Thread: The forces of darkness

Retired Member
    Thanks

The forces of darkness

Here is a challenging report on a troublesome influence on society and on people.
    Read with an open mind.
    https://www.clarity-of-being.org/dar...rue-nature.htm

An extract
    " Virtually universally, the garbage, usually described more diffusely and frighteningly as 'the forces of darkness', 'forces of evil' or similar, has got itself identified in people's minds as various kinds of 'dark' being or 'entity', such as Satan, Lucifer, 'dark' spirits, demons, 'lower astral beings', archons, astral lords, dark angels, dark guides, forces / spirits of Nature, and so on, which are perceived as being pitted against 'positive' or 'higher' beings and presences such as God, the various angels and archangels, and other 'higher' beings such as 'ascended masters' and a whole 'menagerie' of supposedly highly beneficial astral gods / goddesses. Further below I show how wide of the mark the popular notions of the nature / identity of those various beings / entities / presences really are - i.e., according to the working model that I developed in order to usefully explain the masses of observations of mine that were not helpfully explained by the angles on major troublesome influences that are presented by the various traditions and belief systems."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beacon For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th October 2019), Aragorn (13th October 2019), Dreamtimer (14th October 2019), Elen (13th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Welcome to our little Shire, Beacon.

P.S.: I'm tentatively moving your thread to the Mysterious Events & Phenomena category, because that's generally the category where we talk about the supernatural. Conspiracies & Cover-Ups is more for the human-originated corruption of our society.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th October 2019), Beacon (26th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (14th October 2019), Elen (13th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2019), Wind (13th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hi Beacon,

that is an interesting start. Here's my opening opinion bearing in mind I'm just speculating where this is heading.

I forget the author's name but the book is about 'evil'. It's the genes he says. Genes dictate our decisions based on literal mathematical calculations that take place at a sub/meta consciousness level. It is genetic strategy that results in such horrific human behaviors. But in my 'strategic estimation' there is always the lower/higher level to be considered. If we assume that genes are guiding our actions then why are genes endowed with such power? One could argue that genes are obviously the progenitors of life, including and especially human life so of course genes are the masters. But it has been argued that as 'rational' creatures we have the capacity to overcome our genetic drives, in fact, there are many examples where humanity has shown the capacity to do just that. Altruism has demonstrated itself as a highly successful survival strategy...it is benign, symbiotic (which is nature's way), and dare I say it, an example of higher human behavior.

But it is obvious that as a species we do poorly in practicing this guiding principle? Why? The problem in my opinion is not the belief in the existence of such entities but rather a consequence of focusing on the negative as opposed to the positive. So which comes first, the 'decision' to focus on the negative or the psychological dysfunction? To question the supernatural is a very deeply embedded aspect of the human psyche.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th October 2019), Aragorn (13th October 2019), Beacon (26th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (14th October 2019), Elen (14th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Interesting, welcome.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th October 2019), Beacon (26th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (14th October 2019), Elen (14th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Welcome, Beacon.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th October 2019), Aragorn (14th October 2019), Beacon (26th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Elen (14th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (14th October 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome

Haha the interesting thing is that (under the theory) the influence is actually human originated and possibly to do with people tampering with the astral through using special powers and such. If you are familar with the common notions of the astral his working model of it is different in the sense he sees it like a system reserved partition not to be tampered with.

I myself dont put a lot of emphasis on the importance of genes in describing the understanding of people.
    Although I am more influenced by social science which usually ignores genes perhaps due to problems like eugenics and how its hard to find correlation within peoples actions. I think scientists these days have very much reformed their ideas of genes.
    Genes are epigenetic so they can be switched on and off depending on the environment.

In th materialist reductionist point of view you could see it where the body is reduced to a sort of machine. However recently scientists have at least moved away from this a bit, in thinking that the boundaries in a body are not as clear as in a machine and are looking at it more holistically, though they still ignore anything that is too "woo" seeming in their interpretations.

There is the realisation that looking at one gene and isolating it is a bad approach and look for combinations of genes, though there are limits to this approach too.

Genes do play a important role in our behaviour though but it's in combination with various other factors.
    Altruism is probably not how id describe it but helping others as part of survival is important
    which darwin mentioned alongside the survival of the fittest idea.
    A lot of what darwin had said about evolution is being challenged a lot within science we will see how his theories hold in a few years time.

Back on the topic of "evil". Well the idea of evil is one that is often not helpful in most cases, but we could talk about distored intentions/actions, acts of harm (the widely known but misunderstood idea of karma). The influence he talks about are just thought forms who have no real consciousness and are just programming of sort that is left behind from peoples actions. Some similarity to the idea of ghosts.
    We could think of the "forces of anti-awakening" like the mara in buddhism or the archons of the gnostics.

In terms of think positive and think negative
    I think the best way is to think realistic and think useful.

I encourage anyone who is inclined to check the report and related links on the site I originally linked btw
    Even if you don't agree with the site there are some useful things on there in addition to the report which could be helpful whether you can't sleep at night or feel lonely or have issues with entities.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beacon For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th October 2019), Aragorn (26th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Elen (27th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th October 2019)

Thanks
    Hi Again, Beacon...

I think you could have some interesting discussions with Chris...he is a sucker for 'entities'... Just kidding, Chris. I see your point and as you mentioned it centers around the 'woowoo' notion. At this point in human development we have to embrace 'woowoo' or we may miss the 'reality' altogether and many 2nd tier scientists (some would call them glorified technicians) do exactly that.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th October 2019), Aragorn (26th October 2019), Beacon (26th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Lol you drive mw nana's NAP, a great post above imo Rare. I imagine you sometimes tip toeing along holding H Clintons hand, through our shire.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th October 2019)

Thanks
    nah, not really...I just try to bring focus...sometimes...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2019), Aragorn (27th October 2019), Cearna (23rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019)