Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRAS

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (15th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The two party system will be very difficult to undo. But with enough folks motivated, it's a possibility. However, they would have to be united to a huge degree.

Apparently, using Trump as a model, people are willing to overlook all kinds of things in a candidate's record.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020), Wind (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    omigod, Biden has turned into Dubya...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Apparently, using Trump as a model, people are willing to overlook all kinds of things in a candidate's record.
    Yep, just like the Obama/Biden record of screwing the little people out of their homes in a time of financial crisis caused by Wall Street, propping up Wall Street as their reward, and further empowering the Military Industrial Complex. Nice and lefty liberal eh?

Where's the "me too" brigade on this guy btw?
    https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/211959...ult-allegation

Conveniently out to lunch maybe?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020), Wind (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Never underestimate the power of cognitive dissonance.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Question

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Yep, just like the Obama/Biden record of screwing the little people out of their homes in a time of financial crisis caused by Wall Street, propping up Wall Street as their reward, and further empowering the Military Industrial Complex. Nice and lefty liberal eh?
    Fred perhaps you can link some references to help strengthen your above statement ... And regarding Biden, it's already well known he can be kind of a creep to women ... But as far as a sexual assault, that is only an accusation ... So far?
    Last edited by Gio, 16th April 2020 at 01:43.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Fred perhaps you can link some references to help strengthen your above statement ...
    You wouldn’t think that anyone could look at the calamity of the foreclosure crisis, where fraudulent mortgage origination, fraudulent securitizations, fraudulent loan servicing and fraudulent evictions combined to dispossess 6 million Americans from their homes, and see it as a money-making opportunity. Well, nobody except for perhaps Donald Trump. But a news investigation into the aftermath of the crisis shows that the U.S. government did turn a profit on after-the-fact enforcement of these interlocking frauds, without distributing those profits to the homeowner victims. We can add a clause to the famed Occupy Wall Street chant: Banks got bailed out, we got sold out and the government made a killing.
    https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Colum...s-Made-Killing

So far as being the pro war company man:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOx_eNrXrVQ

And regarding Biden, it's already well known he can be kind of a creep to women ...But as far as a sexual assault, that is only an accusation ... So far?
    Just like Brett Kavanaugh? Whatever happened to believe all women?

Socrates

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020), Wind (17th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanks Fred, it's always wise to add validity to one's post -
    especially when making such political statements ...

Saves a lot of back and forth ... If you know what i mean ...

And as for believing all women, don't count me in that camp.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Wind (17th April 2020)

Thanks
    We've got a devil's choice. The one going senile, or the other one going senile.

Perhaps we should look to which one cares more about the nation and which one cares more about himself.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020), Wind (17th April 2020)

Thanks

Thinking

No doubts the fleecing of America began a long time ago ...
    And it continues nonstop up to the present and beyond ...

The U.S. has thrown more than $6 trillion at the coronavirus crisis.
    That number could grow.

"In late February, the Trump administration said it planned to spend $2.5 billion to fight the coronavirus. A month and a half later, President Trump signed off on spending almost a thousand times as much — $2.35 trillion. And that amount doesn’t include the Federal Reserve’s efforts, which are harder to measure but seem likely to blow past the $4 trillion mark" ... More here

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Dreamtimer (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020)

Thanks

Thinking

And speaking of creepy ...
    The original.

Zeus the Extraterrestrial (Trailer
    )

FarsightPress
    https://www.farsightprime.com/

Apr 15, 2020

11:31 minutes

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't know who's accepting blanket statements such as 'believe all women'. Considering the very long trend of dismissing them out of hand, I would think taking their experiences into consideration would be a great step forward.

The farce in the Senate regarding Kavanaugh is about much more than just 'believing all women. The Senate behaved shamefully.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    hmm, on the Biden 'allegation' My first assumption was the source was Fox news but because it doesn't seem to be, I will give it a 2nd thought. Vox? No idea whence that emerges and I don't think I care to know.

If history has taught us anything we know the claim is to be discounted at all levels of the polity. The rank-and-file can choose their side.

I see it in one of two ways. If the shoe fits he gotta wear it or if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanks Fred, it's always wise to add validity to one's post -
    especially when making such political statements ...

Saves a lot of back and forth ... If you know what i mean ...
    Ordinarily I would Gio, just that this character has been in the public eye for so long, his record so well known, that I figured I could take the lazy man's way out and just speak off the cuff about him.

No problems in asking for citations though, one thing I never do is speak of rumor and innuendo, always ready to back it up.

No doubts the fleecing of America began a long time ago ...
    And it continues nonstop up to the present and beyond ...

The U.S. has thrown more than $6 trillion at the coronavirus crisis.
    That number could grow.
    To evoke the late John Wayne, you've got that right pilgrim. That urges me to ask a rhetorical question here: Whether ever fattening the beast of war, stepping on the poor to reward the rich and powerful, or becoming more and more indebted to the central bankers, is it each individual president that all seem to believe this is the way to go, or are they merely another cog in the big machine?

By the way, it disgusts me just looking at those ghouls behind Captain Chaos there.

Then again, with Citigroup and other WallStreet insiders picking Obama's cabinet for him, that disgust forms a nice complete circle.
    https://observer.com/2016/10/obama-m...om-big-banker/

We've got a devil's choice. The one going senile, or the other one going senile.

Perhaps we should look to which one cares more about the nation and which one cares more about himself.
    That would be a wash in my view. One wears his elitist assholery on his sleeve, the other will smile to shake your hand, while slipping a knife in your back. Some choice...

I don't see that as a devil's choice, I see that as a succor's choice. As usual.

I don't know who's accepting blanket statements such as 'believe all women'. Considering the very long trend of dismissing them out of hand, I would think taking their experiences into consideration would be a great step forward.

The farce in the Senate regarding Kavanaugh is about much more than just 'believing all women. The Senate behaved shamefully.
    I had that slightly wrong, it's #BelieveWomen.

— from powerful politicians to prominent figures in media, entertainment, journalism, finance, sports, and other fields — have been adversely effected by #MeToo allegations.
    Will Democrats now apply the same exacting and often unforgiving standards to the man who's locked down the party's presidential nomination?
    The problem is real. But it's not quite as bad as some appear to think.
    That certainly includes Republicans. They insist Democrats accepted the activist slogan and hashtag #BelieveWomen and used it as a bludgeon against Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court confirmation hearings when psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford accused him of a drunken sexual assault at a high school party three decades in the past. Republicans claim that for Democrats to be consistent, they need to apply precisely the same standard to Reade and Biden: They must believe her without question, drag Biden through the mud, and presumably keep him off the Democratic ticket for his alleged behavior 27 years ago. Anything less would be a blatant double standard.
    https://theweek.com/articles/908754/...mpaign=twitter

Sure the senate behaved shamefully then, just as democrats circling the wagons around Biden and all but ignoring this woman now is shameful.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 16th April 2020 at 13:16.

Socrates

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020), Wind (17th April 2020)

Thanks
    Simple reality, you've asked the wrong questions Fred

"To evoke the late John Wayne, you've got that right pilgrim. That urges me to ask a rhetorical question here: Whether ever fattening the beast of war, stepping on the poor to reward the rich and powerful, or becoming more and more indebted to the central bankers, is it each individual president that all seem to believe this is the way to go, or are they merely another cog in the big machine?"

They don't believe any of the above (the left that are truly left, that is). They KNOW that is the only way to go...take the crumbs or eat cake!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2020), Elen (24th April 2020), Gio (16th April 2020)