Thread: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - an amazing simple substance for healing

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts

Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - an amazing simple substance for healing

Magnesium - we have heard that Magnesium is essential in helping with cellular energy.

There is a key pathway into the cells and out of the cells, the Mitochondria specifically, and that pathway is called the BICARBONATE pathway.

(brief reference, but technical: https://reactome.org/content/detail/R-HSA-425381 )

Respiratory oxidation in the mitochondria produces carbon dioxide (CO2) as a waste product. CO2 is in equilibrium with bicarbonate (HCO3-) and is the body's central pH buffering system. HCO3- is charged so cannot move across membranes unaided. The bicarbonate transport proteins move bicarbonate across the membrane. There are 14 genes which encode these transport proteins in mammals.
    Athletes have used SODIUM BICARBONATE prior to extreme exercise...

One works out and one experiences LACTIC acid build up and potentially muscle CRAMPS and PAIN - the muscles just wont contract and relax properly when the ionic chemistry is out of balance - IONIC chemistry refers to the electric charges that are present across the cells. Charges allow for TRANSPORT or movement of chemicals and nutrients..

Plagued by muscle ticks, then the headaches, leg cramps, and foot pain?

Then the problems with appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and weakness?

How about numbness, tingling, seizures, personality changes (anxiety), abnormal heart rhythms, and coronary (heart muscle) spasms?

Is one experiencing chest tightness or a peculiar sensation that one can’t take a deep breath? Possibly sighing a lot?

Feeling zips, zaps and vibratory sensations?

Difficulty swallowing or a lump in the throat-especially provoked by eating sugar; Photophobia (can't be in bright light comfortably, blurred vision, and having difficulty adjusting to oncoming bright headlights in the absence of eye disease; and loud noise sensitivity?

Having insomnia, anxiety, hyperactivity and restlessness with constant movement, and panic attacks?

Getting salt cravings, experiencing both carbohydrate cravings and carbohydrate intolerance, especially of chocolate, and ladies how about breast tenderness without being pregnant?

Are these signs appearing:
    • highly-strung,
    • sensitive to noise,
    • hyper-excitable,
    • apprehensive and
    • belligerent

or these signs?
    • Clouded thinking,
    • confusion,
    • disorientation,
    • marked depression and
    • terrifying hallucinations

Although the symptoms and issues above can be associated with numerous diseases, such simply could be associated with improper magnesium absorption and the consumption of a magnesium which is not properly compatible with one's body in one's own unique situation.

The broad termed observation is a MAGNESIUM shortage.

------------------

I personally don't like to use either calcium supplements or excessive sodium supplements - so both calcium bicarbonate and sodium bicarbonate are out of the question for me.

I tend to be allergic to SULFUR compounds, so EPSOM salts are out of the question for me (magnesium sulfate).

I am interested in getting magnesium not from CITRATE, not from the OXIDE form, but I am interested in the bicarbonate form.

---------------------------------

To make this is very easy. I have now used it for years with excellent results and do not have ANY of the symptoms of magnesium bicarb shortage listed above..

One uses a bottle of PURE seltzer water, or carbonated water, in essence CO2 plus water..

The CO2 is the essential molecule needed to convert something called MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE into Magnesium BiCarbonate.

I will get in to the technique in the subsequent posts..

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), Gio (23rd June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    All those symptoms can appear in folks claiming to be a "targeted individual" by the way.. or folks saying that they are experiencing "electromagnetic sensitivities"... (like being afraid of cellphones, routers, modems, one's computer)..

Are they sensitive? Maybe, but it (the sensitivity) can simply be a magnesium bicarbonate shortage. I personally am not and have not been sensitive to electromagnetics, nor cellphones or powerlines, or routers, etc.

We start with pure magnesium hydroxide - it is called pure milk of magnesia.

There are sources - some of those are:
    Dollar General Milk of Magnesia (Original Flavor)
    Available on dollargeneral.com
    Magnesium hydroxide, purified water.

Good Sense Milk of Magnesia
    Available on Amazon

Kroger Milk of Magnesia (Original Flavor)

TopCare Milk of Magnesia (Original Flavor)

I prefer to use the KROGER brand..

Looking at the ingredients, it contains NO CALCIUM - this is important, do not get ANY milk of magnesia for this procedure which has calcium in it..
    It is perfectly OK for it to have some hypochlorite (a chlorine-like purifier and preservative).

I also get a 1 litre bottle of pure seltzer water:

I use the kroger brand.

Total cost for the magnesium hydroxide and a 1 litre bottle of pure seltzer water, 7 dollars for a 26 ounces and 70 cents for a litre of the seltzer water..

What the "dose" cost per day comes out to is about 15 cents.. !!

Magnesium Hydroxide has been banned in a few countries.. One can obtain though dry powder, Magnesium Hydroxide powder and use that instead of the easy liquid form.

Making it and the alternative method with the dry form of powder in subsequent posts..

