Thread: TheHighersideChats: Tony Ortega, Scientology, NXIVM, & Jehovah’s Witnesses

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thinking TheHighersideChats: Tony Ortega, Scientology, NXIVM, & Jehovah’s Witnesses

Worth the listen !

"The devil is in the details" ...

Tony Ortega | Scientology, NXIVM, & Jehovah’s Witnesses

TheHighersideChats

Tony Ortega is a journalist who was formerly the editor of The Village Voice. He has written about Scientology since 1995, and his book The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper about Scientology’s most infamous campaign of terror, came out in May 2015. He continues to monitor breaking developments around the world from an undisclosed location in an underground bunker he shares with four cats and one of them wrinkly Shar Pei dogs. His latest book, Battlefield Scientology: Exposing L Ron Hubbard's Dangerous "Religion" is a great collection of highlights from his ongoing coverage of Scientology. Follow his work at TonyOrtega.org
    Premiered/streamed 9/20/2019

1:17:03 minutes

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st September 2019), Aragorn (21st September 2019), Dreamtimer (21st September 2019), Elen (21st September 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I knew the church was low, but the detail of stealing a fingerprint of Paulette Cooper, stealing her stationary, and then framing her for a bomb threat is pretty amazingly down-in-the-dregs low.

And we (humans) still have such an easy-to-manipulate tendency towards cultish behavior. So sad.

I myself have wanted to find a 'peaceful community', but always knew the risks of cults were too high to really join anything like that. And I couldn't found one either, because someone else would turn it into a cult.

What is the human quality that makes this possible?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd September 2019), Elen (21st September 2019), Gio (21st September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Please note:the above podcast contains information that could help prevent vulnerable types from falling into this (so called) religious belief system - Hence avoiding possible - confusion, anguish of mind, and heartache!
    Last edited by Gio, 1st October 2019 at 01:59.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st October 2019), Dreamtimer (1st October 2019), Elen (1st October 2019)