Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mac n Mic n Spat

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    From observation of late Fred, your a wiser man nowadays

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Fred Steeves (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Interesting perspective Aragorn.

You may have seriously underestimated how many would be seriously annoyed by your popping up there, given the past bad blood between the two forums and the badmouthing done by the likes of bsbray.
    It's worse than having underestimated them. I hadn't even thought of it, because I was of the opinion that time would have wiped away those past sins, especially now that Bill and I have both forgiven each other for our past mistakes. I was actually expecting that I'd be some anonymous figure over there, just as I had been during my first tenure there.

Sure, I had a bunch of people on my friends list over there ─ mainly people who had liked my posts and sent me a friendship request ─ and then there are the dual-members who frequent both forums and who thus know me, but other than that, I thought I was just going to be an anonymous face in the crowd.

[...]

Regarding Bill Ryan’s travails with the far-right, I’m afraid the entire alternative community is to blame here and they have been far too cosy with the closet Nazis in both the US and the UK, not to mention their flirtation with and admiration for Putin.
    I absolutely agree. The entire alternative community has been too cavalier about associating with those who represent the antithesis, instead of trying to come to a synthesis.

I knew something was afoot when the likes of Alex Jones, Paul Craig Roberts, David Icke and other „alternative” community figures started showing up as guests on Russia Today and Zerohedge went full pro-Kremlin propaganda during the Syrian war.
    Well, David Icke himself has already stated years ago that he was both shocked and frustrated over the fact that the only people who were willing to hear him out were the US American white-supremacists of the KKK. Regardless of whatever veracity there would or wouldn't be in his designation of Draco reptilians as the rulers of this world, he once told one of those KKK characters, "I'm not sure what scares me the most ─ the Reptilian Brotherhood, or the world you intend to replace it with."

Alex Jones brags about how Putin likes to listen to his show.
    Yeah, but then again, that's Alex Jones. His middle name is Hyperbole.

These events are not coincidental and the rise of the far-right all over Europe has clearly been attributed to the Kremlin’s influence. It’s not hard to see a similar effort in the US and we should be vigilant about this. [...]
    Yes. Unlike what is commonly still believed in the West, Russia isn't even remotely left-wing anymore now, let alone that it would be communist. It is now more or less a fascist regime, with Putin as a dictator ─ he'll always find a way to remain in power, even when the law forbids him from running for another term.

When Putin had served his previous two terms, the Russian constitution no longer allowed him to run for a third term, and so he had his right-hand man Medvedev be the president for one term, with himself as prime minister, and then as soon as Medvedev's term had ended, Putin got back in the saddle as president.

Quote Originally posted by The Reader View Post
    I've been sent a couple of posts from PA, Aragorn locking horns with mojo, which I think kicked off the rough and tumble Aragorn mentions in his post above.

With respect, Aragorn, could you not for-see that what you said to/about mojo on that thread would cause the situation it did? I think mojo is well liked over t'yonder and any aside thrown his way was bound to cause it to kick off.
    No, not in the slightest. I had no idea. mojo is a former moderator from here, and he was always very laid back while he was here as a member. There wasn't a hair on my head that suspected that mojo would have turned into a lying bigot, and I was appealing unto his past experience as a moderator to get him to see the bigger picture.

Boy, was I in for a big surprise!

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Mmmm they do not even sound human Aragorn, what do you feel is the best way to silence them ?
    The only thing I can think of, Brother, is to continue being the change we wish to see, and hope that it catches on.

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Now where are those four brave little Hobbits?
    I hope you realize that I've been very occupied with the Ents lately , hey?
    You're not a Hobbit, Sister. You're an Elf.

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    When you're ready for the big guns....and if the war shows up in the shire there is one Ent waiting in the wings...
    Tisa mod talk, ents ?
    No, not at all. In the LOTR mythology, NotAPretender identifies as an Ent. That's why he said that.

