Thread: Cistus Tea - traditional healing herbal

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts

Cistus Tea - traditional healing herbal

This plant, a pretty flower which grows wild all around the Mediterranean, also at times called Rock Rose has been used around Crete for ages.

I found it looking for something that could break up bio-films which certain bacteria create so that they can hide from the body's immune system. Some slime molds do the hiding step so that they won't be attacked by the immune system which they are living on.

Here is a picture of the plant - Cistus Incanus variant:

some references:
    https://www.lindenbotanicals.com/201...a-brew-method/

Far more beneficial than green tea and with properties that will excite anyone with PCOS, Leaky Gut, Lyme Disease, or any infections. In fact, this tea is great for so many issues. It’s a MUST HAVE. Introducing, Cistus Incanus!
    Here are some more extracts from various webpages:

Cistus is also a genus of flowering plants in the rockrose family. However Rock Rose encompasses all of the genus Cistus, and it does not mean it’s the same species as Cistus Incanus. Be extra careful you are getting the correct type when searching for the tea.

Plants growing in the Mediterranean-type ecosystems endure multiple stressors and harsh conditions– such as water deficiency, high solar irradiance, and high temperatures. These Mediterranean plants have high levels of polyphenols to protect them against these stressors. In return, it’s the polyphenols in these resilient plants that contain the antioxidants that ultimately improve our health.

Benefits:

Cistus Incanus tea has been used for centuries to boost the immune system, heal wounds, mouthwash, and as a beautifying facial toner.

Cistus Incanus is known for its ridiculously high levels of antioxidants and polyphenolic compounds. Plant-derived polyphenols have been shown to be strong antioxidants with potential health benefits who have antiviral and antibacterial potential. It has shown promising evidence against the influenza virus without exhibiting toxic effects.

• May help with symptoms of Lyme disease
    • Slows the aging process due to antioxidant activity
    • Helps with urinary tract infections
    • Antiviral activity against viruses that cause life-threatening diseases
    • Inhibits HIV infections, Ebola, and Marburg virus
    • Protects DNA
    • Has antibacterial properties, prevents Streptococcus mutations
    • Promotes dental health
    • Has antioxidant properties and eliminates free radicals
    • Reduces the symptoms of the common cold and upper respiratory infections
    • Anti-influenza virus activity
    • Antifungal properties
    • Demonstrates potent anti-inflammatory activity

ref: http://www.katkhatibi.com/cistus-inc...t-heard-about/

I recently had a nasty bout of congestion and ear-ache, and a clogged sensation getting me off balance (and making me very edgy, irritable and "touchy"..) I used some of the fresh Cistus Incanus tea that I brewed well, probably 4 cups a day over 3 days and found the mucous coat of the "bug" was effectively stripped by the Cistus, and I was free of the infection.. No antibiotics needed ! Within about 1/2 hour of drinking the first cup I started to notice how much feeling better there was.

And of all things, Cistus Incanus with prolonged use whitens teeth and acts as an astringent.

I have used it on burns, skin irritations and inflammations.. And it seems to help if one is having H. Pylori internal gut infections that lead to heartburn/ulcers.. Things get healed !

I'm impressed with this very delightful tea and I wanted to share with the members and the public my findings..
    Last edited by Bob, 26th June 2019 at 01:05.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (29th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2019), Kathy (30th June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts
    Some Historical -

Labdanum or ladanum of Cistus Incanus Creticu / Cistus Incanus Tea from Crete. Labdanum : International cultural element. Holy Incense in Bible and Quran.

The resin which appears is caught, and then scraped off, and used to create a concentrate..

From the Minoan era, in the middle of the second millennium BC, and still today, Crete has been famous for the variety and wealth of its flora and its aromatic herbs, in particular. The most celebrated among them, known especially for their healing properties, are the ladanos, or labdanum, of the Cistus Creticus Boissieri genus, called po-ni-ki-jo by the Mycenaeans; and the dictamos, a marjoram, known in Botany as Origanum Dictamnus. This plant, being an attribute of the goddesses Dictyna and Artemis Vritomartys and of god Eros, was also called «theangelis» (= gods' messager) after the role Eros usually has played among the other deities.

Traditional history - Crete:

For immune system. In ancient times it (Labdanum) was used for embalming and aphrodisiac purposes. Most Cistus species have aromatic foliage but some species also exude a highly aromatic gum or resin, called ladanum or labdanum, which has been used in incenses since ancient times and is now a valuable ingredient of perfumes. Various classical writers mention its use as an emetic, for weak stomachs and livers, disorders of the spleen and diarrhoea. It has also been used for hair loss, scurvy, catarrh, asthma, stomach ulcers and cancer, as a protection against the plague and as a fumigant.

(Modern use it appears to repel spiders, and ticks)

------------------------------

Preparation is pretty easy.

Boil your water, filtered pure without added minerals or chlorine or other additives, until it starts to roll. Add your teabag or tea-ball and let it steep for about 10 minutes, frequently dunking to get an adequate release of the constituents from the tea to the water.

The golden color will appear and a very beautiful fragrance will appear. It will not seem earthy or "green" (like from the stems), when the steeping time is just right. The liquid will be mostly clear with minimal sediment.

Allow it to cool down a bit and then enjoy. Some folks say continue to use the tea bag or tea-ball for two more times.. I personally don't find that necessary, I prefer the fresh aromatics which appear for the first steeping..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (29th June 2019), Kathy (30th June 2019)