Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Can Save The World! Let's Start Here!

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts

We Can Save The World! Let's Start Here!

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th August 2019), Aragorn (24th August 2019), Chester (27th August 2019), Elen (25th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019), Kathy (25th August 2019), Silly Wabbit (25th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Sadly those that want to better the world in which we live, and are willing to make the effort? Are the only ones that watch such things, as those that truly need it? Well they wouldn't care enough to even seek such things out.

I was hoping natural selection would solve our problems, but that seems to not work in this case, as those that are less evolved seem to propagate the fastest. So we're going to have to do something.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th August 2019), Aragorn (25th August 2019), Chester (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019), Elen (25th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019), Kathy (25th August 2019), modwiz (25th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Gosh looking around the world just wow changes changes everywhere for the better n also so so many bad things that have not happened so I prayer and bless for more love more harmony more changes more life and death purrrrrfection.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th August 2019), Chester (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (26th August 2019), Elen (26th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019), Kathy (25th August 2019), modwiz (25th August 2019)

Thanks
    "The propagative memes are much more successful but not of necessity as uplifting as the contemplative memes"

Why is this important? Because humans adaptive capabilities are based in 'abstract genes' which are called memes. Patterns of adaptibility that are imprinted by environmental influence.

e.g. Jesus philosophy of peace and forgiveness memed into the Crusades, a learned manipulated practice of violence and even torture.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2019), Aragorn (26th August 2019), Dreamtimer (26th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019)

Thanks
    He makes good sense regarding 'dialectic' and 'narrative warmaking'. We, from a political perspective are very stuck in narrative warmaking. He points out that both sides are failing in creating an environment that nurtures fully realized humans beings. I see a big part of the problem as the combination of 'propagative memes' and 'narrative warmaking'. Obvious right!? But, and he empasizes that 'nurturing environment' is critical, again I see ONE SIDE specializing in narrative warmaking and memetics that are not conducive to 'nurturing environment'. This is where we are failing as a society and until each and all of us can rise above it we're screwed...A deeper self, he says...uh, yeah!

True and Real together and a earnest desire to achieve it. It is an emotional effort.

And, of course, critical is the abandonment of The Game Theory approach to our survival
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 26th August 2019 at 21:35.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2019), Aragorn (26th August 2019), Dreamtimer (26th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    And, of course, critical is the abandonment of The Game Theory approach to our survival

I heard this radio lab story over the weekend. A man takes a completely different tact, and breaks the theory. It's a great listen. There are interviews of both contestants talking about their intentions going in and how/whether those intentions changed,

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYObQg-LJM

This is the segment from the game show.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qjK3TWZE8

The host says, "It's the ultimate test of faith, love, and....let's face it, greed."

It took much longer than shown on air for them to finally pick their balls. ()
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 26th August 2019 at 16:22.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2019), Aragorn (26th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019)

Thanks
    A comparison between Alan Watts and Jordan Peterson... Disclaimer: I think to compare the two is ludicrous...Ken Wilber is magnitudes more erudite than Peterson. Notice how critical and sarcastic the tone of the presentation is. Classic Jordan Peterson's spirit is alive and well.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-acp9Dk7Ve4

I haven't heard this but I have read a couple of books...This guy is a generational thinker.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4jcxxJ_0ok

Notice the term both these presentations use: "NARRATIVE"

Walking on water was Jesus' covert message to humanity..."Antigravity my children is the salvation of mankind"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2019), Aragorn (26th August 2019), Chester (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (26th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I didn't find Peterson to be charismatic in any of the interviews I watched. Perhaps if I watched a lecture I'd see it. Maybe he's better on stage than in an interview setting.

I didn't find him charismatic at all. He was a bit whiny. But maybe that's a studio thing.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2019), Aragorn (26th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019)

Thanks
    pretty much...he just has a bad attitude...he's mad at the world and projects that. One thing society simply doesn't need is more projected anger...it's killing us.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    Sadly those that want to better the world in which we live, and are willing to make the effort? Are the only ones that watch such things, as those that truly need it? Well they wouldn't care enough to even seek such things out.

I was hoping natural selection would solve our problems, but that seems to not work in this case, as those that are less evolved seem to propagate the fastest. So we're going to have to do something.
    It makes sense that when we define "the world" as the world of physical form (I refer to this as Level III), that physical beings who (as most humans have) realize their individualization appear so mesmerized by Level III they give little thought to Spirit and Soul (Level II). In addition, most folks never consider we are experiencing a consciousness based unified reality.

[For those who are curious - Level I is All and Spirit thus Level II and Level III can be seen as within Level I. Note, my "Levels View" is simply my own language filled with my own designators and are not meant to be presented in any impositional way to any reader].

So Level III ends up being run by those who are able to disconnect (as much as they can) from experiencing any "waking state" consciousness that ever considers seriously anything having to do with Level I or Level II because they are more easily able to extend the limits of what they are capable of doing... and I might add, doing with the knowing that it may or will be to the Level III disadvantage of others. These are the folks who possess and often nurture varying degrees of sociopathy and/or psychopathy, varying degrees of narcissism, megalomania, savior complex (which requires victims) to name a few traits.