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    [...]

The mob's ideas are callous and shallow, we just need to find a way for all to see that Caesar is really buck ass nekked. That's how we deal with this.
    I would love for Abby Martin to do an exposé on El Donaldo the Banana Republican™ the way she has done one on Hillary Clinton. But unfortunately, Abby's credibility in the USA has been waning since she started profiling herself more as someone with outspoken progressive ideas.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, because Abby Martin is and has always been an honest investigative journalist with integrity, but the bigots thrive on prejudices, and they've already long stuck a label on Abby by now. They're not going to listen to anything she says anymore. They want Alex Jones and QAnon instead.

See, that's why this thing is so insidious. I don't know whether it's an accomplishment of QAnon or whether it may have come from Breitbart and Trump himself during his election campaign, but there is an entire framework of slogans and memes now for this alt-right to deploy as eating utensils.

Whenever they now see or read something in the news they don't like, then it gets the Fake News™ label stuck onto it and then it is dismissed with prejudice. When they are confronted with someone who doesn't agree with them, then that person is a Snowflake™. When there is a response to their bigotry from people whose brains have not been shredded to a pulp, then they talk about Safety Pins™ and Safe Spaces™. It's an entire vocabulary that now dictates their thought processes, just like a programming language that you use for writing software.

And that's not even such a bizarre analogy, because these people are brainwashed. They won't listen to reason anymore ─ worse than that even: they don't even hear it anymore, and it doesn't register in their brains. They're like zombies now.

And it's only history repeating itself again, because this is the exact same thing as what caused so many atrocities all over the pages of the history books ─ e.g. the genocides in Rwanda, Sierra Leone, et al ─ and it's exactly how dictators like Adolf Hitler managed to rise to power. Likewise, in South Africa, after the fall of Apartheid. South Africa is now a very dangerous place to live if you are white, because a large part of the black population is still completely outraged after all those years of suppression and abuse by the white minority, and they don't care whom they're taking it out on, so long as it's a white person.

You want more meaning in your life, some sense of purpose as to why you're stuck here? Maybe this is your opportunity in clever disguise. Maybe this is the moment you've been waiting for and didn't even know it.
    That light bulb has already gone off a few times in the last couple of days, Brother. There's something very "karmic" about this whole situation.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2019), Bob (8th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Fred Steeves (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn
    See, that's why this thing is so insidious. I don't know whether it's an accomplishment of QAnon or whether it may have come from Breitbart and Trump himself during his election campaign, but there is an entire framework of slogans and memes now for this alt-right to deploy as eating utensils.
    Q has been just as good as Abbey imo, love them both and sad to see both attacked.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 8th July 2019 at 21:49. Reason: added quoting tags and attribution

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Q has been just as good as Abbey imo, love them both and sad to see both attacked.
    Let me ask you a question Vern: Q strongly advocates for actions like regime change in Iran, while Abby is devoted to demonstrating things like the U.S. long sordid history of overthrowing foreign governments, destabilizing entire regions in doing so, and why it's a cruel and monstrous foreign policy to be doing so.

How do you find the two comparable by any stretch of the imagination?

Please help me understand.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 8th July 2019 at 21:36.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    I really think you still don't see what QAnon is doing, Vern, and what it has been doing all along. QAnon is the very thing that's driving a wedge between people who used to be able to get along fine, and it's the very unscrupulous cause of this mass psychosis and rage. It's a fascist propaganda machine, and it has no sense of ethics at all, let alone empathy.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Aragon, do you really think talking to Vern in the way you chastised the Q fans over at The Project, is going to help bridge any of these ever widening gaps between mostly well meaning people who happen to have some deep disagreements over certain things?

IMO this kind of approach will only help bring on the possible looming street battles I hinted at earlier between say Antifa, and the white nationalists. Each side will harden until we are left to watch the two extremes battle it out for supremacy.

I don't want to see that kind of escalation from both sides. There is a better way IMO.

