Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRAS

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Please forgive my ignorance. How is Gates a trigger for the right? Back in the day he was their hero. He got away with the predatory marketing and practical monopoly of computer system markets. And he was/is championed for his charity. Wasn't he also involved in the creation of the common core in public schools? Maybe that's where it went wrong for him. I don't keep up on Gates.

I used to talk to my friend about the atrocious security of Windows and all he would ever say is "they have the best games". Like he was fourteen.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 5th April 2020 at 13:47.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (5th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2020), Gio (5th April 2020), Wind (5th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Exclamation

Especially now during the coronavirus crisis,
    we all need to be vigilant to its signs ...

Domestic violence is also a virus ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (6th April 2020), Dreamtimer (5th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I hope Gio doesn't mind this reply...

lol, DT, it started the day he began doing humanitarian work...it was extremely obvious that he had sold his soul to the evil one...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (6th April 2020), Dreamtimer (5th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (5th April 2020)

Thanks

Thinking

It’s only love that gets you through – Sade

3:53 minutes

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (6th April 2020), Dreamtimer (5th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), modwiz (5th April 2020), Wind (5th April 2020)

Thanks
    Once upon a time I would listen to her for hours...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (6th April 2020), Dreamtimer (5th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (5th April 2020), Wind (5th April 2020)

Thanks

Thinking

At first glance i thought it was my favorite comedian ...

Sebastian Maniscalco, Heroic Home Invasion Defender, Thanks Community and Offers True Words of Appreciation for Police and Fire “Incredible People”

Following a bizarre home invasion in which a homeowner successfully prevented two masked thugs from physically harming his family, Sebastian Maniscalco (cousin of the famous comedian) expressed gratitude to neighbors, friends and family. He also expressed special gratitude to police, SWAT, paramedics and detectives who responded to the scene. He had special praise for Arlington Heights police detective Valerie Sanders.

“April 4th changed our lives, and brought true appreciation in the fact we are alive. It is so incredibly important we acknowledge and thank all of the Arlington Heights law enforcement, Detectives, Special teams, SWAT, Paramedics, Fire department, Forensics and at the front of this case, the lead detective and her unwavering, above and beyond non stop effort to bring justice to our family. We had the opportunity to meet some of the most incredible people through a horrific circumstance. You are amazing. Please know you carry our everlasting respect and gratitude.”

— Sebastian Maniscalco

Maniscalco said his reaction to the outpouring of support speaks volumes of the GOOD that is out there. Undoubtedly, Maniscalco experienced an emotional past week, which included shooting and killing one of the offenders, forcefully ousting the other from his house, facing a police investigation, and most importantly rescuing his family — all in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

God bless each and everyone of you. We may have experienced the incredible evil in the world but because of all of you, you made sure we can still see there is Good.❤️🙏

— Sebastian Maniscalco

Sebastian Maniscalco and Sebastian Maniscalco at a gathering of family
    and friends at Chicago Cut Steakhouse on November 1, 2019.

Source

More here ...

Dramatic video shows homeowner fighting off
    suspect during fatal home invasion

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (10th April 2020), Dreamtimer (10th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th April 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Especially now during the coronavirus crisis,
    we all need to be vigilant to its signs ...

Domestic violence is also a virus ...
    Many children have suffered abuse during this crisis. I am so grateful that my husband and I do not have these issues, and did not pass anything down to our son. The people and animals are all well and healthy. And the neighbors across the street are the same. It's a blessing to count, and also something to be proud of.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (10th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th April 2020), Gio (10th April 2020), Wind (15th April 2020)

Thanks

Wink

Hey you ...

Dear celebrities: Stop making coronavirus all about you

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen finds peace from the coronavirus in front of a waterfall. Instagram @gisele

While much of the United States is on lockdown, scared or bored out of their wits, broke and newly unemployed, many celebrities, TV personalities and “influencers” are behaving like Nero, fiddling while Rome burned.

The hordes of the entitled aren’t quite sure how to behave. Everything has changed. How will they be aspirational? How can they show America that they too are in pain, struggling and therefore relatable/likable? Many of them have dug deep into their shallow psyches and bravely tried to show us their burden either via their own television shows or social media channels to get their daily dose of crowd-sourced dopamine. And it’s … horrific.

Yeah, I’m talking to you Ellen DeGeneres. Earlier this month, Ellen taped her show from inside one of her palatial mansions and complained: “This is like being in jail.” I would happily offer to switch places with poor Ellen while she holes up in my tiny three-room apartment and I spread out in her multi-tiered fantasy pad. Or take Kelly Ripa — who started crying because although she is lucky enough to isolate at her huge home with her healthy children, those mean kids won’t let her hug them. At one point, Ripa even used that lousy excuse (used by misogynists everywhere to “explain” female behavior): “Maybe I’m just getting my period.”