A byproduct of the nurturing of these underlying traits is things like greed and/or the seeking of power over others (these often go hand in hand). Folks who blame greed or the seeking of power and leave it at that yet who do not dive into the causes of such are actually fanning the flames of this almost perpetual fire.

My Opinion is that: There is only one way out for all of these folks.

Must see how they are possibly playing a role in furthering the continual downward Level III direction (on planet Earth) which is moving (towards an inevitable self destruction).

Must accept that they are part of the problem.

Must make a decision that they no longer wish to play a supporting role in the continual downward Level III direction.

Must change that within them which has previously guided their destructive role if they can do so.

And if they can't, on their own, seek assistance from whatever resource that can guide them out of their self created trap.

And finally, if they do get out, they should be willing to help others get out.

One thing about Level III is a critical factor called "time." And thus we all should understand that for any pocket of physical existence, time could eventually run out.

Would this mean the "end of the world?" That all depends on how you define "the world."

My world is Level I within which is All (thus Level I individualized, Level II (Soul) and Level III, the physical world(s)) and thus not solely relegated to Level III (the physical world).
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th August 2019), Aragorn (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th August 2019), Gio (27th August 2019), Wind (28th August 2019)

Thanks
    Ken Wilber and Jordan Peterson discussed together...I'm surprised.

This discusses 'Dominance Hierarchies' versus 'Growth Hierarchies' ... interesting

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 27th August 2019 at 13:14.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th August 2019), Aragorn (27th August 2019), Chester (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019)

Thanks
    War on Sensemaking
    If folks actually wished to stop with the war, they would carefully look at their cosmological metaphysical world view,

This planet is:

a.) filled with a dominant species (human beings) who have such a wide range of foundational world views (from materialism to idealism) which, depending on one's own individual true world view means that "the place" from which each of us are coming spans such a wide range, universal "sensemaking" is all but impossible.

b.) filled with folks who, if they are involved with anything that could be viewed as religion, because of the degree of variance each individual focuses upon between the esoteric (mystical principles) and the exoteric (dogma... where exoteric is by far the most dominant)... this wide range creates such significant disagreements that the masses move through their lives without ever grasping the actual nature and science of being. How can this world ever survive itself without understanding and embracing the true, real nature and science of being? of Life?

c.) If convinced "you are born, then live, then die and that's it" then all you have is a sense of self (at the base ego level) which, because you view your existence as just this one life. As a result, your entire ALL THAT IS is self-centered even when you think that everything you are doing is being done for the benefit of others and if you think otherwise, you are deceiving yourself (which is worse than those who act selfish yet outright admit they choose to be that way).

Conclusion: As David Icke emphasized from way, way back...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjYNubZ1kdU
    Last edited by Aragorn, 27th August 2019 at 13:15. Reason: fixed formatting tag and corrected video embedding
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th August 2019), Aragorn (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019), Wind (28th August 2019)

Thanks
    Ken Wilber and Jordan Peterson discussed together...I'm surprised.

I am not surprised at all... One of Ken Wilber's most treasured tenets is that "in all things is some truth."

In addition, Ken is someone who would discuss consciousness and spirituality with anyone. I feel the same is likely true for Jordon Peterson as well.

I read Ken's "A Theory of Everything" back in the mid OO's and it is one of the top 100 most influential books on my personal top 100 list. But far above that one is Ken's Book, "One Taste" as it was while reading this book I finally came face to face with the Absolute... (aka "direct apprehension").

and I've never been the same since.

It's just a ride

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th August 2019), Aragorn (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019), Wind (28th August 2019)

Thanks
    This discusses 'Dominance Hierarchies' versus 'Growth Hierarchies' ... interesting

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th August 2019), Aragorn (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019)

Thanks
    "The propagative memes are much more successful but not of necessity as uplifting as the contemplative memes"

Why is this important? Because humans adaptive capabilities are based in 'abstract genes' which are called memes. Patterns of adaptibility that are imprinted by environmental influence.

e.g. Jesus philosophy of peace and forgiveness memed into the Crusades, a learned manipulated practice of violence and even torture.
    Does Jung's concept of and emphasis on archetypes play a role?

From my own investigation of the Level II medium (that of the Soul/Subconscious) it seems significant as to how archetypes appear to rule that roost. When considering all this, along with the fact that "genes" are an effect and not first cause, should we not consider the import of that which begins in Level I (Spirit) where our individualization begins and where our individual minds are our own personal first cause?

I think, therefore I am...

What I am is foundational to what I do.

Is it important to know what I am? If I don't know what I am and instead operate on a false assumption as to what I am, might what I do be less than optimal?
    Last edited by Chester, 27th August 2019 at 13:41.

It's just a ride

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th August 2019), Aragorn (27th August 2019), Dreamtimer (27th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th August 2019), Wind (28th August 2019)