.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Malisa (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Sigh...

Okay, I reckon after this whole ridiculous cross forum dust up, I had better accept this homework assignment just to officially dot my i's and cross my t's.

But one hour, and one hour only beyond the 5 minutes I already gave it!
    Soooooo, I actually did more like 1 1/2 hours of that, but fortunately it wasn't really time wasted because I can just stick the phone in an outer tool belt pocket and listen while at work.

Pretty much run of the mill entry level stuff if you ask me. Not dissimilar from other channeled material I've come across over the years. I didn't really notice anything "sinister", but if you can point something out I may have missed I'll be more than happy to look again. The closest I can come to that would be the usual mistake of going through a "middle man" so to speak, but more so giving the follower that certain sense of being special.

Nothing I heard was original of course, little take offs from things like "The Secret", basic magick, "The Matrix", etc., and of course we have to have our rules just like in Judaism or Catholicism.

I think sourcetruth would have been much better off having stumbled across influences like Alan Watts first. For that matter, Kai as well but to a lesser degree and for different, less dangerous reasons.

Socrates

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Chris (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Malisa (18th October 2019), PurpleLama (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    In a few videos some of the concepts around soulless entities (people who are suffering) being here to run scripts (experiences) designed to steal a source player's energy (the feelings of empathy and compassion, any desire to help) really fly in the face of everything I know or even suspect anout the Universe to be true.

Not only would such a dehumanizing outlook deter someone from doing anything to make the world a better place, it requires a person to harden themselves against such feelings, which in my estimation could stand to actively stunt a persons moral and spiritual growth.

That is what I was pointing at, when I used the term, sinister.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Fred Steeves (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That's a very good point, PurpleLama.

I wouldn't say 17 was a boy. 17 is a young man, or young woman. It's an age that can marry in some of our states and join the military (with parental consent). That'll make one an adult right quick.

A quick road to power or spirituality is usually not a good one.

If you can just take the good from the videos, sourcetruth, you'll be OK. But at 17, you don't quite have the mental maturity to do that without great difficulty. No offense, the Executive Director function in the brain isn't fully developed until 25 years.

A good exercise might be to explore some other sources and compare them. Then meditate or contemplate or make a pro/con list. Some kind of exercise to help you absorb the material and its benefit without having to give over your own will.

No other person should command you or tell you what to think or what your spiritual value is. Especially if you've never met them.

(requiring the following of forum rules is appropriate here)

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Malisa (18th October 2019), PurpleLama (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    In a few videos some of the concepts around soulless entities (people who are suffering) being here to run scripts (experiences) designed to steal a source player's energy (the feelings of empathy and compassion, any desire to help) really fly in the face of everything I know or even suspect anout the Universe to be true.

Not only would such a dehumanizing outlook deter someone from doing anything to make the world a better place, it requires a person to harden themselves against such feelings, which in my estimation could stand to actively stunt a persons moral and spiritual growth.

That is what I was pointing at, when I used the term, sinister.
    Yeah okay I gotchya. Actually that completes my observation of the specialness involved in being a supposed source player. Any time one feels above the other, trouble is sure to follow.

Socrates

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2019), Dreamtimer (18th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Malisa (18th October 2019), PurpleLama (18th October 2019), Wind (18th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Any time one feels above the other, trouble is sure to follow.
    I can tell that the universe will always find way to take down a peg or two the person who feels superior.

In the end we all will end up being humble. It is just up to us how painful the road to that realization will be.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th October 2019), Elen (18th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2019), Fred Steeves (18th October 2019), Malisa (18th October 2019), PurpleLama (18th October 2019)