Socrates

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Mmmm they do not even sound human Aragorn, what do you feel is the best way to silence them ?
    Time travel or a superior therapist...my sister was up for Best Doctor in California a couple of years ago...that's not her specialty though...Paranoid Personality Disorders...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    Aragon, do you really think talking to Vern in the way you chastised the Q fans over at The Project, is going to help bridge any of these ever widening gaps between mostly well meaning people who happen to have some deep disagreements over certain things?

What have I said wrong again this time, and how does the tone of my reply to Vern differ from yours?

Maybe I should just reserve my posts for the mod room. At least nobody has been picking on me in there anymore since Brian Brainwash™ left the team.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks

What have I said wrong again this time, and how does the tone of my reply to Vern differ from yours? :noidea
    How it differs, is I'm not talking AT him like he's a fool. I'm talking TO him, as a fellow human being, and trying to understand how and why he sees this thing the way he sees it. It's called diplomacy.

Maybe I should just reserve my posts for the mod room. At least nobody has been picking on me in there anymore since Brian Brainwash™ left the team.
    Nobody's picking on you here either.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 8th July 2019 at 23:17.

Socrates

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What have I said wrong again this time, and how does the tone of my reply to Vern differ from yours?
    How it differs, is I'm not talking AT him like he's a fool. I'm talking TO him, as a fellow human being, and trying to understand how and why he sees this thing the way he sees it. It's called diplomacy.
    I wasn't talking to him like that either. Please stop picking apart everything I say or do as if I'm some kind of uncouth retard. It's insulting, and especially on an open thread.

At least nobody has been picking on me in there anymore since Brian Brainwash™ left the team.
    Nobody's picking on you here either.
    You could have fooled me, then.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    you're not really gonna win that battle here either, Aragorn...unfortunate, though it might be. Is there a middle ground to be found in the 'Q' world? Commander Ryker was never more than 'Number 2' to 'Q'

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    you're not really gonna win that battle here either, Aragorn...unfortunate, though it might be. Is there a middle ground to be found in the 'Q' world? Commander Ryker was never more than 'Number 2' to 'Q'
    The "Q" entity of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" was actually a good guy pretending to be a bad guy, but one only finds out about that in the very last episode of the series, "All Good Things...". QAnon on the other hand is a bad guy ─ actually, more than one ─ who's pretending to be a good guy. Sauron's One Ring, with a hook attached to it.

Anyway, I've exhausted all of my energy for today ─ I have been tending to yet other matters than The One Truth ─ and I'm tired of being criticized, suspected, accused, and all those other things that are unpleasant. I'm out of here.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)

Thanks

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    Let me ask you a question Vern: Q strongly advocates for actions like regime change in Iran, while Abby is devoted to demonstrating things like the U.S. long sordid history of overthrowing foreign governments, destabilizing entire regions in doing so, and why it's a cruel and monstrous foreign policy to be doing so.

How do you find the two comparable by any stretch of the imagination?

Please help me understand.
    Is there not regime change happening atm in Iran, maybe not the old way though.

I really think you still don't see what QAnon is doing, Vern, and what it has been doing all along. QAnon is the very thing that's driving a wedge between people who used to be able to get along fine, and it's the very unscrupulous cause of this mass psychosis and rage. It's a fascist propaganda machine, and it has no sense of ethics at all, let alone empathy.
    Is this man lying ?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th July 2019), Fred Steeves (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    Is there not regime change happening atm in Iran, maybe not the old way though.
    Something organic? Not that I'm aware of, if there's something you know that I don't I'm all ears.

Is this man lying ?

I think the more accurate question would be, does this man let his political leanings interfere with his critical thinking skills? In the same way he accuses others of differing political stripes of doing within the first minute?

Here's a follow up question: What do FOX News, and MSNBC have in common?

Socrates

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th July 2019), Wind (9th July 2019)