Meanwhile, social media is bursting with tone-deaf celebrities trying to “inspire” us with nearly nude sexy photos while the rest of us pack on the COVID-19 pounds. There are the usual suspects like Emily Ratajkowski and her husband posing naked on what looks like a toilet. Or Bella Hadid who posted a shot of herself casually lounging poolside in a teeny bikini while her BFF, Kendall Jenner, spends self-isolation chilling in her underwear for all of us to endure.

Even D-listers want in on the nude attention: Ex-tennis star Ashley Harkleroad went naked to save “money on clothes” — riiiiight — and the ever-thirsty UFC contestant Paige VanZant and husband Austin Vanderford still insist on stripping off every day despite a fan backlash. Having to be sexy all the damn time smacks not of body positivity but low self-esteem — and a constant need for the public peanut gallery to cheer them on. I refuse.

Many so-called “influencers” have gone crying to media outlets like The New York Times, Bloomberg, Business Insider, and Digiday because their money is drying up — although some have found a way to milk the viral opportunity. According to the Daily Beast, “’The Bachelor’ franchise alum and fitness coach Krystal Nielson recently suggested that there’s one easy way to avoid contracting the virus: Sign up for her two-week detox program!”

Kendall Jenner gives us a peek into her pants, which isn’t helpful during this pandemic.Instagram @kendalljenner

Then there are the people with zero percent body fat showing me how FUN it is to work out at home and cool “tips” on how to lose weight like Rita Ora, Kate Bosworth (using a device that looks more like a sex toy than anything else), Tracee Ellis Ross (who can apparently afford a home treadmill — good for you!), Jessica Alba dancing inside her home gym (sob) and hordes of others. I am not interested. I’m just gonna do some old Jane Fonda workout videos, do bicep curls using cans of beans I hope to never have to eat and lunge for the wine bottle come five o’clock.

In the same vein are the Rich Kids of the Internet on Instagram, many of whom are wealthy because their parents are venal dictators, oligarchs or hucksters, who now have to wear face masks (!) and stay on a yacht alone (!), pose by a pool alone (!), and can’t take their hideously ugly and expensive cars out of their garage during lock-down. I hope they all get boils.

Then, of course, there’s Gisele Bundchen, the supermodel who, while promoting Global Meditation, posted a pic of herself in front of a beautiful pool and waterfall as she extolled the importance of being Zen. Which is easy to do when you’re not losing your job, have millions in the bank and are healthy. She also posted a romantic video of her and Ken-doll husband Tom Brady riding horses while talking about balance in one’s marriage. Yaaaaay for you, Gisele. Now go away.

Not everybody is awful. Thank God for Leslie Jordan whose Instagram antics brighten my day. People like Sarah Silverman cheering from her balcony in a bathroom while banging on pots and pans for healthcare heroes, grocery store workers and delivery people, and that sweet angel Tyler Perry paying for elderly people’s groceries have warmed my heart and brought a tear to my eye. I’m even down with Naomi Watts’ breakdown over her home appliances failing (I mean, we can all relate to that.)

Everyone else — turn off your recording devices, stop making it all about you and try to empathize with the 99.99 percent of the rest of us… by just going silent and not being a jerk.

It won’t last forever, I promise. But our memory of your insane behavior will.

Source/links: nypost.com

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (11th April 2020), Dreamtimer (12th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th April 2020)

Thanks

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (13th April 2020), Dreamtimer (14th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th April 2020)

Thanks

LOL

Obama: I'm endorsing you Joe ...

Biden: For what?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (15th April 2020), Dreamtimer (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2020), Wind (15th April 2020)

Thanks
    I thought it was foolish and arrogant from the get-go for Biden to enter the race. He did it because he saw a need to defeat Trump. For him, that's not a good reason. People will vote against Trump whomever is the nominee. But now we have anti-Biden votes because he's too old.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2020), Gio (15th April 2020), Wind (15th April 2020)

Thanks
    but...but...Biden is so lovable.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (15th April 2020), Wind (15th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    but...but...Biden is so lovable.
    Good one!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (15th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    People will vote against Trump whomever is the nominee. But now we have anti-Biden votes because he's too old.
    You so sure the anti Biden vote might not be because he has a terrible record, he’s corrupt, he’s nothing but the corporate democratic establishment’s latest empty suited figurehead to carry on their pro Wall Street/pro war agenda, and his obvious dementia is getting so bad he has to be hidden away and protected as much as possible?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXvwumYE7_s

The days of the rallying cry “vote blue no matter who” may be going the way if the do do bird, at least for people under 50 who aren’t still slave chained to the likes of MSNBC and CNN for their information drip feed.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 15th April 2020 at 17:09. Reason: embedded your video :)
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (15th April 2020), Dreamtimer (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (15th April 2020), Kathy (15th April 2020), Wind (15th April 2020)

Thanks

Thinking

Perhaps it's high time to get over the main 2 party ideologue shill pundits spill talk ...
    Obviously, there are good and qualifying individuals who could (and might) lead
    the U.S. out of it's ongoing quasi-draconian political nightmare ...

But of course we all know where that kind of motorcade can lead to ...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2020), Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Wind (15th April 2020)