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), Gio (23rd June 2019), JRS (27th June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Dry powder

Each teaspoon of "Bulk-Supplements(tm)" Pure Magnesium Hydroxide Powder has 4146 mg of magnesium hydroxide.

So to get 3600 mg of magnesium hydroxide using the powder, one would use 3600/4146 of a teaspoon, which is about 7/8 of one teaspoon of the powder (a little more than 3/4 of a tsp, or a little less than an entire tsp).
    The above should work in that ratio to a 1 litre bottle of pure seltzer.

The source of the dry powder magnesium hydroxide is BulkSupplements.com

-------------------------

To make 1 litre of Magnesium Bicarbonate CONCENTRATE..

The concentrate method allows you to store it in your refrigerator - 1 litre will last about 3-4 weeks at a normal easy dose.

CHILL the magnesium hydroxide LIQUID, and the Seltzer water in the refrigerator overnight. The closer to 37 degrees the better..

When the magnesium hydroxide or the Seltzer water are WARM, the combining of the two substances causes the CO2 to rapidly leave the Seltzer bottle.

We want to PRESERVE as much CO2 as possible as that is needed to react with the HYDROXIDE molecule to help convert it to the BICARBONATE molecule..

---------------------

Measure out either 7/8 of a teaspoon of the dry magnesium hydroxide powder OR 3 tablespoons of the magnesium hydroxide liquid. There is usually a measuring cup attached to the bottle of the liquid..

If you have the LIQUID form of the Magnesium Hydroxide, pour out that measured amount (3 tablespoons) into a 1 cup measuring cup. This measuring cup will serve as our mixing cup.

If you are using the powder, deposit that 7/8ths of a teaspoon full into that measuring cup..

Now open the Seltzer bottle carefully - do NOT SHAKE, do not waste the CO2 gas..

Pour into the 1 cup measuring cup covering the magnesium hydroxide as you do this, with about 2-3 ounces of the Seltzer water.

The liquid will be milky in color.

Close the lid on the Seltzer bottle to preserve the CO2..

Take a plastic spoon and stir for about 3-4 minutes to completely mix the magnesium hydroxide and Seltzer water together.

Now re-open the Seltzer bottle and carefully pour into it (slowly) the liquid from the measuring cup.

The amount will come pretty close to the top of the bottle if you are using the liquid form of magnesium hydroxide.

Close the cap tightly.

Now shake that Seltzer bottle for about 5-10 minutes or until the bottle starts to COLLAPSE.

----------------------

As the bottle collapses the existing CO2 in that is in the Seltzer water will be combining with the magnesium hydroxide and chemically converting it into Magnesium Bicarbonate.

After the bottle collapses you will note that the milky appearance will start to become clear. You may also note that it will become colder in feeling.

When collapsed, put the bottle in the refrigerator for about an hour or two and you will note that there will be zero sediment and the liquid will be clear.

When that happens you have now made your very own magnesium bicarbonate water concentrate.

----------------------

For me I find this dose to be best.

One ounce in the morning is great. I can add it to lukewarm coffee or lukewarm tea.. Magnesium bicarbonate will disassociate at temperatures above 122 degrees F.

Keep it out of thee sunlight and keep it in the refrigerator. I find it remains stable for about 1 month. I keep the Seltzer bottle cap tight when not using it.

------------------------

For me the biggest benefit is NO MORE MUSCLE CRAMPS and an ability to walk longer distances without pain. There is an additional effect that some have reported, which is MORE alertness and a better healthier body.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), Gio (23rd June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Some reports on use of it:

Rather I have an old wound in my right leg with a muscle that starts to twitch if I get low on magnesium.

Then I slobber on some magnesium chloride (dissolved in water, rather like salt water) on my skin.

This form of magnesium intake is called "transdermal magnesium", referring to the fact that the magnesium in this solution is easily absorbed through (trans) the skin (dermal). That quickly boosts my magnesium levels back up to where the muscle stops twitching.

Then I say a little thanks to the Gods that it was a (small, long ago scarred) leg muscle, not a heart muscle, that was just twitching.
    So muscle ticks can be reduced, and the charlie horse muscle lockup (most painful in the legs, side, back or neck) can be reduced to almost ZERO episodes..

Within an hour, I started to notice:
    1) no pain anywhere
    2) ability to have ENERGY, LOTS and LOTS of it
    3) no heartburn type of reactions
    4) any anxiety from stress was reducing
    5) alertness - brain fog was going away
    6) ENERGY, MORE ENERGY - did I say energized?
    7) lowered heart rate, more steady beats, and beats that felt "stronger, fuller"
    8) starting of detoxing, feeling like the liver and kidneys started to activate more fully
    Do not mix it with anything ACID like orange juice. Having it plain with pure water is good, it will taste like a sweet mineral water although there is no sweetener in it..

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I don't know if there is any connection between Vitamin D and magnesium...there might be. Just something for you to investigate. I posted (tongue-in-cheek) a public health announcement thread awhile back...it might be worth checking out Bob...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2019), Bob (23rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)